PDA

View Full Version : Hampden

hibees59
25-06-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm looking for a way back from Hampden that doesn't involve going thro' Glasgae. Got a concent there on Saturday night, finishing about 11. Last time I took the car thro' for a concert it took about 3 hours to get back to Edinburgh.

SlickShoes
25-06-2010, 10:45 AM
The best way to get to it and away without going into glasgow proper:

Come off the M8 and go onto the M74 and then make your way in from the east towards hampden park well before you get to hampden and walk down then on your way out walk back to the car which will be parked facing away and drive back the way you came.

Removed
25-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Come in from South Side - from East Kilbride route. I'd avoid rutherglen on the east side of hampden - that can get brutal as well

Killiehibbie
25-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Park around Kings Park for a quicker getaway.

Ants
26-06-2010, 06:04 AM
I'm looking for a way back from Hampden that doesn't involve going thro' Glasgae. Got a concent there on Saturday night, finishing about 11. Last time I took the car thro' for a concert it took about 3 hours to get back to Edinburgh.

When Ive taken the car through, Ive parked around Fintry Drive/Curtis Avenue.
You can get get a flier for coming home, straigh along Curtis Avenue. I was at Hermiston Gait 50 minutes after the last concert, while people were still trying to get out of the car park....

Enjoy Pink.

Hiber-nation
26-06-2010, 12:01 PM
When Ive taken the car through, Ive parked around Fintry Drive/Curtis Avenue.
You can get get a flier for coming home, straigh along Curtis Avenue. I was at Hermiston Gait 50 minutes after the last concert, while people were still trying to get out of the car park....

Enjoy Pink.

Yep that's definitely the best place to park.

Best way there is to turn off the M8 at the A725, then on to the A749, A730 and B762 which takes you to Kings Park Avenue then turn right on to A728 (Aitkenhead Road). Then eventually right on to Curtis Avenue. Going home just go through Rutherglen, if you're on Curtis Avenue you'll get straight on to Rutherglen High Street as Ants says.

hibees59
26-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Yep that's definitely the best place to park.

Best way there is to turn off the M8 at the A725, then on to the A749, A730 and B762 which takes you to Kings Park Avenue then turn right on to A728 (Aitkenhead Road). Then eventually right on to Curtis Avenue. Going home just go through Rutherglen, if you're on Curtis Avenue you'll get straight on to Rutherglen High Street as Ants says.

Thanks for all the advice folk. :wink:

Hibbyradge
27-06-2010, 01:09 AM
How long did it take you to get back?

Pink was good, by the way.

hibees59
27-06-2010, 10:55 AM
How long did it take you to get back?

Pink was good, by the way.

Ants was bang on, in 50 mins I was at Hermiston Gate. Pink was fabulous, but some of the crowd were a bit "over exuberant"

Ants
02-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Ma missus was one of a few who was driven through by one her friends husband who knew it all, he had been there plently times before with Hearts....

She got home about 1.30am, even his missus lost the plot with him....

H18sry
02-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Ma missus was one of a few who was driven through by one her friends husband who knew it all, he had been there plently times before with Hearts....

She got home about 1.30am, even his missus lost the plot with him....

No like Cath :greengrin Good boozer on Curtis Ave aswell :greengrin

Ants
02-07-2010, 08:48 PM
No like Cath :greengrin

Just beat me in aswell....

H18sry
02-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Just beat me in aswell....

Where were you oot till, till that time like :wink: