PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Mulgrew signs...

3pm
22-06-2010, 09:43 PM
...For Celtic?! McGhee quoted as saying he'll sign this week. The best fans in the world will be chuffed with such a big signing.

ian cruise
22-06-2010, 10:12 PM
...For Celtic?! McGhee quoted as saying he'll sign this week. The best fans in the world will be chuffed with such a big signing.

mate seems to be under the impression they are signing mulgrew, sol campbell and craig bellamy :confused: this week. he's also under the impression they have the greatest fans in the world.

at least if the do sign all those players they wont be able to afford stokes :thumbsup:

Captain Trips
23-06-2010, 07:25 AM
mate seems to be under the impression they are signing mulgrew, sol campbell and craig bellamy :confused: this week. he's also under the impression they have the greatest fans in the world.

at least if the do sign all those players they wont be able to afford stokes :thumbsup:

I think Celtic can afford to buy any player from us, Stokes has a year left I think on contract which is a factor.

matty_f
23-06-2010, 07:27 AM

Heard quite a bit of chat about them signing those players (not Mulgrew, mind you).

weecounty hibby
23-06-2010, 07:30 AM
IMO if these are true it is a good sign for us. I wouldn't have Mulgrew playing for us, Campbells best days are well and truly behind him and although Bellamy is a good player, he is trouble and can't stay at a club for longer than a season or two. Still doubt they will pay the wages Bellamy will want though. I think it shows that the OF are coming down the way in the level of player they can sign.

Hibstrooper
23-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Nice to see McGhee keep to his usual level of professionalism and fail to keep his trap shut :bitchy:

Don Giovanni
23-06-2010, 08:05 AM
I think Celtic can afford to buy any player from us, Stokes has a year left I think on contract which is a factor.

I thought that Stokes had a 2 years left to run on his current contract? :dunno:

I've no doubt that there will be interest in him after the number of goals he scored last season and if he continues in that manner this coming season I'd expect bids in January / next summer.

Then again I wouldn't be at all surprised if Celtc slapped in a cheeky 1,000,000pence bid and become outraged and offended when Rod boots out such a generous offer!

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Campbells best days may well be behind him, he'll still stroll through most games though.

Betty Boop
23-06-2010, 08:46 AM
I thought that Stokes had a 2 years left to run on his current contract? :dunno:

I've no doubt that there will be interest in him after the number of goals he scored last season and if he continues in that manner this coming season I'd expect bids in January / next summer.

Then again I wouldn't be at all surprised if Celtc slapped in a cheeky 1,000,000pence bid and become outraged and offended when Rod boots out such a generous offer!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/182557/Stokes-on-Hoops-secret-signing-list

Sandy
23-06-2010, 08:51 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/182557/Stokes-on-Hoops-secret-signing-list

Shows you how sheite that article is with the 1 million for Stokes part, nae danger we would accept that little for him.

Captain Trips
23-06-2010, 09:06 AM
If he has 2 yrs left Celtic IMO can still afford him. we might be harder to deal with but often we still ask for a price that they can afford.

Im sure they will contact the player and let him know whats on offer and this will result in unsettling and wanting to leave.

Don Giovanni
23-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Good spot Betty Boop.

The only suprise is the figure is quoted in pounds rather than pence!

FWIW I dont think RP will be doing business until the figure is over £2M but then again I doubt Stokes will be leaving this summer...

GGTTH

(Apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread)

aberhibsfc
23-06-2010, 10:29 AM

:agree:

ian cruise
23-06-2010, 11:22 AM
celtic fans seem to think that the figure is £1.5million.

i find it bemusing that they don't want him, he's apparently not good enough for them. sour grapes as he didnt go there before maybe? :agree:

Pretty Boy
23-06-2010, 11:33 AM
£1.5M for Stokes. Celtc can think again if they expect the tache to accept that.

And if Mulgrew does go to Celtc we have had a lucky escape. I've yet to meet a sheep fan who rates him, and i meet a fair few. Not bad going forward but can't defend to save his life seems to be the general consensus.

ian cruise
23-06-2010, 11:37 AM
£1.5M for Stokes. Celtc can think again if they expect the tache to accept that.

And if Mulgrew does go to Celtc we have had a lucky escape. I've yet to meet a sheep fan who rates him, and i meet a fair few. Not bad going forward but can't defend to save his life seems to be the general consensus.

i agree, i floated the idea of us signing him last summer and it was pointed out by hibees and sheep alike his many defensive frailties, and if we are going to keep deek on the left having a defender who spends alot of the time forward would leave us terribly exposed at the back.

NOLA
23-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Campbells best days may well be behind him, he'll still stroll through most games though.
100% agree, not the most taxing league to play in, look at david weir.

ian cruise
23-06-2010, 11:45 AM
100% agree, not the most taxing league to play in, look at david weir.

judging by some of his performances with arsenal last season i'd say he'd do very well up here, i reckon he's kept himself in very good fitness.

monktonharp
23-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Im sure they will contact the player and let him know whats on offer and this will result in unsettling and wanting to leave.[/QUOTE]:agree:has that not already happened?

Aldo
23-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Mulgrew is utter pi$h. Hughes will get his team attacking the left flank time and time again. The boy has a left peg on him for free kicks but for me he is a one trick pony and thats that.

As for Stokes....I can hear RP on the phone to his Smellic counterpart....sorry phone back when you are ready to start at 2.5 million and then I might, remember might start talking to you. Anywhere near 3 million and he is away TBH. (and with that we get Deek on an extended contract and Garry O to sign)

Let the bidding begin.

O and Smellic GTF.