PDA

View Full Version : Mint strip

Liam89
29-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Mint strip, do you like it? Aye or naw.

I personally really like it and bought the full kit yesterday and have had mostly good reviews on it but some other .netters said it was rank.

I'd like to know the general opinion on it.

seanraff07
29-06-2010, 06:02 PM
I thought it looked pretty good when i first saw it on the website, a bit different which i like. And when i bought it i thought it looked really decent.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Not so keen
Was in with my boy lastweek first time. 4 him he wasn't keen and having seen it up close neither was I perhaps it was the shop lighting and would be better in daylight but I wasn't swayed
Wasn't so keen on the material either

The Harp
29-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Having seen a number of kids wearing the mint strip I thought it looked pretty good ... then I saw an overweight guy wi the top on and I almost changed my mind.:bitchy: Apart from this one exception, I quite like it.

KWJ
29-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Having seen a number of kids wearing the mint strip I thought it looked pretty good ... then I saw an overweight guy wi the top on and I almost changed my mind.:bitchy: Apart from this one exception, I quite like it.

How overweight.... ;)

Just Jimmy
29-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Absolutely disgusting. Its got nothing to do with Hibs. Its horrible.

BoltonHibee
29-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Worst Hibs strip in the memory of man, boggin'

IWasThere2016
29-06-2010, 06:31 PM
NO! Mint is mink :agree:

The new home is absolute class IMHO tho :thumbsup:

Saorsa
29-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Having seen a number of kids wearing the mint strip I thought it looked pretty good ... then I saw an overweight guy wi the top on and I almost changed my mind.:bitchy: Apart from this one exception, I quite like it.couldnae have been me :greengrin I've no worn it yet :faf:

Mint isnae really for me and I probably winnae wear it (well maybe just once :greengrin ) but I bought it anyway as I collect Hibs tops.

Got the hame top too and it's braw :thumbsup:

Sumner
29-06-2010, 06:36 PM
if I was the strip buying type I would buy
the home one, that one is swish !

hibs0666
29-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Love it! I never buy fitba strips but have bought the long-sleeved version. :thumbsup:

The Harp
29-06-2010, 09:54 PM
How overweight.... ;)

Let's just say the material was being put to the test - looked like it was being stretched to the limit. I'm coming over all politically incorrect here. :rolleyes: Probably just being jealous since I feel too auld tae wear Hibs tops these days except for my 70's retro top. :wink:

Lofarl
29-06-2010, 10:20 PM
I love the mint strip. I wear it often as I can.

Liam89
29-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Its strange how the views vary from "Its an absolute disgrace" to "Aye, i love it"

FWIW, i love it :greengrin

Removed
29-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Let's just say the material was being put to the test - looked like it was being stretched to the limit.

Where were you - Edinburgh or Durham? :greengrin

There was another thread about the strip when it first came out. Still not changed my mind. Minging. Even worse than that yellow monstrosity from 2 years ago :bitchy:

Liam89
29-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Where were you - Edinburgh or Durham? :greengrin

There was another thread about the strip when it first came out. Still not changed my mind. Minging. Even worse than that yellow monstrosity from 2 years ago :bitchy:

You see, i liked the yellow one too! :greengrin

Removed
29-06-2010, 11:11 PM
You see, i liked the yellow one too! :greengrin

Strange boy :greengrin

My kids liked, and had, the yellow one, but don't like the mint one which does surprise me actually.

basehibby
30-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm not keen on it although I've seen worse. The colour's a bit weak if you ask me - I remember Alex Ferguson banning Man U's grey strip because he thought the colour wasn't striking enough and this one is similar IMO - probably look decent with a pair of jeans but might not stand out very well in the corner of your eye during a franticaly paced SPL match.

I've really liked some of the other away kits in recent years - the black and the white ones were tops - and the yellow one with the green shorts was cracking (not the horrible luminescent thing though - bleugh :bitchy:)

Hibbyradge
30-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Love it. :agree:

ruthven_raiders
30-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Not so keen
Was in with my boy lastweek first time. 4 him he wasn't keen and having seen it up close neither was I perhaps it was the shop lighting and would be better in daylight but I wasn't swayed
Wasn't so keen on the material either

got the full kit for my 5 year old son and he loves it, maybe helped by getting the barca away kit as well which is the dohgs bollocks:thumbsup: dark shorts which look fantastic with mint top, a bit darker mint though, one of the best away strips barca have ever produced, so we are in good company!

Albanian Hibs
30-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I just got it sent over for my birthday from my dad. Having only seen it beforehand on the web I thought it would have been smart. Having now seen it in real life I am not too impressed. The material isn't very good. I don't like the round collar that much either. I will still wear it though :greengrin