PDA

View Full Version : Yams 3rd next season?? (merged)

hibee4life1983
23-06-2010, 12:31 PM
O.k, i was on a stag do in ireland at the weekend and there was 5 yams there, at the bookies yesterday i bumped into gary mckays son (he's alright for a yam players son) and 2 of his jamboid m8s.
They all said that now fjk was 'hame' and they had 2 quality signings in kevin'jeremy'kyle and darren'deustch mark'barr, they would return to 3rd and pish all over us, normally i would lap up ther buffoonary but they were all deadly serious! One of them was Willing to bet a ton (I couldnt take a yams giro)

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone else was having theese ludicris teapots that support the cants say the same???

Its quite frightening!

Woody70x2
23-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I would have shook hands on the £100 bet... third is a tall order and I do not see where they have added 'quality' to the squad. It could be argued that Goncalves was a better player than Barr, so there is a reduction is quality there - and Kyle... well he is simply a huddy.

On the Kyle note... I thought I would check out his stats on the wikipedia page... he has managed to score 39 goals in his career (no including internationals). This has been in 220 games. This gives him a games to goals ratio of 0.177. This means over a 38 game season he is likely (based on history) score 6.7 times - so giving the benefit of doubt 7 goals in a season.

The £100 would have been a safe bet...

Jim44
23-06-2010, 12:44 PM
I think there's a chance that they might be in the mix for 3rd to 6th next season, but you would think they might have the sense to play it down a bit. Most Jambos I know are talking as if Romanov is their born again saviour and some are suggesting that the Old Firm are well within their sights. Do they know something we don't? :greengrin

Sandy
23-06-2010, 12:45 PM
O.k, i was on a stag do in ireland at the weekend and there was 5 yams there, at the bookies yesterday i bumped into gary mckays son (he's alright for a yam players son) and 2 of his jamboid m8s.
They all said that now fjk was 'hame' and they had 2 quality signings in kevin'jeremy'kyle and darren'deustch mark'barr, they would return to 3rd and pish all over us, normally i would lap up ther buffoonary but they were all deadly serious! One of them was Willing to bet a ton (I couldnt take a yams giro)

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone else was having theese ludicris teapots that support the cants say the same???

Its quite frightening!

Only if you turn the league upside down :agree:

hibee4life1983
23-06-2010, 12:46 PM
I knew kyle was bad but thats about on par with nade! Could u check that on wiki? Im on the old mobile u see.

MountcastleHibs
23-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I have a few yam mates, and my own brother, telling me there is no doubt that they will finish 3rd, and above us by some stretch.

Personally I think they're again showing there naivity and delusion fully. The players they have signed so far are not a patch on a couple of the players they have lost, and even when you compare the players they're being linked to, and the players we are being linked to, we are after a better quality.

Things most definately look up for us next season, and I say let them live in their delusional little world, and let the fall be even harder when they crash back to reality, and we finish above them again.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2010, 12:49 PM
To the OP, If its Grant you are talking about, he has always come across as an arrogant git to me, not saw for a while though luckily enough!

Pretty Boy
23-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I've encountered this as well. The yam arrogance is back(if it ever went away) with a vengeance.

They genuinely believe Kyle is the answer to their goalscoring problems, the guy is mince. And Darren Barr is decent enough but he's hardly a world beater.

I just leave them to it. These are the same fools who got semi erect at the signing of Bouzid last year or Nade before that and confidently predicted they would finish at least 18 points ahead of us last season. The average Hertz fan knows hee haw about footall and wouldn't know a player if he agredd to meet them in the Wheatfield toilets for a quick fumble pre game.

Woody70x2
23-06-2010, 12:56 PM
NADE (1999 to 2010 - 11 Years):
Career Goals - 19
Games Played - 176
Goals to Games Ratio - 0.11
Standard Season (38 Games) - 4 GOALS
Goals per Year Average: 2

KYLE (2000 to 2010 - 10 Years!):
Career Goals - 39
Games Played - 220
Goals to Games Ratio - 0.18
Standard Season (38 Games) - 7 GOALS
Goals per Year Average: 4

AND THESE GUYS ARE CENTRE FORWARDS :top marks

PaulSmith
23-06-2010, 01:05 PM

Its quite frightening!

Still running with the hearts mob these days?

hibee4life1983
23-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Top notch research ther, 19 goals in eleven years has got to be a record! 39 in ten isnt much better! cheers Woody!

HutchyHibby, im talking bout ryan, never met grant likes, sure they will have the same annoyance tho!! lol.

Center forwards my erchie.

blueisthecolour
23-06-2010, 01:17 PM

Its quite frightening!

Sounds to me like you not confident, and using this as an excuse to get out of a bet, at least the guy is putting his money where his mouth is.

Pretty Boy
23-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Still running with the hearts mob these days?

Hearts mob?:faf::faf:

H18sry
Sounds to me like you not confident, and using this as an excuse to get out of a bet, at least the guy is putting his money where his mouth is.

What would your ffffin lot know about money?????????????

Vini1875
One of the things that makes living in Glasgow such a pleasure. I don't have to listen to these bams or even have to see any of them.

Jambos seem to me like a guy who is being gang raped in jail, but is happy because someone promised him a mars bar at the end of the week.

dangermouse
23-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Career Goals - 19
Games Played - 176

Career Goals - 39
Games Played - 220

In the interest of fairness

NISH (1999 to 2010 - 11 Years!):
Career Goals - 74
Games Played - 283
Goals to Games Ratio - 3.82
Standard Season (38 Games) - 10 GOALS
Goals per Year Average: 7

Nish or Kyle? No contest

hibee4life1983
23-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Bitc,

U really are a gers fan eh? Only u would say that, others would know the chances of claiming the winnings fi a bucket rakin' jamboid is over a billion to one, that describes ur team as well, except it would be from a billion to one, away and die wi ur team.

machibby
23-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Career Goals - 19
Games Played - 176

Career Goals - 39
Games Played - 220

Could there be any link between the above and the fact Killie scored only 27 goals in the league last season?:confused:

Houchy
23-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Could there be any link between the above and the fact Killie scored only 27 goals in the league last season?:confused:

Hertz only scored 7 more than that.:agree:

Edit: Although I got that from this site: http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Statistics which has us down as finishing 5th and hertz finishing with more points than St Johnstone in 7th which is wrong aswell.:confused:

Crackin "official site" that is.:greengrin

McKenzie
23-06-2010, 07:37 PM
When he first took over i took the guy serious, they finished second, everything was on the up.
Now look no new stand, no champions league, nothing. Where did it all go ? :confused:

Mixu62
23-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Career Goals - 19
Games Played - 176

Career Goals - 39
Games Played - 220

Yeah but just wait till Kyle gets better service from an attack-minded creative midfield full of quality world cup stars like....oh, wait a minute.....

Rodsterino
23-06-2010, 08:05 PM

Career Goals - 74
Games Played - 283

Nish or Kyle? No contest

Nearly 4 goals a game, wow, Nishaldo must stay! :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
23-06-2010, 08:18 PM
When he first took over i took the guy serious, they finished second, everything was on the up.
Now look no new stand, no champions league, nothing. Where did it all go ? :confused:

Quality Post:greengrin

Ryan91
24-06-2010, 01:30 AM

Career Goals - 74
Games Played - 283

Nish or Kyle? No contest

Got the ratio wrong way round there I think

Goals to Games Ratio - 0.26

:nerd:

Phil D. Rolls
24-06-2010, 05:28 AM
Perhaps if we can finish ahead of them next season, their bubble will be well and truly burst. They would have to recognise the facts instead of hiding in a fools paradise.

Just now, they truly believe that they are a cut above the rest of the SPL, one more season of Circus Romanov could well and truly cut them down to size.

bighairyfaeleith
24-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Perhaps if we can finish ahead of them next season, their bubble will be well and truly burst. They would have to recognise the facts instead of hiding in a fools paradise.

Just now, they truly believe that they are a cut above the rest of the SPL, one more season of Circus Romanov could well and truly cut them down to size.

:faf: Do you really think these fuds will ever wake up?

Even when they are playing in the east of scotland league they will still claim they are bigger than hibs, it's all they have!!

Steve20
24-06-2010, 06:18 AM
I think Hibs, Hearts and Dundee Utd will all be in the mix for 3rd place next season. However, if the rumours are true that we are selling Stokes or Riordan, or even both, then I reckon we will find ourselves out of it.

They are probably right, this time, to believe they can finish 3rd.

bighairyfaeleith
24-06-2010, 06:24 AM
I think Hibs, Hearts and Dundee Utd will all be in the mix for 3rd place next season. However, if the rumours are true that we are selling Stokes or Riordan, or even both, then I reckon we will find ourselves out of it.

They are probably right, this time, to believe they can finish 3rd.

:confused: Seriously????

Steve20
24-06-2010, 06:35 AM
:confused: Seriously????

Seriously what? I never said they would finish 3rd, but why should they not think they can? Are they really that much worse than us at the moment? I will wait and see who we bring in during the summer compared to them, and more important, who both teams sell.

Sandy
24-06-2010, 07:14 AM

Why don't you just go away, up until now I was prepared to think you were just here for football chat, now I just think you are on the wind up you beastly Hun.

bighairyfaeleith
24-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Seriously what? I never said they would finish 3rd, but why should they not think they can? Are they really that much worse than us at the moment? I will wait and see who we bring in during the summer compared to them, and more important, who both teams sell.

Well on hand you are saying wait and see who we all bring in, then you are saying they are right to think they can finish third. Surely they would be right to wait and see as well then?

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-06-2010, 07:41 AM
While I am sure that Harse will have a better season, if they end up third that will mean that Dundee Utd will need to have a shocker and I can't see that happening. Harse are further behind Utd than we are and signing two run of the mill players will not change that. They have needed a CF for a season and a half and KK, who is just Sandy Clark but without the grace and poise, will not strike fear into many teams. As for Darren Barr. Well he signed for them for more money and a starting position week in and week out. He was not guaranteed that with us.

Steve20
24-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Well on hand you are saying wait and see who we all bring in, then you are saying they are right to think they can finish third. Surely they would be right to wait and see as well then?

No, I am saying I will wait and see who teams bring in until I decide who I think will be 3rd. It doesn't mean others won't make predictions just now. My point is that its hardly out of the question that they will finish 3rd, is it?

bighairyfaeleith
24-06-2010, 07:53 AM
No, I am saying I will wait and see who teams bring in until I decide who I think will be 3rd. It doesn't mean others won't make predictions just now. My point is that its hardly out of the question that they will finish 3rd, is it?

looking at there squad, yes:greengrin

lapsedhibee
24-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Why don't you just go away, up until now I was prepared to think you were just here for football chat, now I just think you are on the wind up you beastly Hun.

Off topic but just like to say I think it a touch of class when the admin pricks replace a poster's swearyword with something straight out of a Billy Bunter tale. :thumbsup:

dangermouse
24-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Nearly 4 goals a game, wow, Nishaldo must stay! :wink:

Got the ratio wrong way round there I think

Goals to Games Ratio - 0.26

:nerd:

Oops. That's what happens when you let work get in the way of posting on .net :greengrin

Thanks for pointing out my deliberate mistake.

Sandy
24-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Off topic but just like to say I think it a touch of class when the admin pricks replace a poster's swearyword with something straight out of a Billy Bunter tale. :thumbsup:

What makes it worse is the 'admin prick' in question is my mate, it's an age thing with him though :greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
24-06-2010, 09:29 AM
So let's get this straight, they have lost Goncalves (one of the best centre halves in the SPL), Kingston and Stewart, and they have signed Darren Barr and Kevin Kyle and suddenly they are going to finish 3rd? Who on earth are they going to have in their midfield? Stevenson and Black???:faf:

Phil MaGlass
24-06-2010, 09:57 AM
If we sell Stokes we can kiss goodbye to 3rd

IWasThere2016
24-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Driver will be away soon :greengrin

Stevie Reid
24-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Looking at this objectively, ourselves and Motherwell have shown in the past that 3rd place is achievable without spending much money, if you can stay free of injuries and suspensions (thankfully the Yams have a horrendous record with both recently).

I do think they will finish comfortably in the top 6 and they could definitely be in with a shout for 3rd, depending on who else they bring in. I think it's a bit rich for some on here to laugh at them signing the likes of Stevenson, especially when many praise Dundee Utd's signing policy of looking to the lower leagues. He looked neat and tidy in the last derby, and Templeton caused an experienced player like Ian Murray a fair few problems.

Theoretically, if he and Driver (if he stays, unlikely as it looks) can supply crosses to Kyle then they may improve their horrendous recent scoring exploits in the SPL, we shall see. It's also worth noting that Jeffries had Hearts playing good football when he took them to 3rd in the league (albeit with much better players), so I don't necessarily buy into the fact that they will play hoofball - I would've been happy enough if we had signed Kyle, and I wouldn't have taken it to mean that we would play route one all the time, a target man is just as important for playing it on the ground.

Also, although the chickens must come home to roost at some point (surely?!), they are still paying very high wages despite trying to reduce their wage bill, and it's perfectly possible that a manager like Jeffries could bring in more effective players for far less money than they were previously paying for the likes of Kingston and Nade. A back four of Jonsson, Barr, Zaliukus and Wallace looks decent, as I say we'll have to see who gets brought in ahead of them, but unfortunately they may not be as crap as we hope they will be.

However, I fully expect us to come up with another couple of signings as impressive as de Graaf, and if we can shore up at the back whilst keeping up our scoring exploits of last season, I would hope (never expect with us), that we could finish comfortably above them.

McKenzie
24-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I would've been happy enough if we had signed Kyle
instead of who ? riordan or stokes :confused: :bitchy:

Stevie Reid
24-06-2010, 03:32 PM
instead of who ? riordan or stokes :confused: :bitchy:

Eh? Instead of neither, I just said I would've been happy if we'd signed him.

hibee4life1983
24-06-2010, 03:55 PM
I wouldnt want kk, it doesnt automaticly mean u will play 'hoofball' but it does mean that u will resort to playing it if ur up against a slick passing fitba' team like us! U watch how they become even more boring and route one esk.

DH1875
24-06-2010, 06:05 PM
The Yams can have 3rd. I want 2nd and firmly believe that we have a great chance as long as we hold onto Stokes and Riordan and bring in a couple of decent defenders.

Iggy Pope
24-06-2010, 06:30 PM

And we both know what we want done with these people Sandy :agree:
I think he's best ignored.....

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Driver will be away soon :greengrin

And set to miss the pre season tour as he is still injured

:bye:

JimBHibees
25-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Lets not kid ourselves Hearts are well capable of getting third. They beat us in the last 2 derbies, one of which should have been a horsing. They have now added Kyle and Barr who are both decent signings so they will be higher than they were last season. We will need to show more consistency over the season and prove our real form was the first half and not the second half. 2 or 3 more experienced signings especially at the back is required for us to compete for 3rd IMO.

Pretty Boy
25-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Lets not kid ourselves Hearts are well capable of getting third. They beat us in the last 2 derbies, one of which should have been a horsing. They have now added Kyle and Barr who are both decent signings so they will be higher than they were last season. We will need to show more consistency over the season and prove our real form was the first half and not the second half. 2 or 3 more experienced signings especially at the back is required for us to compete for 3rd IMO.

They may have added Kyle and Barr but they have lost Goncalves, a better defender than Barr, lost Stewart, their best midfielder by a country mile, are likely to lose Driver, they have also lost Kingston and Nade.

Of course Hearts are capable of 3rd, with Jumbo in charge they will play some absolutely awful - yet effective- football. Whether they are in a better position player wise than they were last season is, IMO, debatable.

blueisthecolour
25-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Bitc,

U really are a gers fan eh? Only u would say that, others would know the chances of claiming the winnings fi a bucket rakin' jamboid is over a billion to one, that describes ur team as well, except it would be from a billion to one, away and die wi ur team.

Very mature:rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
25-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Very mature:rolleyes:

Well said, there is no place for comments like that, only a child would make them. :agree:

HibbyAndy
25-06-2010, 06:21 PM
3rd place is the least Hibs should be pushing for.

The Harp
25-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Hertz??? THIRD???:rolleyes: Don't think there's much chance of that happening. They've lost more quality than they've brought in.
From some of the posts on here though, it seems it's not just the deluded ones that think they're capable of achieving it. :grr: IMHO 5th would be about the best they could manage.