PDA

View Full Version : NHC Argentina players wearing different strips from each other??

Hamilton_Hibs
22-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Dire game tonight. However noticed something interesting about Argentina's strips. There are two entirely different strips being worn by the Argentina players in the same game. One strip is the plain blue with the usual adidas design. The other, the same, however with black shinny piping on the front, side and rear of the strips??

It was also the case in the France game today. Henry had a different strip on than other players.

Anyone else notice this or know why this is the case??

Danderhall Hibs
22-06-2010, 08:19 PM

I noticed it - don't know the reason though.

steviecarnie
22-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Dire game tonight. However noticed something interesting about Argentina's strips. There are two entirely different strips being worn by the Argentina players in the same game. One strip is the plain blue with the usual adidas design. The other, the same, however with black shinny piping on the front, side and rear of the strips??

It was also the case in the France game today. Henry had a different strip on than other players.

it seems to be all teams with that template of strip have that, ive noticed some players have different designs of tape too, with it crossed over at the back on some, with others having it just straight down the front and back, its very strange and only reason ive come up with is, the strip is ***** quality and these players are gonna be involved in physical battles and they may rip.

millarco
22-06-2010, 08:26 PM
It's the Adidas Powerweb technology, the players have the choice on whether to wear the top with the technology (tops with the shiny bits) or without. Think some players find it a bit restrictive as it's very tight-fitting.

steviecarnie
22-06-2010, 08:34 PM
It's the Adidas Powerweb technology,

sounds nonsense http://www.press.adidas.com/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-336/118_read-7335/

Pretty Boy
22-06-2010, 08:57 PM
sounds nonsense http://www.press.adidas.com/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-336/118_read-7335/

Sounds nonsense but it's not.

I used an undershirt with powerweb to a boxing session the other week. My punchspeed was measured without the shirt and landed at just over 27MPH, with the shirt on it landed at 31.5MPH. No idea, technically speaking, how it works but it appears it does give you a bit of an edge.

(((Fergus)))
22-06-2010, 08:57 PM

didn't do much for france anyway

Houchy
22-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I noticed that too. The ones with the black taping on the "home" strip were also white with blue stripes whereas the ones without taping were blue with white stripes:agree: Surely FIFA can't allow a team to play in different strips. It's like back in the school days where you had Skins (no shirts) against the shirts

Woody1985
22-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Sounds nonsense but it's not.

I used an undershirt with powerweb to a boxing session the other week. My punchspeed was measured without the shirt and landed at just over 27MPH, with the shirt on it landed at 31.5MPH. No idea, technically speaking, how it works but it appears it does give you a bit of an edge.

Did you take an average of say 5 punches or did you just do one punch with it on and one without it. Doing one of each will not give you an accurate test.

If you did throw 5 punches first with the thing on and then threw 5 after it might be slower due to fatigue. I'm not a sports scientist though!

Pretty Boy
22-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Did you take an average of say 5 punches or did you just do one punch with it on and one without it. Doing one of each will not give you an accurate test.

If you did throw 5 punches first with the thing on and then threw 5 after it might be slower due to fatigue. I'm not a sports scientist though!

It was indeed averaged out. I threw 6 punches with and 6 without but alternated each time so it was one with the top on, one without then another one with and so on. No idea if this makes it accurate or not but it seemed a fair jump for it to be pure coincedence.

Toaods
22-06-2010, 09:34 PM
I noticed it in the last French game and assumed it was the statistical recording equipment that most players have under their shirts.

Looks a bit strange all the same whatever it is.

Woody1985
22-06-2010, 10:13 PM
It was indeed averaged out. I threw 6 punches with and 6 without but alternated each time so it was one with the top on, one without then another one with and so on. No idea if this makes it accurate or not but it seemed a fair jump for it to be pure coincedence.

I need to get one of those and wrap my whole body in it for when I play football. :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
22-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Is there no bound to be some pedantic rule somewhere that says they all have to be identical? :confused:

nonshinyfinish
23-06-2010, 05:54 AM
Is there no bound to be some pedantic rule somewhere that says they all have to be identical? :confused:

Probably, but when there's a sponsor involved then FIFA will roll over and let them tickle its belly.

Jones28
23-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Probably, but when there's a sponsor involved then FIFA will roll over and let them tickle its belly.

Especially seeing as adidas are providing the balls etc

Pretty Boy
23-06-2010, 12:48 PM

There probably is but this kind of thing has gone on for years.

Ian Wright used to wear a different shirt from all the other Arsenal players a few years back. The shirt had a collar which he didn't like so he wore a round neck that was specially made for him.

As long as the colours are the same then i don't see too much of a problem although as you say the pedants at FIFA will no doubt 'clamp down' on it sooner or later.

calumhibee1
23-06-2010, 01:21 PM

Ian Wright used to wear a different shirt from all the other Arsenal players a few years back. The shirt had a collar which he didn't like so he wore a round neck that was specially made for him.

As long as the colours are the same then i don't see too much probably although as you say the pedants at FIFA will no doubt 'clamp down' on it sooner or later.
The season we played Dnipro Riordan used to wear a top without a collar. :agree:

(((Fergus)))
23-06-2010, 01:26 PM

As long as the colours are the same then i don't see too much of a problem although as you say the pedants at FIFA will no doubt 'clamp down' on it sooner or later.

Remember Cruyff wearing different branding on his shirt - two stripes instead of three as he was sponsored by puma.

ian cruise
23-06-2010, 01:35 PM
The season we played Dnipro Riordan used to wear a top without a collar. :agree:

im sure oconnor used to too

dangermouse
24-06-2010, 07:59 AM

im sure oconnor used to too

I think they just tucked them in.

Hibs On Tour
24-06-2010, 10:52 AM

FFS its getting a little ridiculous when the pampered stars that are our players are demanding different strips for this that and the other! What next, wee frilly ruffles at the cuffs, ****ing Gok Wan doing trackside alterations. Jesus Jones... :greengrin