PDA

View Full Version : Gary O in training...

St.Kristopher
21-06-2010, 05:31 PM
@ holyrood park today with some short balding bloke.

this should add to the rumour mill about him taking over from Annabel Goldie as leader of the Scottish conservatives.

PaulSmith
21-06-2010, 05:33 PM

this should add to the rumour mill about him taking over from Annabel Goldie as leader of the Scottish conservatives.

Malcolm Colquhoun ex Hibs physio ?

Lmc2105
21-06-2010, 05:56 PM

didn't Mixu do that a few years ago and then got offered a deal:greengrin

mind you we have a training center now so the chances of that are slim but we have to remember he is from edinburgh/tranent

could just be keeping himself fit trying to get back to 100%

hopefully to play in the green and white:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
21-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Has O'connor signed a new deal at Brum?

seanraff07
21-06-2010, 06:11 PM

It was at least a month ago now that he was offered a new deal, never actually heard if he accepted it or not.

Lmc2105
21-06-2010, 06:11 PM

Haven't seen anything on sky sports about it or there website so i don't think so

they are looking at Ryan Babel now and already have Zigic and will probably sign another striker

so i think GOC knows he won't really get a game maybe that's why he is stalling a on a new deal

Jack
21-06-2010, 06:12 PM

Not Bobo Balding :greengrin I hear he's still available :agree:

Still cant get over what he did to the Celtc - almost as though it was an act of God :faf:

HibbyAndy
21-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Haven't seen anything on sky sports about it or there website so i don't think so

they are looking at Ryan Babel now and already have Zigic and will probably sign another striker

so i think GOC knows he won't really get a game maybe that's why he is stalling a on a new deal

Think with the Brum multi millionaire owner they feel they can get better players than GO..:hmmm:

Lmc2105
21-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Think with the Brum multi millionaire owner they feel they can get better players than GO..:hmmm:

You would think so eh but maybe Mcleish sees something in him:greengrin

seanraff07
21-06-2010, 06:17 PM
He's yet to sign a new deal and his future at them seems doubtful..

http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlands-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2010/06/20/garry-o-connor-faces-bleak-birmingham-city-future-66331-26686559/

HibbyAndy
21-06-2010, 06:23 PM

http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlands-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2010/06/20/garry-o-connor-faces-bleak-birmingham-city-future-66331-26686559/

So O’Connor could be leaving St Andrew’s on a free transfer.

Good read cheers for that :aok:

seanraff07
21-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Good read cheers for that :aok:

No problem mate.:cool2:

the happy hibee
21-06-2010, 06:27 PM
good read cheers for that :aok:
so do yu think there is a gd chance he could be signing for us then?

HibbyAndy
21-06-2010, 06:30 PM
so do yu think there is a gd chance he could be signing for us then?

Mate, Id love the big man to resign for the Cabbage,I truly would ***** love it, Just cannae see it tho.

Few others are hearing wee wispers through the grapevine, Ive heard a few rumours but nowt about Garry O tho :boo hoo:

Riordans Boots
21-06-2010, 06:35 PM

According to his mum he has signed a 6 month deal with them :cool2:

HibbyAndy
21-06-2010, 06:36 PM
According to his mum he has signed a 6 month deal with them :cool2:

Hows that cool ya bampot :greengrin

the happy hibee
21-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Mate, Id love the big man to resign for the Cabbage,I truly would ***** love it, Just cannae see it tho.

Few others are hearing wee wispers through the grapevine, Ive heard a few rumours but nowt about Garry O tho :boo hoo:
Nae probs mate! I would love him to sign to mate!

PaulSmith
21-06-2010, 07:10 PM

And even better in there is the news that they will sign the left back Paul Konsecky (cant be ersed checking the spelling of his name) from Fulham...that would put Murphy well down the pecking order and open to a move back up the road.

.Sean.
21-06-2010, 07:56 PM
And even better in there is the news that they will sign the left back Paul Konsecky (cant be ersed checking the spelling of his name) from Fulham...that would put Murphy well down the pecking order and open to a move back up the road.
Do you think he would come back so soon though?

As much as i'd love to see him back in a Hibs shirt I feel if he is to leave Birmingham he'd stay in England. He'd walk into any Championship side and a few Premiership teams too. he's easily one of the best i've seen in a Hibs top, I genuinely don't think I ever saw him play a bad game.

Aldo
21-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Garry O is a quality player and if it wasnt for injury he would still be a BC. As for spud one word...pace....that is the difference between him being an even better player than he is.

Would take both of them at the drop of a hat. Dont know if he (G O) be as prolific as Stokes but would give his all everytime he pulled on the jersey. Would allow Deek to move back up from where would thrive....17 from LW how many would he score playing upfront.

If I was to sacrifce one it would be Stokes IMHO.

GG

Kevvy1875
21-06-2010, 09:00 PM

Interesting......if you look to the right hand side of the Garry O article you will see the Midlands have their very own Andy Walker. Wonder if he is as much of a trumpet as our one:greengrin

CraigHibee
21-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Interesting......if you look to the right hand side of the Garry O article you will see the Midlands have their very own Andy Walker. Wonder if he is as much of a trumpet as our one:greengrin

is that possible?? :greengrin

greenlex
21-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Was he just jogging or was he working on his speed?

lucky
21-06-2010, 10:40 PM
If he is out contract he will be demanding big money. Even with his injury problems he will command £500k in transfer fee (now a signing on fee of that) and at least £10k a week. No way will Rodders go near that for a guy who is injury prone.

BT58
22-06-2010, 08:13 AM
What age is G O ??
Maybe he is looking at re signing for hibs
with say maybe a 3 yr deal then there
may be an option inserted with hibs getting
a reasonable fee?? That way we could pay him
our top wage
Would work for both him & hibs
providing he passes medical
hb

CabbageFan
22-06-2010, 08:51 AM
If he is out contract he will be demanding big money. Even with his injury problems he will command £500k in transfer fee (now a signing on fee of that) and at least £10k a week. No way will Rodders go near that for a guy who is injury prone.

I doubt it, when he left Hibs for moscow he was given a signing on fee and he gave that back to Hibs to invest in the youth system. He wouldnt do that to Hibs, maybe another team he would demand that sort of wage and fee but not Hibs!!

Hibbyradge
22-06-2010, 08:58 AM
I doubt it, when he left Hibs for moscow he was given a signing on fee and he gave that back to Hibs to invest in the youth system.

Are you sure? :wink:

He wouldnt do that to Hibs, maybe another team he would demand that sort of wage and fee but not Hibs!!

You're right. He won't demand that sort of wage from Hibs.

He won't demand, or even politely request, any wages from Hibs.

He's still worth millions in transfer/signing on fees. He might have a soft spot for his second team, Hibs, but he's not daft.

I think he'll go to Rangers.

CabbageFan
22-06-2010, 09:01 AM

Just a wee rumour I heard at the time. :wink: might have been half the signing on fee.

bingo70
22-06-2010, 09:10 AM

You're right. He won't demand that sort of wage from Hibs.

He won't demand, or even politely request, any wages from Hibs.

He's still worth millions in transfer/signing on fees. He might have a soft spot for his second team, Hibs, but he's not daft.

I think he'll go to Rangers.

:agree:

I've been saying that for a while as well, probably as good a replacement for Boyd as the huns are likely to get on there budget.

Unfortunately it would be a good move for him as well so i think he's far more likely to chose them over us.

Jim44
22-06-2010, 09:15 AM
I doubt it, when he left Hibs for moscow he was given a signing on fee and he gave that back to Hibs to invest in the youth system. He wouldnt do that to Hibs, maybe another team he would demand that sort of wage and fee but not Hibs!!

Yes he did, as did Murphy and Brown...........HERE (http://www.eastfootball.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6368)

Hibbyradge
22-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Yes he did, as did Murphy and Brown...........HERE (http://www.eastfootball.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6368)

I remember the stories.

Unfortunately, they're not true.

Beefster
22-06-2010, 09:39 AM

Is there anything a bit more concrete than a post on another forum?

Hibs On Tour
22-06-2010, 10:38 PM
I remember the stories.

Unfortunately, they're not true.

You sure?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/6661737.stm

supersauzee
23-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Garry O is 27 in July.

He actually lives down aberlady area now.

I spoke to him yesterday and he has signed nothing with brum. He wants to sign with Hibs but wages are a stumbling block. He was away to Glasgow to see his agent today so he will find out whats happening and is going to let me know when i see him next week.

He would never go to Rangers i will tell you that now!!!!

He is training with the ex hibs physio at Arthur Seat as he does every pre-season to get fit! he is well over the op he got on his hip and is looking forward to getting back playing regularly and getting back into the scotland set up!

i am keeping my fingers crossed that he signs for Hibs again, i will keep at him guys!!:greengrin

Aldo
23-06-2010, 07:00 PM
TBH

I would love Garry O to come back to ER but if wages are a stumbling block then we have had it. He will be offered the max. But there are only 2 possibly 3 teams outwith the OF that could afford him.

US
YAMS
SHEEP (maybe)

We shall see. If he is that desperate to sign for us then wages should not be a problem.

.Sean.
23-06-2010, 07:30 PM
TBH

I would love Garry O to come back to ER but if wages are a stumbling block then we have had it. He will be offered the max. But there are only 2 possibly 3 teams outwith the OF that could afford him.

US
YAMS
SHEEP (maybe)

We shall see. If he is that desperate to sign for us then wages should not be a problem.
:faf:

eastmainsmsh
23-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Garry O is 27 in July.

I spoke to him yesterday and he has signed nothing with brum. He wants to sign with Hibs but wages are a stumbling block. He was away to Glasgow to see his agent today so he will find out whats happening and is going to let me know when i see him next week.

He is training with the ex hibs physio at Arthur Seat as he does every pre-season to get fit! he is well over the op he got on his hip and is looking forward to getting back playing regularly and getting back into the scotland set up!

i am keeping my fingers crossed that he signs for Hibs again, i will keep at him guys!!:greengrin

dont want to add to something that might not happen folks i saw a black rangerover sport going up the ormiston road earlier this evening ...think garry has one might be something in the rumours

HibeeDaz6270
23-06-2010, 07:46 PM
If Hibs sell Stokes for around £2million then i think Garry O'Connor would be a fantastic replacement. For us to replace Stokes, with someone of his calibre it would involve a fee.

Maybe an offer of £4k per week plus a high signing on fee would get Garry to sign? I would rather Hibs add on a few hundred thousand to Garry's signing on fee than spent that on another striker. Would love to see him back :greengrin

a 3 year deal + 450k signing on fee would be = to £7k per week for 3years with no signing on fee.

If we could get him for around the above , i think it would be good business, even slightly more on the signing on fee, as a player of his calibre is definately worth that kind of money. Obviously if there was a transfer fee involved we could not afford this, but with it being a free transfer, maybe just maybe?

Aldo
23-06-2010, 07:51 PM
:faf:

Sean ma friend wots so funny. Mcgheeeeee was told he has ten grand a week to spend on players...Wether that is on one, 2 3 etc then its up to him.

So yeah they could afford him. (if they want to blow most of their budget).

Lets face it though he wont go there or to the PBS.

.Sean.
23-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Sean ma friend wots so funny. Mcgheeeeee was told he has ten grand a week to spend on players...Wether that is on one, 2 3 etc then its up to him.

So yeah they could afford him. (if they want to blow most of their budget).

Lets face it though he wont go there or to the PBS.
Even McGhee isnae daft enough to spend ten grand a week on one player. And if that's all he's got to work with on top of what's already there then Aberdeen will be in trouble, as they will have an ever more depleted pool in comparison last seasons shambles.

supersauzee
23-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Garry actually drives a White Range Rover and White Bentley now so wouldnt have been him!:wink:

eastmainsmsh
23-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Garry actually drives a White Range Rover and White Bentley now so wouldnt have been him!:wink:

like darius im colourblund :wink:

hope he comes tho great player and a nice lad :thumbsup:

.Sean.
23-06-2010, 08:31 PM
What are the chances of him ending up at Hibs? Are Celtic an option or does he still fancy England? No danger of him ending up abroad again?

Tell him if he does end up back here, he can pop down the road to Haddy and come for a night out with the boys :cool2:

CRAZYHIBBY
23-06-2010, 08:33 PM
It might not happen this season but i reckon he will be back soon

HibeeMcGinn1
23-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Even McGhee isnae daft enough to spend ten grand a week on one player. And if that's all he's got to work with on top of what's already there then Aberdeen will be in trouble, as they will have an ever more depleted pool in comparison last seasons shambles.

I think Aberdeen will be lucky to survive next season, them or Killie.

HibeeMcGinn1
23-06-2010, 08:40 PM
What are the chances of him ending up at Hibs? Are Celtic an option or does he still fancy England? No danger of him ending up abroad again?

Tell him if he does end up back here, he can pop down the road to Haddy and come for a night out with the boys :cool2:

When I was working at Archerfield two years back he bought a house there. Would assume he still had it so he has property 15mins from East Mains and 30mins from Easter Road. Cumon Gazza you know you want to. :thumbsup:

.Sean.
23-06-2010, 08:43 PM
When I was working at Archerfield two years back he bought a house there. Would assume he still had it so he has property 15mins from East Mains and 30mins from Easter Road. Cumon Gazza you know you want to. :thumbsup:
He could split a taxi back home from Haddy with you! :faf:

Get my text about the trains yup?

HibeeMcGinn1
23-06-2010, 08:56 PM
He could split a taxi back home from Haddy with you! :faf:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Get my text about the trains yup?

I did mate. that train would be perfect. Prices pretty reasonable aswell.

Sean just on a random note mate, I quite simply love Shakira.

Judas Iscariot
23-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Garry O is 27 in July.

He's 27 now :agree:

Birthday was in May :wink:

.Sean.
23-06-2010, 10:05 PM
I did mate. that train would be perfect. Prices pretty reasonable aswell.

Sean just on a random note mate, I quite simply love Shakira.
I guaruntee it won't be Shakire lookalikes we're getting fired into when we're down in Blackpool!

''Rough and ready'' was a quote on another thread...

Hibernia Na Eir
24-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Current bun reports today that GOC has signed a 6 month extension at BCFC

.Sean.
24-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Says he has verbally accepted a 6 month deal at Birmingham...