PDA

View Full Version : The lets all laugh @ England Thread

iwasthere1972
18-06-2010, 09:02 PM
For performance enhancing drugs.

All players were found negative.

stokesmessiah
18-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I am sorry to do this and i know there is a few like-minded threads going on but i cant help myself. This is the same England who were wetting themselves at how easy their group is when drawn. They were absolutely shocking tonight, last night i watched the French sell their shirts and they were tripping over themselves to make jibes about them.......eh glass, houses, stones.

Also, as a sidenote i have to say i thought Algeria were brilliant tonight and as much as it pains me to say it, Bougherra for me was the MOM. He looked real classy, composed, great touch and some great passing out from the back. I Guess the good news for us in all of this is that i would be v surprised if he is lining up beside Davie "the cripple" Weir next season.

Kevvy1875
18-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Its all Fabio fault...

Fact.:agree:

iwasthere1972
18-06-2010, 09:06 PM
I am sorry to do this and i know there is a few like-minded threads going on but i cant help myself. This is the same England who were wetting themselves at how easy their group is when drawn. They were absolutely shocking tonight, last night i watched the French sell their shirts and they were tripping over themselves to make jibes about them.......eh glass, houses, stones.

Also, as a sidenote i have to say i thought Algeria were brilliant tonight and as much as it pains me to say it, Bougherra for me was the MOM. He looked real classy, composed, great touch and some great passing out from the back. I Guess the good news for us in all of this is that i would be v surprised if he is lining up beside Davie "the cripple" Weir next season.

Prince William mentioned something about a 10-0 scoreline. :devil:

stokesmessiah
18-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Its all Fabio fault...

Fact.:agree:

Correct, i have never seen a team play so within themselves as tonight....i think he has made some blinding gaffes. Am i right to say he is the best paid manager in the world???

Stew the Hibee
18-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Correct, i have never seen a team play so within themselves as tonight....i think he has made some blinding gaffes. Am i right to say he is the best paid manager in the world???
You are indeed, 4.8 million a year as a basic salary!

iwasthere1972
18-06-2010, 09:20 PM
You are indeed, 4.8 million a year as a basic salary!

Read that it is £6million a year and he still has two years of his contract to serve.

Possible £12million pay off after the Slovenia game.

stokesmessiah
18-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Read that it is £6million a year and he still has two years of his contract to serve.

Possible £12million pay off after the Slovenia game.

And we have had the cheek to moan about Yogi!!

Can someone help me out here as i have just realised i have totally missed any mention tonight of Milner, where/what has happened to him??

Dalkeith
18-06-2010, 09:29 PM
And we have had the cheek to moan about Yogi!!

Can someone help me out here as i have just realised i have totally missed any mention tonight of Milner, where/what has happened to him??

dropped

stokesmessiah
18-06-2010, 09:31 PM
dropped

silly

HibsMax
18-06-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm not even going to chuckle until Group C is over and the USofA are in the next round. England can still qualify with either a draw or a win, depending on USA vs Algeria. It's going to be a tough game but I hope "we" can beat the Algerians. At least we've scored 3 goals compared to their 0.

SidBurns
18-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm not even going to chuckle until Group C is over and the USofA are in the next round. England can still qualify with either a draw or a win, depending on USA vs Algeria. It's going to be a tough game but I hope "we" can beat the Algerians. At least we've scored 3 goals compared to their 0.

No they can't, E**land NEED to win :agree:

LancashireHibby
18-06-2010, 09:37 PM

If the Algeria-USA result goes their way then England can still qualify with a draw.

heretoday
18-06-2010, 09:39 PM
The thing is they'll probably beat Slovenia and qualify. They won't get much further though.

The team reflects the lack of homegrown talent at the top level in the English game.

Might be an idea to appoint a manager who speaks perfect English next time too!

HibsMax
18-06-2010, 09:40 PM

I am not sure of all the tie-breakers but if England draw they have 3 points. If the US draws they will also have 3 points. Both teams will have 0 goal difference and the head to head is a draw. Does it not go to most goals scored after that? If so, what if England has a 3-3 draw with Slovenia and the US draw with Algeria 0-0? That would mean both the US and England have 3 points. The US will have scored 3 goals and England will have scored 4. I suppose I need to look at the tie-breakers.

