PDA

View Full Version : Glen Johnson

seanraff07
27-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Does anyone else agree that he's rank?

Thought he's been really poor during the Group Stages but today he got found out, another poor piece of business by Benitez paying £20m for him. I could name many more players in the England team who were awful but he was the pick of the bunch for me.

PISTOL1875
27-06-2010, 05:32 PM

Thought he's been really poor during the Group Stages but today he got found out, another poor piece of business by Benitez paying £20m for him. I could name many more players in the England team who were awful but he was the pick of the bunch for me.

Average player.. FACT............

Part/Time Supporter
27-06-2010, 05:39 PM
That comic otherwise known as The Sun was comparing him equally to Phillip Lahm the other day

:hilarious

The Silver Fox
27-06-2010, 05:40 PM
£20m, tooo much money......FACT.

If he played in Scotland, best right back by miles......FACT.

Part/Time Supporter
27-06-2010, 05:40 PM
£20m, tooo much money......FACT.

If he played in Scotland, best right back by miles......FACT.

Steven Whittaker > Glen Johnson

Hell, at least Whittaker scores some goals.

seanraff07
27-06-2010, 05:43 PM
David Van Zanten > Glen Johnson

Hell, both are ***** and neither score goals.

Edited that for you.:wink:

bob12345
27-06-2010, 06:31 PM
He's was a different class before his injury to be fair. As with so many England players, very good at premiership pace, found out for technique at this tournament.

marinello59
27-06-2010, 06:35 PM
He's was a different class before his injury to be fair. As with so many England players, very good at premiership pace, found out for technique at this tournament.

At one point one of the commentators called on England to up the game to Premiership pace to see how the Germans would handle that. With nonchalant disdain I would suggest.

hibee4life1983
27-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Yup, hes pants. My english mate swears by him though, dont know why!

rainman
28-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Although I loathe them, John Terry and Ashley Cole used to be quality players.

What has happened to them?

bob12345
28-06-2010, 08:38 AM
And with regards to the fee? Any internal English transfer automatically should have the fee halved then assessed.

GloryGlory
28-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Although I loathe them, John Terry and Ashley Cole used to be quality players.

What has happened to them?

IMO, made to look better than they are by the foreigners in the Chelsea team. Can't hack it when put together with the other English journeymen.

EPL - most overpaid league in the world.

scott_hfc1875
28-06-2010, 08:54 AM
cant believe that johnson is paid 100k a week

Ryan91
28-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Johnson's much like the rest of the English team, looks good at club level due to being surrounded by other players better than him making up for the fact that he's just an average player. I doubt he's on as much as £100k per week but I can guarantee you it's more than £20k per week, which even then is a ridiculous amount of money for wages.

stubru59
28-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Along with the rest, he's over hyped, over-paid and over-rated.

Danderhall Hibs
28-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Johnson's much like the rest of the English team, looks good at club level due to being surrounded by other players better than him making up for the fact that he's just an average player. I doubt he's on as much as £100k per week but I can guarantee you it's more than £20k per week, which even then is a ridiculous amount of money for wages.

Who are these foreigners that are making him look good at Liverpool?

bingo70
28-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Who are these foreigners that are making him look good at Liverpool?

Kyriakos :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
28-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Kyriakos :agree:

scott_hfc1875
28-06-2010, 09:48 AM

hes on over 100k a week liverpool paid it to stop chelseas interest

Phil MaGlass
28-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Green soup, fact

bingo70
28-06-2010, 09:52 AM

:greengrin

glen johnson is actually no a bad player IMO, however he's just no as good as the hype, in the build up to the game yesterday the sun did a preview where they compared the players and they said he was as good as or even better than Lahm, IMO johnson is lucky to be allowed on the same pitch as him

Woody1985
28-06-2010, 10:18 AM
IMO, made to look better than they are by the foreigners in the Chelsea team. Can't hack it when put together with the other English journeymen.

EPL - most overpaid league in the world.

I believe that the English players are good when playing the EPL. I think that the typical English style complements the foreign styles well which gives the teams a good mix. However, when they're all stuck together they're too similar and don't seem to have that change of pace or a great bit of skill which all teams need.

Ashley Cole was cracking for Chelsea last season and Lampard has been consistently good for a number of years and scoring at the highest level in the CL. I'd like to have seen Cole move to a foreign league (Real Madrid) a few years back and he would have improved a lot. As for Johnson, he reminds me a bit of Abidal. Great pace that gets them out of sticky situations but they can sometimes look clumsy.

jdships
28-06-2010, 10:44 AM

Agree totally !
Even at club level he is often beaten for pace by a no more than average winger and this failing was really shown up against Germany.
As a life long 'Pool supporter I couldn't believe it when Benietz shelled out a reported £20m :rolleyes:.
Not really convinced re his temperment either

Very few England players got more the 4/10 yesterday i'm afraid

heretoday
28-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Johnson is not a full-back. At home he is good going forward in the right midfield and he has an eye for goal. Out in S Africa he was out of his depth.

basehibby
28-06-2010, 11:05 AM
hes on over 100k a week liverpool paid it to stop chelseas interest

Laughable! Johnson aint all that bad but these sort of wages are a bad joke.

Also showed up as particularly over-rated was Terry - totally AWOL at 2 of Gremany's goals, the self appointed leader of men showed he's a real leader in schoolboy defending more than anything else :bitchy: :bye:

LancashireHibby
28-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I think the warning signs were all there when Johnson was getting owned by Belhadj all night against Algeria.

I might despise the ugly little sod, but England badly need a Gary Neville.