PDA

View Full Version : The post mortem re:Engurland

Kevvy1875
27-06-2010, 04:07 PM
It will run for days and days. Been looking forward to this for months ever since the 'hype' began.:agree:

Who will be your favourite depressive Engurlishman over the next few days?

Personally I will go for Mark 'suicide watch' Lawrenson.

iwasthere1972
27-06-2010, 04:11 PM
It will run for days and days. Been looking forward to this for months ever since the 'hype' began.:agree:

Yep.

The new frontman of SuperKing Kleenex.

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Kevin 'we'll beat the USA 4-1' Keegan. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
27-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Look forward to the finger being pointed at the likes of Arsenal for fielding so many good foreign players, thereby holding our own boys back. :faf:

sh00byd00
27-06-2010, 04:41 PM
i can safely say, it couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people.

all we'll hear now is "if only England had beaten Germany, we could've exposed Argentina's (or any other team they may have faced) defensive frailties" whilst completely ignoring their own shortcomings.

Had that been the Argies we'd have been talking double figures here.

MSK
27-06-2010, 04:42 PM
It will run for years and years. Been looking forward to this for months ever since the 'hype' began.:agree:

Personally I will go for Mark 'suicide watch' Lawrenson.Correction..they wont let it go ..we have had 66 rammed in our ears ..the hand of Maradona...this will go on & on & on & on & on & on ...:agree:

sh00byd00
27-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Correction..they wont let it go ..we have had 66 rammed in our ears ..the hand of Maradona...this will go on & on & on & on & on & on ...:agree:

Not a truer statement spoken! :top marks

Phil D. Rolls
27-06-2010, 04:45 PM
This football team is dead, it has ceased to be, it is an ex sporting institution.

http://affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/imagespython-dead-parrot-small.jpg

dangermouse
28-06-2010, 08:37 AM
This football team is dead, it has ceased to be, it is an ex sporting institution.

http://affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/imagespython-dead-parrot-small.jpg

Beautiful plumage!

Love the Green
28-06-2010, 08:52 AM
The ginger plonker who chairs drive time on Talk Sport..supports Peterboriugh and slags Arsenal daily..he is so up his arse..actually said ANY engurland player would walk into any other team in the world..cant wait for going home time tonite....Him and Darren Gough a ****in cricketer talking their team up all last week..
Carlesberg dont do super Sunday's but if the did??

"keep the faith"
:wink:

sambajustice
28-06-2010, 09:03 AM

Ray Winstone

Iain G
28-06-2010, 10:35 AM
It's at times like this that you miss Ian Wright... :greengrin

francobaresi
28-06-2010, 11:05 AM
As the great Rudyard Kipling should have written - ....IF ONLY....

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Was gonna rewrire it but couldnae be bothered but you get the picture :wink:

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2010, 11:42 AM
The passion and feeling of belonging that encapsulates you on a Saturday afternoon can be bore from one sport and one sport alone.

Where am I when I am not there, what shall I do if I can not see it, how will I listen if it can’t be heard.

The answer is in a game……..The beautiful game

aljo7-0
28-06-2010, 11:59 AM

I think you are right about him being the worst. Which is really funny given that the International team he played for was Republic of Ireland.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-06-2010, 03:10 PM
What about Garth Crooks on the bee bbe see this morning?????

"Let's be absolutely clear about this, we did not go to South Africa with any real real intention of winning the World Cup":confused::confused:

"In reality, we did not expect to get to the semi-finals":confused::confused:

"Last 16 or last 8 was always going to be the best we could do":confused::confused:

He obviously disnae hae ITV on his archie kelly, cos they were handing the trophy over as soon as Gerrard scored against the You Ess of Ay.

Musselbound
28-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I have to keep reminding myself that Lawrenson once played for RoI. This miserable git comes across as the classic Little Englander.