PDA

View Full Version : Question Kos Prices

EH6 Hibby
28-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Has anyone been to Kos recently or any other part of Greece? I'm going next week, and I wanted an idea of what to expect price wise, I know Greece is not doing too well financially and I wondered if this was affecting prices.

I found a website that gave you the average price of a pint of beer, and it said Kos was £5. I'm seriously hoping this is wrong, the rest of Greece seems to be between £2 and £3 which sounds about the what it was last year when I was in Crete, but £5 seems a bit much.

http://www.pintprice.com/region.php?/Greece/GBP.htm

Gus
28-06-2010, 05:17 PM
I have been to quite a few of the Greek islands & sorry to say Kos was by far the most expensive one

I was in Kardamena & it was pricey. We have been in a recession in the last 12 months & sadly we haven't seen a reduction in the price of a pint:boo hoo:

The birds were good though......there was a scottish bar along the strip

ahhh good times

have a good one

EH6 Hibby
28-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I have been to quite a few of the Greek islands & sorry to say Kos was by far the most expensive one

I was in Kardamena & it was pricey. We have been in a recession in the last 12 months & sadly we haven't seen a reduction in the price of a pint:boo hoo:

The birds were good though......there was a scottish bar along the strip

ahhh good times

have a good one

Nightmare!

I've spoken to a few people that have been and I'd never heard it was expensive, I always thought that Crete was the most expensive of all the islands.

£5 a pint though? :boo hoo: What sort of price was a meal then?

HH81
28-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Nightmare!

I've spoken to a few people that have been and I'd never heard it was expensive, I always thought that Crete was the most expensive of all the islands.

£5 a pint though? :boo hoo: What sort of price was a meal then?

I was there a few years ago and it was quite cheap..... Look out for the take away called tasty corner its class :greengrin

Times will have changed though and guess it will be dear, not convinced it will be so much though I think it used to be 5 euro for 2 with free shot when i was there. Have fun though.

Gus
28-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Aye I remember it being about 5 euro's a pint with some sort of shot for going in the bar, stay away from imported stuff - stella/bud/magners

When I was in Crete it was like buy one vodka and coke & get 3 free

Stick to local drinks and you will be fine mate, mythos or lowenbrau were the beers and i'm sure they were about 3.50

I was all inclusive so dont know about food

HH81
28-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Aye I remember it being about 5 euro's a pint with some sort of shot for going in the bar, stay away from imported stuff - stella/bud/magners

When I was in Crete it was like buy one vodka and coke & get 3 free

Stick to local drinks and you will be fine mate, mythos or lowenbrau were the beers and i'm sure they were about 3.50

I was all inclusive so dont know about food

:bitchy:awful tasting stuff. Amstel was imported and tasted better and was same price :agree:

EH6 Hibby
28-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the replies, think it's going to be 2 weeks of watching the pennies by the sound of it, we've got £1400 to take for 3 of us, hope it lasts.

The effin Euro has got a lot to answer for imo. :boo hoo:

Steve-O
01-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Has anyone been to Kos recently or any other part of Greece? I'm going next week, and I wanted an idea of what to expect price wise, I know Greece is not doing too well financially and I wondered if this was affecting prices.

I found a website that gave you the average price of a pint of beer, and it said Kos was £5. I'm seriously hoping this is wrong, the rest of Greece seems to be between £2 and £3 which sounds about the what it was last year when I was in Crete, but £5 seems a bit much.

http://www.pintprice.com/region.php?/Greece/GBP.htm

I just looked at that site for New Zealand and it's WELL out.

It says that the average lager is 2 quid over here, even though at current exchange rates it's more like 3-4 quid depending on where you are.

So, don't trust that site too much!

EH6 Hibby
01-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I just looked at that site for New Zealand and it's WELL out.

It says that the average lager is 2 quid over here, even though at current exchange rates it's more like 3-4 quid depending on where you are.

So, don't trust that site too much!

So it could be £6-7 then? :shocked:

:greengrin