PDA

View Full Version : NHC Just A Tad, Too Serious!

Leithenhibby
30-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Thought that this move from Nigeria was a tad tight after the poor showing at the world cup..:bitchy:

This has got to be a first ...http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8777118.stm

hibsboy90
30-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Heard John fashanu on SSN earlier talking about this. Apparantly he is on a panel of advisors to the president that reccomended this action. The panel also included JayJay Okocha.

Ghana did it once as well apparantly, and their progress to the 1/4 finals 'proves' it worked, the problem is also years old.

On questioning the harsh nature on the fans, it's fine since the national league, and internationals between the team and local sides will keep them going.

Surely this is all against FIFAs rules on governmental influence on the game.

Leithenhibby
01-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Heard John fashanu on SSN earlier talking about this. Apparantly he is on a panel of advisors to the president that reccomended this action. The panel also included JayJay Okocha.

Ghana did it once as well apparantly, and their progress to the 1/4 finals 'proves' it worked, the problem is also years old.

On questioning the harsh nature on the fans, it's fine since the national league, and internationals between the team and local sides will keep them going.

Surely this is all against FIFAs rules on governmental influence on the game.

They did , but I'm not so sure that is the reason for the q/f place. Ghana have won against Serbia & USA by one goal, So not going to go any further IMHO..:wink:

I was listening to the radio this morning and picked up something against FIFA rules (not paying full attention). Do they (fifa) forbid any political interference?

heretoday
01-07-2010, 08:20 AM
This is a case of a politician at the old game of trying to be populist.

I'm reading about Nigeria at the moment and I would suggest that the form of the football team is very low on the list of problems that the country faces.