PDA

View Full Version : NHC Jules Rimet Trophy

hibsbollah
19-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Am I right in thinking that the Jules Rimet trophy was 'awarded' to Brazil after they won it 3 times?

mglancy23
19-06-2010, 09:05 AM
yeah! after they won it in 1970

CropleyWasGod
19-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Am I right in thinking that the Jules Rimet trophy was 'awarded' to Brazil after they won it 3 times?

Yup.

Not sure about whether the same will apply to the current one. Italy, Brazil, Argentina and Germany/West Germany have all won it twice.

hibsbollah
19-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Yup.

Not sure about whether the same will apply to the current one. Italy, Brazil, Argentina and Germany/West Germany have all won it twice.

That was what we were discussing last night. If this years winner comes from the teams above, i wonder if they'll be permanently awarded the current 'arm holding melon covered in custard' trophy? Or maybe no-one would want it.

H18sry
19-06-2010, 09:17 AM
That was what we were discussing last night. If this years winner comes from the teams above, i wonder if they'll be permanently awarded the current 'arm holding melon covered in custard' trophy? Or maybe no-one would want it.

Oh they all want it you can be sure of that :wink:

heretoday
19-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Does that mean Hibs can keep the League Cup?

Aw pleese can we keep it!

CraigK
19-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Jules Rimet Trophy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Rimet_Trophy#Jules_Rimet_Trophy)

According to Wiki the original was stolen in the 80's and has never been recovered and that the current one can't be won outright: "FIFA's regulations now state that the trophy, unlike its predecessor, cannot be won outright: the winners of the tournament receive a replica which is gold plated rather than solid gold"

Ryan91
19-06-2010, 09:37 AM
The current trophy will not be held in perpetuity if a team win it 3 times.

hibsbollah
19-06-2010, 09:46 AM
According to Wiki the original was stolen in the 80's and has never been recovered

Now that would be worth investing in a metal detector for:agree: Imagine re-finding the Jules Rimet trophy:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
19-06-2010, 09:48 AM

What if England win it three times?

:dunno:

:greengrin

hibsbollah
19-06-2010, 09:50 AM
What if England win it three times?

:dunno:

:greengrin

They would re-cast it in donkey excrement in the shape of a flying pig:greengrin

Hibs On Tour
19-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Now that would be worth investing in a metal detector for:agree: Imagine re-finding the Jules Rimet trophy:greengrin

Pah! Metal detectors! All you need is a dog called Pickles...

Phil D. Rolls
19-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Pah! Metal detectors! All you need is a dog called Pickles...

Anyone else reckon it was his owner wot stole it first?:confused:

Hibs On Tour
19-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Anyone else reckon it was his owner wot stole it first?:confused:

:agree: 'Cos the first thing I'd do is throw it away after choring it! And of course him having thoughtfully trained his dog to sniff out football trophies...

jgl07
19-06-2010, 08:12 PM
It recently came to light that the European Cup was lost in the 1980s.

Aston Villa had won the cup in 1982 and couple of the players took it down to the pub to show their mates. They got engrossed in a game of darts and failed to notice that the cup had been stolen.

It eventually showed up in Sheffield where it was taken to the police station. The officers on duty arranged a four a side indoor match and the winning team were awarded the cup.

HibbyAndy
19-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Nae mention of the dug that buried it and lost it i notice :wink:

Jack
20-06-2010, 12:04 AM
There are/were very strong rumours that the Jules Rimet trophy has been melted down.
Shame really as I was very good at drawing it and won a prize in primary school for one such piece of artwork.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2010, 12:10 AM
It recently came to light that the European Cup was lost in the 1980s.

Aston Villa had won the cup in 1982 and couple of the players took it down to the pub to show their mates. They got engrossed in a game of darts and failed to notice that the cup had been stolen.

It eventually showed up in Sheffield where it was taken to the police station. The officers on duty arranged a four a side indoor match and the winning team were awarded the cup.

Bulldust.

It is currently hiding in a vault in a bank in Kaunas.

It belongs to them in perpetuity, as the security against a £35m debt.

:cool2: