PDA

View Full Version : New scoreboard screen in one of the corners

KiddA
28-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Heard today that we are filling out the corners of the new east stand. Also heard we will be getting a scoreboard screen in one of the corners. My friend said that this will also be movable so sunlight can get on the pitch.

Not sure how this will work

Hope this is true :thumbsup: anyone else heard this.

Kidd A

.Sean.
28-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Heard today that we are filling out the corners of the new east stand. Also heard we will be getting a scoreboard screen in one of the corners. My friend said that this will also be movable so sunlight can get on the pitch.

Not sure how this will work

Hope this is true :thumbsup: anyone else heard this.

Kidd A
I doubt that very, very much... Pretty expensive i've heard.

However if they are looking for a massive portable tele, i'm sure there's an auld Grundig set on a moveable stand with wheels in my Grannies shed. Rodders can have it for a score and a chicken balti pie.

Underdose
28-06-2010, 08:19 PM

However if they are looking for a massive portable tele, i'm sure there's an auld Grundig set on a moveable stand with wheels in my Grannies shed. Rodders can have it for a score and a chicken balti pie.

I suspect it will be a scoreboard like we currently have on the south stand and not TV screen like they had at Highbury etc.

.Sean.
28-06-2010, 08:25 PM
I suspect it will be a scoreboard like we currently have on the south stand and not TV screen like they had at Highbury etc.
Got a picture of this??

LancashireHibby
28-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Got a picture of this??

It was basically a huge screen in one corner of the ground, although I can't actually remember if it showed replays or not - I only seem to recall it displaying the score & line ups?

steviecarnie
28-06-2010, 10:07 PM
It was basically a huge screen in one corner of the ground, although I can't actually remember if it showed replays or not - I only seem to recall it displaying the score & line ups?

during the game at highbury they werent allowed to show pictures as its too close to the pitch and can be confusing. in the premiership as a whole ur not allowed to show the game in real time on the screens, as was pointed out in the mexico game

LancashireHibby
28-06-2010, 10:17 PM
during the game at highbury they werent allowed to show pictures as its too close to the pitch and can be confusing. in the premiership as a whole ur not allowed to show the game in real time on the screens, as was pointed out in the mexico game

You can show a certain number of highlights during the game but they have to be deemed 'non controversial' - I know Bolton got in trouble as early as 1997 for showing a replay of a sending off, but I think they do still show goals and/or goalscoring chances both during the game and at half-time.

Diclonius
28-06-2010, 10:37 PM

That shouldn't be a problem here. Last time I was at Celtic Park (0-2 game, end of 07-08 season) they showed the game on their screen. Helped a fair bit as you can see **** all from the wee corner they give us. :grr:

.Sean.
28-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Ibrox and Celtic Park show games live though?

Dibben
28-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Maybe its just replays they can't show???

bighairyfaeleith
29-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Maybe its just replays they can't show???

more likely that the cheating ***** just don't want to show replays:wink:

.Sean.
29-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Again, Ibrox has always showed replays of a goal for as long as i've been going.

WellingtonHibby
29-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Dont Bolton show replays as they happen up in the corner...i think they do..

Ritchie
29-06-2010, 08:01 AM

the big screen at highbury was ace.

just had the two team line ups and showed who had scored/been booked or sent off/subbed.

would love something like that at ER :agree:

Mikey
29-06-2010, 08:07 AM
There's no danger the club will be wasting money on a full size scoreboard in a corner.

The only way this would happen is if a sponsor is paying for it.

seanraff07
29-06-2010, 08:17 AM
If they can show highlights on the screens inside the stands at half-time then i'm happy with that.:agree:

.Sean.
29-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Like Mikey said, it's expensive to install and run and for that I don't see it happening. Were would it sit anyway, aren't we putting cladding between the East and the stands behind the goals?

cwilliamson85
29-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Surely RP will go for a cricket style board as it will be cheaper than the TV option.

offshorehibby
29-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Like Mikey said, it's expensive to install and run and for that I don't see it happening. Were would it sit anyway, aren't we putting cladding between the East and the stands behind the goals?

I was down having a we look yesterday and stood at both ends of the new east. Looking at it i would have thought there would be some sort of cross member/bar between the east and goal stands for the cladding to fix to. I can't see anything in place 'yet'.

All concrete seems to be in place and teams of guys were doing a bit of finishing off i.e. smoothing off, patching.
There is still no sign of roof or side cladding yet.

Phil MaGlass
29-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Surely RP will go for a cricket style board as it will be cheaper than the TV option.
Like we used to have when I was first going to ER, bring back the old
A 1-0
B 0-1
C 1-1
D 1-0
E 0-3
black and white scoreboard back.

Ritchie
29-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Got a picture of this??

left corner

Ritchie
29-06-2010, 10:46 AM
better pic here...

^^^ click to enlarge

Green forever
29-06-2010, 10:49 AM
A 1-0
B 0-1
C 1-1
D 1-0
E 0-3

Ah the good old days :wink: and this would force up the sale of programmes to find out which games were A,B, C etc. A money spinner, Rod would be proud.

--------
29-06-2010, 11:44 AM
A 1-0
B 0-1
C 1-1
D 1-0
E 0-3

Ah the good old days :wink: and this would force up the sale of programmes to find out which games were A,B, C etc. A money spinner, Rod would be proud.

And all you need is a few scaffolding poles, some square bits of tin, and a couple of tins of paint. And a wee transistor radio for the guy putting up the numbers. :agree:

scoopyboy
29-06-2010, 11:57 AM
A 1-0
B 0-1
C 1-1
D 1-0
E 0-3

Thing is Phil we could build one in almost exactly the same place, between south and east.

When I first went to Easter Road in the sixties with my dad I loved the half time scoreboard and checking the scores against my program. In them days you didn't know the scores from other games.

Fond memories.

soda70
29-06-2010, 01:21 PM
You can show a certain number of highlights during the game but they have to be deemed 'non controversial' - I know Bolton got in trouble as early as 1997 for showing a replay of a sending off, but I think they do still show goals and/or goalscoring chances both during the game and at half-time.

Blackburn show highlights at half time - half chances and goals only though :thumbsup:

GLORY GLORY

LancashireHibby
29-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Blackburn show highlights at half time - half chances and goals only though :thumbsup:

GLORY GLORY

What do they do for the other 14 minutes and 30 seconds? :wink:

Virginia Hibs
29-06-2010, 05:01 PM

Aye but was that no exactly what we did in the 80's when the new scoreboard was put up over the Cowshed? First game at ER, brand new technology (feast yir eyes on that baby, Yam fuds!), half-time comes up and the scoreboard shows match A) 1:0 B) 0:0 etc much to the annoyance of the Hibs fans and cue a chorus of boos!!

Can't remember if Tom Hart was still in charge at that time or no?

.Sean.
29-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Anybody any pictures of these od scoreboards??

Bobo
29-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Anybody any pictures of these od scoreboards??

Here's a couple with it in the background, not brilliant pictures but they'll give you an idea.

6414 6415

Aldo
29-06-2010, 08:33 PM
IIRC we did have an electronic Scoreboard the season 84-85 when we got the the LC final.
We beat Smellic at ER and Pierce O'Leary blottered one of the penalties off it and out of the park.

First team to play in Europe, first team to have floodlights, first team to have sponsor on shirt, first team to have undersoil heating and first team to have electronic scoreboard. Dont remember it working that well though.

TBH I would rather we spent the money on the team than on a telly.

.Sean.
29-06-2010, 08:36 PM
What year did they chop the massive terracing? It looks much smaller in they pictures. I assume they chopped it again after that, as it still looks larger than the East I know.

Ray_
29-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Here's a couple with it in the background, not brilliant pictures but they'll give you an idea.

6414 6415

Great photo's, is that Billy McEwan & Crops in the first one? I

tamig
29-06-2010, 09:35 PM
What year did they chop the massive terracing? It looks much smaller in they pictures. I assume they chopped it again after that, as it still looks larger than the East I know.

It was 85 when the big terracing got the snip.

The pics showing the old half-time scoreboard were at the corner of the east terrace and Dunbar end. The terracing rose up just to the left of the pic so you can't see it's full height. The terracing was definitely at it's maximum size when these pics were taken though.

.Sean.
29-06-2010, 09:43 PM
It was 85 when the big terracing got the snip.

The pics showing the old half-time scoreboard were at the corner of the east terrace and Dunbar end. The terracing rose up just to the left of the pic so you can't see it's full height. The terracing was definitely at it's maximum size when these pics were taken though.
See the massive terracing, just how much bigger than the east I know was it?

Removed
29-06-2010, 09:48 PM

It was massive Sean, seriously you could not imagine it was ever there. You not seen any old videos of it?

I'd say it was higher than the current stands. But there again I was only a laddie :greengrin

Peevemor
29-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Flippin' humungous!

GreenCastle
29-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Flippin' humungous!

That second photo is one of my favorites ever :thumbsup::agree:

Peevemor
29-06-2010, 10:09 PM
That second photo is one of my favorites ever :thumbsup::agree:

I've also got this,

but this is one of my favourites

edit: I think the person who took the second photo might post on here - I hope they don't mind. :greengrin

The Harp
29-06-2010, 10:35 PM
And all you need is a few scaffolding poles, some square bits of tin, and a couple of tins of paint. And a wee transistor radio for the guy putting up the numbers. :agree:

I remember years ago talking to the guy who put the half time scores up. I got talking to him in the Belmonte at Piershill and reminded him of his habit of putting a fictious score up for the Hertz and then changing it to the right one.:grr: Sometimes his laddie was on hand to help him.
We had a really good chat about the old days - I can remember thinking at the time that he was quite a character. Think he enjoyed his time at ER until he became a victim of the technological age ... that's if you regard the electronic score board that replaced, and that never worked, as 'technological'!!! :wink:
I'm sure he could be coaxed out of retirement, if he's still around that is. :greengrin

Tony1962
29-06-2010, 10:44 PM

Just got this exclusive picture of new tv/scoreboard from hibs

http://bs.cyty.com/menschen/e-etzold/archiv/TV/grundig/img/t1110color_1.jpg
:tee hee: