PDA

View Full Version : For Those Travelling to Holland

Future17
28-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Not seen this mentioned anywhere else - fixture change for pre-season tour of Holland:
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_announce_fixture_change_for_preseason_tour_of _holland_533899/index.shtml

Phil MaGlass
29-06-2010, 10:45 AM
For those interested in taking the wives, well worth the money, great rooms and facilities.

http://www.sanadome.nl/

Big_Franck
29-06-2010, 03:24 PM
I've been to Nijmegen before, and it's a nice wee town. For anyone travelling to the game Breda and Den Bosch which are only 20-30 mins away on the train, are also worth a visit. We'll be playing a good standard of side over there as well so it should be good prep for the new season.

hibee4life1983
30-06-2010, 01:15 AM
If i was going, it would be the dam for me, then i wouldnt leave and would miss the games for sure. The pancakes are sweeeet over ther!

Phil MaGlass
30-06-2010, 08:42 AM
I have just been in touch with ADO Den Haag and they (at the moment) say that they expect tickets will be on sale at the ticket office outside the stadium for the Hibs game, unless we bring more than a couple of hundred then that may change.

Although they said you wont need ID to get a ticket, it is compulsory to carry ID in Holland.

Jonnyboy
30-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I've been trying to plan a trip over for the Nijmegen and Den Haag games but although I can get flights relatively cheaply (Edinbugh to Dusseldorf by Ryanair and Amsterdam to Edinburgh by Easyjet) I'm finding the cost of accommodation to be prohibitive :boo hoo:

Anyone got hotel info for Nijmegen and Den Haag where the cost wont cripple me? :greengrin

PS - huge thanks to Phil MaGlass who pointed me in the right direction re flights etc :thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
01-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Ibis, Den Haag City Centre, is 59 euro per room per night (2 sharing)

Iggy Pope
01-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Anyone else up for Arnhem?

HibbyAndy
01-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Anyone else up for Arnhem?

For a scrap :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I think Arnhem will be a bridge too far for me this year!

HibbyAndy
01-07-2010, 07:58 PM

Ave no telt ye ma tips for the morn yet mate :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Get yer money back :greengrin

:hilarious

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Europa League for me. Just paid for Prague for the Scotland game too!

Phil MaGlass
02-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Theres also a few guys coming from Amsterdam for the game and I would think the boys from Groningen will be up for it aswell. Could be a good wee crowd for Arnhem
Arnhem a beer too far.

I forgot to add you can also fly from London to Rotterdam The Hague airport for roughly 90 quid
theres 6-8 flights per day, I only found out today

Zondervan
02-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Theres also a few guys coming from Amsterdam for the game and I would think the boys from Groningen will be up for it aswell. Could be a good wee crowd for Arnhem

The Groningen fans I know have said around 10 of them will be along for the Arnhem game.

Also 12 of us are travelling over from here, so hopefully should be a decent number of Hibs fans there (considering Europa League game is the following week).

For anyone still interested, there is a thread on The Bounce with travel/hotel info:

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?97842-Arnhem-vs-Hibernian-24th-July-(Information-Thread)

Phil MaGlass
13-07-2010, 12:02 PM
For interested parties going to The Hague game, if you head for the centre when arriving there is a square called the Grote Markt, its full of bars, shops and snackbars/restaurants, it is directly next to the underground tram stop(Grote Markt) which will take you to (Forepark) ADO stadium,(10 min walk).The trams you need are every 10 mins, trams 3 or 4 and it takes 9 mins .
tickets for the game will be on sale at the ticket office outside the stadium.ID is required. Still no word on KO.

houston1875
13-07-2010, 12:44 PM

Now that's funny!

hawkhill harp
13-07-2010, 02:37 PM
For interested parties going to The Hague game, if you head for the centre when arriving there is a square called the Grote Markt, its full of bars, shops and snackbars/restaurants, it is directly next to the underground tram stop(Grote Markt) which will take you to (Forepark) ADO stadium,(10 min walk).The trams you need are every 10 mins, trams 3 or 4 and it takes 9 mins .
tickets for the game will be on sale at the ticket office outside the stadium.ID is required. Still no word on KO.
Thanks for the info mate,we're staying in the ibis city centre,is that anywhere near the Grote Markt?

Phil MaGlass
13-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Its about 200 odd metres from the hotel, also about 50 metres fro the Fiddler pub.
The hotel is brilliantly situated . You can get a good view of the Ibis and the Grote Markt on google maps.

Stenny
13-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Arnhem a beer too far.

I forgot to add you can also fly from London to Rotterdam The Hague airport for roughly 90 quid
theres 6-8 flights per day, I only found out today

A few on there way from Maastricht aswell. Should be a fun day. Its been a while since I seen them live :thumbsup: