PDA

View Full Version : World Cup - French Squad refuse to train

Barney McGrew
20-06-2010, 02:48 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/france/7841810/World-Cup-2010-France-squad-refuse-to-train.html

Mental :faf:

steviehfc
20-06-2010, 02:52 PM
The French team are now refusing to train according to the BBC.
And the English think they have it bad. :tee hee:

JohnnyHibby
20-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Fitness coach been sent home now afer spat with Evra.......

Hibernian Verse
20-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Fitness coach been sent home now afer spat with Evra.......

From what I've read on the Telegraph it seems as though he was saying that Evra shouldn't be training today and Domenech disagreed so he walked off.

Domenech should just leave and let the players enjoy the last game.

Steve-O
20-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Sacre bleu!

Lofarl
20-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Want to bet on the Irish Fa yet again saying they should have the French's place?

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2010, 02:57 PM
They need to bring John Collins in, he'd galvanise the squad, and bring harmony back to the team. :devil:

Steve-O
20-06-2010, 03:01 PM
They need to bring John Collins in, he'd galvanise the squad, and bring harmony back to the team. :devil:

He also knows a fitness coach who could replace the one that's walked out...:agree:

Bayern Bru
20-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Want to bet on the Irish Fa yet again saying they should have the French's place?

At least they might have provided more entertainment than the French. And most importantly, goals.

Not that the Irish haven't been exempt from World Cup shenanigans i.e. Keane in 2002.

Hibs On Tour
20-06-2010, 04:33 PM
At least they would have tried a leg - that last game was an embarrassment for anyone French - at least it should have been! By all accounts their coach is a twat so maybe it wasn't necessarily Anelka who was out of line? Don't agree that the tail should be wagging the dog but maybe he said what the rest were thinking? Clear that there are big problems between the staff and team at least with this latest revalation. Can see them getting beat last game [but predicted a 2-0 win for them] at this rate. No loss on their showing thus far.

Some wilderness years ahead for Les Bleus perhaps?

HibbyAndy
20-06-2010, 04:43 PM
I knew there was summit not quite right after the 1st game.

Cisse top goalscorer in Greece finds himself on the bench, The subs warming up looked like they couldnt give a toss either way if they got on or not.

Dominech looked like a man going through the motions in there loss to Urugauy, Its not rocket science to know not all is well in the French camp, France IMO are finished for a good few years as a nation that will compete for major honours, Bit like Italy too, Lost to many good players at the same time.

Bayern Bru
20-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Didn't Uruguay and France draw? D'you mean Mexico, Andy? :wink:

Agree with everything else you said though :agree:

HibbyAndy
20-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Didn't Uruguay and France draw? D'you mean Mexico, Andy? :wink:

Agree with everything else you said though :agree:

Sorry mate, Yeah Mexico :aok:

ChrissyG1875
20-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I knew there was summit not quite right after the 1st game.

Cisse top goalscorer in Greece finds himself on the bench, The subs warming up looked like they couldnt give a toss either way if they got on or not.

Dominech looked like a man going through the motions in there loss to Urugauy, Its not rocket science to know not all is well in the French camp, France IMO are finished for a good few years as a nation that will compete for major honours, Bit like Italy too, Lost to many good players at the same time.

No chance. Blanc will do a good job. Bordeaux have played some magnificent football over the last few years and I believe he'll get the best out of the young players, which is important for us now.

Peevemor
20-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Domenech wasn't happy that the Anelka story was leaked to the press.

He said today that these things happen and should stay in the changing room. He added that it was up to him as manager to deal with it and he did, ie. he told Anelka he wasn't playing the second half.

It was the FFF who took the decision to bin Anelka and as a protest the players, with the backing of Domenech, refused to take part in today's public training session - instead they simply signed autographs for the assembled fans.

Domenech was supporting his players by sticking up for Evra and having words with the fitness coach.

sahib
20-06-2010, 05:40 PM
How long before someone on here blames Michael Stewart or Rob Jones?

Peevemor
20-06-2010, 05:40 PM
No chance. Blanc will do a good job. Bordeaux have played some magnificent football over the last few years and I believe he'll get the best out of the young players, which is important for us now.

He certainly won't put up with the crap that Domenech has (which is his own fault).

steviehfc
20-06-2010, 05:47 PM
How long before someone on here blames Michael Stewart or Rob Jones?I blame Petrie :grr:

seanraff07
20-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Domenech is a shocking manager and can't believe he's still there.

Blanc sould have been appointed before the WC not after it.