PDA

View Full Version : Friendly tickets

woody47
29-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Has anyone heard when the tickets for friendlies will be going on sale?
Is Dunfie game going to be ticket as I can see quite a crowd heading through.
Also where is everyone going for the Carlisle game? Terracing sounds good to me :thumbsup:

HH81
30-06-2010, 05:32 AM
think i heard blackpool was to be all ticket but the others will be pay on the day i would guess. Think if you want a ticket for carlisle game then you rate 2 quid.

Hermit Crab
30-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Blackpool is supposed to be all ticket but nothing is on either teams website yet. Carlisle you can pre purchase tickets (date TBC) and save 2 bucks rather than buying on the day. Plenty time before these games though.

LancashireHibby
30-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Also where is everyone going for the Carlisle game? Terracing sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Don't think they open the terrace unless there's a few thousand away fans (and, despite the best intentions, I think the Euro games will limit our following somewhat).

Hibernia Na Eir
30-06-2010, 01:19 PM
The away fans get part of the new stand at carlisle (on warwick road) and are seperated from home fans by sheeting. Looks around 6-800 in there for away supporters. if we bring over 1000 they will open the petteril end (standin behind goals) which will be fun and games

Phil MaGlass
30-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I have just been in touch with ADO Den Haag and they (at the moment) say that they expect tickets will be on sale at the ticket office outside the stadium for the Hibs game, unless we bring more than a couple of hundred then that may change.

Although they said you wont need ID to get a ticket, it is compulsory to carry ID in Holland.

Gala Foxes
30-06-2010, 04:16 PM
covered terracing at Carlisle is for Home fans - the away terracing behind the other goal (uncovered) hasnt been used for years - only used for draping flags

Was there with Leicester 18 months ago - Hibs will probably get half of "new" stand as is the norm

Sir David Gray
30-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Based on our last couple of pay at the gate trips to East End Park, it would be absolutely stupid if Dunfermline didn't make the game all-ticket.

There will be a huge Hibs support at the game next Saturday and it will surely cause problems for the police and stewards. In fact, i'm shocked that the police haven't insisted that the game be all-ticket.

Barney McGrew
30-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Based on our last couple of pay at the gate trips to East End Park, it would be absolutely stupid if Dunfermline didn't make the game all-ticket.

There will be a huge Hibs support at the game next Saturday and it will surely cause problems for the police and stewards. In fact, i'm shocked that the police haven't insisted that the game be all-ticket.

They don't need to make it all ticket, they just need to have more turnstyles open, and open the bit along the side of the pitch too.

Making it all ticket would end up stopping some people going

LancashireHibby
30-06-2010, 07:39 PM
No need to make it all-ticket, but nothing to stop Dunf sending some tickets to ER to sell in advance which will reduce the queues massively because the turnstile operator doesn't have to mess about with change etc.

Twa Cairpets
30-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I have just been in touch with ADO Den Haag and they (at the moment) say that they expect tickets will be on sale at the ticket office outside the stadium for the Hibs game, unless we bring more than a couple of hundred then that may change.

Although they said you wont need ID to get a ticket, it is compulsory to carry ID in Holland.

Looks like I'm likely to be in the Netherlands the day of the NEC Nijmegen game and will go if I can get there on time. Do you reckon that will be a similar situation? Ive emailed them but havent heard back yet.

Sir David Gray
30-06-2010, 07:53 PM
They don't need to make it all ticket, they just need to have more turnstyles open, and open the bit along the side of the pitch too.

Making it all ticket would end up stopping some people going

I wouldn't bank on them doing that, based on previous experiences.

I can see there being approx. 4-5,000 Hibs fans going to that game so, whatever they do, I just hope they are prepared for that happening this time.

DH1875
30-06-2010, 08:45 PM
covered terracing at Carlisle is for Home fans - the away terracing behind the other goal (uncovered) hasnt been used for years - only used for draping flags

Was there with Leicester 18 months ago - Hibs will probably get half of "new" stand as is the norm

So how come you can buy a ticket for the terracing, £7. £9 on the day.

seanraff07
30-06-2010, 08:59 PM
The queus at Dunfermline last summer were unbelievable so they will either need to open up more turnstiles or make it all ticket.

Removed
30-06-2010, 09:06 PM
The queus at Dunfermline last summer were unbelievable so they will either need to open up more turnstiles or make it all ticket.

Make it all ticket and folk turn up at 10 to 3, you'll probably still get the same problems.

They have to open more turnstiles, let fans go into the enclosure round the back if they want and stop the nonsense of making kids go through seperate turnstiles to adults.

LancashireHibby
30-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Make it all ticket and folk turn up at 10 to 3, you'll probably still get the same problems.

They have to open more turnstiles, let fans go into the enclosure round the back if they want and stop the nonsense of making kids go through seperate turnstiles to adults.

Thing is, the queues move much quicker when people are handing tickets over the turnstiles rather than paying cash. There again, the moral of the story is to arrive that bit earlier and avoid the queues.

Twa Cairpets
30-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Looks like I'm likely to be in the Netherlands the day of the NEC Nijmegen game and will go if I can get there on time. Do you reckon that will be a similar situation? Ive emailed them but havent heard back yet.

Sorry for the poor etiquette of replying to my own quote but thought this may be of use to anyone thinking of going to the NEC Nijmegen game. on asking by email if it would be possible to get tickets at that ground, they sent me the following:

...that should be no problem we play the match in Herpen (near Oss). Just go to that town and ask for the soccer club Herpinia. Everyone is welcome.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-07-2010, 09:39 AM

sorry your wrong. Leicester must have had a smaller support.

Ive been to a few games fown there and the likes of Leeds got to stand behind the goal in the Petteril End :agree: The staduim has around a 16,000 capacity so they will open up if we take big support. Ive seen other Prem clubs too at Brunton Park and all get to stand behind goal. Newcastle also played there last pre-season and had massive support behind goal. They also played 'Boro and same thing applied.

smaller clubs with small support do get to drape flags in this end, but if we take over 1000 then we'll be in there :wink:

Joe Baker II
01-07-2010, 02:46 PM

This is an absurdly reactionary and unimagiantive approach. Would it not be more sensible if these clubs organsied themselves properly through having a contingency in place if numbers exceed estimates, rather than make games fatuously all-ticket and inconvenience all supporters. All ticket games should be a definite no-no in almost all cases.

And why will a "huge" Hibs support (for a pre-season friendly at Dunfermline would be interested in how you define huge btw!) surely cause problems? If police/stewards have issues that is not our concern, it is up to them to sort out.

Iggy Pope
01-07-2010, 06:49 PM
This is an absurdly reactionary and unimagiantive approach. Would it not be more sensible if these clubs organsied themselves properly through having a contingency in place if numbers exceed estimates, rather than make games fatuously all-ticket and inconvenience all supporters. All ticket games should be a definite no-no in almost all cases.

And why will a "huge" Hibs support (for a pre-season friendly at Dunfermline would be interested in how you define huge btw!) surely cause problems? If police/stewards have issues that is not our concern, it is up to them to sort out.

You evidently were not at last season's friendly and if you had been you might not have been so 'absurdly reactionary' with your response.
Not a police / stewards issue but very much a staffing issue by the Pars in failing to have sufficient seats available to a very big Hibs support. Something that the Police and Stewards were quick to recognise.
If not all-ticket, then they should have a contingency (Two stands available) in place for what will be a sizeable away support.....and it doesn't just happen in Friendlies at East End - it happens on most occasions we go there.
And not getting in is very much 'our concern'.

Sir David Gray
01-07-2010, 06:59 PM

First bit in bold, Dunfermline's estimate for the number of Hibs fans that are expected to turn up at this game should be at least 4,000 in my opinion. We always have a great support at East End Park, even at last year's match which was also a pre-season friendly, and I see no reason why our support should be any lower this time around.

I believe the stand behind the goal holds around 3,000 and I am as sure as I can be that we will completely fill that stand. I don't know how many seats there are in the section that we get in the stand to the right of the main Hibs stand but if it's any less than, say, 1,500 then I think there has to be some sort of ticketing policy in place for the game, rather than just having a total free-for-all.

Second bit in bold, I think there will be between 4-5,000 Hibs fans at East End Park a week on Saturday. I would personally define that as a huge travelling support. I didn't say it was our concern (although I'm sure you'll be more than a little bit concerned if you turn up at the ground and find that you struggle to get in) and of course it's up to the police and stewards to sort it out. Obviously the game won't be all-ticket, as it's just over a week away, so hopefully Dunfermline and the police have liaised and thought out a suitable plan that will mean there is no repeat of the disasters that have happened on previous trips to East End Park.

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2010, 07:02 PM
First bit in bold, Dunfermline's estimate for the number of Hibs fans that are expected to turn up at this game should be at least 4,000 in my opinion. We always have a great support at East End Park, even at last year's match which was also a pre-season friendly, and I see no reason why our support should be any lower this time around.

I believe the stand behind the goal holds around 3,000 and I am as sure as I can be that we will completely fill that stand. I don't know how many seats there are in the section that we get in the stand to the right of the main Hibs stand but if it's any less than, say, 1,500 then I think there has to be some sort of ticketing policy in place for the game, rather than just having a total free-for-all.

Second bit in bold, I think there will be between 4-5,000 Hibs fans at East End Park a week on Saturday. I would personally define that as a huge travelling support. I didn't say it was our concern (although I'm sure you'll be more than a little bit concerned if you turn up at the ground and find that you struggle to get in) and of course it's up to the police and stewards to sort it out. Obviously the game won't be all-ticket, as it's just over a week away, so hopefully Dunfermline and the police have liaised and thought out a suitable plan that will mean there is no repeat of the disasters that have happened on previous trips to East End Park.

How many were there last year?

I am thinking that T in the Park is on.... holidays etc...

Sir David Gray
01-07-2010, 07:16 PM
How many were there last year?

I am thinking that T in the Park is on.... holidays etc...

Based on the fact that the stand behind the goal holds about 3,000 and we had a lot of fans in the stand to the right and I'm sure we also had fans in the stand to the left as well (although I might be making that last bit up), I would say there were at least 4,000 Hibs fans there last year.

I don't see any reason for the numbers being any less this year.

I don't think T in the Park or holidays will affect numbers any more than they did last year.

Barney McGrew
01-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Based on the fact that the stand behind the goal holds about 3,000 and we had a lot of fans in the stand to the right and I'm sure we also had fans in the stand to the left as well (although I might be making that last bit up), I would say there were at least 4,000 Hibs fans there last year.

I don't think T in the Park or holidays will affect numbers any more than they did last year.

The Away stand holds 3073.

Although it was pretty full last year, there were still a couple of hundred or so single seats not filled, and there were nowhere near 1000 of us in the stands at the side of the pitch. Take all that into account, and there were not 4000 of us there.

LancashireHibby
02-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Although it was pretty full last year, there were still a couple of hundred or so single seats not filled

Presumably it was unreserved seating and therefore 15% of the seats (though it can be stretched to 10% if necessary) have to be remain empty , so that would explain the empty seats in a 'full' stand.

Joe Baker II
02-07-2010, 12:40 PM

Dunfermline's capacity is 12,509 so I think that says it all regarding why a game where the crowd being projected is less than half of that, should not even be considerred for being made all ticket, at least clubs seem to have got this right!

Given the numbers above, I am at a loss to see why people should not get in (many more would be inconvenienced by having to get tickets in advance) if clubs are capable of organising sensibly, that is where pressure should be being applied by fans, not knee jerk all-ticket demands that deter fans from going.

Joe Baker II
12-07-2010, 08:57 AM

Falkirk Hibee, sorry to take the piss but do you seriously still think Saturday's game should even have been considered for an all ticket game, there were only 10,000 extra seats available if needed to cope with an unexpectedly "huge" crowd!

Sergey
12-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Update regarding the Blackpool match.

Hibs haven't any indication as to the allocation. I spoke with Blackpool FC, and owing to the introduction of a new ticketing system, no tickets for any of their home matches can (or will) be issued before July 27th.

Given the short lead time to the match, the guy at their ticket office said that this match may be a pay-at-the-gate affair.

MSK
12-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Update regarding the Blackpool match.

Hibs haven't any indication as to the allocation. I spoke with Blackpool FC, and owing to the introduction of a new ticketing system, no tickets for any of their home matches can (or will) be issued before July 27th.

Given the short lead time to the match, the guy at their ticket office said that this match may be a pay-at-the-gate affair.:pray:

LancashireHibby
12-07-2010, 03:05 PM
It would actually be possible to still make it all-ticket for away fans and for Hibs to issue tickets on Blackpool's behalf, but that depends on the attitude of the police and how savvy BFC are.