PDA

View Full Version : It's Roy Hodgson for Liverpool

heretoday
01-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Hodgson has been appointed. A lot of Reds fans are unhappy.

bighairyfaeleith
01-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Always thought he was a decent manager with a good pedigree

CallumLaidlaw
01-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Who the hell did they think they were gona get?
They have no champions league football, are apparently giving the manager a transfer budget of between £5m-£12m, and are probably gonna lose 1/2 of their better players this summer!

Far too many liverpool fans living 20 years in the past!

I'll add that I think Hodgson is a very good manager. Seems to get the best from his players, and has great experience around Europe.

SlickShoes
01-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Liverpool fans are never happy. They get on my nerves like Celtc fans, Hodgson is no sucker and took Fulham to the UEFA Cup Final, the point he took over fulham they were barely even staying in the premiership.

seanraff07
01-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Good appointment for Liverpool i'd say.

Stevie Reid
01-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Very impressive CV: -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1276830/Roy-Rover-Fulham-boss-Hodgsons-incredible-journey-Sweden-Middle-East-Milan-Fulham.html

Scouse Hibee
01-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Liverpool fans are never happy. They get on my nerves like Celtc fans, Hodgson is no sucker and took Fulham to the UEFA Cup Final, the point he took over fulham they were barely even staying in the premiership.

Liverpool fans are unhappy at a lot of things and so we should be, not least the fact that we are no longer competing with the top clubs and look as though we are in free fall. I'm not unhappy because I think we have a god given right to be amongst the top clubs far from it, we have to be able to compete and have been found wanting to say the least for several seasons now. For what it's worth I'm quite happy with the appointment of Hodgson but of course like at any club there will be plenty who are not, this happpens everywhere even at Hibs!

Ritchie
01-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Liverpool fans are unhappy at a lot of things and so we should be, not least the fact that we are no longer competing with the top clubs and look as though we are in free fall. I'm not unhappy because I think we have a god given right to be amongst the top clubs far from it, we have to be able to compete and have been found wanting to say the least for several seasons now. For what it's worth I'm quite happy with the appointment of Hodgson but of course like at any club there will be plenty who are not, this happpens everywhere even at Hibs!

i think hodgson is the perfect choice for liverpool.

i rate him highly.... :agree:

bighairyfaeleith
01-07-2010, 09:56 AM

No we always agree with each other FACT:agree:

LancsHibs
01-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Yes, a good appointment, now out of the running for the England job!

Hibs On Tour
01-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Hodgson's mental in my book. Treated well at Fulham and now revered by the fans there for last season's exploits. Traded that to get a club in terminal decline [by their standards] with no big pot of money to fix things and a support who will demand instant results? Fair enough, maybe thought he'd taken Fulham as far as he could [and would probably be right if so] but this is asking the impossible to turn around without the club being bought and him getting a sizeable war-chest to rebuild the team with.

LancashireHibby
01-07-2010, 10:42 AM
He'd have probably had a bigger transfer budget if he had stayed at Fulham - he must be mental to want to go in to the cross-fire at Liverpool. They're no bigger than Spurs, Villa or Citeh and the delusions of grandeur from the fans certainly won't help him along his way.

Beggars belief that some are unhappy with his appointment, but there again I guess that just sums up the fact that they're living in the past and still think they're one of the big boys.

Gatecrasher
01-07-2010, 11:35 AM
No we always agree with each other FACT:agree:

no we dont :devil:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-07-2010, 12:38 PM
He'd have probably had a bigger transfer budget if he had stayed at Fulham - he must be mental to want to go in to the cross-fire at Liverpool. They're no bigger than Spurs, Villa or Citeh and the delusions of grandeur from the fans certainly won't help him along his way.

Beggars belief that some are unhappy with his appointment, but there again I guess that just sums up the fact that they're living in the past and still think they're one of the big boys.

Im no fan of the 'pool but they are definitely bigger than Spurs, Villa and City. They might not be richer at the moment, and ill give you Spurs are very much a club on the up, but they are definitely a bigger club IMO

Broken Gnome
01-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Im no fan of the 'pool but they are definitely bigger than Spurs, Villa and City. They might not be richer at the moment, and ill give you Spurs are very much a club on the up, but they are definitely a bigger club IMO

That may be, but he's taking it a LITTLE bit too far here...

Roy Hodgson has been named Liverpool's new manager after signing a three-year contract with the Anfield club.

Hodgson will oversee the club's first day of pre-season training on Thursday before being unveiled to the media.

"This is the biggest job in club football and I'm honoured to be taking on Britain's most successful football club," Hodgson told the club's website.

The 62-year-old joins from Fulham, where he took charge in December 2007 and guided to the Europa Cup final.

Scouse Hibee
01-07-2010, 12:58 PM

:agree: I suppose it all comes down to how you define the bigger club as a lot of people look at it differently:

Historical Success v Present/Recent Success
Squad
Bank Balance/Debt
Fanbase
The media telling you who the big 4 are!!!

LancashireHibby
01-07-2010, 01:56 PM
:agree: I suppose it all comes down to how you define the bigger club as a lot of people look at it differently:

Historical Success v Present/Recent Success
Squad
Bank Balance/Debt
Fanbase
The media telling you who the big 4 are!!!

To me, Citeh and Villa probably match Liverpool in all of the categories these days, with United, Chelsea & Arsenal miles ahead (the only question mark being Chelsea's support, which has always seemed to be built on sand to me).

Scouse Hibee
01-07-2010, 02:28 PM
To me, Citeh and Villa probably match Liverpool in all of the categories these days, with United, Chelsea & Arsenal miles ahead (the only question mark being Chelsea's support, which has always seemed to be built on sand to me).

City are only being talked about because they now have the financial clout to compete for the big signings, whether they manage to do a Chelski is another matter and personally I don't think they will with their present manager.

Villa don't even come into the equasion forme!

Time will tell I suppose! :agree:

HibbyAndy
01-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Hodgson is an oustanding coup for Liverpool IMO :agree:

Just a pity Liverpool will get roasted by Arsenal in his 1st game in charge.

The Mook
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes, a good appointment, now out of the running for the England job!

He wouldve done a good job with England IMO.

I like the man, hes proper Old School in a good way - seems to get the best out of his players while taking no shat :agree:

H18sry
01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Expect Gerrard to be away before the transfer window closes, a big :worms: to be revealed soon :cool2:

houston1875
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Who the hell did they think they were gona get?
They have no champions league football, are apparently giving the manager a transfer budget of between £5m-£12m, and are probably gonna lose 1/2 of their better players this summer!

Far too many liverpool fans living 20 years in the past!

I'll add that I think Hodgson is a very good manager. Seems to get the best from his players, and has great experience around Europe.

Eh??? Who else is their out there??

Great appointment!!!

Looking forward to watching pool play good football again!!

Rumours of toulalan being brought in and hangeland be nice?

Cmon Roy!! The man knows his stuf!! Man management skills are tip top and he knows the game so well,plus talks well bout the game!

YNWA

heretoday
01-07-2010, 08:13 PM
As a Toffee fancier I have to say I'm alarmed that Liverpool have actually made a sensible decision! With any luck his Blackburn flop will be repeated when he spent millions on some awful players. Of course this time he won't have the big money, unless they sell Torres or Gerrard so he'll probably thrive on a smaller budget.

He's a national treasure.

SvenNeil
01-07-2010, 11:15 PM
UnhappY?! Did better in Europe last season than Benitez did with a fraction of the budget!! Even if it was "only" the European cup still impressive :agree:

truehibernian
02-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Depending on his transfer budget, from a Hibs point of view this could mean bad news (good news re fee maybe) re big Sol. Hodgson had him watched a few times last season and Fulham were at Tannadice to see him help keep the first clean sheet in an age.

_hucks_
02-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Dunno who thinks they're unhappy at the appointment - all my Liverpool supporting mates think its a great move - as well as the only cabby I've spoken to about it!

Scouse Hibee
02-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Expect Gerrard to be away before the transfer window closes, a big :worms: to be revealed soon :cool2:

Ah! The latest scandalous rumour about Stevie G that has been circulated. Yet another attempt by the mischief makers :faf: