PDA

View Full Version : NHC mixu is the new killie manager

ancienthibby
22-06-2010, 06:12 PM
..the Killie vacancy, according to Beeb Radio.

Would love to see the Big Man back in work (and the SPL) but I think the Killie Chairman is a bit of a problem, shall we say!!

Remaining candidates appear to be (notso) wee jambo Robbo and Gus of Mirren fame.

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Also heard shabby is in for it.:grr:

HibbyAndy
22-06-2010, 06:16 PM

Who?

Lmc2105
22-06-2010, 06:18 PM

yup been interviewed according to the BEEB

HibbyAndy
22-06-2010, 06:23 PM
yup been interviewed according to the BEEB

Ah Csaba Laszlo :hilarious

Get him back in oor game. He speaks mare crap than a few on here.

.Sean.
22-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Ah Csaba Laszlo :hilarious

Get him back in oor game. He speaks mare crap than a few on here.
Uh, huh, uh, eh, eh, eh, yup, ehm i teenk so, uh huh, eh, uhm, ya, eh...

The man slavers more pish than SalfordHibs with his Football Rumours 'EXCLUSIVES'! :wink:

Vini1875
22-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Good luck Mixu

Hibercelona
22-06-2010, 06:34 PM
I s#@t myself when I read the title. :agree: :greengrin

basehibby
22-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I'd be surprised if Gus McPherson doesn't get the job - an ex Killie player and a popular one at that - also with a decent track record from what I can see (nae idea why the saints sacked him - crazy decision IMO).

Lmc2105
22-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Uh, huh, uh, eh, eh, eh, yup, ehm i teenk so, uh huh, eh, uhm, ya, eh...

The man slavers more pish than SalfordHibs with his Football Rumours 'EXCLUSIVES'! :wink:

sure that ain't you mate after being on the p!ss :wink:

seanraff07
22-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Please Killie please appoint Csaba, his interviews would make my week.:agree:

Pretty Boy
22-06-2010, 07:16 PM
I'd be surprised if Gus McPherson doesn't get the job - an ex Killie player and a popular one at that - also with a decent track record from what I can see (nae idea why the saints sacked him - crazy decision IMO).

It strikes me as being one of those situations where a manager is sacked because after a few years of stability a club feels they have to take the 'next step'. There seems to be no acknowledgement that certain teams find their level and a good manager is the reason they have done so.

Ritchie
22-06-2010, 07:24 PM

You could put your house on :agree:

flood
22-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Killie fan here....

Have heard from good source within RP that Mixu has job. Unveiled tomorrow.

Honest opinions on him please.....(and don't bring up Nish!:wink:)

Pretty Boy
22-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Killie fan here....

You would be best taking you old boss Bobbys' advice and spending your Saturdays in the cinema. Entertainment is well and truly off the menu in Kilmarnock with Mixu in charge.

hibeeleicester
22-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Sensational.

bingo70
22-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Killie fan here....

I'd love him to do well for you as he seems a great guy, not too well obviously though, but unfortunately to be honest he was an absolute shambles as a manager, some of his decisions, team selections and formations were just beyond belief and he also never exactly spoke a good game either.

Hopefully the time he's taken out of the game has given him time to reflect on where he went wrong and learned from it because he gave no indication he was learning from his mistakes while he was here.

Green forever
22-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Killie fan here....

his "tactics" were not always the best but he made some decent signings, Deeks , Bamba, Ian Murray etc.

Lmc2105
22-06-2010, 09:10 PM
just said on forth 1 tonight .. Killie have called a press conference for tomorrow

with the favorite being ex hibs boss Mixu

he is back!!

bingo70
22-06-2010, 09:16 PM
his "tactics" were not always the best but he made some decent signings, Deeks , Bamba, Ian Murray etc.

He's not going to have the sort of budget to attract players like that at Killie though.

He did do a decent job with TPS and Cowdenbeath so maybe Hibs were just the wrong club at the wrong time for him, saying that i don't think it's a great appointment for them, i'm amazed they didn't go for Gus Mcpherson, assuming this story is true of course.

flood
22-06-2010, 09:33 PM
He's not going to have the sort of budget to attract players like that at Killie though.

He did do a decent job with TPS and Cowdenbeath so maybe Hibs were just the wrong club at the wrong time for him, saying that i don't think it's a great appointment for them, i'm amazed they didn't go for Gus Mcpherson, assuming this story is true of course.

Well I did say earlier!. I've been told he has job. Insider info :wink:

Diclonius
22-06-2010, 10:14 PM
My best wishes go to Mixu but he is not a top level manager.

Kilmarnock for relegation next season. Can't believe they didn't go for Laszlo or MacPherson.

Billychaotic182
22-06-2010, 10:58 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kilmarnock/8754914.stm

Diclonius
22-06-2010, 11:04 PM
The guys over on Killie Kickback reckon he'll have them playing defensive, tactical football.

I hope the big man's done his homework.

RickyS
22-06-2010, 11:21 PM

if this comes to pass, I will be delighted for the big guy. We all know it was not working for him at ER but he walked away without a bad word. He brought some quality players to the club and the profit from Bamba (if he is sold) is down to him.
He still speaks of us as his team despite all that happens, good luck Mixu (apart fi the games against us)

500miles
22-06-2010, 11:22 PM
I think Mixu will do well for Killie. I don't see them as religation material with him in charge, and I think people forget how well he steadied the ship on first arrival, the injuries, the loss of creative players, the fractured dressing room, and he number of his signings that are still crucial players and first picks.

Hibs fans were impatient because we were on the comedown from the CIS Cup win IMO. If he gets a bit of patience at Killie, he will steer you clear of relegation at least.

I'm not convinced we would be much worse off with him still here.....

RickyS
22-06-2010, 11:42 PM
I think Mixu will do well for Killie. I don't see them as religation material with him in charge, and I think people forget how well he steadied the ship on first arrival, the injuries, the loss of creative players, the fractured dressing room, and he number of his signings that are still crucial players and first picks.

Hibs fans were impatient because we were on the comedown from the CIS Cup win IMO. If he gets a bit of patience at Killie, he will steer you clear of relegation at least.

I'm not convinced we would be much worse off with him still here.....

dont agree with the bold bit, but agree with everything else.:top marks

MountcastleHibs
23-06-2010, 12:41 AM
I wish Mixu all the best in his new job if what we are reading is accurate. His love for this club is never questionable, and although things didn't work out as manager, he was a fantastic servant for the club.

Good luck big man, just don't do that well for Killie.

Part/Time Supporter
23-06-2010, 05:39 AM
Killie fan here....

What's the odds on Killie being relegated?

:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
23-06-2010, 06:31 AM
Well done to the big man for getting the job and I hope he does well. Wasn't a great manager for us but was a great player so I always found it difficult to slate him when he was here.

I suspect he has got the job because his demands were probably less than those of gus and shabba, or at least he was prepared to lower his demands to get the job.

Good eye for a player, just had little or no idea what to do with them once they got here.

bighairyfaeleith
23-06-2010, 06:39 AM
Wonder if mixu could afford rankin:hmmm:

ronaldo7
23-06-2010, 07:52 AM
If the sun says it, it must be true.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3026022/Mixu-Paatelainen-to-be-new-Kilmarnock-manager.html

Hibbyradge
23-06-2010, 07:54 AM
You could put your house on :agree:

Want to rent my spare room?

bighairyfaeleith
23-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Want to rent my spare room?

You got rid of the gimp:confused:

Hibs07p
23-06-2010, 08:25 AM
What's the odds on Killie being relegated?

I think it's a good call, not because of Mixu's abilities / inabilities, but that Mixu is surely the cheapest option. Michael Johnson will have mixu cutting the grass, marking the pitch, driving the team bus, scouting the Ayrshire junior leagues for players.
Mixu must be pretty desperate to get back into football.

basehibby
23-06-2010, 08:43 AM
So Mixu got the job then - good luck big fella :thumbsup:(except against us of course).

Killie will be hoping he's learnt from his spell at Hibs - as has been pointed out his signings were pretty good on the whole but the football on show was somewhat uninspiring. Success for him at Kille will be staying up on a budget - he steadied the ship at Hibs effectively when the team was in freefall so maybe he can do it - will be interesting to see.

EskbankHibby
23-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Killie fan here....

On the upside by appointing Mixu your club and players have instantly become "fantastic", you will be hearing that word a lot over the next season regardless of result or performance.:wink:

Ironically it was in the 4-2 game (a defeat) against Killie at Easter Road a couple of years ago when Mixu lost my confidence. You may remember you were down to 10 men when it went 2-2 yet you still managed to have more than your fair share of posession and ultimately ran out comfortable winners.

A great guy who i wish well but i just don't think he's a very good manager

Phil D. Rolls
23-06-2010, 09:29 AM
I think there is something far wrong at that club, and it seems to me they have a death wish if they are going to hire Mixu.

Maybe we could set up a web cam to monitor their last hours?

matty_f
23-06-2010, 09:41 AM
I think there is something far wrong at that club, and it seems to me they have a death wish if they are going to hire Mixu.

Maybe we could set up a web cam to monitor their last hours?

I think Mixu will achieve exactly what Killie want him to do. He is more than capable of keeping them in the SPL. They'll be pish to watch, but they'll grind out results.

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-06-2010, 09:56 AM
I personally think people are being harsh on Mixu as a manager.

John Collins left Mixu with some bad signings of which he had to make the most of. Players like AOB, Kerr, Makalamby, Donaldson etc. One thing for sure is that he left Yogi with a better standard of player like Riordan, Murray, Bamba.

Mixu had some terrible results granted but then again so did Yogi last season. I'm not saying Mixu's a great manager but i think he could do a decent job. One thing Mixu will bring though is his enthusiasm, commitment and passion.

He wont get any money to spend with Killie though and i think that could be their downfall as they'll have a limited squad.

Good luck to Mixu and Killie anyway as they're a decent SPL club.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-06-2010, 11:53 AM
I think that if the passing is not good enough, and the ball has to be played forward a bit quicker Killie fans can look forward [or upward], to the ball falling from the sky covered in ice. Shame that KK has signed for Harse because he would have fitted in well with the way that MP plays the game.

DaveF
23-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Good luck to Mixu, I hope he does well enough to get his managment career back on track.

As someone said earlier on in this thread, perhaps we were the wrong club at the wrong time for him, and maybe he has had refelcted on his own failings witha view to putting them right at Killie.

All the best Mixu - your time at Hibs was pertty much forgettable, but I'm happy to see him back in a job.

soupy
23-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Hope he does really well, apart from when their playing us... If he stops them getting relegated hes done a good job, Hopefully hell have them fired up when theyre playing the ***** o the toon...

GGTTH

Hank Schrader
23-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Confirmed (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kilmarnock/8754914.stm)

Peevemor
23-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Confirmed (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kilmarnock/8754914.stm)

Good luck Mixu. :aok:

yekimevol
23-06-2010, 12:45 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11791_6224686,00.html

has been confirmed. hope you do well big man !!!

cjward2
23-06-2010, 12:47 PM
good luck Mixu....but I hope Hibs beat Killie every time.:thumbsup:

Riordans Boots
23-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Good for him - awrra best Big Guy :agree:

Hibee_Lisa
23-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Good luck Mixu just not against us. :thumbsup:

LALthehibeeGAL
23-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Good luck Mixu - except against us.

Lal:wink:

keep the faith
23-06-2010, 12:55 PM
"Finnish tactician" :tee hee:

Good luck big man. Nice to see you back in the game.

Ritchie
23-06-2010, 12:55 PM
holy bajeezus!

thats a strange one.... though gus mcpherson would get the job.

good luck mixu! :agree:

Pretty Boy
23-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Good luck to the big man, i genuinely hope it oges well for him.

Also good luck to the Killie fans finding an alternative source of entertainment on a Saturday afternoon.

Part/Time Supporter
23-06-2010, 01:02 PM

John Collins left Mixu with some bad signings of which he had to make the most of. Players like AOB, Kerr, Makalamby, Donaldson etc. One thing for sure is that he left Yogi with a better standard of player like Riordan, Murray, Bamba.

Mixu had some terrible results granted but then again so did Yogi last season. I'm not saying Mixu's a great manager but i think he could do a decent job. One thing Mixu will bring though is his enthusiasm, commitment and passion.

He wont get any money to spend with Killie though and i think that could be their downfall as they'll have a limited squad.

All of whom cost fair bits in wages and/or fees, even Bamba cost 50K, which Killie don't have.

Billychaotic182
23-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Good Luck Mixu. If you sign good cheap players like Bamba for them am sure you will be fine

jakki
23-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Good luck Mixu:thumbsup:
and wee Mixu says the same (woof, woof):greengrin

heretoday
23-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I think he'll do well. He was not the worst manager we've had.

And he's still a legend.

Winston Ingram
23-06-2010, 01:42 PM
I fear for them. They'll definately need a replacement for Kyle now.

(like how Sky refer to him as a 'tactician')

Steve20
23-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Good luck Mixu. Just don't beat us.

SalfordHibs
23-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Wonder if mixu could afford rankin:hmmm:

And Nish :cool2:

MrSmith
23-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Well done and good luck Mixu!

Cannae wait to see you at ER and hopefully...we'll give you a huge cheer.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Well done and good luck Mixu!

Cannae wait to see you at ER and hopefully...we'll give you a huge cheer.

Doubt he will get a huge cheer, his inept managerial skills may have dampened his fondness as an
ex player?

ian cruise
23-06-2010, 02:17 PM

hands off nish! :greengrin:3wise smi

good luck mixu

Hibby Kate
23-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Good Luck Mixu, except when you play us of course.

vanNISHtelroy
23-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Feeling a little bit underwhelmed by the appointment of Mixu. Feel that the chairman had the choice of him and Gus and went for the cheapest of the two.

Anyway, will get behind him now...good luck Mixu (he might need it)

Hibernian Verse
23-06-2010, 03:04 PM

I was about to defend Collins' signings and I do believe that Maka isn't half as bad as people made out but looking at his other one's...Gatheussi, Morais, Curier (who I liked), Noubissié...

A bit of where are they now on Collins' signings...

Kerr - Dundee
Donaldson - Crewe (19 in 71 - not too bad)
O'Brien - Swindon (played 9...)
Maka - Free agent
Gatheussi - Raith
Morais - Free agent
Curier - Did well at Hamilton, now back at Dundee
Noubissié - Kettring Town...Blue Sq Prem...

So I have to agree :greengrin

.Sean.
23-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Good luck to the big guy. Terrific person, big gent and I wish him the very best. I was gutted he didn't succeed as boss here.

Put your money on JJ signing for Killie, he bought a mansion in Ayrshire and is currently without a club.

Moody D
23-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Good luck Mixu. Think this could mean a danger of losing some of our promising youngsters that Yogi doesn't seem to rate. The U19 team of 09/10 is known to Mixu and Moyes, Booth, Currie, Welsh and Byrne all featured in his reserves sides.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Good luck Mixu, you ALWAYS gave 100%

RickyS
23-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Good luck to the big guy. Terrific person, big gent and I wish him the very best. I was gutted he didn't succeed as boss here.

Put your money on JJ signing for Killie, he bought a mansion in Ayrshire and is currently without a club.

:agree: and what odds of boozy ending up there? maka might turn his back on barcelona for a guaranteed number 1 slot as well:greengrin

Winston Ingram
23-06-2010, 05:07 PM

I don't know if they need a right winger:greengrin

Billychaotic182
23-06-2010, 05:48 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8756946.stm

Video o mixu talking about the Job.

He almost mucked up sayin that he is happy to be at hib...... Kilmarnock :thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
23-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't know if they need a right winger:greengrin

My personal favourite was the 4-1-5 "system" used against ICT at home once (beat 2-1). Bamba was the only proper midfielder in the lineup.

Ma Kalambay (McNeil 46), Van Zanten, Hogg (Rankin 82), Jones, Murray, Bamba, Yantorno, Nish, Shiels, Fletcher (Pinau 46), Riordan

http://caleythistleonline.com/news/match-reports/692-hibs-v-inverness-ct-08-11-08

RickyS
23-06-2010, 05:55 PM

Video o mixu talking about the Job.

He almost mucked up sayin that he is happy to be at hib...... Kilmarnock :thumbsup:

thats no muckin up it shows how much the hibs mean to him. aw the best big man

vanNISHtelroy
23-06-2010, 06:04 PM
:agree: and what odds of boozy ending up there? maka might turn his back on barcelona for a guaranteed number 1 slot as well:greengrin

Combe and Cammy Bell would both be ahead of him :agree:

EasterRoad4Ever
23-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Good luck to Mixu. Time is a great healer.

RickyS
23-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Combe and Cammy Bell would both be ahead of him :agree:

defo mate, both excellent keepers, I was referring to an interview where Maka produced some wonder stats that proved he is undoubtedly the best keeper we have ever had and that he is wanted by a top 3 spanish team but wants to be number one so may turn them down. clown of the highest order

OtterHibee
23-06-2010, 06:32 PM

:agree: Couldn't agree more.

All the best Mixu.

.Sean.
23-06-2010, 08:22 PM

Still love the big man and he'll most definately receive a standing ovation from myself when he returns to Easter Road :agree:

LancashireHibby
23-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Moose will always be a legend in my eyes, good luck to him at Killie (a polite round of applause for him at ER and nothing more though, acknowledge him and then get on with supporting Hibs when we play Killie)

givescotlandfreedom
23-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Good luck Mixu :thumbsup:

Big-Si-1875
23-06-2010, 08:51 PM
If you listen to his interview, bout 44 seconds in he has to stop himself saying hes proud to be Hibs boss.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-06-2010, 09:09 PM
lol
Oops - Unlucky big man!!!:wink:

francobaresi
23-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Quality, nice one Mixu:greengrin

zlatan
23-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Lovely chap but Kilmarnock to be relegated at 9/2 is still appealing.

keep the faith
23-06-2010, 09:22 PM
In Michael Johnstone's interview he says Mixu has served his apprenticeship at cowden, in finland and at Hibs and is now ready for the big job.

What a fan dan that chairman is.

Jonnyboy
23-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Good luck big fella - just not against us :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
24-06-2010, 06:21 AM
In Michael Johnstone's interview he says Mixu has served his apprenticeship at cowden, in finland and at Hibs and is now ready for the big job.

It's important for wee teams to keep telling everyone they are bigger than hibs, kind of like peeing in the snow, the only people that feel the need to write there name are the ones with the wee willys.

vanNISHtelroy
24-06-2010, 07:05 AM

He is a fan dan and a lot more :greengrin

I don't know why he included you lot in his apprenticeship, maybe he meant the tough job or something rather than big job, who knows?

Spike Mandela
24-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Hopefully Mixu will use his knowledge of Hibs and come back and raid us for some of our fringe players helping us to free up wages for some new players.

Lot's of managers seem to return to past players they trust.

Leithenhibby
24-06-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm extremely pleased for Mixu, as I have always like him first and foremost as an absolute gentleman. Ok he wasn't the manager we needed and he did make mistakes, but I'm sure he is and was big enough to put his hands up.

As an other poster said "time is a great healer" :cool2:

I for one will give him a huge cheer as he donated his boots for my fundraiser at ER :top marks
and we got £100.00 for them....

Good Luck Mixu...:thumbsup: (but no against us)

Phil MaGlass
24-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Good luck Mixu, but of course, not against us.

NAE NOOKIE
26-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Aye good luck Mixu.

Good guy and will be up for the challenge if nothing else.

Cant believe that Killie knocked back Gus McPherson though, proven SPL manager with a club on a par with Killie. Strange one that.

Polite applause from me for Mixu on return to ER. Never quite got the Mixu is a legend bit though, a good player and hat trick against the Yams aint too shabby likes, but just short of legend status IMO.

seanraff07
26-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Good luck Mixu, well at least we can go to Rugby Park now confident of a win for once.:greengrin