PDA

View Full Version : NHC Nicklas Bendtner

.Sean.
25-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Perhaps a bit trivial, but there's a picture in the Sun of him colouring in his white ankle socks with red pen? Why on earth did he do that?

Diclonius
25-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Nicklas Bendter is the best Colin Nish in the world. :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
25-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Perhaps a bit trivial, but there's a picture in the Sun of him colouring in his white ankle socks with red pen? Why on earth did he do that?

IIRC Did Fifa not bring in a new rule that shorts and tops worn under the football kit had to be the same colour as the kit itself? it might be soemthing to do with that.....

HibeeB
25-06-2010, 11:36 AM

Somebody had stole his bit of paper :dunno:

xxclairexx
25-06-2010, 11:44 AM

Was it not white tape ? God knows why he didny just use red tape right enough :confused:

I'm wi HibeeB.......Rather logical explanation :agree:

Pretty Boy
25-06-2010, 11:51 AM

His white ankle supports didn't match his red socks so he was told to change them after the game had started. He didn't want to leave the pitch to do this so someone gave him a red marker to save time.

Another brilliant FIFA rule. I can understand under armour tops having to match the strips but bandages on socks???

PaulSmith
25-06-2010, 12:38 PM
His white ankle supports didn't match his red socks so he was told to change them after the game had started. He didn't want to leave the pitch to do this so someone gave him a red marker to save time.

Another brilliant FIFA rule. I can understand under armour tops having to match the strips but bandages on socks???

It's to make it easier for referee's to make split second decisions of who last touched the ball. If players had the same colour of socks on, or used tape or ankle socks the same colour as the opposition, then I would imagine that makes it more difficult.

seanraff07
25-06-2010, 12:46 PM
It's to make it easier for referee's to make split second decisions of who last touched the ball. If players had the same colour of socks on, or used tape or ankle socks the same colour as the opposition, then I would imagine that makes it more difficult.

Good point.

heretoday
25-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Bendtner and his fellow forwards were shown up by the Japs last night. I don't know why Arsenal rate him so highly.

LancashireHibby
25-06-2010, 01:55 PM

Agree with that. Never understood when such supports are worn outside of their socks anyway.

essexhibee
25-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Agree with that. Never understood when such supports are worn outside of their socks anyway.

Players do this to be more comfortable. Players like Zouma and Rankin do it all the time. Its not a support, its the cutting off the ankle part of the club sock. They then put on a plain white sock, like the tennis socks, and tape the club sock to the white sock. If that makes sense?

HibbyAndy
25-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I think Bendtner is a decent player.

A player that has a few rough edges that need ironed out, Still a fairly young laddie and there's naewhere better than the Emirates to learn your trade under Wenger.

A seen him drawing oan his socks tho WTF was that all about :confused:

steakbake
25-06-2010, 08:59 PM

A player that has a few rough edges that need ironed out, Still a fairly young laddie and there's naewhere better than the Emirates to learn your trade under Wenger.

Perhaps he just likes colouring in?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-06-2010, 11:05 PM

This is true, but he's a bit of a fud.

HibeeB
25-06-2010, 11:09 PM
This is true, but he's a bit of a fud.

So he could become a good fu

danhibees1875
25-06-2010, 11:39 PM
But why bother if shoes are all different colours anyway?

HibeeB
25-06-2010, 11:47 PM
But why bother if shoes are all different colours anyway?

Because socks is the most important thing in life.

danhibees1875
25-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Because socks is the most important thing in life.

Thats true, I never thought of it from that perspective. Thank you for enlightening me :)

HibeeB
26-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Thats true, I never thought of it from that perspective. Thank you for enlightening me :)

No probs :thumbsup:

But I'd have thought you'd know all about hose in Glenrothes :greengrin

(You might need to say that out loud.)

I live in Leith so........:kettle:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-06-2010, 12:33 AM
So he could become a good fu

Hard work and dedication:agree:

HibeeB
26-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Hard work and dedication:agree:

My sig on another messageboard was a quote from John Hughes shortly after he started at Hibs.

It was.........

'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard'.

If only he could have instilled that into the squad.

Pete
26-06-2010, 12:40 AM

Agree he's decent but he's nowhere near as good enough as he thinks he is.

His movement off the ball needs to improve dramatically. It's as if he just stands there waiting for things to happen...no zest or spontanious movement.

He was a disgrace for his country the way he just expected things to happen for him when he must realise that the Danish players are nowhere near the quality of those that he's used to...the onus was on him to do something and show for players.

As for Arsenal maybe it's just more time he needs....but then again maybe he's better off being farmed out once more for constant first team football. Arsenal need world class strikers not people who aren't the finished article.