PDA

View Full Version : Official Hibs Facebook page?

Aaron
28-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Do we have one? There are a few set up but I don't think they are 'official'??

If we don't I think it would be a good idea to get news and information across without having to check the official site daily.

Hibernian Verse
28-06-2010, 12:51 PM
I presume they have full time guys on the website so I don't see why not.

Hibs On Tour
28-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Do we have one? There are a few set up but I don't think they are 'official'??

If we don't I think it would be a good idea to get news and information across without having to check the official site daily.

Is it really that hard to check the official site? :confused:

Even though I work in IT I'm now getting a wee bit sick of this 'instant gratification' society is turning into - like we can't accept anything that doesn't appear in our hand the moment its happened. RSS feeds, Twitter'ing the moment you leave the house and the moment you reach your destination, Facebook'ing the same stuff. Pretty soon, all we'll be doing is Tweeting, FBing etc updates constantly and we won't have any time to actually 'DO' anything... :greengrin

Woody1985
28-06-2010, 01:06 PM
There's no official one.

I had a look to see if there were any decent Hibs facebook sites last night but there weren't any that I could see. If anyone has one I'd like to 'like' it. :greengrin

Although I agree with the guy above, facebook etc does my nut in but I go on it now and again. All of my mates I want to see and talk to I see and talk to them in the old fashioned way (I'm 24!), I either go and see them or phone them for a few minutes.

The next girlfriend I get will be punted immediately if she is addicted to texting or social network sites.

Scooter
28-06-2010, 01:08 PM
there is no official Hibs facebook/bebo/twitter sites and i cant see one happening soon

Aaron
28-06-2010, 01:08 PM

No, but it would be very handy to have and I think it would be a good way of Hibs getting information to more people when it matters.

bob12345
28-06-2010, 01:19 PM
We have a good information source (official site/htv) and good communication medium (hibs.net). Why facebook is popular for clubs is because it brings the two together nicely and also gives a place for those bits of content which are useful but not quite worthy of an official site news story. We did it for our PDL club in the states and it was brilliant for bringing fans together.

Hibs On Tour
28-06-2010, 01:29 PM
No, but it would be very handy to have and I think it would be a good way of Hibs getting information to more people when it matters.

That's the bit I mean however. Does it REALLY matter if its instant or not? Does it REALLY make a big difference if you hear it the second it happens or if you find out later on? Would finding out about the signing of the Dutch lad 30 mins earlier really have made any difference?

HH81
28-06-2010, 01:38 PM

Even though I work in IT I'm now getting a wee bit sick of this 'instant gratification' society is turning into - like we can't accept anything that doesn't appear in our hand the moment its happened. RSS feeds, Twitter'ing the moment you leave the house and the moment you reach your destination, Facebook'ing the same stuff. Pretty soon, all we'll be doing is Tweeting, FBing etc updates constantly and we won't have any time to actually 'DO' anything... :greengrin

Good post, totally agree. :agree:

Ed De Gramo
28-06-2010, 08:42 PM
There's a Hibernian FC group on Facebook......its a spanking good read :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Everton apparently need 2folks full-time just to look after this
Given this and the potential liability factor i think proving the business case to rodders is shall we say a tad tricky I think the jury is out on social media will work in some cases not in others

Removed
28-06-2010, 08:53 PM

That's the bit I mean however. Does it REALLY matter if its instant or not? Does it REALLY make a big difference if you hear it the second it happens or if you find out later on? Would finding out about the signing of the Dutch lad 30 mins earlier really have made any difference?

Aaron, I can put you in touch with a guy who has his hand on the ER pulse and he will text you all the latest news and roomers :wink: at any time day or night . In fact you could contact him yourself, see Gramo's post :greengrin

Greentinted
28-06-2010, 09:18 PM

Hear hear sir. (And no, the irony of responding in concurrance to this on a message board is not altogether lost on me) :greengrin

xxclairexx
28-06-2010, 09:35 PM
I think it's a good idea!!:agree:

http://apps.facebook.com/hibernianfans/ <----That's no to bad not been on it for a while though, It's an apt that stays on you're profile and lets everyone know your a hibee has a few quizzes and waves and other daft wee things on it :dunno:

Antifa Hibs
28-06-2010, 10:08 PM
As one who uses facebuke once every 29.3 days I don't really see a Hibs one as a big deal. Can't imagine Hibs being to keen on an official one either, will take a hell of alot of moderating with the amount of dafties on these social networking sites.