PDA

View Full Version : NHC Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard...

Judas Iscariot
27-06-2010, 03:46 PM
John Terry, Ashley Cole etc etc..

Surely the last few weeks events puts to bed the fantasy that these guys are world class!

How bad has Chimp Heid Rooney been :faf:

At the start of the World Cup the mungo commentators were mentioning him in the same boat as Messi, Ronaldo etc...

Couldn't lace any of these guys boots :agree:

He's PĮSH :greengrin

So are England :saltireflag

Steve-O
27-06-2010, 03:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZTP8-8wIs

hibbybrian
27-06-2010, 04:17 PM

At the start of the World Cup the mungo commentators were mentioning him in the same boat as Messi, Ronaldo etc..

to be fair there's a chance of him being in the same plane as Ribery, Cisse and Evra :greengrin

whiskyhibby
27-06-2010, 04:18 PM

Surely the last few weeks events puts to bed the fantasy that these guys are world class!

At the start of the World Cup the mungo commentators were mentioning him in the same boat as Messi, Ronaldo etc...

Could not agree more :bye::bye: :saltireflag

Dashing Bob S
27-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Speed kills. Did anybody think that those England guys looked so old and slow out there? There's that tipping point in every great 'backs-to-the-wall' defenders career where they become a lumbering carthorse, that was Terrys. I suspected Gerrard was, after his poor season, holding back for the World Cup - no, he's simply over the hill. Lampard had terrible luck from set pieces where he's still a big threat, but trying to do the box to box stuff looked like a fat kid at school sports pressganged into action. The biggest dissappointment for England must have been the area where they were percieved to have pace, at the full backs. Johnson and Cole were going backwards against the young Germans. There is perhaps no sadder sight in football than throwing on Heskey at 1-4 down with 20 mins left. On that showing England will be joining us, wales and n Ireland back in the home internationals before long. They don't really belong on the stage they disgraced. A complete joke of a side and I think their much vaunted premiership will struggle to bring in top talent next year.

At least everybody wins - the English media get to use the Lamoard goal to prattle on about 66 forever, as if the excuse was needed.

LancashireHibby
27-06-2010, 04:36 PM
I must admit I was hoping Heskey would score an own goal and then it'd be back to "5-1, and even Heskey scored" :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
27-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I thought the opening post was going to be:

"Your boys took a Hell of a beating!"

The games up England, you're almost as bad as us. Face the facts (just like we won't).

H18sry
27-06-2010, 04:44 PM
:singing: In the jungle,a South African jungle, 3 lions sleep tonight, cause in the morning, the early morning, they have to catch a flight, a win away a win away a win away, all sing along now:singing:

H18sry
27-06-2010, 04:47 PM
BBC and ITV have decided not to show any highlights tonight, instead they will be showing the film OUT OF AFRICA

Andy74
27-06-2010, 04:52 PM
They still were scratching their heads as to why the Premierships best English talent did not perform.

It's not yet clicked that in the scheme of things they really just aren't very good and their domestic league is propped up by foreigners.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2010, 05:02 PM
:singing: In the jungle,a South African jungle, 3 lions sleep tonight, cause in the morning, the early morning, they have to catch a flight, a win away a win away a win away, all sing along now:singing:

That is fantastic, its the song i will be singing tonight in the stanley road club poker school. :thumbsup:

ballengeich
27-06-2010, 05:08 PM
A top team has a mixture of players who mainly use muscle or speed and players who are principally dependent on skill. The English players who are in top club sides supply the muscle part. When they are in a team wholly filled by Englishmen the lack of skill gets shown up.

Now that the diddy teams are out the World Cup starts for real.

Phil D. Rolls
27-06-2010, 05:09 PM
They still were scratching their heads as to why the Premierships best English talent did not perform.

It's not yet clicked that in the scheme of things they really just aren't very good and their domestic league is propped up by foreigners.

Not bein funny:greengrin, but they couldn't understand wot their foren coach wos sayin:bitchy:. Back to basix eng-lish is wot I say! LOL

Jim44
27-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Couldn't agree more. The commentator, in his 'criticism and confoundment' of Rooney's 'no show' said, " In August, he'll be back to his brilliant best, knocking them in for Manure." There's a sort of truth there somewhere but somehow it's not about Rooney's brilliance or the quality of the EPL.

seanraff07
27-06-2010, 05:14 PM

Totally agree, especially with the Rooney bit.

May i add that Johnson is bloody awful.:greengrin

ballengeich
27-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Not bein funny:greengrin, but they couldn't understand wot their foren coach wos sayin:bitchy:. Back to basix eng-lish is wot I say! LOL

I have the same problem when Wayne Rooney is interviewed.

Part/Time Supporter
27-06-2010, 05:16 PM
England are asking FIFA to change the rules of international football, because they want to sign someone good to play up front with Rooney.

Diego Four-wan.

Hiber-nation
27-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Couldn't agree more. The commentator, in his 'criticism and confoundment' of Rooney's 'no show' said, " In August, he'll be back to his brilliant best, knocking them in for Manure." There's a sort of truth there somewhere but somehow it's not about Rooney's brilliance or the quality of the EPL.

And they're a bunch of spolit brats. They can't cope with the "boredom" of the training camp while the Argies and others say the time spent together in their training camp has been the making of them as a team. They've been built up to a ridiculous level by the english press but the minute they're out of their comfort zone they struggle.

Ah well, it was worth the wait :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
27-06-2010, 05:32 PM

With the exception of Cole and Rooney and possibly Gerrard , all those players are simply average who are made to look good by the technically gifted foreign players who play alongside them at there clubs...

The Silver Fox
27-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Rooney, Lampard and gerrard are world class, they just never played very well along with some ordinary team mates. Shame really because World Cups should have great performances from great players but it's the same story with the French and Italians.

adele123uk
27-06-2010, 05:49 PM
England were just awful full stop
Germany trounced them full stop :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
27-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Rooney, Lampard and gerrard are world class, they just never played very well along with some ordinary team mates. Shame really because World Cups should have great performances from great players but it's the same story with the French and Italians.

Are you having a laugh mate ?? Gerrard was made to look good by Xabi Alonso when he was at Liverpool.. Alonso left last season and Gerrard was brutal..

Lampard is also made to look good by others in that Chelski team.. Makelele , Ballack and Essien make him look good.. Fair enough , he scores goals but the majority of them are penalties or free-kicks... He is the English version of Barry Ferguson.. A normal player who goes missing in many games and is bailed out by the others around him...

Dashing Bob S
27-06-2010, 05:55 PM

I can't put Gerrard in that bracket after this seasons sustained mediocrity. I think Lampard is now past it, and for the second world cup running, Rooney has looked poor. No excuses, he's at his peak. I think it shows that the epl is not as good as it thinks. I'm begining to think it's a bit like calling Boyd top class because he scores goals in the spl. I think Rooney has to leave England and go to Spain or Italy or there will always be a question mark over him at the highest level.

lapsedhibee
27-06-2010, 06:04 PM
I can't put Gerrard in that bracket after this seasons sustained mediocrity. I think Lampard is now past it, and for the second world cup running, Rooney has looked poor. No excuses, he's at his peak. I think it shows that the epl is not as good as it thinks.

Disagree. Think it shows that the top four/five/six of the EPL is very good indeed. Almost the whole Engerlund team is drawn from there, and all of those players are made to look better than they are by playing in the teams they play in.

jakedance
27-06-2010, 06:09 PM
It couldn't really have gone any better. England have been embarrassed. Rooney has failed completely on the biggest stage. Every single player has been shown up. They've had injustice. Dodgy defending. A goalkeeping howler. Arguments in-house and their worst ever world cup result against none other than the Germans. It's been absolutely perfect.

SloopJB
27-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Of course they are world class players and would have gone on, not only to win the Germany game but further to actually lift the World Cup. an absolute certainty no doubt about it as it was plain to see in their previous total dominant displays, had Lampard's goal been allowed.

Goal line technology would enable the English players to pass to their own players and defend much better making the entire competition a worthless exercise as England would canter every game with goals into double figures.

Why would other countries put their players through such humiliation?

No, best left alone to give the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Mexico and all the other insignificant countries an opportunity to win games albeit through human error by the officials.

Nuitdelune
27-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Call me odd but I like Wayne Rooney, Chimp Heid or no. He's no right for some reason and the rest of them are poo. Sir Alex surely can't be wrong about him. This season he has been better without Ronaldo --so we can't say he is propped up by good foreign players. I just don't know what went wrong though overall on balance I am glad it has. England are a top 16 team and they should be happy with that.

Scorrie
27-06-2010, 08:18 PM
It couldn't really have gone any better. England have been embarrassed. Rooney has failed completely on the biggest stage. Every single player has been shown up. They've had injustice. Dodgy defending. A goalkeeping howler. Arguments in-house and their worst ever world cup result against none other than the Germans. It's been absolutely perfect.

Whilst it may be amusing (and i have some genuine England supporting mates who are gutted so fair play to them), it wont be perfect until Scotland can start competing again. I want to have a team to support at the World Cup and Euro's who can compete and play decent fitba.

Coco Bryce
27-06-2010, 08:20 PM
This is a prime example of far too many foreigners playing in the Premiership :agree:

heretoday
27-06-2010, 08:49 PM
This is a prime example of far too many foreigners playing in the Premiership :agree:

You're right. That's the problem in England and Scotland. The kids aren't getting a chance and the clubs are lazily wielding the cheque book rather than coaching their own talent.

There must be a thousand kids in the Manchester area dying to play striker for Man Utd but who has Sir Alex signed for next season? A Mexican called Hernandez.

Part/Time Supporter
27-06-2010, 09:17 PM
You're right. That's the problem in England and Scotland. The kids aren't getting a chance and the clubs are lazily wielding the cheque book rather than coaching their own talent.

There must be a thousand kids in the Manchester area dying to play striker for Man Utd but who has Sir Alex signed for next season? A Mexican called Hernandez.

He's signed a Mexican called Hernandez because he's a far better player than any British player of that type. If there was a British player of that ability (ie all things being equal) he would sign him. There isn't one.

When folk criticise top Premier League teams for not picking English players (or the OF for not playing Scots, for that matter), they're shooting the messenger really.

Inter won the treble this year with hardly an Italian in their squad. That should have given the Italians a clue as to what might happen to them.

Hibs On Tour
28-06-2010, 12:09 PM
England's problem is two-fold:

[1] not enough genuinely top-class players - take Rooney and possibly Gerrard and Lampard out of the mix and you're left with some better than average [Cole - both, Milner], some average [Terry, Barry] and some complete pish [Heskey, Johnson]

[2] for whatever reason, they don't seem to gel as a team - could be ego's, could be managers [successive ones since Bobby Robson haven't done it], could be tactics, whatever - but they play like people who've never met each other before

Terry, Johnson and Barry were dreadful against the Germans. Upson - despite his goal - got found out numerous times positionally. James - for all that he was England's best player by some distance - should have done better with the 3rd IMO. And as for Capello's bizarre decision to replace Defoe with Heskey when England needed 3 goals to tie... :confused:

I don't personally think the personnel is the main factor as its not like most of the other teams have genuinely brilliant, amazing players in each and every position. What they do have however are big players who turn up for big games and they do play as a team with the 'bigger' players helping the others do their jobs. Witness Schwienstiger [not going to worry about the spelling!] encouraging the run from Muller by holding the play up - made it easy for the young lad [who still finished great]. England were more interested in making solo runs and taking pot-shots from 35 yards than making runs, finding space and playing through the Germans.

You do think this may be a pivotal time for English football however, not the great glut of great young players coming through that there was with Scholes, Beckham, etc and Capello's unwillingness to change from tactics and personnel that clearly weren't working for them can't be viewed as positive for them if he stays on.

The bizarre thing is that despite Germany clearly being by far the better team yesterday [and, as per my previous posts I was cheering for England] that if Lampard's goal been given it remains a distinct possibility that they would have went on and won the game. For that 5-10 mins when they scored then had the goal disallowed, they were flying and the Germans were reeling. If they'd went in at 2-2 it could have been a lot different. That said, as I've noted the better team [by a long distance] on the day went through so they can't have any complaints all-in-all.

Gus
28-06-2010, 12:23 PM
England have had an appauling world cup, there is no getting away from that,fact. As have France and Italy.......

Yes Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Cole have been bl**dy awful

I accept all this, but I do not accept England are gonna be on par with Scotland, nae offence but there is only one player who would be in this awful England squad & thats Craig Gordon

Messi has hardly been brilliant for Argentina, difference is they have 10 other fantastic footballers (and more) and dont put all the hype on 1 - like England does.