PDA

View Full Version : What part should a DJ and music play at Easter Road?

RIP
21-06-2010, 04:06 PM
What part should a DJ and music play at Easter Road?

marinello59
21-06-2010, 06:01 PM
I would have the music stopped ten minutes before kick off and let the supporters get some chants going.

Hibercelona
21-06-2010, 06:04 PM
He needs to get more Hibs songs playing.

And needs to get a copy of the "hands of hibs" track to play out loud each time we take on the yams.

We also need a better sound system, the one we have is shocking! :bitchy: (Hopefully better soundage in the new east :pray:)

Lmc2105
21-06-2010, 06:05 PM
He needs to get more Hibs songs playing.

And needs to get a copy of the "hands of hibs" track to play out loud each time we take on the yams.

We also need a better sound system, the one we have is shocking! :bitchy: (Hopefully better soundage in the new east :pray:)

it's something the club are looking into as far as i know :agree:

Lmc2105
21-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Also i think it would be good to have an announcer with a little bit more of a passion and got the fans going ... dare i say it a Scott Wilson :duck:
:wink:

Hibercelona
21-06-2010, 06:07 PM
[/B]

it's something the club are looking into as far as i know :agree:

A few of these in each stand should do.

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/9/97%20Big%20Sound%20System.jpg

Shouldn't be too expensive likes... :greengrin

Lmc2105
21-06-2010, 06:08 PM
A few of these in each stand should do.

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/9/97%20Big%20Sound%20System.jpg

Shouldn't be too expensive likes... :greengrin

:cool2:
would be good mate but i think the club are just looking for a better sound system so watch this space :greengrin

seanraff07
21-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Hibs songs up until 15 minutes before kick-off, and certainly none of this Black Eyed Peas pish.:grr:

Hibercelona
21-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Hibs songs up until 15 minutes before kick-off, and certainly none of this Black Eyed Peas pish.:grr:

Hmm... I dunno...

I wouldn't mind hearing some "Boom Boom Pow" when Riordan leathers it in from 30 yards. :greengrin

Barney McGrew
21-06-2010, 06:15 PM
dare i say it a Scott Wilson :duck:
:wink:

Dear God no :bitchy:

It's a football match, not an American Football/Ice Hockey/Baseball game.

Lmc2105
21-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Dear God no :bitchy:

It's football match, not an American Football/Ice Hockey/Baseball game.

haha yeah point taken :greengrin

seanraff07
21-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Hmm... I dunno...

I wouldn't mind hearing some "Boom Boom Pow" when Riordan leathers it in from 30 yards. :greengrin

No thanks.:no way:

I Gotta Feeling is far better.:greengrin

Lmc2105
21-06-2010, 06:22 PM
No thanks.:no way:

I Gotta Feeling is far better.:greengrin

that song actually drives me round the bend:grr::bitchy:

seanraff07
21-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Me too, i tried to be sarcastic but i don't think it came across very well.:greengrin

I only think i've heard it as much as John Motson mentions 1966.:grr:

Thomson1875
21-06-2010, 06:28 PM
id like to here a song that we could sing along to after we score...

Off the top of my head like the huns play the same song when they score but when say boyd scores they play the tune to which they sing there version of the song to.

Like The rob jones song to get played and we all sing along to it with like deeks or stokes name instead of jones obviously.

Or if someone outwith our strikers score then glory glory to be played so we can sing along to. A faster version would be much better but.

Hibercelona
21-06-2010, 06:29 PM

Perhaps the "Jolly Green Giant" song would be more up your street. :wink:

Austinho
21-06-2010, 06:31 PM
For big games at least, he should play some songs to get us psyched up such as:
Club Foot - Club Foot
Right Here, Right Now - Fatboy Slim
Carnival de Paris - Dario G

Should not play anything for about 5/10 minutes up to kick off to let the crowd chant, then as the teams are coming out he should play a really stirring classical track:

Lux Aeterna - Clint Mansell
O Fortuna - Carmina Burana

LancashireHibby
21-06-2010, 06:34 PM
I would have the music stopped ten minutes before kick off and let the supporters get some chants going.

But in reality there are still thousands of people who have yet to get in to the ground at that time - I'd say the DJ definitely plays a role, but from ten minutes before kick off it's sing-along Hibs song only (but at a volume where you can actually hear the fans joining in)

Lmc2105
21-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Perhaps the "Jolly Green Giant" song would be more up your street. :wink:

:faf::faf: :top marks

Speechless and it ain't like me:boo hoo:

Swine :greengrin

Jack
21-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Surely someone can do something with this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq6_4qKnOJA&feature=player_embedded#!

Think chorus ...

Hibs, Hibs

Glory glory to the Hibs Hibs

Hibs, Hibs

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :agree:

Hibs, Hibs

:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2010, 07:21 PM
I've never really thought much of the average football fan's taste in music myself.

hibee4life1983
21-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Marinello59.

Thats a great idea, the man with the mic at e.r should have true hibs tunes pumping until ten minutes before, let us create a better atmosphere.

Riordans Boots
21-06-2010, 07:35 PM
What part should a DJ and music play at Easter Road?

Here G - your doin a lot of duplicates the day :greengrin :greengrin

renato
21-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Would rather nothing bar Hibs songs leading up to kick off but the main thing they need to do is stop playing bloody music afer we score :brickwall

Whoever started that trend should be shot, it's awful.

WindyMiller
21-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Surely a few records at half-time (supplied by Bandparts) should be enough.
Val Doonican was very popular, back in the day.:agree:

:grr:

Hermit Crab
21-06-2010, 08:13 PM
The current music played at some home games is utter Tom Kite. Needs changing

Jonnyboy
21-06-2010, 10:11 PM

Nail hit firmly on the head :agree:

IWasThere2016
21-06-2010, 10:32 PM
I think a large part of his remit is missing above - that is Yam goading :agree:

He should be allowed to tell jokes about them, play p-taking songs etc. :greengrin

Diclonius
21-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I've always thought that the excerpt at around 7:15 on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-TZwV-D9fk&feature=related should be played whenever Hibs score.

Sends shivers down my spine. And no, I'm not a ned, I swear.

.Sean.
21-06-2010, 10:50 PM
I think Adagio for Strings not long before the teams come out for a big match would be cracking. Imagine a sell-out versus Hearts, that tune reverberating around the stadium. That would get you pumped!

'Hibees..... Make some noise!'

I imagine a wee mix-up of the guitar/basslines of Club Foot, Underdog and Vlad the Impaler wouldn't be too shabby either.

Wouldn't mind seeing a return for Teenage Kicks aswell. But please god no more r'n'b garbage, Cheryl Cole pish etc, it's embarassing at a football match.

Always been envious of The Skids getting blasted at EEP. What a tune. I'm surprised teams with a United in their name haven't really adopted Sham 69's 'If The Kids Are United' as that would go down well, wouldn't fit in at ER however.

Removed
21-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Would rather nothing bar Hibs songs leading up to kick off but the main thing they need to do is stop playing bloody music afer we score :brickwall

Whoever started that trend should be shot, it's awful.

:agree:

But about Hibs songs - imo we really don't actually have that many real Hibs songs recorded to play, GGTTH, Hibernian give us a goal, Turnbulls Tornadoes, Hibs Heroes then we are using Proclaimers songs or topical songs for players as we did with Teenage Kicks a few years ago. IMO that Evergreen CD is pretty gash and actually quite embarrasing at times.

I have one on my ipod and I have no idea who recorded it or where I got it from but it's to the tune of The Wild Rover. Very topical with europe on the horizon, easy lyrics and good tune. Anyone know the band and if they have more Hibs songs recorded? Lyrics are:

:singing:
We've played teams all over for many's a year
From Liege to Athens you've got the Hibs cheer
Foreign shores we're bound for, our passports in pack
Lock up your daughters, the Hibees are back

And it's Edinburgh Hibees
And the Hibees are here
And it's Europe we'll rover
And drink all your beer

Moggas the boss now the one with the clout
From Milan to Marseille we'll knock you all out
We're mental and crazy, we do it wi class
We're Edinburgh's finest, we're Hibees ya bass

And the Hibees are here
And drink all your beer

Songs will be learned and new friends be made
You'll tell all your grand kids of Hibees, you played
So Europe get ready to party all night
We could bring the Jambos but they're ****in *****

And the Hibees are here
And drink all your beer

:scarf:

steviecarnie
21-06-2010, 11:39 PM
its very american but always loved Sirius- Allen Parsons Project as an entrance theme, i know they use it at chicago bulls and superbowls

Cameron1875
22-06-2010, 12:04 AM
It might be a bit much but what the heck. How about this before hearts, old firm and european games :cool2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdTBml4oOZ8

If the players can't be inspired by this then nothing will work.

SteveHFC
22-06-2010, 12:12 AM
This Is The One - Stone Roses :dunno:

(((Fergus)))
22-06-2010, 12:38 AM

Minimum. Ideally no music. DJ can read out half time and full time scores.

Brizo
22-06-2010, 07:27 AM
None or the bare minimum. Wheres that guy from Bandparts nowadays. He used to play a couple of records at 1/2 time at a moderate sound level and leave the fans to provide the atmosphere pre kick off with our own songs.

None its puerile pop blasted out at death metal sound levels before kick off and at 1/2 time drowning out any attempts by the fans to sing. Which imo is the whole point of the exercise across all UK grounds. The skysation and sanitisation of UK fitba whereby any swearie or politically incorrect songs are drowned out by pop p@sh.

Ritchie
22-06-2010, 08:04 AM
I think Adagio for Strings not long before the teams come out for a big match would be cracking. Imagine a sell-out versus Hearts, that tune reverberating around the stadium. That would get you pumped!

'Hibees..... Make some noise!'

I imagine a wee mix-up of the guitar/basslines of Club Foot, Underdog and Vlad the Impaler wouldn't be too shabby either.

Wouldn't mind seeing a return for Teenage Kicks aswell. But please god no more r'n'b garbage, Cheryl Cole pish etc, it's embarassing at a football match.

Always been envious of The Skids getting blasted at EEP. What a tune. I'm surprised teams with a United in their name haven't really adopted Sham 69's 'If The Kids Are United' as that would go down well, wouldn't fit in at ER however.

eeeewwww NUT!! thats what that jambo clown says at tynie! :jamboak:

one thing i will say though, we need someone exactly like the guy at tynie, he gets the fans going more than the guy at ER.

kaimendhibs
22-06-2010, 08:30 AM
This would get the place fired up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZyLiBxaQE

Holmesdale Hibs
22-06-2010, 08:50 AM
They should play Hibs songs up until kick-off and at half time. A bit of chat and info about tickets for the next game is ok. The Hibs DJ is generally ok and our music is better than most other clubs.

They should NOT, under any circumstances, do the following

1) Play music just after we score.
2) Say the players first name and have the crowd shout out the second.
3) Shout 'make some noise'.

Darth Hibbie
22-06-2010, 08:50 AM
I'd suggest a bit of this after deeks has thundered one into the back of the net. :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGJTCRmjW9o

Phil MaGlass
22-06-2010, 09:57 AM
They should stop playing music atleast 2-3 minutes before the game so the fans can get singing and generate some noise, I get annoyed when music is being played directly upto the KO, you cant build up a head of steam.

.Sean.
22-06-2010, 06:44 PM
:agree:

But about Hibs songs - imo we really don't actually have that many real Hibs songs recorded to play, GGTTH, Hibernian give us a goal, Turnbulls Tornadoes, Hibs Heroes then we are using Proclaimers songs or topical songs for players as we did with Teenage Kicks a few years ago. IMO that Evergreen CD is pretty gash and actually quite embarrasing at times.

I have one on my ipod and I have no idea who recorded it or where I got it from but it's to the tune of The Wild Rover. Very topical with europe on the horizon, easy lyrics and good tune. Anyone know the band and if they have more Hibs songs recorded? Lyrics are:

We've played teams all over for many's a year
From Liege to Athens you've got the Hibs cheer
Foreign shores we're bound for, our passports in pack
Lock up your daughters, the Hibees are back

And the Hibees are here
And drink all your beer

Moggas the boss now the one with the clout
From Milan to Marseille we'll knock you all out
We're mental and crazy, we do it wi class
We're Edinburgh's finest, we're Hibees ya bass

And the Hibees are here
And drink all your beer

Songs will be learned and new friends be made
You'll tell all your grand kids of Hibees, you played
So Europe get ready to party all night
We could bring the Jambos but they're ****in *****

And the Hibees are here
And drink all your beer

:scarf:
Change it to this...

''Yogi's in charge now, we're in wi' a shout,
From Milan to Marseille, we'll knock you all out,
We're mental, we're crazy, we do it wi' class,
We're Edinburgh's finest, we're Hibees ya bas,
Na na na na na, na na na na na,
Na na na na na, na na na na na,
Na na na na na, na na na na na''

Somebody add the last line??

Removed
22-06-2010, 07:43 PM
They should play Hibs songs up until kick-off and at half time. A bit of chat and info about tickets for the next game is ok. The Hibs DJ is generally ok and our music is better than most other clubs.

They should NOT, under any circumstances, do the following

1) Play music just after we score.
2) Say the players first name and have the crowd shout out the second.
3) Shout 'make some noise'.

What are all these Hibs songs people keep posting about. I must be missing something :confused:

Hainan Hibs
22-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Have some music on pre match but stop it 10 minutes before kick off. And no pop pish that kills any atmosphere.

Also get an announcer with a less nippy voice.

LancashireHibby
22-06-2010, 09:01 PM
It might be a bit much but what the heck. How about this before hearts, old firm and european games :cool2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdTBml4oOZ8

If the players can't be inspired by this then nothing will work.

Could certainly go along with that, but with somebody singing it live rather than just playing the track - they've had a guy do it at a few Super League fans and it just brings the crowd to their feet with a massive roar as the players come out of the tunnel as the song finishes.

RIP
23-06-2010, 08:53 AM
For the Pre-Match Warm-Up the consensus seems to be:-

Ten minutes to go - leave it to the crowd to sing
Previous 10 minutes - Hibs/Proclaimers songs to singalong to
Previous to that - stirring build-up music - not Easy Listening, RnB, Chart, Pop or DJ Chat

Theme music for player walk-out - yes or no?

Phil D. Rolls
23-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Have some music on pre match but stop it 10 minutes before kick off. And no pop pish that kills any atmosphere.

Also get an announcer with a less nippy voice.

This "beat" music is the devil's work, and has no place in our society. :agree:

I believe the DJ should play the part of a slack jawed cretin. He could possibly organise half time entertainment for our intellectually challenged fans, such as having four year olds attempting to run 50 yards in 10 seconds.

Supporters would be encouraged to try and remember the sequence of numbers by following his count down. He would then shout "are y'all ready for this", and play Sunshine on Leith.

He would wear a Lyle and Scott jumper (supplied by the club), love his old mum, and know squat about football.

Any candidate who could read out the teams in an inomprehensible voice would receive favourable treatment. To my mind there can only be one candidate for the job.

Holmesdale Hibs
23-06-2010, 10:00 AM
What are all these Hibs songs people keep posting about. I must be missing something :confused:

Something from this or the Proclaimers

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hibernian-FC-Glory-Hibees/dp/B0000241BM

RIP
23-06-2010, 10:26 PM

Yup - probably about 15 good songs (Proclaimers included) in the singalongaHibs catalog

Removed
23-06-2010, 10:29 PM

:bitchy: 2/3 of those are pish imo. Embarrasing songs

Riordans Boots
23-06-2010, 10:41 PM
For the Pre-Match Warm-Up the consensus seems to be:-

Ten minutes to go - leave it to the crowd to sing
Previous 10 minutes - Hibs/Proclaimers songs to singalong to
Previous to that - stirring build-up music - not Easy Listening, RnB, Chart, Pop or DJ Chat

Theme music for player walk-out - yes or no?

I like the thought of that G but canny think of an appropriate song/tune ....

Ryan91
23-06-2010, 10:46 PM
why not have a fan who volunteers each week and stands in the centre circle before kick off and gets the crowd to go quiet then make a huge amount of noise similar to what is done in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fotmpIa0-EQ)

Thigh ar la
23-06-2010, 11:45 PM
the d.j can do what he likes until about 7 mins before the game and then its left to the crowd as its should be!

kaimendhibs
24-06-2010, 10:04 AM
or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K56soYl0U1w

Holmesdale Hibs
24-06-2010, 12:42 PM
:bitchy: 2/3 of those are pish imo. Embarrasing songs

Fair enough but there is enough songs on there to play something decent.

Re music when we come out the tunnel: definitely not.

sleeping giant
24-06-2010, 12:56 PM
I would get rid all together.
Drives me nuts sometimes:grr:

McKenzie
24-06-2010, 03:47 PM
The players should walk out to Sunshine on Leith :agree:
just seeing a wall of green and white scarves up :notworthy:

marinello59
24-06-2010, 04:24 PM
The players should walk out to Sunshine on Leith :agree:
just seeing a wall of green and white scarves up :notworthy:

I love the song at the right time and place but I feel it actually kills atmosphere when it is used pre-match.

Phil D. Rolls
24-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I love the song at the right time and place but I feel it actually kills atmosphere when it is used pre-match.

Something that seems to be lost on a lot of people, including our match day host.:agree:

Hainan Hibs
24-06-2010, 04:43 PM
SoL is good for the big occasions but it would lose it's effect if played at every game, I don't think even SoL will get ER pumped up for a mid week clash against St Mirren or Hamilton:greengrin

heretoday
24-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Get rid of the DJ altogether and hand out free vuvuzelas at the turnstiles instead.

Play Proclaimers before and at half-time but no music after goals please. There is no need for that.

Ryan91
24-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Get rid of the DJ altogether and hand out free vuvuzelas at the turnstiles instead.

Play Proclaimers before and at half-time but no music after goals please. There is no need for that.

No vuvu's please, they're just an iritating drone and do nothing for the atmosphere, I can understand it being used at the World Cup in South Africa, but not here at home, no thank you.

new malkyhib
24-06-2010, 08:22 PM
They should play this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUKze6da7Uo

"Give it to the winger, all the crowd's a singer". Sheer class...

Up the Slade!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
25-06-2010, 03:26 PM
No vuvu's please, they're just an iritating drone and do nothing for the atmosphere, I can understand it being used at the World Cup in South Africa, but not here at home, no thank you.

Besides, could we tell the difference from what we have at the moment?:greengrin