PDA

View Full Version : if u were the referee.........

steviecarnie
22-06-2010, 08:00 PM
What fouls would u give and in turn let go as part of the game...........

personally,

all play actors would recieve 1-2mins on the sideline, once they got up and were asked to leave the pitch as required, i wouldnt wave them on until i thought they had recieved sufficent treatment for the injury.

pushing and shoving at corners/free kick is part of the game and pulling players up and awarding free kicks exclusively for defending teams is beginning to get annoying.

hibeeleicester
22-06-2010, 08:06 PM
If i reffed a hibs game, if there was even a slight chance a player could commit a foul against a hibs player , i'd send them off and automatically award penalties all round.

bobbyhibs1983
22-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Theres a few things that annoy me and if i were a ref and a player if fouled ad he gets up wavering his arms about and trying to get the offending player booked i woul book that player who was wavering his arms about.99% of the time the person doing it HAS WON the freekick but sill moans.

Anoter thing that really annoys me and the O.P has stated is shirt pulling.tugging and genrally blocking off players who are trying to win a header or what not in the box.That really annoys me and i would think pen most of the time.I understand what your saying but it being part and parcel of the game but why should it be ?

if it happens anwhere else on the pitch you d get a free kick for it but why not in the box withc yo are attacking.I know defenders and attackers tend to be as bad as one another but its something that annoys me

cad
22-06-2010, 09:58 PM
If you could get a device that the referee and the players know what 10 yards are at a free kick plus get them to stay at the required 10 yards it would help enormously ,dont think it will ever happen likes but you can hope .

Makaveli
22-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Touching an opponent with your hands = automatic foul, no exceptions.

Strong tackling and shoulder-barging etc are parts of the game, but tugging jerseys shouldn't be.

crewetollhibee
22-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Annoys the hell out of me that when 2 players go in high with studs showing, that they ALWAYS penalise the guy who won the ball because presumably he had his boot just a wee bit higher.

Hibs07p
23-06-2010, 08:52 AM
If I reffed a derby game at Tynecastle I would book every Hearts player as they came out the tunnel for wearing maroon strips, and every time the home crowd booed me if I gave a decision against their team, I would book another one of the Fv<kers and send them off until they were down to 7 men. There would be around 10 minutes of injury time because of their time wasting. Jim Jeffries would be sent to the stand for being cheery, along with Gary Locke for being a yam fud. I would then go to the bookies and collect my winnings. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
23-06-2010, 09:00 AM
If you could get a device that the referee and the players know what 10 yards are at a free kick plus get them to stay at the required 10 yards it would help enormously ,dont think it will ever happen likes but you can hope .

I believe this is called a tape measure.

Twa Cairpets
23-06-2010, 09:11 AM
I am a ref, and in no particular order:

- whinging players, especially ones who shake there head in a kind of "who the hell are you" John Terry-esque type of way should be ritually executed

- "coaches" who shout "he's raised his hands he's got to go", "last man - straight red", or other bits of total lack of understanding of the laws should be forced to wear gaffer tape on there mouths.

Captain Trips
23-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Players holding face when clearly not touched - 2 x Red cards, 1 for play acting, other for the actual card you tried to get other player.

bob12345
23-06-2010, 09:17 AM
I believe this is called a tape measure.

In Brazil the referee went about with a spray which dissolves after 1 minute. Once he had measured out ten yards he would spray it, so anyone going in front of the line would be booked. Thought this was a good idea, not sure why it was scrapped?

steviecarnie
23-06-2010, 10:00 AM

ive always thought the ref should just make them go bk 12yrds and then they can waddle forward a wee bit and still be 10yrds back, but the more i think about it, players will cotton on to this and no doubt still end up 8yrds from the ball:grr:

Another pet hate is defenders sheilding the ball to go out at the goal line, does my nut in, no attempt to play the ball, and anywhere else on the pitch would be obstruction.....i definately give free kicks to attacking team.

MacBean
23-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Theres a few things that annoy me and if i were a ref and a player if fouled ad he gets up wavering his arms about and trying to get the offending player booked i woul book that player who was wavering his arms about.99% of the time the person doing it HAS WON the freekick but sill moans.

Anoter thing that really annoys me and the O.P has stated is shirt pulling.tugging and genrally blocking off players who are trying to win a header or what not in the box.That really annoys me and i would think pen most of the time.I understand what your saying but it being part and parcel of the game but why should it be ?

if it happens anwhere else on the pitch you d get a free kick for it but why not in the box withc yo are attacking.I know defenders and attackers tend to be as bad as one another but its something that annoys me

completely agree.

I would book any player that rolled about on the ground like a pig in mud after a soft foul for unsporting behaviour.

this could be seen all over the Brazil game. Luis Fabiano did it several times throughout the game trying to get players booked, but as soon as the foul/booking was awarded he would get up jog on and score! This could only be done for what you know was a player "play-acting" trying to get someone elses - a fellow pro - booked/sent off.
Not to mention the incident for Kaka's red, however the referee did not witness that so you would have to go on your assistant's advice.