7Hero
18-06-2010, 09:41 PM
would think now mourinho is at real madrid he would be highest paid though.

iwasthere1972
18-06-2010, 09:42 PM
If the Algeria-USA result goes their way then England can still qualify with a draw.

If both games end in draws then England and USA would have same number of points and goal difference. Would England still qualify?

jakedance
18-06-2010, 09:44 PM
I think when you run through their team, player by player, they're just not very good.

The seeding system has flattered and helped England for the last few years.

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-06-2010, 09:45 PM

The only way England can automatically qualify with a draw is if they're game ends 3-3 and USA game 0-0, or 4-4 1-1 etc. If it's 2-2/0-0 etc it would be a draw of lots. Beats penalties.:wink:

CropleyWasGod
18-06-2010, 09:46 PM
If both games end in draws then England and USA would have same number of points and goal difference. Would England still qualify?

Would go to goals scored. At the moment, USA have scored 3 to England's 1.

Pete
18-06-2010, 09:46 PM
I am not sure of all the tie-breakers but if England draw they have 3 points. If the US draws they will also have 3 points. Both teams will have 0 goal difference and the head to head is a draw. Does it not go to most goals scored after that? If so, what if England has a 3-3 draw with Slovenia and the US draw with Algeria 0-0? That would mean both the US and England have 3 points. The US will have scored 3 goals and England will have scored 4. I suppose I need to look at the tie-breakers.

I think it will come down to goals scored.

I remember something mad happening in Englands group in the 1990 world cup where 3 teams from the group went through because some couldn't be separated. Might be wrong though.

CropleyWasGod
18-06-2010, 09:48 PM
I think it will come down to goals scored.

I remember something mad happening in Englands group in the 1990 world cup where 3 teams from the group went through because some couldn't be separated. Might be wrong though.

IIRC, in 1990 there were 24 teams in the competition. So, the 4 best third-placed teams went through.

Scotland weren't one of them.

SQHib
18-06-2010, 09:49 PM

how ? If England draw they will have 3 points so at best can finish second ( Slovenia will have 5 )
permutations for the other game - USa win - they go through with 5 points - Algeria win they go through with 4 points - a draw then USa and England tied on 3 points each comes down to goal diff which will be 0 as they have drawn 3 matches so it will then be goals scored and at the moment USA have scored 3 to Englands 1 so England need to draw 3 -3 assuming USa draw 0 -0 to qualitfy and 4 -4 if USa draw 1 - 1 etc ... its knock out stages 1 game eatry for England now is it not ?

Spike Mandela
18-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Keep your powder dry guys. If they beat Slovenia they will be back to being World Cup winners.

However we all know they are crap and we shoild enjoy the fallout.

As I speak talksport reporting irate fan broke in to England dressing room and confronted Beckham:greengrin:faf:

TRC
18-06-2010, 09:53 PM
|Thats just extracting the urine!

I'll get ma cape

TRC
18-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Last time England failed to qualify for a group stage at a WC as far as I can see it's 1954. there has been times they have not qualified

Hibercelona
18-06-2010, 10:16 PM
|Thats just extracting the urine!

I'll get ma cape

I heard they all "bottled it". :duck:

TheGreenMan
18-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Remember http://theoriginalwinger.com/2009-12-05-the-sun-uk-on-world-cup-draw-easy

Get it up them :agree:

Lofarl
18-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Classic

BEEJ
18-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Keep your powder dry guys. If they beat Slovenia they will be back to being World Cup winners.

However we all know they are crap and we shoild enjoy the fallout.
:agree:

I fully expect them to win next week and qualify from the group.

Then normal service will be restored wherein they are regarded as virtually certain winners of the tournament.:rolleyes:

NGH
18-06-2010, 11:02 PM
I'll wait until they are out before breaking into a grin thanks.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-06-2010, 11:36 PM
As bad as they were, leave the chuckling until they can't win the thing.

