PDA

View Full Version : New Strip

Scooter
24-06-2010, 10:15 AM
I cant believe its kit launch day and no one has a post about it!!! does everyone know that Yogi is going to be there again today i believe at 11.

i dont think this years strip launch has hyped up advertised aswell

BT58
24-06-2010, 10:20 AM
but is that not the norm for hibs????????
even when they sign a player it seems very low key
i notice the huns have been running their new strip in a lot of the medja
all sale of hibs stuff must generate some kind of income for the club in general
hb

MacBean
24-06-2010, 10:48 AM
but is that not the norm for hibs????????
even when they sign a player it seems very low key
i notice the huns have been running their new strip in a lot of the medja
all sale of hibs stuff must generate some kind of income for the club in general
hb

:jamboak:

actually the most hideous strip of the spl in the last 10 years

bighairyfaeleith
24-06-2010, 10:53 AM

Just had a look at it and it really is awful

Hibstrooper
24-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I think the leeked pictures of De Graaf in the top really mucked up their marketing plan for the new top.

Anyone noticed that they've not realeased anymore pictures of the top apart from the original one. Even on the club shop you can hardly tell what the top looks like.

When you compare that to the away top where they had 4 different players modelling and shots from every angle.

I think they've missed a trick with the marketing of the home top and that why no one is that excited about it.

steviecarnie
24-06-2010, 11:03 AM

never mind that ive just had a look at it on the megastore and seriously how horrible must your fans be if u have to get 5XL made, if ur that big your not fitting into one tiny seat at a football ground thats for sure!!

bighairyfaeleith
24-06-2010, 11:04 AM
I think the leeked pictures of De Graaf in the top really mucked up their marketing plan for the new top.

Anyone noticed that they've not realeased anymore pictures of the top apart from the original one. Even on the club shop you can hardly tell what the top looks like.

When you compare that to the away top where they had 4 different players modelling and shots from every angle.

I think they've missed a trick with the marketing of the home top and that why no one is that excited about it.

Could be that it looks the same as last years? :greengrin

BT58
24-06-2010, 11:15 AM

but the whole POINT is that they market their pi$h,,,,,,,,
it seems to me, that hibs should have a better marketing strategy [i know that they send a lot of stuff via email], i mean the so called big team have a fan base of over 400k :wink::wink:
we should look at improving it as sales mean a help to hibs
hb

steviecarnie
24-06-2010, 11:23 AM
hibs should have a better marketing strategy

on this does hibs have an official twitter/facebook etc? alot of people will probably turn there nose up at using these forms of media for marketing, but they are viable tools and alot cheaper than print/email marketing.

Saorsa
24-06-2010, 11:46 AM
<<<<<<<<< I got my new Hibs top this morning for £2 :thumbsup:

Plus £35 of vouchers won on hibs.net :thumbsup:

Ritchie
24-06-2010, 12:25 PM
i was down collecting my Europa league ticket and my old terracing seats on tuesday..... they had the home top on a manikin.

theres more to it than i thought.... there are dark green parts under the sleeves and white stripes at your hips.

look really nice... will be buying it asap. :thumbsup:

Ollie75
24-06-2010, 12:43 PM
The home kit launch has been in the papers, on the radio, on the main site and on the shop site for weeks. How can you complain about the lack or marketing when its been out there for ages? Huns have to spend a fortune marketing that strip as its boggin!

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on how Puma tops match up to the sizes that they are meant to be? A 38-40 [M?]for the LCS tops have always fitted me fine but I have struggled to get into other shirts Kappa especially, even up to 42-44

steviecarnie
24-06-2010, 12:59 PM
i was down collecting my Europa league ticket and my old terracing seats on tuesday..... they had the home top on a manikin.

theres more to it than i thought.... there are dark green parts under the sleeves and white stripes at your hips.

is that seat making its way to the 12/12 East Terracing Balcony??? im gonna get the top this week.

OtterHibee
24-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on how Puma tops match up to the sizes that they are meant to be? A 38-40 [M?]for the LCS tops have always fitted me fine but I have struggled to get into other shirts Kappa especially, even up to 42-44

I obviously can't accurately comment on the men's sizes, but for comparison, the ladies tops are a good bit bigger than the LCS ones of the same size. I'd imagine that may also be the case for the men's shirts.

Just had mine delivered and while it is a beautiful shirt, and the material is superb, it's not as close fitting as I would have liked, and the sleeves are massive. No smaller size available as well so will just have to live with it. Should have known as it's the same story with Puma's Ferrari products.

Nevertheless though, what an absolutely cracking looking strip! :thumbsup:

Ritchie
24-06-2010, 01:40 PM
is that seat making its way to the 12/12 East Terracing Balcony??? im gonna get the top this week.

I have 3 in the house. How many do you need?

Bristolhibby
24-06-2010, 01:40 PM

I have to say that the Mint kit is a little bit tighter than the last LCS shirt.

I wear Xl and last seasons shirts were great fitting. Allow perfectly for my beer belly. The XL Puma Mint one is a little more snug, however I would not go up a size as it would drown me. And there is a certain ignominy about suddenly finding yourself in the XXl category.

J

steviecarnie
24-06-2010, 01:43 PM
I have 3 in the house. How many do you need?

1 got 3 already, Daves dad has the seats and is making 2 benches.

bighairyfaeleith
24-06-2010, 01:52 PM
I have to say that the Mint kit is a little bit tighter than the last LCS shirt.

I wear Xl and last seasons shirts were great fitting. Allow perfectly for my beer belly. The XL Puma Mint one is a little more snug, however I would not go up a size as it would drown me. And there is a certain ignominy about suddenly finding yourself in the XXl category.

J

:greengrin aye cos xl is just about right :thumbsup:

Billy
24-06-2010, 02:54 PM

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/billyhibs/044.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/billyhibs/043.jpg

LancashireHibby
24-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Anyone else got their impressions of the sizes etc before I order mine online?

Thomson1875
24-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Must say im not the geatest fan of this seasons, Bought it this morning and looked smart, when i got home chucked it on i didnt really see anything much i liked about it:confused: just feels like the same old like last seasons and season before that. Theres just something im not sure about but cant figure out what.

it`ll grow on me im sure though:agree:.

Www1875hfc
24-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Must say im not the geatest fan of this seasons, Bought it this morning and looked smart, when i got home chucked it on i didnt really see anything much i liked about it:confused: just feels like the same old like last seasons and season before that. Theres just something im not sure about but cant figure out what.

it`ll grow on me im sure though:agree:.

Hope not,if yer first names kevin.:devil:

Hal Jordan
24-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I'd be over the bloody moon if we played in the 1960s top every year, with NĘ bloody sponsor's logos on it. :thumbsup:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/javaImages/82/15/0,,10290%7E6886786,00.jpg

They can market the change tops to their heart's content, but leave the home top the way it should be, the way I first saw Hibs.
(I actually think the Currant Bun's new top is awrite, but being a child of the 70s, I would think that).

woody47
24-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm actually well pee'd off about the whole thing. As I am nowhere near ER my son decided to pre-order. It should have arrived today by post (the only way you can pre-order is to have it delivered to your home). Nothing :grr: Phoned the shop and the girl told me that it had been posted but they could got guarantee delivery as it was down to the post office.
What a cop out :grr: £4.00 for postage and they can't guarantee delivery although all their fliers and adverts encourage you to preorder so that you get it the launch day. What was the point of spending extra?
I will never ever buy someting pre-ordered again. :grr:

LancashireHibby
24-06-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm actually well pee'd off about the whole thing. As I am nowhere near ER my son decided to pre-order. It should have arrived today by post (the only way you can pre-order is to have it delivered to your home). Nothing :grr: Phoned the shop and the girl told me that it had been posted but they could got guarantee delivery as it was down to the post office.
What a cop out :grr: £4.00 for postage and they can't guarantee delivery although all their fliers and adverts encourage you to preorder so that you get it the launch day. What was the point of spending extra?

Once it leaves the shop, of course they can't guarantee delivery - what do you expect them to do, deliver it personally?

Anyway, what's the general situation with sizes folks??

bighairyfaeleith
24-06-2010, 08:36 PM

:faf: your funny

Craig_in_Prague
25-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Anyone bought the New Scotland home top?

just got it today - think it's pretty damn smart!!

It looks a tad French, but think it's a nice top, Roll on Lithuania and the Euros! :saltireflag

WellingtonHibby
25-06-2010, 09:55 AM

It looks a tad French, but think it's a nice top, Roll on Lithuania and the Euros! :saltireflag

Went to buy it last week and thought it looked a bit tatty up close. Looks like a basic identikit template with a lion rampant embossed on it. Cheap. I dont think Addidas's bests minds were set to work on it. Saying that, all their Worl Cup Strips are the same too. Preferred the Diadora efforts TBH

DaveF
25-06-2010, 10:19 AM
I'd be over the bloody moon if we played in the 1960s top every year, with NĘ bloody sponsor's logos on it. :thumbsup:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/javaImages/82/15/0,,10290%7E6886786,00.jpg

That strip would do me nicley :thumbsup:

Perfection :agree:

cockneymike
25-06-2010, 10:28 AM

Have you noticed that the Huns top is the same as the current English one, funny that eh? :wink:

jakki
25-06-2010, 06:08 PM
I preordered mine n hubbys and got both yesterday at10.30. Last year it was about the same time and actually bumped into bd69 at lunchtime wearing it in the Livi centre, (oops that was the away one). Considering our post here in Livi is attrocious, ie waiting for a week for a letter sent out from Edinburgh by 1st class mail, Hibs signed -for mail is good value.

As for the sizing, I always get xxl as I like to have room underneath for a jumper in wintertime. I found mine a wee bit tighter but much longer than last seasons. Hubby thinks its great as he's 6'3 and likes the longer length. I ordered the xxxl for him!! big fatty:greengrin

As for the design I love not having the piping around the base and sleeves hems.I like the wee flashing of white at the sides, no so happy wi the dark green at the front of the sleeves. It does remind me of the ,60's shirt that I got from Neil Martin except its not in rugby coarse material!

On the whole I prefer it to last seasons and I'll be in Livingston centre the morn ( Parri Lamp and ASDA) and if you see me wearing it ,stop and say Hiya :greengrin

HibbyAndy
25-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I preordered mine n hubbys and got both yesterday at10.30. Last year it was about the same time and actually bumped into bd69 at lunchtime wearing it in the Livi centre, (oops that was the away one). Considering our post here in Livi is attrocious, ie waiting for a week for a letter sent out from Edinburgh by 1st class mail, Hibs signed -for mail is good value.

As for the sizing, I always get xxl as I like to have room underneath for a jumper in wintertime. I found mine a wee bit tighter but much longer than last seasons. Hubby thinks its great as he's 6'3 and likes the longer length. I ordered the xxxl for him!! big fatty:greengrin

As for the design I love not having the piping around the base and sleeves hems.I like the wee flashing of white at the sides, no so happy wi the dark green at the front of the sleeves. It does remind me of the ,60's shirt that I got from Neil Martin except its not in rugby coarse material!

On the whole I prefer it to last seasons and I'll be in Livingston centre the morn ( Parri Lamp and ASDA) and if you see me wearing it ,stop and say Hiya :greengrin

Cowboy posties in the West :bitchy::bitchy:

:cb

:greengrin

BroxburnHibee
25-06-2010, 06:17 PM

Is that Billy you're talking aboot Jakki :tee hee:

I'm havin that :devil:

:faf:

jakki
25-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Is that Billy you're talking aboot Jakki :tee hee:

I'm havin that :devil:

Oops have I got names muddled as usual?? Yes it was Billy and as for the post here in Livi, many a time I've been waiting for a Sign-for letter and been eagerly waiting for the door to be knocked but only to find the wee post card on the hall carpet. Thats not a problem though now as even if he's sleeping, wee Mixu hears the the slightest noise of anything dropping on the carpet from the letterbox and he's there retrieving what he thinks is HIS mail or circulars :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
25-06-2010, 07:06 PM

It's the best Scotland strip in years :agree:

jakki
25-06-2010, 07:39 PM
:greengrinOops sorry bd65 . But you ken me, I always get things muddled, Its the age thing.I came into the world 50 years too early for this computer thing:thumbsup:

Removed
25-06-2010, 07:45 PM
:greengrinOops sorry bd65 . But you ken me, I always get things muddled, Its the age thing.I came into the world 50 years too early for this computer thing:thumbsup:

Not the first time you've done that Jakki. In fact I quite like it. A 69 way better than a 65. I might even change my name - thinking about it :greengrin

And yes I do remember seeing you and Dave last year when the white away top had just come out :thumbsup:

ArabHibee
25-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Once it leaves the shop, of course they can't guarantee delivery - what do you expect them to do, deliver it personally?

Yes they can, by sending it Guaranteed Next Day Delivery via Royal Mail. Now called Special Delivery.

jakki
25-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Yes they can, by sending it Guaranteed Next Day Delivery via Royal Mail. Now called Special Delivery.
Ys and thats what I got :thumbsup:

Jay
25-06-2010, 09:26 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf: Your on a roll tonight Jakki.

Removed
25-06-2010, 09:30 PM

:agree:

Just tried to change my name and got this

That username is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards. If you are bd69 and you have forgotten your password, click here (http://www.hibs.net/login.php?do=lostpw).

jakki
25-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Jill , I'm past that . I'd prefer a bacon roll anytime:greengrin

Jay
25-06-2010, 09:45 PM
:agree:

Just tried to change my name and got this

That username is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards. If you are bd69 and you have forgotten your password, click here (http://www.hibs.net/login.php?do=lostpw).

Our admins have standards???? :greengrin

marinello59
25-06-2010, 09:47 PM

Yes. Admittedly they are low but standards none the less.

You are banned by the way.:greengrin

BroxburnHibee
25-06-2010, 09:48 PM

Only when Billy is involved :wink:

Jay
25-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Yes. Admittedly they are low but standards none the less.

You are banned by the way.:greengrin

Only when Billy is involved :wink:

:greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-06-2010, 10:31 PM
I got the top yesterday and think it's great. :thumbsup:

Admittedly, it's the first home top I've bought in about 10 years, but loving the Puma logo on the arms. :agree:

skipster7
26-06-2010, 08:56 AM

if its posted special delivery, it IS guaranteed next day by 1.00 pm or by 9.00 am for an extra fee, so yes they can guarantee delivery but have obviously taken the cheap option.they shouldn't advertise delivery on launch day then cop out to save a couple of quid !:rolleyes:

Kojock
26-06-2010, 10:08 AM
With regards to the sizes. I got a XXL away top and it is fine however the XXL home top is a bit neater fitting and shows my fuller figure to perfection.

I have already complained to Rod about the sizing as the tops are obviously being made smaller as I have had to go up three sizes in as many years. "Who ate all the pies the burgers and the fries":whistle: hmmm me by the looks of it. :boo hoo:

LancashireHibby
26-06-2010, 08:30 PM
If they insisted on using Special Delivery then doubtless people would start whinging about it costing £8 to send the things out - I've no option other than to order stuff online with Hibs and I can't speak highly enough of them.

HibeesLA
26-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I would have thought by now that there would have been some better pictures on the hibs shop website.

Ollie75
28-06-2010, 08:18 PM
if its posted special delivery, it IS guaranteed next day by 1.00 pm or by 9.00 am for an extra fee, so yes they can guarantee delivery but have obviously taken the cheap option.they shouldn't advertise delivery on launch day then cop out to save a couple of quid !:rolleyes:

They offer the best value posting service they can, not everyone wants to pay or can pay £6 to have it guaranteed when Royal Mail claim it will be delivered next day. Clubstore is offering fans best price they can so give them a break, and there is no profit for the club on postage, Royal mail get all the ****in dosh!!

ArabHibee
28-06-2010, 08:33 PM
They offer the best value posting service they can, not everyone wants to pay or can pay £6 to have it guaranteed when Royal Mail claim it will be delivered next day. Clubstore is offering fans best price they can so give them a break, and there is no profit for the club on postage, Royal mail get all the ****in dosh!!

You are missing the point. If the club are guaranteeing it to be delivered on launch day then they should be sending it this way. If fans want it to be delivered on launch day, then they should expect to pay for special delivery. Simples. Fan happy, Hibs not getting slated for non-delivery.

M11BMO
29-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Re: Scotland strip. By far the best we've had in years! :agree:

Re: New Hibs strip. I like the new strip but as a few others have said it's too similar in design to what we've had the past few years.

I would like to see us try something a bit different. Obviously we are fairly limited due to the traditions of the designs but, for example, what if we had went for something similar to Tottenhams new top? Where they have white we would have green and where they have blue, we would have white. Just a thought...

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/tottenham-hotspur-home-shirt-1011-new-leak_7757

Wilson
29-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Re: Scotland strip. By far the best we've had in years! :agree:

Re: New Hibs strip. I like the new strip but as a few others have said it's too similar in design to what we've had the past few years.

I would like to see us try something a bit different. Obviously we are fairly limited due to the traditions of the designs but, for example, what if we had went for something similar to Tottenhams new top? Where they have white we would have green and where they have blue, we would have white. Just a thought...

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/tottenham-hotspur-home-shirt-1011-new-leak_7757

The limiting traditions of design you allude to are not incorporated in this example - the sleeves wouldn't be white.

M11BMO
29-06-2010, 10:24 AM
The limiting traditions of design you allude to are not incorporated in this example - the sleeves wouldn't be white.

Your quite right.:rolleyes:

I quiet liked the idea of what they've done on the shoulders and accross the neck.

Peevemor
29-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Why are people so keen to dick about with our strip?

I could maybe understand if it was a plain colour and we wanted to set ourselves apart from the others who are similar, but what we we have and should always have is a simple, classic strip. If you remove the club crest, sponsors' logos, etc. it's still instantly recognisable as a Hibs top - this doesn't work for the vast majority of teams.

In terms of design in general I'm generally of the "less is more" school - and for me this certainly applies to our strip.

Scooter
29-06-2010, 11:31 AM

ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/rm/Tariff_Poster_UK_2010.pdf
:cool2:

cheltenhamhibee
29-06-2010, 12:56 PM
It's the best Scotland strip in years :agree:

cannae say i like it OJ, think it would smarter tho without the lion rampant

Keith_M
29-06-2010, 01:58 PM
I saw what I thought was the new Hibs strip today, in Princes street. I realised, as the guy wearing it got a bit closer, that it was actually last season's strip. There really is very little difference.

However, I'm of the school of thought that I'd be happy if the strip was the same every year, plain green with white sleeves and no advertising at all. I realise that's unrealistic as clubs now have to do everything they can to maximise revenue.