PDA

View Full Version : Friday Fight Night this week

Pretty Boy
22-06-2010, 12:34 PM
For all you boxing fans a bit of a grudge rematch on Friday Fight Night this week.

Tyson Fury v John McDermott for the English heavyweight title.

The first fight was an absolute robbery of Mcdermott. Fought brilliantly in his own rough and ready inside brawling style but some extremely dodgy judging gave the fight to Fury on points. Theres been a bit of bad blood in the build up to the rematch with Fury constantly taunting McDermott about his weight(despite the fact Fury is hardly a perfect physical specimen himself). McDermott has been on the end of a few dodgy decisions in his career including a points loss against Danny Williams despite Williams having 3 points deducted and everyone and their dogs thinking he had won the fight.

Will not be a fight for the skills purist but will certainly be edgy and could be a good old fashioned scrap. I honestly have no idea how to call this one but think Fury may sneak it on another close(dodgy?) points decision.

As a taster heres some of the skills Fury brings to the table

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFP-R_LYSM&NR=1

Godsahibby
22-06-2010, 12:53 PM
I can't access the link at work but I take it by skills you mean Fury decking himself? that was a punch and a haldf!

Pretty Boy
22-06-2010, 01:17 PM
I can't access the link at work but I take it by skills you mean Fury decking himself? that was a punch and a haldf!

That's the one.