PDA

View Full Version : Rooney in a huff with fans

blueisthecolour
18-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Did anyone see Rooney speaking in to the camera say nice to see our own fans boo us as they were leaving the pitch, I don't agree with fans booing there players but these fans have paid a lot of money to watch that performance, it's no surprise they were booing.

Maybe he was actually saying nice of Bougherra letting me out of his back pocket:wink:

LancashireHibby
18-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Thought the fans were completely justified, and it just goes further to enhance the theory of modern day footballers being completely removed from the world of us mere mortals.

Jack
18-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Got a len eh couple o quid mate? Her Majestys Loyal Tax Inspectors is efter me.

Jim44
18-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Did anyone see Rooney speaking in to the camera say nice to see our own fans boo us as they were leaving the pitch, I don't agree with fans booing there players but these fans have paid a lot of money to watch that performance, it's no surprise they were booing.

Maybe he was actually saying nice of Bougherra letting me out of his back pocket:wink:

Bougherra..............is that the guy who used to play for Rangers? What's a Rangers supporter doing on a Hibs board discussing an England issue? :confused:

Gatecrasher
18-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Thought the fans were completely justified, and it just goes further to enhance the theory of modern day footballers being completely removed from the world of us mere mortals.

it must cost a fortune to go around the world to SA for these people and during a recession it must be harder than ever, the players need to realise this :agree:

Lofarl
18-06-2010, 10:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vLWMRCyrFU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vLWMRCyrFU)

Pete
18-06-2010, 10:08 PM
If you shove cameras and mikes into players faces only a few seconds after the final whistle what do you expect?

Rooney is only human and shouldn't be hauled over the coals for that.

He should be dropped though. He's done nothing in the last couple of games and was dropping far too deep to try and collect the ball...which wasn't his job....therefore disrupting the shape of the team.

He was frustrated and England need to go 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 if Rooney is to be accomodated as he's not getting any service.

Hibercelona
18-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Rooney's a fud.

"Nice to see the home fans boo ya"

Aye

"Nice to see people like you getting paid ridiculous amounts of money for F all" :bye:

Peevemor
18-06-2010, 10:12 PM
If you shove cameras and mikes into players faces only a few seconds after the final whistle what do you expect?

He should be dropped though. He's done nothing in the last couple of games and was dropping far too deep to try and collect the ball...which wasn't his job....therefore disrupting the shape of the team.

He was frustrated and England need to go 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 if Rooney is to be accomodated as he's not getting any service.

:agree: At least he cares what the fans think.

Bayern Bru
18-06-2010, 10:15 PM
The fans booed him after one poor game?

He'd never have made it at Hibs. :wink:

I wonder, also, if there's a lot of expectation placed on Rooney, i.e. that he's the 'talisman' for England. Heavy weight to carry if so - in other teams, talismanic figures such as Messi or Forlán are supported well by the rest of the team. England lack that team spirit mentality, IMO.

blueisthecolour
18-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Bougherra..............is that the guy who used to play for Rangers? What's a Rangers supporter doing on a Hibs board discussing an England issue? :confused:

Still does:wink:

Jonnyboy
18-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Hasn't Wayne worked out that he's not in England? Home fans booing? South African fans booing England, whatever next :greengrin

Pete
18-06-2010, 10:21 PM
:agree: At least he cares what the fans think.

I think it does show that he isn't as detatched as some would make all these players out to be.

Off on a tangent but I watched that James Corden/John Terry interview on ITV four and it explained a lot.

Terry openly said that they are scared of Capello and he keeps his distance in nearly every sense.
To me that's no way to manage an international team. It might work in club football where you work with the players on a day-to-day basis and you gradually learn to respect this model.
If you only meet up periodically under these circumstances how can you buy into this?
All you will have is fear without the trust and it's showing on the park.

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-06-2010, 10:32 PM

:agree:

England would be better off playing HOOFBALL up to the big freak Crouch. They're best bet of scoring at the moment.

Pete
18-06-2010, 10:41 PM

England would be better off playing HOOFBALL up to the big freak Crouch. They're best bet of scoring at the moment.

The irony is that Crouch doesn't do hoofball even though he is the tallest in the team. He's probably the best with his feet and the most comfortable with the ball out of the lot of them.

He needs decent service...on the deck or in the air...and he will deliver.

the way the midfield is right now he's better just saving face, distancing himself from the whole thing and jetting off home!

Jack
18-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Goan big man jist a couple o quid.

basehibby
18-06-2010, 10:54 PM
I think he says " nice to see yer own fans boo ya" - his team was pretty unimpressive but he's maybe got a point - the engerlund fans and media are always the same - they get themselves worked up into such a state of arrogant expectation that they think they're going to steamroller everybody and when they don't the dummy's get spat out.

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-06-2010, 11:00 PM
I think he says " nice to see yer own fans boo ya" - his team was pretty unimpressive but he's maybe got a point - the engerlund fans and media are always the same - they get themselves worked up into such a state of arrogant expectation that they think they're going to steamroller everybody and when they don't the dummy's get spat out.

The main reason why non English fans are happy to see them fail, the media that is. When you have the likes of Kevin Keegan predicting a 4-1 win over the USA. When they proclaim after that match, that was their hardest game of the group over. When they still stay, we only have to beat Slovenia and we'll qualify for the next round.

I just wish Ian Wright was one of the pundits, he was always good for a laugh. :greengrin

Pete
18-06-2010, 11:08 PM
The main reason why non English fans are happy to see them fail, the media that is. When you have the likes of Kevin Keegan predicting a 4-1 win over the USA. When they proclaim after that match, that was their hardest game of the group over. When they still stay, we only have to beat Slovenia and we'll qualify for the next round.

I just wish Ian Wright was one of the pundits, he was always good for a laugh. :greengrin

He makes cameo appearances on Talksport nowadays and is always good value.

He can't help but go overboard about England or Arsenal. Too hot and too many sweary words for live punditry:greengrin

matty_f
18-06-2010, 11:09 PM

:top marks

1875godsgift
19-06-2010, 12:59 AM
The irony is that Crouch doesn't do hoofball even though he is the tallest in the team. He's probably the best with his feet and the most comfortable with the ball out of the lot of them.

He needs decent service...on the deck or in the air...and he will deliver.

the way the midfield is right now he's better just saving face, distancing himself from the whole thing and jetting off home!
I thought to myself when he came on in the 80th minute or whenever, I doubt if I'll hear his name mentioned again and I was nearly right!
I think he touched the ball 2, maybe 3 times?
Mind you, I don't suppose there was many game changing options left on the bench.

Phil D. Rolls
19-06-2010, 07:05 AM

What was Eddie Turnbulll's nickname again? (Not the polite one, the one with two words - one of which was "off").

Geo_1875
19-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Maybe he could have just said sorry.

Part/Time Supporter
19-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Hasn't Wayne worked out that he's not in England? Home fans booing? South African fans booing England, whatever next :greengrin

At least 3/4 of the crowd was English. Effectively a home game, much more so than the first game where there were fair chunks of Yanks and locals. Probably a fair number of English tied in the Algeria game with a holiday as it was in Cape Town, whereas the first game was up country.

heretoday
19-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Rooney will be made to issue an apology over the next few days I'm sure. He's still got plenty of credits anyway having done well for England over the years.

It's the likes of Lampard who needs to get his head straight. He was awful and in the end couldn't take a corner properly.

The meeja are urging Capello to lighten up and allow the lads some drinking time before their Waterloo on Wednesday, not realising that to do that would be entirely alien to his philosophy and would just look stupid.

Mind you the hacks are probably hoping for some drunken swimming pool photo-action which they've been denied in recent years!

lyonhibs
19-06-2010, 09:19 AM
In all honesty, I'm surprised Rooney even knew where the camera was seeing as he spent practically the whole game - and I hate Der Hun by the way - in Bougherra's back pocket.

England were so, so, so turgid, unimaginative and gloriously non-threatening last night. I can't see where a goal is coming from if they play even half that bad against Slovenia.

I see David James was getting pissy about Algeria "setting out to make the game the dire spectacle it was" and saying he didn't have a shot to save.

How many serious efforts on goal from within 20 yards did England have? 2????

:dummytit::faf:

Captain Trips
19-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Yet again the fantasy bubble for the millionaires of football, having a go at some fans booing when the issue was in what they as players did, as per usual its down to everyone else but themselves for the results.

Hibs On Tour
19-06-2010, 10:08 AM

To be fair, he said "your own fans" not "home fans"... <pedant head removed once more> :nerd:

Phil D. Rolls
19-06-2010, 01:35 PM
ShockaRooney, the Wayne is taking the blame!

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2010, 03:10 PM
I think it does show that he isn't as detatched as some would make all these players out to be.

Off on a tangent but I watched that James Corden/John Terry interview on ITV four and it explained a lot.

Terry openly said that they are scared of Capello and he keeps his distance in nearly every sense.
To me that's no way to manage an international team. It might work in club football where you work with the players on a day-to-day basis and you gradually learn to respect this model.
If you only meet up periodically under these circumstances how can you buy into this?
All you will have is fear without the trust and it's showing on the park.Not read all this thread so dunno if this has been said.
You make a good point but IMO its almost the opposite from what your saying in that when when you see the players day-to-day it dose not work like it isnt now but his methods were working when there were only seeing each other for a week every few months during qualifing.

.Sean.
19-06-2010, 03:14 PM
"Nice to see yer 'ome fans boo ye, that's loyal supporters."

No Wayne, these guys have every bloody right to boo you.

''Home fans'' - Nope, i'm afraid they're not home fans. These guys have spent thousands of pounds of their hard-earned cash travelling thousands of miles to be treated to sub-standard pish from these so-called 'superstars'. The money they've spent is a massive amount to them, but I think Rooney is simply too thick to comprehend that as money won't be an issue for him.

As for his dig about loyalty... I think the fans have proved their loyalty by travelling all the way there and spending their cash, no? And he's got a cheek going on about loyalty after the way he went about his business when it became clear Man United were after him. Everton were his boyhood heroes apparantly, the club that brought him through as a player. You yourself showed immense loyalty there, didn't you Wayne? And was it loyalty you showed to your future wife when you were caught ****ging some auld slag?

I'm very happy England blew it last night, don't get me wrong. I'm raging on the fans' behalf, as a supporter I myself travel everywere spending thousands of pounds a season and if a Hibs player was to ever make such a remark I would be absolutely fuming.

Wayne Rooney = :asshole:

.Sean.
19-06-2010, 03:17 PM

steviehfc
19-06-2010, 03:17 PM

''Home fans'' - Nope, i'm afraid they're not home fans. These guys have spent thousands of pounds of their hard-earned cash travelling thousands of miles to be treated to sub-standard pish from these so-called 'superstars'. The money they've spent is a massive amount to them, but I think Rooney is simply too thick to comprehend that as money won't be an issue for him.

As for his dig about loyalty... I think the fans have proved their loyalty by travelling all the way there and spending their cash, no? And he's got a cheek going on about loyalty after the way he went about his business when it became clear Man United were after him. Everton were his boyhood heros apparantly, the club that brought him through as a player. You yourself showed immense loyalty there, didn't you Wayne? And was it loyalty you showed your future wife when you were caught ****ging some auld slag?

I'm very happy England blew it last night, don't get me wrong. I'm raging on the fans' behalf, as a supporter I myself travel everywere spending thousands of pounds a season and if a Hibs player was to ever make such a remark I would be absolutely fuming.

Wayne Rooney = :asshole::top marks Well said.

Gatecrasher
19-06-2010, 03:21 PM

As for his dig about loyalty... I think the fans have proved their loyalty by travelling all the way there and spending their cash, no? And he's got a cheek going on about loyalty after the way he went about his business when it became clear Man United were after him. Everton were his boyhood heroes apparantly, the club that brought him through as a player. You yourself showed immense loyalty there, didn't you Wayne? And was it loyalty you showed to your future wife when you were caught ****ging some auld slag?

Wayne Rooney = :asshole:

i was sure it was own rather than home fans

agree with what you say though

steviehfc
19-06-2010, 03:44 PM
i was sure it was own rather than home fans

agree with what you say thoughHaving listened to his little rant a few times now, it definitely sounds like he said "home fans" to me. :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Personally i'm as happy as a pig in sheite, rooneys upset, the rest of the players and manager are upset, and the fans are fuming. Happy days. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

steviecarnie
19-06-2010, 04:37 PM
IMO its capello's shocking tactics, Rooney has had his best season ever playing up front on his own, he plays that imposter Heskey instead of an more fluent 4-5-1. Yet it seems he is so stubborn to change things now.

I Bet the FA are now rethinking taking out his clause to leave after this WC.