PDA

View Full Version : What they said before they got knocked out?

sunshine1875
27-06-2010, 06:23 PM
“I’m really happy the confidence of the fans is so high. Because of the results we had in qualification, the expectations are really big. This team is OK to reach the final.” Fabio Cappello 11th June

Steven Gerrard last night claimed Wayne Rooney can make the World Cup his own. England's stand-in captain even insisted Rooney can emulate Pele from 1970 and Diego Maradona in 1986 and steal the show.

"I've said for a long time that we can win the World Cup," Harry Rednapp

"I hope this could be the summer when I can put myself ahead of Ronaldo and Messi and show what I'm capable of doing. Because if that happens then England have to win the World Cup - so I'll be happy on both fronts. Seriously, I think we have the squad to do well, to win it." Wayne Rooney

"Everyone's playing freely and with confidence under the new manager and, if we can get to South Africa, every big team there will have a good chance and we'll be no different. If we play the way we have been, we can't rule out England winning the World Cup." John Terry

"I think we can win it (the World Cup) and that's what we're going there to do," Ashley Cole

I am sure there are more from Lineker etc. Feel free to add any otheres you can recall.

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-06-2010, 06:28 PM
I look at that German team and can't think of any that would get into the English team - various arrogant tossers.

Onceinawhile
27-06-2010, 07:01 PM
The Sun:

England
Algeria
Slovenia
Yanks

England's best group since the beatles!

blairwallace
27-06-2010, 07:27 PM
the one that get me is "germany are an average team" so with the result concluded, where does this put england?

adele123uk
27-06-2010, 07:37 PM
the one that get me is "germany are an average team" so with the result concluded, where does this put england?

Here here

LancashireHibby
27-06-2010, 08:03 PM
The Sun:

England
Algeria
Slovenia
Yanks

England's best group since the beatles!

Let's be honest, it was...and they still cocked it up!