PDA

View Full Version : Zouma

KeithTheHibby
01-07-2010, 07:28 PM
What's the latest with the wee man?

Fit enough for pre-season?

Either way looking forward to seeing him back strutting his stuff in gods country.

No.4
01-07-2010, 08:27 PM
I've not actually heard how he's getting on but we definitely need the wee man back. I don't think it was a coincidence that our form went out the window when he was injured, magic wee player!

Anyone go along to watch them train that can shed any light on whether he's around?

hibee1993
02-07-2010, 09:28 AM
seen him at arthur seat last night when i was doing my pre season with coldstream ! was kicking a ball about with his laddie and missus ! :)

sambajustice
02-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I would get shot of him asap.

He's not giving us the return we're looking for!

tam4hibs
02-07-2010, 11:09 AM

You joking?! :boo hoo:

I think the wee man is the bees knees - i think he is the only player currently at Hibs with a creative spark (maybe Spoony but you dont see it whens he playng RB).

Yep, hes had a torrid time with injuries but hes a player id much rather have for 1/2 a season than not at all.

Brilliant to watch. Skillfull. Technically very good (could challange Riordan on the free kick taking). And unlike Benji, great attitude. Best player for us last season until he got injured.

And like the earlier poster mentioned - i dont think it was a coincidence our form dropped when he got injured.

poolman
02-07-2010, 11:25 AM

:confused:

sambajustice
02-07-2010, 11:37 AM
You joking?! :boo hoo:

I think the wee man is the bees knees - i think he is the only player currently at Hibs with a creative spark (maybe Spoony but you dont see it whens he playng RB).

Yep, hes had a torrid time with injuries but hes a player id much rather have for 1/2 a season than not at all.

Brilliant to watch. Skillfull. Technically very good (could challange Riordan on the free kick taking). And unlike Benji, great attitude. Best player for us last season until he got injured.

And like the earlier poster mentioned - i dont think it was a coincidence our form dropped when he got injured.

Nah, not kidding at all, i think people overrate him on here.

It doesnt matter how many flicks and tricks he does, we're simply not getting any return on him at all. A wasted wage in my opinion.

I'm not doubting he's a good player, but really, how often does he actually play? And out of those games how many is he really turning it on?

What are we getting from him then? a handful of games a season?? Sorry he's not for me, ship out and move on.

Thats the style of player we want but he's not doing it for us so get someone else who we'll get more than 4 or 5 games out of a season. A paupers Latapy at best!

Hainan Hibs
02-07-2010, 12:13 PM
On his day he is by far the best player we have for creating chances and exciting the fans, however the amount of time he spends on the treatment table is only outdone by Killen.

SmokieJoe
03-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Get rid of him? nah, he'd fit in at the Emerates both on skill and vision. maybe a possibillity that he gets injured more due to our dodgy pitch in the last half of the season. This will be the first season ( in Europe) that we will see his full potential, with De Graff/Spoony on the right Zouma could have a free roll and get the ball moving around quicker in mid field without being forced to play in one specific area of the pitch, the wee man is class and one we want to keep a hold of.

Hibs90
03-07-2010, 10:43 AM
:confused:

can only be drugs :agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd sell him tomorrow, a fantastic player when he's on form, in fact one of the 1st names on the team sheet imho. Although those days like Benji are few and far between. Injured a lot, went on loan for a season. I think the club should cash in before he leaves for nothing, like benji. I would not sign anymore muslim players, the 2 we have signed have not contributed enough when ramadan in on, couple that with them not settling well, both have gone out on loan, and injuries, that market imho does not give enough value for money.

hibsbollah
03-07-2010, 12:12 PM
I'd sell him tomorrow, a fantastic player when he's on form, in fact one of the 1st names on the team sheet imho. Although those days like Benji are few and far between. Injured a lot, went on loan for a season. I think the club should cash in before he leaves for nothing, like benji. I would not sign anymore muslim players, the 2 we have signed have not contributed enough when ramadan in on, couple that with them not settling well, both have gone out on loan, and injuries, that market imho does not give enough value for money.

What about Jews? :confused:should we sign any of them?

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 12:14 PM
What about Jews? :confused:should we sign any of them?

I knew someone would come back with a reply like that. I'd take jews if they were european jews.

hibsbollah
03-07-2010, 12:16 PM
I knew someone would come back with a reply like that. I'd take jews if they were european jews.

Jews have to fast on Yom Kippur, September 18th. This clashes with our home match against Hamilton. No way should we sign any of them, they wouldnt provide a return on our investment:grr:

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Jews have to fast on Yom Kippur, September 18th. This clashes with our home match against St Johnstone. No way should we sign any of them, they wouldnt provide a return on our investment:grr:

I can put up with one day.

hibsbollah
03-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I can put up with one day.

But theres those bleedin candlesticks to consider. Drop one of those on your teammate's foot and his metatarsal is at risk...

NAE NOOKIE
03-07-2010, 12:23 PM
It is really frustrating that probably our most talanted player has hardly kicked a ball for us in two seasons for various reasons, so I can understand why some folks on here are beginning to wonder if its worth keeping him around. Have to admit that I'm one of them.

But thats the only reason. A great wee player on his day.

As for the Muslim thing. Not really a factor IMO for Zouma, Benji was just naturally a lazy git anyway.

We need a full season from Zouma or it will be better for him to go.

:bitchy:

bingo70
03-07-2010, 12:25 PM
But theres those bleedin candlesticks to consider. Drop one of those on your teammate's foot and his metatarsal is at risk...

If we signed a jewish player and it turns out they all suffered a broken metatarsal every year and spent a month out from that happening i'd tend to think jewish players weren't great value either :agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 12:28 PM

Aye because they all walk around with candlesticks, dropping it on team mates feet. Unlike muslims who let their fitness drop, to the detriment of the team the fans and the people who pay their wages.

hibsbollah
03-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Aye because they all walk around with candlesticks, dropping it on team mates feet. Unlike muslims who let their fitness drop, to the detriment of the team the fans and the people who pay their wages.

I think you're starting to make a fool of yourself:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 12:37 PM
I think you're starting to make a fool of yourself:thumbsup:

Wouldnt be the 1st time. :greengrin

(((Fergus)))
03-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Jews can't play on a Saturday however they can play on Sunday - a day when our protestants and catholics rarely show up, especially if it's a televised game against the old firm.

PS regarding Zemmama, I'd like to see how he gets on this season before jumping to the conclusion that he is too inconsistent. YEs, his career has been disrupted a lot so far, but if it hadn't been he wouldn't still be at HIbs.

hibsdaft
03-07-2010, 12:45 PM
i have a feeling the ramadan issue might not be too significant now Benji is away. i get the feeling Zoumer doesn't give too much of a ***** about that stuff but maybe went along with it when his mate was here possible due to peer pressure/ going with the flow. i suspect he won't be making a big deal of it off his own back, if he feels its expected of him he'll probably go along with it though so Yogi would do well not to assume its a big deal for him imo.

NAE NOOKIE
03-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Ye gods ..... Lets not turn this into an argument about religion, therin lies madness.

Having said that, if one of the teams in the SPL or EPL had a squad full of born again Christians it wouldnt half screw up SKY,s Sunday schedule.

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 12:48 PM
]i have a feeling the ramadan issue might not be too significant now Benji is away.[/B] i get the feeling Zoumer doesn't give too much of a ***** about that stuff but maybe went along with it when his mate was here possible due to peer pressure/ going with the flow. i suspect he won't be making a big deal of it off his own back, if he feels its expected of him he'll probably go along with it though so Yogi would do well not to assume its a big deal for him imo.

He's in the last year of his contract, i doubt it will make any difference either. The club will sell if they can, they wont want him leaving for free.

(((Fergus)))
03-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Ramadan in 2010 will start on Wednesday, the 11th of August and will continue for 30 days until Thursday, the 9th of September

Kind of worst possible time for an SPL footballer who likes playing in nice weather on brand new pitches.

I think it comes forward each year by about 10 days, so the longer he stays, the better it gets for Hibs.

hibsbollah
03-07-2010, 12:56 PM
If we signed a jewish player and it turns out they all suffered a broken metatarsal every year and spent a month out from that happening i'd tend to think jewish players weren't great value either :agree:

I dont think Zouma's metatarsals and hamstrings (the two reasons he's missed so much football) are anything to do with his religion. The ramadan thing has been debated so many times on here theres no point doing it again (what was Collins doing? Why did he tell Zemmama and Benji to take the time off?) but its obvious looking at the NBA for example that muslims can continue to be successful sportsmen during ramadan.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I dont think Zouma's metatarsals and hamstrings (the two reasons he's missed so much football) are anything to do with his religion. The ramadan thing has been debated so many times on here theres no point doing it again (what was Collins doing? Why did he tell Zemmama and Benji to take the time off?) but its obvious looking at the NBA for example that muslims can continue to be successful sportsmen during ramadan.

Do these NBA teams have muslims from other continents in their teams?

hibsbollah
03-07-2010, 01:00 PM

i don't know, is it relevant?

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2010, 01:02 PM
IMO, we should make it club policy not to sign practising Catholics.

All that genuflecting can't be good for the knees.

HibeeMcGinn1
03-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Nah, not kidding at all, i think people overrate him on here.

It doesnt matter how many flicks and tricks he does, we're simply not getting any return on him at all. A wasted wage in my opinion.

I'm not doubting he's a good player, but really, how often does he actually play? And out of those games how many is he really turning it on?

What are we getting from him then? a handful of games a season?? Sorry he's not for me, ship out and move on.

Thats the style of player we want but he's not doing it for us so get someone else who we'll get more than 4 or 5 games out of a season. A paupers Latapy at best!

fanny

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2010, 01:05 PM
fanny

Prize for the most incisive piece of debating skill today....

:rolleyes:

Hibby Bairn
03-07-2010, 01:08 PM
i have no idea re nutrition and the specifics of ramadan but I would think somone playing at 3pm would perform better if they had had something to eat in the preceding 9 hours...no?

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 01:10 PM
i don't know, is it relevant?

I think it is. Muslims hindu's it makes no difference. The value for money of signing players from different continents with different religions that imho do affect their performances, is not value for money imho. They dont seem to settle very well, they do lose fitness during ramadan, unless its only our ones? And its to the detriment of our team. Good players are zemamma and benji, but i would certainly rather we signed european players in future, or if its muslims, ones who are prepared to put the club first.

Betty Boop
03-07-2010, 01:14 PM
i have no idea re nutrition and the specifics of ramadan but I would think somone playing at 3pm would perform better if they had had something to eat in the preceding 9 hours...no?

Fasting during Ramadan doesn't seem to do the likes of Yaya Toure, Abidal, Keita or Diarra any harm.

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2010, 01:14 PM
I think it is. Muslims hindu's it makes no difference. The value for money of signing players from different continents with different religions that imho do affect their performances, is not value for money imho. They dont seem to settle very well, they do lose fitness during ramadan, unless its only our ones? And its to the detriment of our team. Good players are zemamma and benji, but i would certainly rather we signed european players in future, or if its muslims, ones who are prepared to put the club first.

One could also say the same about Europeans who have particular social habits. For example, a British player who is known to like a drink.

Responsible managers should, and do, make background enquiries into a player's lifestyle to help decide whether they would be a good investment. Whether that is a 20 goals a year striker with a gambling issue, or a foreign player with religious convictions, the issues are the same..... will they fit in, will they benefit the team, and will their "anomalies" hinder the team?

cammy1969
03-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Ramadan in 2010 will start on Wednesday, the 11th of August and will continue for 30 days until Thursday, the 9th of September

Kind of worst possible time for an SPL footballer who likes playing in nice weather on brand new pitches.

I think it comes forward each year by about 10 days, so the longer he stays, the better it gets for Hibs.
i could be wrong but i thought zuma was'nt going 2 be fit 4 the start of season so maybe ramadan won't effect us so much this season as he will still be injured during ramadan

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 01:15 PM
One could also say the same about Europeans who have particular social habits. For example, a British player who is known to like a drink.

Responsible managers should, and do, make background enquiries into a player's lifestyle to help decide whether they would be a good investment. Whether that is a 20 goals a year striker with a gambling issue, or a foreign player with religious convictions, the issues are the same..... will they fit in, will they benefit the team, and will their "anomalies" hinder the team?

:agree: Yip thats spot on.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Fasting during Ramadan doesn't seem to do the likes of Yaya Toure, Abidal, Keita or Diarra any harm.

Does it not? What are they like during ramadan?

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2010, 01:17 PM

They are fed by Offshore Trusts, I believe. :agree:

ColinP
03-07-2010, 01:33 PM
this thread is ridiculous.

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2010, 01:40 PM
this thread is ridiculous.

In what way?

DH1875
03-07-2010, 01:40 PM

Yip there are and have been Muslims in the NBA. Some of them very well known. In fact there is a romour that one of the best, most famous players out there is muslim although I've never seen it confirmed.

WHY, DO YOU ASK?

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Yip there are and have been Muslims in the NBA. Some of them very well known. In fact there is a romour that one of the best, most famous players out there is muslim although I've never seen it confirmed.

WHY, DO YOU ASK?

I ask as the 2 we have signed seem to miss familiar surroundings, get injured a lot, and bugger off for a season at a time. Are these muslims from america playing in the NBA, or from another continent?

SmokieJoe
03-07-2010, 02:47 PM
IMO, we should make it club policy not to sign practising Catholics.

All that genuflecting can't be good for the knees.

Lol, this is why they left us to set up Celtic 13 years later, not the dodgy knee cartilage ailment.:wink::wink:

Betty Boop
07-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Just seen Zemmamma in Sainsburys Meadowbank, with his beautiful wife and gorgeous wee boy. Zouma looked fit as a fiddle! :greengrin

No.4
07-07-2010, 08:47 PM
I ask as the 2 we have signed seem to miss familiar surroundings, get injured a lot, and bugger off for a season at a time. Are these muslims from america playing in the NBA, or from another continent?

For someone with nearly 23,000 posts, you're ignorance of the facts surrounding why those 2 players "buggered" off for a season at a time is, frankly, astonishing. It's called being loaned out to another team, for differing reasons. Should we punt all the young players we tell to bugger off to the lower divisions to gain experience? :confused:

The level of ignorence to other people's religious beliefs and the over blowing BNP style accusations of how much ramadan actually effects muslims (how come there were no problems when they played for TM?) right across this thread is a total embarressment. Perhaps we should just not give Muslims any jobs because surey they must be tired and hungry and not abe to work properly in hospitals etc??

And people on here slag off JKB?

The wee man should definitely be given the chance to show us what he has got in his locker for a full season. Given the fact that he has hardly played through injury last season, just who do the masses think are going to buy him with a year on his contract?!

Thee only player at ER who can get a crowd to their feet time and again. Get well soon wee man, cannae wait to see you in the green next season!:agree:

Jim44
07-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't dismiss Zemmama on religious or 'fitness' grounds. Bottom line for me is his footballing skill (best in club) and willingness to be with us (no doubt in my mind). OK I agree that his contribution has been hampered by circumstances but I'd still rather see him on our books rather than lose him.

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2010, 09:10 PM
For someone with nearly 23,000 posts, you're ignorance of the facts surrounding why those 2 players "buggered" off for a season at a time is, frankly, astonishing. It's called being loaned out to another team, for differing reasons. Should we punt all the young players we tell to bugger off to the lower divisions to gain experience? :confused:

The level of ignorence to other people's religious beliefs and the over blowing BNP style accusations of how much ramadan actually effects muslims (how come there were no problems when they played for TM?) right across this thread is a total embarressment. Perhaps we should just not give Muslims any jobs because surey they must be tired and hungry and not abe to work properly in hospitals etc??

The wee man should definitely be given the chance to show us what he has got in his locker for a full season. Given the fact that he has hardly played through injury last season, just who do the masses think are going to buy him with a year on his contract?!

Thee only player at ER who can get a crowd to their feet time and again. Get well soon wee man, cannae wait to see you in the green next season!:agree:

Why would i want kids to bugger off because they have gone out on loan? Zemamma and Benji were men when we signed them, players we saw as 1st team players, not kids.

Both failed to settle, both buggered off for a season, and both failed to keep themselves in tip top condition, because of their religion. I dont care if they are muslims, or atheist, catholic or protestant. Although if their religion causes them to under perform for hibs, then i don't find that acceptable. If this makes me a racist, i don't really give a toss. Yes Zemamma can get us on our feet, thats when he's actually on the pitch, most of the time he's either injured, off on his jaunts on loan, or fasting for ramadan. And benji, the other one, playing for his country while unfit for hibs, again a decent player on his day, but those days are few and far between. Both players have not been worth the money, and a route i hope the club don't go down again in the near future.

SmokieJoe
07-07-2010, 10:48 PM

You do realise that the british government would not let Zouma's wife in to the UK to have their kid here, to stop them from claiming british citezinship ? so he HAD to go out on loan for a season, and not less then a season so him, his wife and kid could share a stable home for a year.

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 09:14 AM
You do realise that the british government would not let Zouma's wife in to the UK to have their kid here, to stop them from claiming british citezinship ? so he HAD to go out on loan for a season, and not less then a season so him, his wife and kid could share a stable home for a year.

I did know this, he did not HAVE to go out on loan. :confused: I also know that people go abroad all the time to work, its there choice, its a sacrifice they make for the sake of their family. But no, we have to put up with them swanning off. As usual Hibs are the losers. Both players have never been commited to Hibs, and have not been value for money.

Sergio sledge
08-07-2010, 10:10 AM
I did know this, he did not HAVE to go out on loan. :confused: I also know that people go abroad all the time to work, its there choice, its a sacrifice they make for the sake of their family. But no, we have to put up with them swanning off. As usual Hibs are the losers. Both players have never been commited to Hibs, and have not been value for money.

IIRC when Zemamma signed, the regulations were such that his wife would have been able to get into the country, however they then changed and she couldn't get in to the country. SO in order to allow a player who was clearly unhappy a chance to see his wife a child, the club agreed to loan him out for a season. Yes, we lost out because he wasn't in the team for that year, but he returned to the club and, before he got injured, was playing the best football IMHO since he came.

The club had to balance up whether the benefit of forcing him to stay in the team, clearly unhappy and probably not performing to the best of his abilities, possibly disrupting the team and paying him wages was worth it for a year, or whether they should be sympathetic to him and let him go for a year with the agreement he would return at the end of the year.

Do you know how much of Zemamma's wages we were paying during the time he was away for a year, and consequently how poor value for money he was during the time he was away?

As to their commitment to the club, Benji certainly gave the impression that he wasn't committed, however Zemamma has always seemed to be trying his hardest and has always seemed to give his all for the team, running himself into the ground in quite a lot of games I saw. Perhaps you've had confirmation from Zemamma that he is not fully committed tot he club.

With regards to Ramadan, there are thousands of Muslim sports people the world over who play through Ramadan regularly with no problems and no-one makes an issue of it. It only seems to be at Hibs that managers and fans have made a big deal of it. I don't know whether that is down to the club being ignorant of how to deal with it, or the players not knowing enough how to deal with it or, as you say, not enough commitment from the players. There is no way we can judge this however, and to suggest we should never sign another Muslim from another continent is ridiculous.....

nickwhibs
08-07-2010, 10:21 AM
IIRC when Zemamma signed, the regulations were such that his wife would have been able to get into the country, however they then changed and she couldn't get in to the country. SO in order to allow a player who was clearly unhappy a chance to see his wife a child, the club agreed to loan him out for a season. Yes, we lost out because he wasn't in the team for that year, but he returned to the club and, before he got injured, was playing the best football IMHO since he came.

The club had to balance up whether the benefit of forcing him to stay in the team, clearly unhappy and probably not performing to the best of his abilities, possibly disrupting the team and paying him wages was worth it for a year, or whether they should be sympathetic to him and let him go for a year with the agreement he would return at the end of the year.

Do you know how much of Zemamma's wages we were paying during the time he was away for a year, and consequently how poor value for money he was during the time he was away?

As to their commitment to the club, Benji certainly gave the impression that he wasn't committed, however Zemamma has always seemed to be trying his hardest and has always seemed to give his all for the team, running himself into the ground in quite a lot of games I saw. Perhaps you've had confirmation from Zemamma that he is not fully committed tot he club.

With regards to Ramadan, there are thousands of Muslim sports people the world over who play through Ramadan regularly with no problems and no-one makes an issue of it. It only seems to be at Hibs that managers and fans have made a big deal of it. I don't know whether that is down to the club being ignorant of how to deal with it, or the players not knowing enough how to deal with it or, as you say, not enough commitment from the players. There is no way we can judge this however, and to suggest we should never sign another Muslim from another continent is ridiculous.....

:top marks

.Sean.
08-07-2010, 10:21 AM

That rings a bell... :hmmm:

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 10:27 AM
How many games has he played since he signed for the club? And how many have been great games?
I agree, the club did have to balance up if he'd be happy or not, yet others work abroad and leave their familys, is it only footballers who get this special treatment?
I have no idea how much he earns, what i do think, is whatever he's earnt since he signed for us, its not been worth it for fleeting moments of good football.
No confirmation on any commitment, just my opinion of someone who left the club, like his mate benji, who always said the right things to the fans, but again imho really did not want to be here
You might find it rediculous, and others too, but again imho players from that continent whether they be muslim or dont follow any religion dont settle well, and dont like the way we play, are critical of that, bugger off at the first bit of trouble, get injured, but still play when injured for their country, and are not worth the time and effort getting them to the club. British or European players, yes, but players from different continents are too much trouble, again imho.

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 10:31 AM
That rings a bell... :hmmm:

Has ****** asked to go on loan to an irish club? :wink:

SmokieJoe
08-07-2010, 10:55 AM

I'm sure the way Hibs viewed it was that no matter when your first born (for me all of my kids) i'd want to be right by my wife's side for at least the first 3 months. so Hibs options were, loan him for 3 months and drag him back, he would want his wife and kid close also, i personally could not imagine the stress of shifting my family and household 3 months after my kid was born. That would get my back up and probably start a transfer request. But i'm sure the view was taken, to give them a bit of breathing space and not to get them stressed out, in the view when it comes round to contract time, that 'we looked after you then', should hibs wish to renew/extend his contract. after all he is a quality player.

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm sure the way Hibs viewed it was that no matter when your first born (for me all of my kids) i'd want to be right by my wife's side for at least the first 3 months. so Hibs options were, loan him for 3 months and drag him back, he would want his wife and kid close also, i personally could not imagine the stress of shifting my family and household 3 months after my kid was born. That would get my back up and probably start a transfer request. But i'm sure the view was taken, to give them a bit of breathing space and not to get them stressed out, in the view when it comes round to contract time, that 'we looked after you then', should hibs wish to renew/extend his contract. after all he is a quality player.

If he does sign a new contract, i'd agree, and would also be happy. I dont think he will, and will be another who lets his contract run out. Considering we did have to pay for him, if i remember correctly around the £300k, not money well spent imho.

Sergio sledge
08-07-2010, 11:35 AM
You might find it rediculous, and others too, but again imho players from that continent whether they be muslim or dont follow any religion dont settle well, and dont like the way we play, are critical of that, bugger off at the first bit of trouble, get injured, but still play when injured for their country, and are not worth the time and effort getting them to the club. British or European players, yes, but players from different continents are too much trouble, again imho.

"That continent" being Africa I presume? Can you give me a list of all the African players that have come to this country and then "bugger off at the first bit of trouble." I think it very much depends on the player, but the vast majority of African, or Asian, or South American, or North American, or Australian players settle in Britain and Europe with no problems at all. You only have this opinion because two of the most recent players we have signed have been (in your opinion) not value for money. IMHO, Benji was value for money for his cup final goals alone. :wink: Its a bit narrow minded to say we should only sign European players because of Hibs' experience with our 2 most recent Morrocan players. I presume you wouldn't have signed Bamba if you'd been manager? What about Latapy, he was from a different continent, he wasn't worth signing at all....

As to the amount of good games Zemamma has had, I'm not going to bother counting them, but I don't remember him having a bad game last season before his injury.

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 11:45 AM
"That continent" being Africa I presume? Can you give me a list of all the African players that have come to this country and then "bugger off at the first bit of trouble." I think it very much depends on the player, but the vast majority of African, or Asian, or South American, or North American, or Australian players settle in Britain and Europe with no problems at all. You only have this opinion because two of the most recent players we have signed have been (in your opinion) not value for money. IMHO, Benji was value for money for his cup final goals alone. :wink: Its a bit narrow minded to say we should only sign European players because of Hibs' experience with our 2 most recent Morrocan players. I presume you wouldn't have signed Bamba if you'd been manager? What about Latapy, he was from a different continent, he wasn't worth signing at all....

As to the amount of good games Zemamma has had, I'm not going to bother counting them, but I don't remember him having a bad game last season before his injury.
It might be narrow minded, and you make some good points. Maybe its just morrocans i dont want us to sign? Benji did score 2 goals in the cup final, and i am eternally gratefull. Although i am still not convinced him or zemamma have been worth the time and effort put in to signing them, and would rather we used european players who seem to settle in scotland better.

tam4hibs
08-07-2010, 12:01 PM
It might be narrow minded, and you make some good points. Maybe its just morrocans i dont want us to sign? Benji did score 2 goals in the cup final, and i am eternally gratefull. Although i am still not convinced him or zemamma have been worth the time and effort put in to signing them, and would rather we used european players who seem to settle in scotland better.

Ah, so based on your theory Bamba can go too? Not a european player. Obviously never settled in and you know for sure (with dozens of examples...) that he will 'bugger off' at the first sign of trouble? :bye:

Im glad your not the manager or chairman for our club.... (or any other actually)

Scout: "Eh, BH, ive found a half decent prospect playing in France, 21 and just singed a professional contarct"
BH: "Whats his name?"
Scout: "Didier Drogba"
BH: "Nationality?"
Scout: Ivory Coast
BH: "WHAT?! Na, Na, Na sunshine. If hes not european hes not worth it, will bugger off first sign of trouble..." :confused:

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Ah, so based on your theory Bamba can go too? Not a european player. Obviously never settled in and you know for sure (with dozens of examples...) that he will 'bugger off' at the first sign of trouble? :bye:

Im glad your not the manager or chairman for our club.... (or any other actually)

Scout: "Eh, BH, ive found a half decent prospect playing in France, 21 and just singed a professional contarct"
BH: "Whats his name?"
Scout: "Didier Drogba"
BH: "Nationality?"
Scout: Ivory Coast
BH: "WHAT?! Na, Na, Na sunshine. If hes not european hes not worth it, will bugger off first sign of trouble..." :confused:

A decent prospect playing in france, last time i looked that was europe. Bamba was playing in france when dunfermline signed him, thats europe too. Obviously there are players in different continents that we could sign, players that could turn out to be real gems, worth millions. Although the time money and effort to get those players imho are way beyond what we can afford. And until such times as we can, i'd prefer to play things a little safer when signing players.

Speedway
08-07-2010, 12:25 PM
This is in danger of turning into a Ramadanam ding-dong.

I'd still sign Muslims, as long as they're not Shi-ite.

tam4hibs
08-07-2010, 01:28 PM
A decent prospect playing in france, last time i looked that was europe. Bamba was playing in france when dunfermline signed him, thats europe too. Obviously there are players in different continents that we could sign, players that could turn out to be real gems, worth millions. Although the time money and effort to get those players imho are way beyond what we can afford. And until such times as we can, i'd prefer to play things a little safer when signing players.

Fair enough then. Each to their own.

Im happy for us to look at player targets from anywhere, even the moon, if it means they will improve our squad.

I stick by my point that Zemmama is the most technically gifted and most exciting player at ER (just now anyway) and would still prefer to have the wee man for 5 games a season rather than punt him and have him for none. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2010, 01:37 PM

Im happy for us to look at player targets from anywhere, even the moon, if it means they will improve our squad.

Nah... no way... they would b*ggar off the first time they played in a decent atmosphere.

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2010, 01:41 PM

I stick by my point that Zemmama is the most technically gifted and most exciting player at ER (just now anyway) and would still prefer to have the wee man for 5 games a season rather than punt him and have him for none. :greengrin

I agree zemamma if fit, would be one of the 1st names on the team sheet. I disagree though about just having him for 5 games a season. We need our top earners to be mainstays in the side, they need to be playing most weeks.