PDA

View Full Version : Glastonbury 2010

Barney McGrew
27-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Anyone been catching much of the coverage so far this year?

I think usually it's a bit over hyped, but it's been a belter this time round IMO and it's getting me right in the mood for T in a few weeks

Muse pulled off a cracking set with a bit of a special guest roped in for a wee cover version - mental :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yX1avvACZM

Wembley67
27-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Anyone been catching much of the coverage so far this year?

I think usually it's a bit over hyped, but it's been a belter this time round IMO and it's getting me right in the mood for T in a few weeks

Muse pulled off a cracking set with a bit of a special guest roped in for a wee cover version - mental :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yX1avvACZM

Not a fan of Muse in the slightest that was AWESOME!!

I was watching the Pet Shop Boys instead :greengrin

ArabHibee
27-06-2010, 08:42 AM
I believe the Gorillaz set on Friday night got pretty mixed reactions.

greenlex
27-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Wembley that's exactly how I felt. Thought they were fantastic.

Betty Boop
27-06-2010, 08:56 AM
A fantastic set from the Pet Shop Boys.

Wembley67
27-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Suburbia is still the no1 track for me - chuffed to bits when they played it, neighbours would have been pissed off though :cool2:

Hiber-nation
27-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Not a fan of Muse in the slightest that was AWESOME!!

Agree, 1 or 2 of their songs are pretty awful but that was absolutely phenomenal.

Hiber-nation
27-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Agree, 1 or 2 of their songs are pretty awful but that was absolutely phenomenal.

Or was Wembley speaking about the Pet Shop Boys....if so I won't comment on that :wink:

Wembley67
27-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Or was Wembley speaking about the Pet Shop Boys....if so I won't comment on that :wink:

I thought these days it was all about being a modern man :cool2:

Hiber-nation
27-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I thought these days it was all about being a modern man :cool2:

Just hate their songs Mr Wembley, that is all :cool2:

hibsbollah
27-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I enjoyed 'The National's' set. Never heard much of them before but very impressed. Kind of hard to pigeonhole but a bit 90s indie in style.

bringbackbenny
27-06-2010, 09:37 PM
flaming lips very good on interactive at the mo

HibeeMcGinn1
27-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Dont get Muse at all but I think that cover is amense. When we'r on the subject of Glasto, I actually hate The Gorillaz, think its just pish :greengrin rant over.

Hibby70
27-06-2010, 10:14 PM
best i've seen so far were mumford and sons and groove armada, but that muse cover with the edge had the hairs on my neck standing up, better than u2.

Hanny
28-06-2010, 05:00 PM
best i've seen so far were mumford and sons and groove armada, but that muse cover with the edge had the hairs on my neck standing up, better than u2.

Tremendous set and a sensational album :agree:

Mumford & Sons - John Peel Stage

Extended highlights of their performance on the John Peel Stage. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2010/artists/mumfordandsons/#p008k8bg)

Barney McGrew
28-06-2010, 06:00 PM
best i've seen so far were mumford and sons

They sounded the business, and from those who I know that have seen them before they're very good live.

I'm thinking of going to see them at TITP instead of Eminem on the Saturday headliner slot.

distant hibby
28-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Dont get Muse at all but I think that cover is amense. When we'r on the subject of Glasto, I actually hate The Gorillaz, think its just pish :greengrin rant over.

Muse are so far ahead it takes some people a very long time to catch up:wink:

Hibby70
28-06-2010, 11:07 PM
mumford and madness are my only 2 definites for t in the park.

GlesgaeHibby
29-06-2010, 10:07 AM
mumford and madness are my only 2 definites for t in the park.

They are two of my must see bands for TITP but I can't miss: Muse, The Proclaimers, The Stranglers

seanraff07
30-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Why all the hype with Muse over the last year?

I really can't see whats in them... Kasabian are miles better IMO.:agree:

steve75
30-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Why all the hype with Muse over the last year?

I really can't see whats in them... Kasabian are miles better IMO.:agree:

Because there is not really another band like them. I'm not a massive fan, just a part timer, but I would say they are unique. Their riffs and music are matched by other bands but its the way Matt uses his voice that sets them apart, very classical in a way.

I like Kasabian too, but they are nothing special, just a modified, heavier Stone Roses(on many songs). But they do get crowds going, and are good live.

seanraff07
01-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Because there is not really another band like them. I'm not a massive fan, just a part timer, but I would say they are unique. Their riffs and music are matched by other bands but its the way Matt uses his voice that sets them apart, very classical in a way.

I like Kasabian too, but they are nothing special, just a modified, heavier Stone Roses(on many songs). But they do get crowds going, and are good live.

I just think Muse are a modern day Queen, and i know hundreds will disagree but i really didn't like them.

I think Kasabian are a lot more exciting and entertaining.

steve75
01-07-2010, 11:43 AM
I just think Muse are a modern day Queen, and i know hundreds will disagree but i really didn't like them.

I think Kasabian are a lot more exciting and entertaining.

Good point there, though I really don't like Queen either... but I like Muse, god knows.

Guess everyone likes what they like, but I do agree it was a bit of an overhype, pretty much acting like Lennon and Harrison had been brough back and Glasto were getting a wee Beatles sesh.

Either way i'll be seeing both at T, i'll return with my verdict. ;)

Pretty Boy
01-07-2010, 05:41 PM

Regarding the part in bold. I've always thought Matt belamy uses his voice in such a way which is very similar to Thom Yorke . Muse and Radiohead aren't particularly similar as bands but vocally i think the similarities are there.

Regarding those who are going mad for Mumford and Sons, seriously why? I've listened to their album on the advice of a friend and found it unbelievably boring. Totally bland and uninspiring, opinions i guess.

seanraff07
04-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Good point there, though I really don't like Queen either... but I like Muse, god knows.

Guess everyone likes what they like, but I do agree it was a bit of an overhype, pretty much acting like Lennon and Harrison had been brough back and Glasto were getting a wee Beatles sesh.

Either way i'll be seeing both at T, i'll return with my verdict. ;)

I'll be looking carefully at the TITP thread awaiting your verdict.:wink:

Like you say everyone likes what they like, i just can't see what others see in Muse.