PDA

View Full Version : Fan gets in to England dressing room

blueisthecolour
18-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Very slack security, should never have happened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8749232.stm

Lofarl
18-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Why are you here posting all Engerland stuff. You have never came here when during other world cup teams or are you just mad that your other team didnae win :agree::agree:

blueisthecolour
18-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Why are you here posting all Engerland stuff. You have never came here when during other world cup teams or are you just mad that your other team didnae win :agree::agree:

Is England not the talking point at the moment?

My other team, I only have one team Rangers, Im no England fan don't bother when they win don't bother when they lose.

The posts ive made is just contributing to the message board you don't have to read my post if that annoys you.

Sir David Gray
18-06-2010, 10:46 PM
The guy was probably only wanting to ask Capello if he could get a game up front next week against Slovenia! :greengrin

blueisthecolour
18-06-2010, 10:50 PM
The guy was probably only wanting to ask Capello if he could get a game up front next week against Slovenia! :greengrin

He might even have got a game.

Joking aside, This was a serious breech of security, both Prince William and Harry had just left the dressing room, so you would think the security would be very tight around this area.

matty_f
18-06-2010, 11:02 PM

Joking aside, This was a serious breech of security, both Prince William and Harry had just left the dressing room, so you would think the security would be very tight around this area.

William and Harry could probably have afforded to improve the security themselves, if tax-dodging fitba teams paid their dues.:agree:

Pete
18-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't blame the fan at all.
The amount of times I've felt like going into our dressing room and telling them exactly what I've thought of them and showing them how much I've spent on watching such heartless displays.

It's not right but they must be so frustrated and if the opportunity arose for that guy then he was right to take it. Nothing physical just telling them what he thought and what he was all about.

If he was having a go at Beckham as some people report then he was slightly misguided. If he was on the pitch then I'm pretty certain the outcome might have been different.

matty_f
18-06-2010, 11:07 PM
I don't blame the fan at all.
The amount of times I've felt like going into our dressing room and telling them exactly what I've thought of them and showing them how much I've spent on watching such heartless displays.

It's not right but they must be so frustrated and if the opportunity arose for that guy then he was right to take it. Nothing physical just telling them what he thought and what he was all about.

If he was having a go at Beckham as some people report then he was slightly misguided. If he was on the pitch then I'm pretty certain the outcome might have been different.

I think you have to blame the fan, really. There's loads of times we'd all have liked to have had our say to the players, but at the end of the day we know we're not allowed to, and the players shouldn't have to expect that either.

Pete
18-06-2010, 11:24 PM
I think you have to blame the fan, really. There's loads of times we'd all have liked to have had our say to the players, but at the end of the day we know we're not allowed to, and the players shouldn't have to expect that either.

You're correct that it's not allowed but the England players are, in reality, detatched from the fans regardless of how Rooney reacts.

To actually get the chance to tell them in person how you feel so soon after seeing that display, knowing how much money you have spent getting out there! It's a one off and will never happen again.

The players don't expect that and I think that was the point. A real foot soldier telling them in person, in their own little comfort zone how a fan feels to watch them after a heartless, disorganised display.

It's not about the security issue as that could have been a nutter with a gun but there's something about fans invading these superstars comfortable little world that I approve of.
They shouldn't have been too harsh on that guy because as they say...they rely on us. Therefore they should take notice and show respect when one of the fans speaks to them regrdless of the circumstances.

ballengeich
19-06-2010, 12:12 AM

Are you sure the fan wasn't one of the princes?

hibiedude
19-06-2010, 05:14 AM
England are the most overated team in world football

As for Rooney the fans have every right to boo the England team- they have spent thousands of pound to go the world cup even the english media are catching on at last because they now know like the rest of us that England are going to win nowt.

hibee4life1983
19-06-2010, 05:31 AM
BITC, why dont u just stick to the huns fan forums??

Sent by me whilst in belfast for a stagg do!

marinello59
19-06-2010, 06:29 AM
It wasn't James Corden attempting to boost morale with more "hilarious" banter was it?

Phil D. Rolls
19-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I remember being at Falkirk for a friendly with Ajax. After taking abuse from a supporter for the best part of an hour, Yogi finally went into the stand and invited this fud to do better. After ten minutes looking like a plonker, the loud mouth got the message that he knew ***** all about management.

I hope the England players treated this show off with the contempt he deserved. Spectators have one choice, watch the game or not. To have the arrogance to think the game is about what they think is both stupid and disrespectful.

Sure talk about it with your mates, but don't go making a monkey of yourself by pretending the players owe you something.

Phil D. Rolls
19-06-2010, 08:32 AM
BITC, why dont u just stick to the huns fan forums??

Sent by me whilst in belfast for a stagg do!

Are you in Belfast? My, that must be an exciting time for you. Good of you to tell us what you're up to. We really care, honest. :rolleyes:

Why not leave the guy alone? He'll take plenty abuse about his team, but on a neutral subject I think he deserves a bit more respect.

Hope you're having a good time at your stagg do.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-06-2010, 09:05 AM
isnt it fantastic when Ingerland f*** up! :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
19-06-2010, 09:07 AM
England are the most overated team in world football

AYE:agree:

last 16 is as far as they go (if that)

heretoday
19-06-2010, 09:28 AM
England management should capture this guy and get him on board.

Apart from Gerrard he's the only Englishman so far to breach a defence in South Africa!