PDA

View Full Version : Benji no team

ski1875
02-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Reported today that benjis deal with greuther the bundisliga 2 side, has fallen through over personal terms. just thought i would inform the faithful if anyone's interested at all. :-)

7Hero
02-07-2010, 06:33 AM
from hero to zero, was amazing how quickly he fell from grace after that cup final.

waste of talent if you ask me..

Mark79
02-07-2010, 06:52 AM
I have a strange feeling (hee haw to back it up) that he will sign for the yams or Motherwell.

Just a feeling.

rainman
02-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Great talent.

*****e attitude.

hibbiedon
02-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I really thought he would be special, what a waste of a talent
I really hope things work out for him but I doubt it still thanks for that cup final I will never forget that day GGTTH :bye:

Speedway
02-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Real waiting to pounce, presumably.

Arch Stanton
02-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Mind you, I don't know what kind of attitude you are supposed to show if you are being played as a striker and never getting a sniff of the ball - the difference in Nish's game when he started getting some service at the end of last season was nothing short of miraculous.

It was just a pity for Benji that he wasn't as good a finisher as Stokes who could live off the barest of scraps or as laid back as Riordan who was happy to just potter about aimlessly with the fans' blessing if nothing was happening for him.

Anyway, that whole deal was very strange - it was announced before the transfer window opened and before a deal had been finalised - Greuther ware presumably trying it on.

Jack
02-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Mind you, I don't know what kind of attitude you are supposed to show if you are being played as a striker and never getting a sniff of the ball - the difference in Nish's game when he started getting some service at the end of last season was nothing short of miraculous.

It was just a pity for Benji that he wasn't as good a finisher as Stokes who could live off the barest of scraps or as laid back as Riordan who was happy to just potter about aimlessly with the fans' blessing if nothing was happening for him.

Anyway, that whole deal was very strange - it was announced before the transfer window opened and before a deal had been finalised - Greuther ware presumably trying it on.

I think presuming may be a bit presumptuous. :wink:

Benji does have history of signing on the dotted line, announcing signings only for it all to go pear shaped not long after. :rolleyes:

Arch Stanton
02-07-2010, 08:51 AM
I think presuming may be a bit presumptuous. :wink:

Benji does have history of signing on the dotted line, announcing signings only for it all to go pear shaped not long after. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that - what signings were these?

Musselbound
02-07-2010, 09:52 AM

They should be able to cope with his wage demands.

Well, it happened with the big Egyptian club whose name escapes me. There was a photo of him signing a contract with them and then a few weeks later he was back at ER with his tail between his legs.

Jack
02-07-2010, 09:59 AM

The photo is of him ‘signing’ for United Arab Emirates club Al Shaab. There were also mutterings of him ‘signing’ for Belgian side Charleroi, and others IIRC, which all came to nothing.

Jim44
02-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Well, it happened with the big Egyptian club whose name escapes me. There was a photo of him signing a contract with them and then a few weeks later he was back at ER with his tail between his legs.

The photo is of him ‘signing’ for United Arab Emirates club Al Shaab. There were also mutterings of him ‘signing’ for Belgian side Charleroi, and others IIRC, which all came to nothing.

The guy apparently had several 'issues' in his private life and I don't think he had the mental strength to cope with both those and also the ropiness of his football career. Shame, as he was potentially one of our most talented players. :dunno:

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-07-2010, 10:56 AM
This may sound a wee bitty unkind but any football player who puts ridiculous religious rituals like fasting for a month etc shouldn't really be playing the game

Just an observation

:wink:

GloryGlory
02-07-2010, 11:04 AM
They should be able to cope with his wage demands.

Al Ahly, IIRC.

Baldy Foghorn
02-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Gets all he deserves IMO. Could not believe his audacity in signing for UAE team, before it fell through, then he came back with tail between his legs.....

aberhibsfc
02-07-2010, 11:13 AM
I take no satisfaction in his current prediciment. I believe he was/is a talent. HIs attitude during the Mixu era was highly questionable to say the least. He spent a season in the wilderness which done him no good.

Hughes was good to let him back into the fold, lest not forget he scored a winner too last season.

He played his part albeit minor.

