PDA

View Full Version : Capello Doesn't Read Hibs.net

Phil D. Rolls
24-06-2010, 03:17 PM
See that Fabio Capello, he's a clown and no mistake. If he'd read Hibs.net he'd have known not to try something as stupid as to let his players have a beer the night before a game! As any fule no, it affects their performance and they don't play as well, and er.....

Woody1985
24-06-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm willing to bet that they had one and that some of them probably refused. On the other hand, if it was Hibs players they'd be hitting the shots and the lap dancing bars!

Phil D. Rolls
24-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm willing to bet that they had one and that some of them probably refused. On the other hand, if it was Hibs players they'd be hitting the shots and the lap dancing bars!

I'm sure that is probably the case. It's just that according to some posts on here any alcohol within 48 hours of the game can be detrimental to performance. I tend to go with Capello in that the relaxation from a sensible drink can outweigh the physical effects.

Woody1985
24-06-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm sure that is probably the case. It's just that according to some posts on here any alcohol within 48 hours of the game can be detrimental to performance. I tend to go with Capello in that the relaxation from a sensible drink can outweigh the physical effects.

When I was playing Saturday amateur I found that if I had a few pints on the Friday I felt better than I did not drinking. Probably the extra carbs or something, I don't know but I was definitely better with a few pints in me the night before or at least that's what I told the manager when stinking of drink. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
24-06-2010, 03:54 PM
When I was playing Saturday amateur I found that if I had a few pints on the Friday I felt better than I did not drinking. Probably the extra carbs or something, I don't know but I was definitely better with a few pints in me the night before or at least that's what I told the manager when stinking of drink. :greengrin

Didn't know that's where Capello started his career. Who'd have thunk it?

Pretty Boy
24-06-2010, 04:02 PM
See that Fabio Capello, he's a clown and no mistake. If he'd read Hibs.net he'd have known not to try something as stupid as to let his players have a beer the night before a game! As any fule no, it affects their performance and they don't play as well, and er.....

I think theres a bit of a difference between 1 or 2 beers the night before a game at the managers discretion and the reports of players being absolutely legless in town on a Thursday night.

Phil D. Rolls
24-06-2010, 04:13 PM
I think theres a bit of a difference between 1 or 2 beers the night before a game at the managers discretion and the reports of players being absolutely legless in town on a Thursday night.

See my previous reply, I wasn't talking about the unsubstantiated stories about Hibs, rather the talibanesque attitude on here to the way saying that the players should live like monks. I think that Capello has proved that a small drink isn't a problem.

bighairyfaeleith
24-06-2010, 04:16 PM

Slightly off topic, but can you believe the strippers cannae flash the badge anymore.:grr:

HibeeMcGinn1
24-06-2010, 04:17 PM
England players have a few beers round tv and discussing tic tacs. yams class. The Hibees hit the sambuca and strip clubs and probably talking about what one they want to take home. Hibs class. That mean we'r better then England :devil:

Phil D. Rolls
24-06-2010, 04:29 PM
England players have a few beers round tv and discussing tic tacs. yams class. The Hibees hit the sambuca and strip clubs and probably talking about what one they want to take home. Hibs class. That mean we'r better then England :devil:

Yeah, probably.

Green_one
24-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Were they not allowed just one bottle after the Algeria game? That means he allowed them one drink over 3 games and none within 72 hours of an actual start.

Not a great example FR. And no women......

I think you will find no ally in Capello.

Phil D. Rolls
24-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Were they not allowed just one bottle after the Algeria game? That means he allowed them one drink over 3 games and none within 72 hours of an actual start.

Not a great example FR. And no women......

I think you will find no ally in Capello.

Eh no, the news was reporting that they got beer the night before the game with Slovenia. If I've picked it up wrong then I apologise, but I'm certain that was what was revealed as the secret of their success last night.

I definitely remember Edgar Davids saying that he had been proved right that what they needed was a bonding session in the pub.

Woody1985
26-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Didn't know that's where Capello started his career. Who'd have thunk it?

Yeah, he actually stepped down a level from amateur after he left. :greengrin

Chuckie
26-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Slightly off topic, but can you believe the strippers cannae flash the badge anymore.:grr:

That's what she told you. :cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
26-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah, he actually stepped down a level from amateur after he left. :greengrin

I think such an early disappointment has been the driving force that has pushed him on. Yet despite all his successes there will always be a part of him that says, "If only I'd been better at reading the 29 bus timetable, it could all have been so different".

We all have our cross to bear I suppose.

Leicester Fan
26-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Has this been posted yet?
http://www.plus.es/videos/Futbol/Mundial-2010-23-junio-Capello-genio-figura/20100623pluutmftb_12/Ves/

Woody1985
27-06-2010, 09:22 PM
What did I tell you FR about Capello!

Haymaker
28-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Has this been posted yet?
http://www.plus.es/videos/Futbol/Mundial-2010-23-junio-Capello-genio-figura/20100623pluutmftb_12/Ves/

That is brilliant