PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2010

Spike Mandela
25-06-2010, 03:48 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::y awn:

Roll on the new SPL season:wink:

hibeemarley
25-06-2010, 03:52 PM
think it's been class. this game has been poor be neither team had anything to play for.

So big Sol' won't have even kicked a ball the the whole competition. poor show

Spike Mandela
25-06-2010, 03:57 PM
think it's been class. this game has been poor be neither team had anything to play for.

Seriously!!! The football on show has been largely dull, dull,dull. Don't know if it is the ball, the teams or the pressure to go through.

If this was the first WC you had ever seen you might think it was class but I can't remember a more boring group stage since I remeber watching in 1974.

M11BMO
25-06-2010, 04:03 PM

I have to disagree also. It took about a week for it to finally spring to life and even then I don't think there has been many matches with total excitement throughout apart from the odd one now and again. I think it's largely down to the new ball. Long range efforts have been pretty terrible and passing hasn't been as good as it really should be.

hibeemarley
25-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Well I do agree that the 1st games for each group were a bit dull but apart from those games and that game just now, I think the rest has been good. So I'll retract my statement and say "I think it's been good". Not boring though. I've really enjoyed it.

Class was maybe a touch too far

xxclairexx
25-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Two best teams in it who've met so far and the game was utter p!sh.

Disappointed with the world cup, Games have been terrible.

well maybe 1 or 2 have been decent but the rest :grr:

M11BMO
25-06-2010, 04:27 PM
If England go out on penalties to Ze Germans this Sunday then it will turn my views of this world cup being "Pretty boring" to "Totally brilliant" Here's hoping.:bye:

hibeemarley
25-06-2010, 04:30 PM
If England go out on penalties

That was one of teh two bets i put on at the start on the world cup. that engerland would go out on pens and Holland would win.

I still have the hope it happens

xxclairexx
25-06-2010, 04:31 PM
If England go out on penalties to Ze Germans this Sunday then it will turn my views of this world cup being "Pretty boring" to "Totally brilliant" Here's hoping.:bye:

Snap, tbh i just hope they dont win :thumbsup:

seanraff07
25-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Although the entertainment is gradually increasing the Brazil game was truly awful.

Neither team had any desire, especially Brazil.

Phil D. Rolls
25-06-2010, 04:43 PM
I think I'lll judge the World Cup after the knockout rounds. I get the impression a few teams have been keeping their powder dry till the big battles. I am curious to see how Holland play now that Robben is back.

The other thing is you don't get meaningless games in the knockout phase. With every game having to be played to its conclusion there will be drama aplently.

adele123uk
25-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Snap, tbh i just hope they dont win :thumbsup:

totally agree claire

Diclonius
25-06-2010, 07:46 PM

No, didn't you hear? England are going to win the World Cup. No point in getting excited, mate. :dunno:

Hainan Hibs
25-06-2010, 10:25 PM
If England got past Germany, sending their expectations into orbit, the World Cup then destined to be "coming home", just to see their hopes and dreams completely crushed by a pumping off a Maradona led Argentina, I really don't think I could handle all that pleasure:agree:

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-06-2010, 10:28 PM
For me, the World Cup starts tomorrow.