PDA

View Full Version : NHC Goncalves signs for............................

Jim44
01-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Rangers. Medical later today. I thought this guy was demanding sky high wages. How can Rangers afford him?

sambajustice
01-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Rangers. Medical later today. I thought this guy was demanding sky high wages. How can Rangers afford him?

Hmmm, must mean Bougherra is definitely away then! Cant say i'd be overly happy at replacing Bougherra with Goncalves if I was a Hun.

Good news all round then i'd say!

johnrebus
01-07-2010, 08:15 AM

These Jambos are just a feeder club to the Old Firm.

Shocking.

:rolleyes:

Leithenhibby
01-07-2010, 08:15 AM

He's a good player, would have him at ER anytime..:wink:

But, if this is true then the Yams will not be happy bunny's..:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
01-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Great signing for the huns :thumbsup:

He's half decent at best, nothing on bougherra, and still demands a high wage:hnet:

MrSmith
01-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Given their current financial predicament - how come they are allowed to sign players on high wages?

Is this not illegal under new UEFA regs??

I'm confused.....

seanraff07
01-07-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm sure Hearts won't be too fussed about him going to their best pals.:agree:

Woody1985
01-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Great signing for the huns :thumbsup:

He's half decent at best, nothing on bougherra, and still demands a high wage:hnet:

I agree he's nothing on Bougherra but he's still a decent player and will become better with better players around him.

He made it to the last 30 of the portugal squad IIRC for the squad prior to the world cup or the last squad for the qualifiers so their manager must rate him as one of the top 10 CHs their country has available. I don't know if that's saying much based on Querioz's record though!

poolman
01-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Wonder what Blueisthecolour's take on this news :stirrer:

bighairyfaeleith
01-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Wonder what Blueisthecolour's take on this news :stirrer:

aye strange he never started this thread:greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
01-07-2010, 10:05 AM
With Weir, Webster, Wilson, Bougherra, Goncalves, Papac and Broadfoot all capable of playing CB, theyve got a fair bit of depth. Fully expect them to cash in on both Bougherra and Wilson.

sambajustice
01-07-2010, 10:14 AM
With Weir, Webster, Wilson, Bougherra, Goncalves, Papac and Broadfoot all capable of playing CB, theyve got a fair bit of depth. Fully expect them to cash in on both Bougherra and Wilson.

Two words wrong with your post...

"Broadfoot" & "capable" :greengrin

Green forever
01-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Two words wrong with your post...

"Broadfoot" & "capable" :greengrin

I would have taken him at ER, decent without being great at CB or full back.

The Harp
01-07-2010, 11:10 AM
As the old saying goes ... 'It's no loss what a friend gets.' Wi' that in mind, the Gorgie mob shouldn't feel bad at their big cousins landing Goncalves - keeps it in the family.:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
01-07-2010, 11:17 AM
These Jambos are just a feeder club to the Old Firm.

Shocking.

:rolleyes:

Where's their ambition?

lyonhibs
01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Is this actually confirmed?

If so, yet another player that's taken the Yams for a high-cost ride and refused to sign a new contract, then suffered from "Vlad Flu"

Best of all. he's now just pished all over them by nipping along the M8 :top marks

Jim44
01-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Is this actually confirmed?

If so, yet another player that's taken the Yams for a high-cost ride and refused to sign a new contract, then suffered from "Vlad Flu"

Best of all. he's now just pished all over them by nipping along the M8 :top marks

As the OP, I have to say that I overheard it in passing on the radio sports news in a store. I've no idea which station. It said " Jose Goncalves will sign for Glasgow Rangers later today, pending a medical."

Jim44
01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
As the OP, I have to say that I overheard it in passing on the radio sports news in a store. I've no idea which station. It said " Jose Goncalves will sign for Glasgow Rangers later today, pending a medical."

.....adding sheepishly, that I can't see any reference to it on any of the 'major' websites. Sorry if I've started yet another pointles rumour :greengrin

steviecarnie
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't know if that's saying much based on Querioz's record though!

18 clean sheets in 20 international suggests he knows a good defender.

HibbyAndy
01-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Cracking signing for the Huns.

Ex Jambo or not, Goncalves is a tremendous player.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Goncalves never looked good and i was gutted hearts let him go as he was a jobby player on sky high wages eatin more into their tremendous debt

hibee4life1983
01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Pish! The guys first season he was decent, nothing more,wouldnt go as far as tremendous, hes just an average defender and i really dont know why people rate him so highly, imo, Murray is a better left bk and Murphy was even better.

Is it jus becoz he gave the fingers to vlad and hertz that so many people rate him?

HibeeMcGinn1
01-07-2010, 03:39 PM
hes nothing special. get wee ivan running at him next season hel get sent off. ugly hearts ****

Stevie Reid
01-07-2010, 03:44 PM
hes nothing special. get wee ivan running at him next season hel get sent off. ugly hearts ****

Unfortunately he always had Ivan in his back pocket whenever he went up against him.

JG is a quality player though, no doubt.

lucky
01-07-2010, 03:49 PM
He is a very decent center half. Who will get better playing long side Weir. But where does Webster play then. It appear again the old firm will sign any half decent player to stop.them playing against them

hibee4life1983
01-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Again, pish

Woody1985
01-07-2010, 03:53 PM
18 clean sheets in 20 international suggests he knows a good defender.

Pretty good then!

I thought that they struggled through the qualifying though or were they just not scoring much and had a lot of 0-0's?

hibee4life1983
01-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Alot of 0-0's.
He is nothing special, whats all the fuss? De Graaf will destroy him.

Aldo
01-07-2010, 05:39 PM
We should maybe put in a cheeky wee bid for Webster and see where it goes.

Think he is an excellent player. Would also P the Yams off no end. :greengrin

Number69
02-07-2010, 07:46 AM
anyone remember Konte knocking him out cold at "That" SC semi?:greengrin

Woody1985
02-07-2010, 07:54 AM
anyone remember Konte knocking him out cold at "That" SC semi?:greengrin

Yeah, it was right in front of me.

I must admit, some of the shouts from our end were certainly not fitting for a 'family club'. I don't really give a **** what's said at the football but some of the things shouted that day were out of order. I should add that it was no one before me before anyone asks why I never confronted them!

Phil MaGlass
02-07-2010, 08:48 AM
hertz just seem to suck the skills out of a player, seems most players leaving hertz go on to better things, Nade works at corstorphine McDonalds, Mikey the ginger earns thousands playing for Genēlerbirliği. Kingston is a bum who shows homeless how not to kick a ball and still plays better and earns better than he did at hertz.Goncalves to the buns.
Mibbe Driver will also leave for nowt in the future, would be another funny.

Speedway
02-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Alot of 0-0's.
He is nothing special, whats all the fuss? De Graaf will destroy him.

Really? How often have you seen de Graaf play for Hibs?