PDA

View Full Version : Video evidence this World Cup.

Jack
25-06-2010, 12:17 PM
What decisions would have gone differently?

Has it made a difference to who goes through?

I’ve missed a few games but there's been sending offs that would have been reversed i.e. the feigner would have been sent off instead of the alleged perp! Its not just Kaka that’s been cheated, me and 100s of millions around the world have been cheated out of seeing him in the next match(es).

There's been a few goals chalked off that would have stood, Italy and the USA would have had at least a couple more.

So would it have made a difference?

Would any of these instances inordinately held up the game so that a true and fair result would have been the outcome?

How can FIFA sit back and allow this dishonesty and cheating to go on? TBH I think its worse, certainly no better if you know what I mean, than betting scandals.

SlickShoes
25-06-2010, 12:43 PM
With video replay Italy would have went through, but when they went 2-0 down they should also have had pepe sent off and this probably wouldnt have been subject to a video replay.

Too many grey areas for me, Italy were not cheated, and they done there fair share of cheating on there own as usual.

The linesmen have been decent so far and some of the calls have just been too close to call. Some of the calls the TV pundits have been SURE the lino got it wrong then after 3-4 replays realise he actually got it right. Stopping the game so often for video replays would be horrific.

ChilliEater
25-06-2010, 12:57 PM
The penalty and sending off against Harry Kewell upset everyone here in Oz.. It was "harsh", to say the least - seemed to hit his chest/shoulder. While you never know exactly how games will go after that if the decision had been different, its not ridiculous to suggest Australia would have beaten Ghana with 11 men and gone through.

Sylar
25-06-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm just glad Landon scored on Wednesday afternoon, or poor officiating would have cost us 2 victories, thus putting us out.

Cropley10
25-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Football is the only remaining major sport that still refuses to help the referee make the correct decision by allowing him - and the the other officials - the benefit of video replay.

I don't think this will change until a 'major' decision goes the wrong way during a semi or even the final.

It would be ridiculous in this day of super slo-mo and instant replay and multiple camera angles that we can't use this to make the game fairer and to help the officials make the right decisions. My own view is that you start with the major tournament, the World Cup - maybe the Euros and see how it works.

I'd like to see retrospective yellow cards for blatant diving and simulation too.

BT58
25-06-2010, 03:51 PM
The penalty and sending off against Harry Kewell upset everyone here in Oz.. It was "harsh", to say the least - seemed to hit his chest/shoulder. While you never know exactly how games will go after that if the decision had been different, its not ridiculous to suggest Australia would have beaten Ghana with 11 men and gone through.

Sorry mate but if video evidence
Used you would have seen clearly that the ball hit his arm(I do agree however that the ball hit him rather than him intentionally doing it)
In the slow mo it showed his muscles. Flexing

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Kaka's sending off, ridiculous.

seanraff07
25-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Sorry mate but if video evidence
Used you would have seen clearly that the ball hit his arm(I do agree however that the ball hit him rather than him intentionally doing it)
In the slow mo it showed his muscles. Flexing

What i noticed is Kewell got sent off for it but Lahm done the exact same thing the other night against Ghana and nothing happened.

El Gubbz
25-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Kaka deserved his second yellow despite the boy making a meal of it

Removed
25-06-2010, 04:56 PM

Bollocks imo

RabMohr
26-06-2010, 10:10 AM

I have read a lot of nonsense on here but to say Kaka deserved a second yellow for putting his arm up when he spotted the player running toward him is right up there with the best. Only my opinion mind so please don't take offence :wink:

Hibbyradge
26-06-2010, 10:51 AM

Kaka didn't do anything.

The boy deliberately ran into him and then faked a sore face.

bob12345
26-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Surely a wind up re: Kaka!