The reason for him leaving, I doubt would be to do with his talent, was to free funds needed elsewhere.

I would have been happy for him to stay on as he is a talent and managed properly could do well. But I respect Hughes as a manager and believe he has done the right thing for both parties.

I wish Benji all the best in the future, I will always consider him to have been a decent player at ER.

It can't be that easy for a young lad to move such a distance to a different climate and social region to his own.

Our players, English too, don't tend to want to venture abroad, at least he gave it a bash.

Luna_Asylum
02-07-2010, 11:30 AM
This may sound a wee bitty unkind but any football player who puts ridiculous religious rituals like fasting for a month etc shouldn't really be playing the game

Just an observation

:wink:

not just that shouldn't the govt forbid them entry from the country at the very least

Baldy Foghorn
02-07-2010, 11:33 AM
not just that shouldn't the govt forbid them entry from the country at the very least

:fishin::fishin::stirrer::stirrer:

Betty Boop
02-07-2010, 11:40 AM

:rolleyes:

Brizo
02-07-2010, 12:08 PM
I will never forget his CIS Cup final performance but have instantly forgotten most of his subsequent performances. Potential to be something special and while all the excuses can be trotted out for him the bottom line is he didnt fulfill that potentail. Id have probably been more charitable if he hadnt touted himself to all and sundry ; and flounced about the pitch like a petulant school girl whenever things didnt go his way

Hainan Hibs
02-07-2010, 12:11 PM

:agree: It's PC gone mad.

:greengrin:devil:

Luna_Asylum
02-07-2010, 12:24 PM
:fishin::fishin::stirrer::stirrer:

far from it - i am with you - the audacity he had trying to sign for another club and then coming back and attending a mosque

gggrrrrrrr

Arch Stanton
02-07-2010, 12:44 PM

This hardly backs up your post -

The signing was reported on their site and the club dropped their interest for someone else - hardly an indictment of Benji since it was him that was shafted.

And as for mutterings, well, if that is the 'history' you refer to then you may as well claim that every post made on Hibs Net is factually accurate. :greengrin

zlatan
02-07-2010, 01:12 PM

What a fresh, orginal, witty and downright pant wettingly funny joke.

(((Fergus)))
02-07-2010, 01:21 PM

I think it's Al Ahly. He certainly 'signed' for them at one point. Zemmama went on loan to Al Shaab.

Benji was also on loan at Charleroi.

Speedway
02-07-2010, 01:29 PM
What a fresh, orginal, witty and downright pant wettingly funny joke.

Who said I was joking?

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Who said I was joking?

Fair point. The other poster must have immediately went for Real Madrid. There are lots of other Real teams, like Mallorca, Vallecano, Betis, Sociedad. The two credible candidates however, would be Coca-Cola sponsored Real Thing or indeed the Cable and Wireless sponsored Real Radio.

Arch Stanton
02-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Fair point. The other poster must have immediately went for Real Madrid. There are lots of other Real teams, like Mallorca, Vallecano, Betis, Sociedad. The two credible candidates however, would be Coca-Cola sponsored Real Thing or indeed the Cable and Wireless sponsored Real Radio.

No danger anyone will think you are trying to be funny, thats for sure. :agree:

trev the hat
02-07-2010, 06:32 PM
I take no satisfaction in his current prediciment. I believe he was/is a talent. HIs attitude during the Mixu era was highly questionable to say the least. He spent a season in the wilderness which done him no good.

Hughes was good to let him back into the fold, lest not forget he scored a winner too last season.

He played his part albeit minor.

The reason for him leaving, I doubt would be to do with his talent, was to free funds needed elsewhere.

I would have been happy for him to stay on as he is a talent and managed properly could do well. But I respect Hughes as a manager and believe he has done the right thing for both parties.

I wish Benji all the best in the future, I will always consider him to have been a decent player at ER.

It can't be that easy for a young lad to move such a distance to a different climate and social region to his own.

Our players, English too, don't tend to want to venture abroad, at least he gave it a bash.

:agree: Good post.
Good luck Benji:thumbsup:

Hibs On Tour
03-07-2010, 12:49 PM

:agree: Probably why I saw him sauntering aimlessly around Edinburgh Airport last Friday while waiting for my flight down to London...