Hibbyradge
19-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Amid all the hilarity, how did Scotland get on? We're in no position to laugh at anyone.

Some of you guys must suffer from being premature.

England will win their next game and go through.

Haymaker
19-06-2010, 02:11 AM
The blame cannot be laid at Capello. The blame lies only with the EFA.

BroxburnHibee
19-06-2010, 05:43 AM
In '86 they had 1 point after 2 games and still made it to the quarters AND ended up having the tournaments top scorer.

Forgive me for not counting my chickens just yet.

I'll laugh at the English media for yet again building this average team up to greatness though. :tee hee:

WarringtonHibee
19-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Remember http://theoriginalwinger.com/2009-12-05-the-sun-uk-on-world-cup-draw-easy

Get it up them :agree:

Cheers for my new Facebook profile picture. :thumbsup:

Hahahaha.

brydekirk
19-06-2010, 06:28 AM
they are debating the next england manager already. harry rednap

hibsbollah
19-06-2010, 06:49 AM
The blame cannot be laid at Capello. The blame lies only with the EFA.

The English need a fall guy every 4 years. Graham Taylor's fault, Beckhams fault, McLarens fault, Sven's fault, now its Capello's turn.

God forbid the players arent actually as good as we're always being told.

Geo_1875
19-06-2010, 07:01 AM
I blame Rupert Murdoch. He's chucked so much money at the that English teams can pay excessive/obscene sums to "good" players. I mean, if you pay 120k a week to a Chelsea, Liverpool or Manchester (City or Utd) player, he must be 10 times better than some Algerian that nobodies ever heard of that only earns 12k a week at some 3rd rate French team. It stands to reason doesn't it?

howdenthehibby
19-06-2010, 07:04 AM
The English need a fall guy every 4 years. Graham Taylor's fault, Beckhams fault, McLarens fault, Sven's fault, now its Capello's turn.

Correct!While the English premiership is one of the best leagues in the world,its actually down to all the highly paid foriegners plying their trade at every club.How many of the current England team are the best players at their own clubs,possibly Gerard and Rooney,the rest are not even close.Any team with the likes of Heskey(are you Nade in disguise),deployed as a main striker cannot win the world cup,and as for the goalies:faf:

Part/Time Supporter
19-06-2010, 07:18 AM
I think when you run through their team, player by player, they're just not very good.

The seeding system has flattered and helped England for the last few years.

:agree:

As much as they would hate to admit it, Sven had them playing reasonably well for a while (up to about Euro 2004), which is why they have been seeded for the last couple of World Cups. They've been living off that since. I think they would have been struggling in France's group, for example. If you look at how badly they struggled against an organised but basically toothless Algeria, would they have done any better against Uruguay or Mexico?

In terms of qualifying this time, they were very lucky after the Euro 2008 disaster that they were then drawn against Croatia (who had replaced them as a #1 seed by winning that group) for the World Cup. They could have been drawn against Germany, Holland, Spain, etc. Croatia had come off a reasonable spell of form that got them into Euro 2008 and were clearly one of the weaker #1 seeds. Ukraine, who finished 2nd in the section, gave England two reasonable games. They got into the playoffs, but were beaten by Greece, who all the pundits have been hammering. All the patter about how brilliant England were in qualifying ignores the fact they were in quite a weak group.

BTW, if they don't win against Slovenia, they will be placing themselves in a bad position for future tournaments. I would doubt that they would be seeded for Euro 2012 given their failure to reach Euro 2008, and failure here would impact on the next World Cup. You also put into the mix that this is likely to be the last tournament for the "golden generation" (arf) and, more to the point, there are very few young English players coming through. Who was the last English youngster to really make an impression? Rooney???

As bad as they looked last night, this might still be their best chance to do well (if not actually win the thing) for a while.

Part/Time Supporter
19-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Last night's game was Algeria's first clean sheet in a World Cup match.

Congratulations!

:greengrin

heretoday
19-06-2010, 08:49 AM

You're right and the players themselves swallow the hype.

Because of the explosion in money in the English Prem guys like W-Phillips, Carragher etc have been allowed to think they are actually WORTH £90,000 a week or whatever it is they are getting. To me W-Phillips is an average winger, Carragher a knackered act and Barry, Joe Cole, Upson etc average club players who wouldn't get a look-in with Spain or Germany.

The fact that they are there at the World Cup shows the lack of choice available to the manager.

CropleyWasGod
19-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Last night's game was Algeria's first clean sheet in a World Cup match.

Congratulations!

LTYF :greengrin

hibiedude
19-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Don't Laugh yet one game to go and it could all change

But having said that they won't win the world cup

Rooney clearly has other things on his mind because he's been rank rotten in both games

HibbyAndy
19-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Amid all the hilarity, how did Scotland get on? We're in no position to laugh at anyone.

England will win their next game and go through.

Ill laugh at England if i want, They constantly blow there own trumpet about actualy winning the WC ,Yet cant beat Algeria, Yes Algeria FFS.

Your a bit premature are you not predicting England will beat Slovenia?.Im not so sure.

EasterRoad4Ever
19-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Switched on TV to look forward to Holland v Japan and subjected to the most miserable presenter and guests talking all about Engerland :grr: How they are all depressed and how the whole Nation needs a lift, how Engerland are still one of the favourites.

IMHO THIS type of complete over-reaction to a 0-0 draw is EXACTLY the kind of stuff that us Scots LOVE and will ultimately lead to the break up of the UK. Apparently Capello is now Enemy No1. The Engerlish muppets can qualify from this easiest of groups by winning one match - yet the media, Royal Family, punters and arrogant fans are all panicking.

Come on Slovenia - joing the increasingly long list of sides to knock a bunch of English players out of a major competition, that they - apparently - have every right to be winning :bye:

heidtheba
19-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Just been sent this by a hearts pal of mine...

check out post #8 on this....sums up things quite nicely!

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/football/Angry-England-fan-confronts-David.6372441.jp

:faf:

I actually would like the England team to do well, felt this last night after the game but I'm now about 20 mins into the 'coverage' of Holland v Japan and they're still banging on about last night
:bye:

whiskyhibby
19-06-2010, 11:25 AM
:rotflmao::rotflmao::saltireflag:saltireflag

essexhibee
19-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Have to say we are in no postion to laugh. 12 years lads. Poor show.

HOWEVER. Sitting in a room smirking to myself when my english pals tore their hair out was rather enjoyable. England will go through but at least they know they are not invincible.

Part/Time Supporter
19-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Looks like some of them have had a sense of humour failure

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/10357018.stm

Entertainment retailer HMV will no longer stock anti-English World Cup merchandise in its Scottish stores amid fears it could incite racial hatred.

The chain reportedly made the decision following complaints to police from the Campaign for an English Parliament (CEP) and members of the public.

A banner featuring the slogan ABE - Anyone But England - was removed from HMV in Kirkcaldy after a police visit.

Presumably the good folks at the CEP will be supporting our European friends and neighbours, such as Germany, if and when England are eliminated?

:dunno:

heidtheba
19-06-2010, 12:02 PM

Presumably the good folks at the CEP will be supporting our European friends and neighbours, such as Germany, if and when England are eliminated?

The at least no one could be accused of disliking a nation...just a few tv wazzoks

:dunno:

Oh dear God, no one is suggesting anyone goes around tar and feathering anyone from south of the border or initiating some kind of apartheid here in Scotland.
Maybe the stuff sold needs to be more specific...instead of anti-england maybe it should be 'anti-english-commentators-who-keep-banging-on-about-a-team-even-when-the-match-features-two-other-teams-in-the-'WORLD'-cup...

Haymaker
19-06-2010, 12:53 PM

It is true they need a fall guy every 4 years, however the EFA is to blame because it will not modernise the development system in English football despite all the overwhelming evidence. I worked on a report for the FA (only basic crap) and the end result was the need to modernise the games development and bring it in line with the everyone else. The report was dismissed. Then Sir Trevor came out with the same line; "too many foreigners". The same can be said for the SFA as they wont modernise.

The EPL is 48% non british compared to italy which is (IIRC) 28% non italian. Italy are world champions. However the German league is 52% non german and regularly reach the latter stages and finals of competitions. The "too many foreigners" line doesnt work.

What is different is that in Germany the academies have roughly 15hours a week with the kids and develop them using a system the rest of the world uses with the encouragement of creativity, flair and movement. In England a kid will be at an academy roughly 6-8hours and use an outdated system of development that encourages structure yet fails to nuture flair or creativity.

As a club, if your academy products arent up to scratch, they wont get a game and a foreigner maybe a better choice, especially when it comes to attacking players which starves the national team yes, but then the players just cant cut it anyway.

heidtheba
19-06-2010, 01:27 PM
It is true they need a fall guy every 4 years, however the EFA is to blame because it will not modernise the development system in English football despite all the overwhelming evidence. I worked on a report for the FA (only basic crap) and the end result was the need to modernise the games development and bring it in line with the everyone else. The report was dismissed. Then Sir Trevor came out with the same line; "too many foreigners". The same can be said for the SFA as they wont modernise.

The EPL is 48% non british compared to italy which is (IIRC) 28% non italian. Italy are world champions. However the German league is 52% non german and regularly reach the latter stages and finals of competitions. The "too many foreigners" line doesnt work.

What is different is that in Germany the academies have roughly 15hours a week with the kids and develop them using a system the rest of the world uses with the encouragement of creativity, flair and movement. In England a kid will be at an academy roughly 6-8hours and use an outdated system of development that encourages structure yet fails to nuture flair or creativity.

As a club, if your academy products arent up to scratch, they wont get a game and a foreigner maybe a better choice, especially when it comes to attacking players which starves the national team yes, but then the players just cant cut it anyway.

Depressing that they would come out with that. Ok they didn't work out as managers but I'm shocked they still can't look at the likes of Zola, Sauzee and the foreign influence on Collins and see just how much value these players brought to the clubs they worked in.

Haymaker
19-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Depressing that they would come out with that. Ok they didn't work out as managers but I'm shocked they still can't look at the likes of Zola, Sauzee and the foreign influence on Collins and see just how much value these players brought to the clubs they worked in.

It is there but they just cant see it. It seems to be a "it worked alright in the past so it must be still alright now" mentality with development. It is the area I work in and development can last a players entire career.

Hibercelona
19-06-2010, 01:43 PM

Oh dear... Us evil Scottish bunch picking on poor little Englanders. :boo hoo:

Typical... we're always made out to be the baddies of the UK. :agree:

MSK
19-06-2010, 01:44 PM

England will win their next game and go through.The hilarity is watching them fall flat on their faces...i loved it when the USA equalised through a Rob Green blunder ...& i loved it when a few English pundits predicted an easy win over Algeria....im also hoping England fail against Slovenia & come home wi their tails jammed firmly between their cracks ..

Mon the Spain ...:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Oh dear... Us evil Scottish bunch picking on poor little Englanders. :boo hoo:

Typical... we're always made out to be the baddies of the UK. :agree:

Until I saw this I wouldn't have been seen dead in one of those cringeworthy t-shirts. Now I'm desperate to get my hands on one.

For such an arrogant, aloof and superiour crowd they're awfully quick to turn into a bunch of big girl's blouses when things aren't going their way.

ScottB
19-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Until I saw this I wouldn't have been seen dead in one of those cringeworthy t-shirts. Now I'm desperate to get my hands on one.

For such an arrogant, aloof and superiour crowd they're awfully quick to turn into a bunch of big girl's blouses when things aren't going their way.

It's pathetic how now, any word of criticism or lack of support from us against England is racism. Hell I pointed out that 'God Save the Queen' isn't their anthem but the British one and was accused of being racist!

Yet how many times have the English pundits said 'anybody but Germany' or generally slagged off / enjoyed German screw ups etc even just during this tournament? Surely such talk will now also be banned as it is clearly inciting racist behaviour against Germans?

As I said, pathetic!

Gatecrasher
19-06-2010, 03:18 PM
im not usually one to get involved but i could resist when i saw this

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/livi_hibee/28462_119971328045398_1000009759539.jpg
:cb

Hibrandenburg
19-06-2010, 03:20 PM
England (by England I mean the whole nation and not just the national team) deserve all the stick they get and more. They never fail to set themselves up for a fall and that's the difference between them and us (1978 being maybe the exception).

Their over inflated egos are hard to take at the best of times but the period leading up to the world cup is always utterly cringeworthy. Their ability is always well talked up by the media and the sad thing is that even their players seem to believe the hype (ala Rooney's little dig to the camera when leaving the pitch last night). Their fans have bloody good grounds to be unhappy but should maybe vent their anger towards the media as well. But I suppose it's partly their own fault if they believe everything that's printed in the national rags.

Bad Martini
19-06-2010, 10:51 PM
England were ***** and lucky to escape with a draw. Yes, they had a few chances but equally, with pish (relative to THEM) like Algeria, they should be VERY worried.

All over-hyped, over-paid, underworked, cowardly, spineless bawbags in that team......individually great but collectively, nae good.

...which is why they will ultimately win just as much as Scotland will from this World Cup.

Shame that really :grr: :greengrin

ABE :thumbsup:

ENDOF

Kaiser1962
20-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Lets not tempt fate guys and kid on that this England team have achieved anywhere near there capabilities cos they havent. This is a very good collection of players who have not hit it off for whatever reason. They seem to blaming the ball and anything else they can which suggests that all is not well. Capello is getting stick as well and all the (failed as managers) cundits in the studio are pointing ou where he (having won everything the domestic game) is going wrong and some of his players are believing it.

It is not over for them yet though.

Hibs90
20-06-2010, 08:09 AM
I can't believe we only managed a draw against a **** team we should easily have beaten.
I'm ashamed to call myself Algerian.

What's the difference between Rob Green and Justin Bieber?
Rob Green knows how to drop his balls.

Top Tip for England's next game:
If you're watching on Sky+ press pause and wait a second before pressing play. Being a second or two behind the live play will give you that authentic Emile Heskey viewpoint.

I was watching the new Shrek film last night.
It's ****ing hilarious. There's one bit in it where he plays a game of football with ten donkeys, I've never seen anything so funny in my life, oh and I loved the little bit at the end where he does a piece to camera.

I got diagnosed with the Rob Green disease today.
**** knows how I caught it.

Rob Green has trained today and in 3 hours he had 4,000 shots fired at him and did not concede a single goal. Tomorrow, he and Heskey will train with the rest of the squad.

H18sry
20-06-2010, 08:11 AM
The england squad visited a south african orphanage this morning. 'its so good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling against impossible odds' said jamal umboto, aged 6 :greengrin

What's the difference between Rob Green's spill and BP's spill?

Robert Green has got a cap for his.

Scottish police have spent last Saturday night dealing with flash floods after 5million people pished themselves laughing when usa scored against england

Ed De Gramo
20-06-2010, 08:43 AM
The England team were visiting an orphanage in Cape Town yesterday to take their mind off of things.
"It was dreadful, seeing a bunch of people with no hopes, only dreams, that we all know will never come true" said Jerome, age 6.

And England's world cup hopes... were just passing by.
There's a McDonalds for everyone.

What do you call an Englishman in the knockout stages of the World Cup? A referee.

Rooney: ` I hate booing.'
Carragher: `So do I, but how else are we going to fly home.'

H18sry
20-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Knorr have brought out a new stock cube to celebrate England in the world cup the wrapper is white with a red cross and its been named ..............................................THE LAUGHING STOCK :greengrin

AugustaHibs
20-06-2010, 12:06 PM
http://bighugelabs.com/output/motivator2e3dfe066f169e7ae1808012f2b451f4955dbae3. jpg

JoJo_07
20-06-2010, 01:04 PM
BP CEO Tony Hayward has been replaced with Rob Green. A BP spokesman was quoted as saying "Rob is excellent with spillages and has proved to be very popular with the American public and well... with everyone other than the English". :wink:

Woody1985
20-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Broken link.

shades
20-06-2010, 01:16 PM
BP CEO Tony Hayward has been replaced with Rob Green A BP spokesman was quoted as saying "Rob is excellent with spillages and has proved to be very popular with the American public and well... with everyone other than the English". :wink:

Fixed it for you !!:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
20-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Freddie mercury is back from the dead, and is to take over in goal for England. Mercury said it was the ideal job, as he will have 10 ersholes in front of him, 50000 pricks behind him, and he's in no danger of catching anything. :wink:

TRC
20-06-2010, 04:55 PM
:greengrin:top marks

Hibs07p
20-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs.

The seven dwarfs always left to go work in the mine
early each morning.
As always, Snow White stayed home doing her
domestic chores.
As lunchtime approached, she would prepare their
lunch and carry it to the mine.
One day as she arrived at the mine with the lunch, she saw
that there had been a terrible cave-in.
Tearfully, and fearing the worst, Snow White
began calling out, hoping against hope that the dwarfs had
somehow survived.
'Hello...Hello!' she shouted. 'Can anyone hear me?
Hello!'
For a long while, there was no answer. Losing
hope, Snow White again shouted, 'Hello! Is
anyone down there?'
Just as she was about to give up all hope, she
heard a faint voice from deep within the mine,
singing;
“ENGLAND FOR THE WORLD CUP”
Snow White fell to her knees and prayed,
'Oh, thank you, God! At least Dopey is still alive.

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2010, 08:03 PM
England (by England I mean the whole nation and not just the national team) deserve all the stick they get and more. They never fail to set themselves up for a fall and that's the difference between them and us (1978 being maybe the exception).

Their over inflated egos are hard to take at the best of times but the period leading up to the world cup is always utterly cringeworthy. Their ability is always well talked up by the media and the sad thing is that even their players seem to believe the hype (ala Rooney's little dig to the camera when leaving the pitch last night). Their fans have bloody good grounds to be unhappy but should maybe vent their anger towards the media as well. But I suppose it's partly their own fault if they believe everything that's printed in the national rags.

What a load of crap, the whole nation blah blah. Of course the nation get's behind them and hype's up the chances of them doing well, that's what you do when your team's in the World Cup finals. Do we all believe everything that's printed in the Media really? If you want to gloat about the lack of success acheived by England in the World Cup so far then that's fair enough but don't try and use the same old lame excuse involving the press and then suggesting that the whole nation is taken in by it, that's just plain ridiculous. Why would I vent my anger towards the media becuse the team have so far been crap???

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2010, 08:26 PM
What a load of crap, the whole nation blah blah. Of course the nation get's behind them and hype's up the chances of them doing well, that's what you do when your teams in the World Cup finals. Do we all believe everything that's printed in the Media really? If you want to gloat about the lack of success acheived by England in the World Cup so far then that's fair enough but don't try and use the same old lame excuse involving the press and then suggesting that the whole nation is taken in by it, that's just plain ridiculous. Why would I vent my anger towards the media becuse the team have so far been crap???

Nope, you've lost me.....

Houchy
21-06-2010, 08:49 PM
The World cup knockout stage fixtures are all but decided... On monday Spain meet brazil in cape town. On tuesday argentina meet italy in johanesburg and on wednesday england meet france at the airport.

Hibrandenburg
22-06-2010, 09:13 PM
what a load of crap, the whole nation blah blah. Of course the nation get's behind them and hype's up the chances of them doing well, that's what you do when your team's in the world cup finals. Do we all believe everything that's printed in the media really? If you want to gloat about the lack of success acheived by england in the world cup so far then that's fair enough but don't try and use the same old lame excuse involving the press and then suggesting that the whole nation is taken in by it, that's just plain ridiculous. Why would i vent my anger towards the media becuse the team have so far been crap???

easy?

Woody1985
23-06-2010, 09:53 AM
The World cup knockout stage fixtures are all but decided... On monday Spain meet brazil in cape town. On tuesday argentina meet italy in johanesburg and on wednesday england meet france at the airport.

:faf:

Sandy
23-06-2010, 10:23 AM

:top marks:faf::faf::faf: