20-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Can we get him please Rod?
Top performance there.
Wasn't he a St Johnstone reject?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Top performance there.

He was immense tonight. Very shaky first 20mins v Slovakia tho :duck:, probably nerves.

steviecarnie
20-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Their wee winger Bertos was good too i thought - very much of the ivan mould. Pacy and direct.

Ed De Gramo
20-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Top performance there.

Did you see him in the first game?....i'll stick with Brown, Stack & Smith all the same....

heidtheba
20-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Did you see him in the first game?....i'll stick with Brown, Stack & Smith all the same....

Ah..no I didn't
darn there goes my career as an ER talent scout:boo hoo:

heretoday
20-06-2010, 04:26 PM
2 great saves kept the Italians out.

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2010, 04:30 PM
The centre forward who scored, is it smeltz or something similar? . Someone who posts here, forget his name, from over in kiwi land got in touch with hibs about him.

sleeping giant
20-06-2010, 06:23 PM
The centre forward who scored, is it smeltz or something similar? . Someone who posts here, forget his name, from over in kiwi land got in touch with hibs about him.

Stevo i think.

Reaper
20-06-2010, 08:23 PM

It's worth a shot though cos if Yogi doesn't hurry up, he might not sign a Keeper at all in this Transfer Window.

Speedy
20-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Stevo i think.

Correct

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?127683-Hibs-Chief-Scout-responds-to-my-e-mail-about-NZ-player

Edit: Just gave it a wee bump

Kaiser1962
21-06-2010, 12:00 AM
The centre half......................................

Iain G
21-06-2010, 04:59 AM
Hoi, hands off our Pastie...oh wait... :greengrin

Paston had a great season having been 2nd choice behind Glen Moss for the Nix last season, has really come into his own this year for club and country.

Bertos flatters to decive half the time and the Hibs crowd would get on his back anyway :wink:

There are a few Kiwi's who could play in the SPL IMHO while Winston Reid is being touted for a move to Serie A at present.

God I'm tired, stupid 2am kick off time...

lyonhibs
21-06-2010, 05:24 AM
There will be a few NZ players getting their big moves after this WC imo :agree: :agree:

Steve-O
21-06-2010, 07:17 AM
The centre half......................................

Aye, the boy Nelsen could probably do a job in the SPL :wink:

Paston is ok, but sort of reminds me of Bryan Gunn in that he is slow to move his feet sometimes. Still, possibly Man of the Match v Italy to be fair!

And yes, it was me who suggested Hibs sign Smeltz, nearly 2 years ago only to be brushed off by Mixu's chief scout who said he didn't really see anything exceptional in him, was too old (26) and couldn't get a UK visa (has a UK passport!)...:rolleyes:

Bertos is ok, but think about Tony Rougier and you'd come close to imagining what he is like! Great when he's on fire, abysmal when not! Puts in some great crosses but sometimes is infuriating with his final ball, and as for finishing off chances...:faint: