PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Brazil v Netherlands - World Cup Quarter Finals

Steve-O
02-07-2010, 02:27 PM
1-0 Brazil after 10 minutes, Robinho...easy goal :agree:

Steve-O
02-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Superb there from Brazil, pity it never went in :top marks

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 02:41 PM
I really don't like thw wy Brasil are falling over / feigning injury / moaning at every desicion (which have nearly all been correct)

PeeJay
02-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I really don't like thw wy Brasil are falling over / feigning injury / moaning at every desicion (which have nearly all been correct)

Seems to be a lot of aggro out there on the park - they won't all make it to the end if you ask me. Dunga is annoying me the most, disputing every refereeing decision, even when his own team is at fault.
Brazil in control, Holland a bit lost at the back after losing Mathijsen in the warm-up - he was an important player at the back. Robben is being closed down at every opportunity 4x Brazilians at one point! Van Persie having a shocker.
Anyway, c'mon Oranje!!:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Is that Zibbi in goal for Brazil?:greengrin

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 03:17 PM
pitch looks honking now

SteveHFC
02-07-2010, 03:25 PM
2-1 Holland :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
02-07-2010, 03:26 PM
*****in brilliant Wes!!!!!
GIRUY Samba Patties!!!!!

:na na:

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Brasil continue to whinge and moan and expect to get the ref to do what they want...refs not having it :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
02-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Brasil continue to whinge and moan and expect to get the ref to do what they want...refs not having it :agree:

Maybe listening to the "impartial" commentary on ITV has fuelled a sense of injustice. How dare Holland (a European team from a country smaller than England) dare to be winning this game?

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 03:31 PM
as i have been saying they are losing the plot and moaning...ref gets it right again...dirty dirty challenge

sambajustice
02-07-2010, 03:33 PM
The dutch are complete A**eholes!!

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Robben showing the suposed masters how to keep the ball take a challenge and still keep your cool...letting the ref do his job

I now want Holland to win

H18sry
02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
the dutch are complete a**eholes!!

why?

lapsedhibee
02-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Maybe listening to the "impartial" commentary on ITV has fuelled a sense of injustice. How dare Holland (a European team from a country smaller than England) dare to be winning this game?

Main commentator going on as if it would be the shock result of the century if plucky little Holland were to win. :bitchy: Making Craig Burley sound wise.

Phil D. Rolls
02-07-2010, 03:37 PM

Dry yer eyes, yer gaun oot!!:bye:

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 03:37 PM
why?

good question....:rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
02-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Main commentator going on as if it would be the shock result of the century if plucky little Holland were to win. :bitchy: Making Craig Burley sound wise.

The amount of times he's sneered at Robben has been an embarassment. He's having to rewrite his script. Christ, they must be hurting.

SidBurns
02-07-2010, 03:38 PM
The ref has been class. Hilarious when he went to book Ojeur (sp?) with a red instead of yellow!?! :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
02-07-2010, 03:39 PM

Think the user name may be a clue. Another glory hunter with number 10 on his back!

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 03:40 PM
he messed that Juan up:greengrin

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Think the user name may be a clue. Another glory hunter with number 10 on his back!

I was married in Brasil...have many good friends both there and here who are Brasilians.....but I cant stand the attitude they have displayed today......not good for football when that behaviour gets rewarded....

MacBean
02-07-2010, 03:44 PM

why?

Dry yer eyes, yer gaun oot!!:bye:

nothing wrong with the way Holland are playing whatsoever here. Horrendous stamp from Melo correctly sent off.

Brazil have been found out!

Phil D. Rolls
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Brazil are pesh!!!

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
wheres all the shots of dancing Brasilians in the stands :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
02-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Carnival atmosphere, Copacobana, ha *****ing ha!!!!

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Brasil were Kaka :cool2:

marinello59
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
A win for the good guys. Brazil got exactly what they deserved.

PeeJay
02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Well done Holland - now for a Ghana victory this evening!:greengrin

Steve-O
02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
What a weird game!

After the first half I didn't think the Dutch had a hope of winning that one!!

Phil D. Rolls
02-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Jeez the English must be pig sick judging by the commentator. A player like Robben who couldn't cut it in the best league in the world, how dare he? They seem to think Schneijder is a new discovery.

Honest, what is the basis of these commentators football expertise?

Holland got a break, but they made Brazil pay. One in the eye for the once every four years football fans! Justice has been done, let's go on and avenge 74!

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 03:55 PM
A win for the good guys. Brazil got exactly what they deserved.

:agree:

down-the-slope
02-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Kuyt had a very good game.....kept Maicon quiet as well as supporting forwards....good mflick for goal

Hainan Hibs
02-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Not keen on the Dutch team myself but good win for them and a Netherlands Vs Germany final would be very tasty if it were to happen.

Phil D. Rolls
02-07-2010, 04:04 PM
:agree:

Football was the winner today, pitted against the merciless arrogance of a world wide marketing machine. This love affair with Brazil is unjustified, and for a team like Holland to show that passing the ball, showing patience and chutzpah can destroy all the hype is the shot in the arm this dire finals needed.

Bring on the Moftie, they stole someone's grandfather's bicycle you know.

lapsedhibee
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Quite like Adrian Chiles but "Brazil are out - I can hardly believe I'm saying that" ... wtf? :dunno:

Since Engerlund got knocked out, their presenters seem to have adopted Brazil (presumably because of all the teams left in, Brazil were closest to Engerlund in terms of technical ability and that :fibber:).

The ridiculous lack of objectivity has done my head in this Worldcup. I'm sure it wasn't as bad last time round.

Phil D. Rolls
02-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Quite like Adrian Chiles but "Brazil are out - I can hardly believe I'm saying that" ... wtf? :dunno:

Since Engerlund got knocked out, their presenters seem to have adopted Brazil (presumably because of all the teams left in, Brazil were closest to Engerlund in terms of technical ability and that :fibber:).

The ridiculous lack of objectivity has done my head in this Worldcup. I'm sure it wasn't as bad last time round.

The game that has just finished has to be the worst. We got grandiose summaries of national character, and history. Yet things like the foul on Robben that should have been a red were ignored like it's just one of those things.

He was only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

heretoday
02-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Robben is good at noising up the opposition. He's only got one trick really, cutting in from the right on his left foot.

Van Bommel was the man for the Dutch. He knocked them down in midfield.

sh00byd00
02-07-2010, 05:04 PM
i said it in my Brazil thread and I'll say it again - Overrated.

Love how every man and his dog jumps on the Brazil bandwagon claiming they're something special, when in reality, if they weren't wearing a Brazil strip no one would really bat an eyelid.

sh00byd00
02-07-2010, 05:09 PM

No different to the many, many other foreign nationals that adopt Brazil if their own team don't make the finals. They're called glory hunters, mate

Phil D. Rolls
02-07-2010, 05:13 PM
No different to the many, many other foreign nationals that adopt Brazil if their own team don't make the finals. They're called glory hunters, mate

Don't want to keep going on about their pundits, but their failure to recognise Holland as contenders in this competition shows them up as ill informed cheer leaders. Look at the clubs that the Dutch players play for. I can count at least four who were finalists in the Champion's League.

Yet somehow, the media seemed to let this pass them by. They must do their research from a 1962 edition of the Topical Times Football Annual.

MGmick
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
I think I would only be happier if it was Scotland that had beaten them. Had an enormous soft spot for Holland since 74, the youtube vids of the real JC in his pomp bring a tear to my eye. Nice country and smashing folk. Come on The Cloggies all the way this time.:thumbsup:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Gaun the Cloggies :thumbsup:

Big Frank
02-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Robben is a cheat.

Always has been.

lapsedhibee
03-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Robben is a cheat.

Always has been.

True. I often think he taught Joe Cole all he knows. But in this game he definitely got stamped on and the Brasil boy deserved to get sent off. Holland have over the years given plenty to be admired at Worldcups, so not sure why anyone would begrudge them a chance to progress and win this one.

Don't entirely understand the Brasil and Ghana love-ins at this Worldcup. Is it because they is black? :dunno: