PDA

View Full Version : NHC Spain v Portugal

lapsedhibee
29-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Eusebio's in the crowd. He was great for Portugal in 1966, but they didn't win the tournament on that occasion.

Hilarious watching Ronaldo getting fouled but no free kick awarded. What goes around etc.

seanraff07
29-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Eusebio's in the crowd. He was great for Portugal in 1966, but they didn't win the tournament on that occasion.

Hilarious watching Ronaldo getting fouled but no free kick awarded. What goes around etc.

Think the ref may have just ruined his brilliant performnace with that red card.

Aldo
29-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Portugal were woeful. Didnt realise Ronaldo was playing until the last ten minutes. Very boring unadventurous team.

Spain did all the pressing and for me deserved the win. O and how good was Ramos (RB) tonight. Excellent in defence and even better going foward.

Biggie
29-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Think the ref may have just ruined his brilliant performnace with that red card.

The ba's burst...I'm sick of watching players drop to the ground with minimal contact...it's farcical....all the teams are at it

sh00byd00
29-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Undoubtedly one of the best footballing teams in recent years, but spoilt by a few cheating *******s.

Unless they can prove beyond doubt the Spanish player got hit by an elbow, he should be banned for the next 2 games.

MWHIBBIES
29-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Portugal were woeful. Didnt realise Ronaldo was playing until the last ten minutes. Very boring unadventurous team.

Spain did all the pressing and for me deserved the win. O and how good was Ramos (RB) tonight. Excellent in defence and even better going foward.Normaly i think ramos is crap but tonight was quite impresive.:agree:

Dunbar Hibee
29-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Ramos is quality, certainly was tonight.

Jonnyboy
29-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Spain are indeed fantastic to watch and deserved their win BUT I sometimes wish they'd stop trying to walk the ball into the net and just have a good old fashioned blooter at it :greengrin

seanraff07
29-06-2010, 09:52 PM
The ba's burst...I'm sick of watching players drop to the ground with minimal contact...it's farcical....all the teams are at it

Ken, no one's going to compete with how bad Keita's was though, now that was a disgrace.

MWHIBBIES
29-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Ramos is quality, certainly was tonight.Never realy rated him.

Gets caught out of position to often and cant defend.

sh00byd00
29-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Never realy rated him.

Gets caught out of position to often and cant defend.

would still have him at Hibs though. :wink:

seanraff07
30-06-2010, 10:42 AM
would still have him at Hibs though. :wink:

Nah, not Hibs class.:wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Even though Ronaldo was clearly fouled three or four times, I thought that the referee handled him superbly. What better stage than the World Cup, for your reputation to catch up with you. If the referee looked him falling over, either acting or fouled, he may well have been thinking Ronaldo's past actitivities ruled out giving him the benefit of the doubt. Ronaldo and Rooneyaldo have had the same World Cup. Despite the hype and the fancy step-overs, take them out of the comfort zone of club football and what are you left with?

lapsedhibee
30-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Even though Ronaldo was clearly fouled three or four times, I thought that the referee handled him superbly. What better stage than the World Cup, for your reputation to catch up with you. If the referee looked him falling over, either acting or fouled, he may well have been thinking Ronaldo's past actitivities ruled out giving him the benefit of the doubt. Ronaldo and Rooneyaldo have had the same World Cup. Despite the hype and the fancy step-overs, take them out of the comfort zone of club football and what are you left with?

Still think Rooney's a good player. Possibly just needs to be at a bigger team than Engerlund. Was he one of the WC stars that Hearts were interested in for the PBS next season? :dunno:

heretoday
30-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Ronaldo is starting to look a bit lightweight and ineffectual. Having said that I imagine he'd get his game for Hibs every week.

Loan deal perhaps?

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Ronaldo is starting to look a bit lightweight and ineffectual. Having said that I imagine he'd get his game for Hibs every week.

Loan deal perhaps?

Nah, no for me.

He's just Filipe Morais with hair gel.:rolleyes: