PDA

View Full Version : Bougherra - outstanding

Toaods
18-06-2010, 08:40 PM
superb display of power, passing, pace, ariel ability and game knowledge from Bougherra.

Rooney & co never really got a sniff out of him. Once the Algerians sat back it was always going to make them more vulnerable but he was simply top drawer.

The arrogant clowns can now firmly reset their sights on just trying to scrape through to the KO stages.

greenlex
18-06-2010, 08:42 PM
:agree: Expect him in the EPL next season.

Hainan Hibs
18-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Solid performance. Would easily fit into a defence in a top league.

Sergey
18-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Best player on the park was the lad Boudebouz. A 20 year old that ran the midfield for 70 minutes.

iwasthere1972
18-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Bougherra for me was Man of the Match. Without him I think England may have "stolen" all 3 points.

Solid defending.

jdships
18-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Best player on the park was the lad Boudebouz. A 20 year old that ran the midfield for 70 minutes.

Agree totally with that - he was MOM for me with Bougherra a close second .
Will be interesting to see where Boudebouz.ends up in the next year or two !!
England were woeful - when things weren't going well there was no "plan B"

:greengrin

RIP
18-06-2010, 08:51 PM
A totally class act all season

Was really looking forward to seeing him play tonight and he didn't disappoint

IWasThere2016
18-06-2010, 08:56 PM
He was great - as were several of his colleagues tbh.

How bad were Engerland?!? :faf: GIRU Keegan, Wrighty, Lineker et al :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
18-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Very entertaining listening to the Clive Tyldsley who went from arrogant tosser to whining ****3r in the space of 90 minutes :greengrin

Agree re Bougherra despite our Clive pointing out how many lower league English clubs the guy had played for

Kevvy1875
18-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Boogy was outstanding as he was for the Huns all season.

The whole Algerian team with their crisp one touch passing out of defence were excellent tbh. As soon as they made a tackle they were in englands half within 3-4 passes max.....

I really thought they would struggle tonight but they were composed and confident, if only they had a powerful striker to finish off some of the moves.

Hibbie_Cameron
18-06-2010, 09:17 PM
He was amazing:agree:

Sprouleflyer
18-06-2010, 09:23 PM
He's not Hibs class!!!!..................................maybe just a bit better :greengrin

Very good game tonight, pity he won't be at Ibrox next season :thumbsup:

Caversham Green
18-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Boogy was outstanding as he was for the Huns all season.

The whole Algerian team with their crisp one touch passing out of defence were excellent tbh. As soon as they made a tackle they were in englands half within 3-4 passes max.....

I really thought they would struggle tonight but they were composed and confident, if only they had a powerful striker to finish off some of the moves.

:agree: Well drilled, hard working and playing as a team. They were the better team tonight by a distance. How much credit did they get from the pundits? Not a f*****g word.

hibsbollah
18-06-2010, 10:19 PM

sorry but thats garbage:bitchy: He gave the ball away constantly.

Pete
18-06-2010, 10:27 PM
I thought Yebda and Belhadj played well. They played like they had something to prove!

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Bougherra was excellent :agree:.

One clearance he made in his own penalty box with a wee flick over the head of some ineffective English forward was immense. :greengrin

Groathillgrump
18-06-2010, 11:04 PM
:agree: Well drilled, hard working and playing as a team. They were the better team tonight by a distance. How much credit did they get from the pundits? Not a f*****g word.

Algeria didn't get much credit from their opponents either. Steven Gerrard was at his patronising best saying "tonight was Algeria's World Cup Final." They are so arrogant and they wonder why the majority of Scots support anyone but England. :bitchy:

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-06-2010, 11:10 PM
He had a great game tonight, but, he is no Cuellar, I could be wrong cos McGeady was so good he won POTY for about 4 months work whilst Cuellar defended Rangers all the way to The UEFA Cup Final. One of the best players to turn out in the SPL methinks. Apologies if that is wrong about McGeady, could be cider talking!

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-06-2010, 11:15 PM
I think i've posted this elsewhere, but, yet again teamwork overcomes a superior group of individuals.

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Yeh i agree he was amazing tonight.

I have actualy never realy rated him before but im must have been wrong as rooney didnt get a single sniff.

Haymaker
19-06-2010, 02:05 AM
He was awesome but at the same time Ingerlund were absolute tom kite. No movement, no invention, no drive... I was a smug Scotsman in an English pub tonight.

Phil D. Rolls
19-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Did Majid play the game of his life, or are England no better than an SPL team? Discuss.

The_Sauz
19-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Did Majid play the game of his life, or are England no better than an SPL team? Discuss.
God not another Pub team :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
19-06-2010, 10:20 AM
God not another Pub team :wink:

They have two or three (or maybe one) world class players. The rest of them could do a turn in the SPL, but they really aren't that good.

No English players featured in the CL final this year. It hints at how little the big guns rate them. Take Mourinho - with his extensive knowledge of English football, how many English players has he signed?

hibiedude
19-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Bougherra was my MOTM

marinello59
19-06-2010, 10:37 AM

Last night England were no better than an SPL team. The Algerians didn't have to win the ball a lot of the time, it was simply given to them. Algeria gave the ball away themselves in dangerous positions only for it to be blootered out of play or simply given back to them. My Mum would have looked World Class playing against Cappello's guys last night.

YehButNoBut
19-06-2010, 10:45 AM
England have quite an old team and many of them looked pretty slow.

James nearly 40
Johnson 25
Terry 30 this year
Carragher 32
Cole 30 this year
Lampard 32 tomorrow
Gerrard 30
Barry 29
Lennon 23
Heskey 32
Rooney 24

Average age just under 30, they could do with some younger quicker players, but can't think who.

Doesn't look good for them for the future either as I can't think of many decent younger English players coming through to take over.

marinello59
19-06-2010, 10:54 AM
England have quite an old team and many of them looked pretty slow.

James nearly 40
Johnson 25
Terry 30 this year
Carragher 32
Cole 30 this year
Lampard 32 tomorrow
Gerrard 30
Barry 29
Lennon 23
Heskey 32
Rooney 24

Average age just under 30, they could do with some younger quicker players, but can't think who.

Doesn't look good for them for the future either as I can't think of many decent younger English players coming through to take over.

:agree:
This where they are really going to pay the price for flooding their league with foreign players.

Septimus
19-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Bougherra was my MOTM

And mine.

Sergey
19-06-2010, 11:25 AM

Agree totally with that - he was MOM for me with Bougherra a close second .
Will be interesting to see where Boudebouz.ends up in the next year or two !!
England were woeful - when things weren't going well there was no "plan B"

sorry but thats garbage:bitchy: He gave the ball away constantly.

No apology needed, but you're spouting drivel.

Boudebouz player Performance (http://manyeyes.alphaworks.ibm.com/manyeyes/datasets/algeria-player-performance-18-june/versions/1)

74 minutes played. 3 attempts on target. 3 misplaced passes.

essexhibee
19-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Bougy was brilliant. Utter brilliant. Cant see him being back at the huns, think he will be off south. I hate rangers with a passion but i couldnt help smiling massively sitting around my english pals seeing him mug Rooney time and time again. My heart was in my mouth thinking england where in when up stepped majid to ease my fears.

Good show for the SPL.

hibsbollah
19-06-2010, 11:46 AM
No apology needed, but you're spouting drivel.

Boudebouz player Performance (http://manyeyes.alphaworks.ibm.com/manyeyes/datasets/algeria-player-performance-18-june/versions/1)

74 minutes played. 3 attempts on target. 3 misplaced passes.

Thanks for proving my point, gave the ball away more than any of his teammates.

Sergey
19-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks for proving my point, gave the ball away more than any of his teammates.

Read the stats again....or are you choosing to ignore the facts?

He gave the ball away 3 times in 74 minutes. Other than the subs who came on, he was Algeria's most accurate passer.

This against the best midfield that England can field.

IWasThere2016
19-06-2010, 12:01 PM

He gave the ball away 3 times in 74 minutes. Other than the subs who came on, he was Algeria's most accurate passer.

:agree: Boy was superb!

hibsbollah
19-06-2010, 12:13 PM

I see what you mean, i mis-read the stats re-pass completions. I don't believe those stats include the amount of times he ran with the ball straight into England defenders, thereby losing possession. I noticed this a fair few times and I was pulling my hair out watching it. Ziani and Yebda were much better.

Musselbound
19-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I thought he was the best player on the park last night. Also impressed in the Africans Nations Cup games I saw featuring Algeria.

thefamousfive
19-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Sorry should this thread not be on a Rangers forum? This is half a pure hunnery love in and half decent football chat but the point remains the same. If he plays for Hibs then great, but words like amazing etc being spouted by Hibs fans on a player that plays in light blue??? Come on guys. Its not a hatred thing its just a dont give a complement where its not necessary. Smack this thread where it needs to be.

ArabHibee
19-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Sorry should this thread not be on a Rangers forum? This is half a pure hunnery love in and half decent football chat but the point remains the same. If he plays for Hibs then great, but words like amazing etc being spouted by Hibs fans on a player that plays in light blue??? Come on guys. Its not a hatred thing its just a dont give a complement where its not necessary. Smack this thread where it needs to be.

:confused:

Would you be saying the same thing if a player from any other team was being discussed or is it just coz the lad plays for rankgers? Away and have a word with yourself.

I personally thought he was outstanding in defence for Algeria last night and had the England players in his back pocket for the majority of the game.

marinello59
19-06-2010, 07:27 PM
:agree: Boy was superb!

Watch the game again. I hate when a smaller team is described as being lucky against a bigger team when they get a result but in this case it is true. Bougherra didn't have Rooney in his back pocket, Rooney stank. His first touch was garbage, his second not much better and his will to win was non-existent. Bougherra is an average Hun who got lucky last night.

lapsedhibee
19-06-2010, 07:33 PM
I think i've posted this elsewhere, but, yet again teamwork overcomes a superior group of individuals.

Not sure I agree with your implication. Algerialand's teamwork was better on the night, but I also thought they showed much better individual skills than Engerlund. Ball control in tight spaces etc etc etc. The 'superior group of individuals' I just don't see - apart from Rooney, there's nothing else world class there. (Excepting Gerrard's world class comedy diving, of course.)

thefamousfive
19-06-2010, 07:35 PM
:confused:

Would you be saying the same thing if a player from any other team was being discussed or is it just coz the lad plays for rankgers? Away and have a word with yourself.

I personally thought he was outstanding in defence for Algeria last night and had the England players in his back pocket for the majority of the game.

Erm, yeah made it pretty clear it was because he played for Rangers. Besides hes not that good and if anything England made him look good at a stretch. Apologies though as when going over the thread again I realise that its probably more an anti-english thang than a love in.

Sergey
19-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Watch the game again. I hate when a smaller team is described as being lucky against a bigger team when they get a result but in this case it is true. Bougherra didn't have Rooney in his back pocket, Rooney stank. His first touch was garbage, his second not much better and his will to win was non-existent. Bougherra is an average Hun who got lucky last night.

Your mistaken, M59.

TQM was replying to a post I made (backed up with stats) about Boudebouz.

The lad Boudebouz is going to be a player in the years ahead.

marinello59
19-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Your mistaken, M59.

TQM was replying to a post I made (backed up with stats) about Boudebouz.

The lad Boudebouz is going to be a player in the years ahead.

Whoops. Thanks for pointing that out G.
Apologies for the misplaced quote TQM. In my defence i have often been wrong in the past and will be on numerous occasions in the future.

ArabHibee
19-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Apologies for the misplaced quote TQM. In my defence i have often been wrong in the past and will be on numerous occasions in the future.

:agree: Good post :top marks

Sergey
19-06-2010, 08:01 PM

I've carefully placed a breathalyser atop my monitor in an attempt to alleviate future mishaps.

No more 'rash' EBay purchases :greengrin

marinello59
19-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I've carefully placed a breathalyser atop my monitor in an attempt to alleviate future mishaps.

Sadly booze is no excuse for me anymore. Tee total and loving it. Honest. No really. I don't miss it at all. Off to pair up my socks.:greengrin

HibbyAndy
19-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Algeria took the game to England from the very first kick, Passed them off the park for 70 minutes :agree:

And the arrogant English twats ( not having a dig at those on here) say 'well its ok we just have to beat Slovenia'..YOU COULDNT BEAT ALGERIA FFS!!!!!!.

I hate England with a passion and if that makes me a bad person then feel free to have a go, They think they can win the WC yet get played of the park by Algeria.

Bougherra was OUSTANDING last night..absolute superb, Wayne shrek Rooney giving it tight to his OWN England fans at the end..Genius!..Keep talking the talk England,And as always you will ALWAYS fail to walk the walk.

:bye::bye::bye::bye:

Sergey
19-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Sadly booze is no excuse for me anymore. Tee total and loving it. Honest. No really. I don't miss it at all. Off to pair up my socks.:greengrin

On hearing that news, I'm selling my Islay stocks!

[Orkney nectar for moi tonight]

Iggy Pope
19-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I think Bougherra believes everything he reads about himself. He saunters around throwing flicks and dummies about the place and putting his team mates in the sort of trouble that gets you beaten off better sides than that English apology in front of him last night.

He's irritates me intensely and all this claptrap about him belongs on Follow Follow. The cretinous BlueIsThe Colour must be creaming himself at the cock being written about his main man on this thread.

And Frank Lampard is a right prick as well

Sandy
20-06-2010, 07:10 AM
Algeria took the game to England from the very first kick, Passed them off the park for 70 minutes :agree:

And the arrogant English twats ( not having a dig at those on here) say 'well its ok we just have to beat Slovenia'..YOU COULDNT BEAT ALGERIA FFS!!!!!!.

I hate England with a passion and if that makes me a bad person then feel free to have a go, They think they can win the WC yet get played of the park by Algeria.

Bougherra was OUSTANDING last night..absolute superb, Wayne shrek Rooney giving it tight to his OWN England fans at the end..Genius!..Keep talking the talk England,And as always you will ALWAYS fail to walk the walk.

:bye::bye::bye::bye:

:top marks :agree: And all this bitter sheite from folk saying he plays for Rankers and any praise should be on swallow swallow should hang their heads in shame, the guy was immense, it doesn't matter who he plays for, the fact of the matter is he is an SPL player (at the moment) and it shows our league in a better light to the cretins down south.

Toaods
20-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Happy to have the same views as Wenger(like he'd know a player if he saw one)...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285741/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-reveals-admiration-Rangers-defender-Madjid-Bougherra.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Happy to have the same views as Wenger(like he'd know a player if he saw one)...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285741/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-reveals-admiration-Rangers-defender-Madjid-Bougherra.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Does he know a defender though?
Pascal Cygan, Phillipe Senderos and William Gallas have all failed miserably in this position for the Gunners and I say this with a heavy heart as they are a side I love.
Bougherra is the last thing he needs unless he's a bit of a keeper........

And the Daily Mail can get to as well. I would've thought they'd be happy to see an Algerian on the way out of our once proud nation, now going to hell in a handcart etc etc

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 10:23 AM
:top marks :agree: And all this bitter sheite from folk saying he plays for Rankers and any praise should be on swallow swallow should hang their heads in shame, the guy was immense, it doesn't matter who he plays for, the fact of the matter is he is an SPL player (at the moment) and it shows our league in a better light to the cretins down south.

Shame?
Why would that be? For the dislike of another arrogant cheating hun? Thought that was one of the things that these boards were built on. I'm happy to keep on disliking him whatever you or any other boogie-lover on this thread thinks.

And when have the OF ever shown our league in a good light? Get a grip man. The cretins down south made their feelings clear when reeling off the lower league clubs he had played for.

I hope they qualify, get the Ivory Coast and big Sol bursts him to pieces first dead ball.

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Shame?
Why would that be? For the dislike of another arrogant cheating hun? Thought that was one of the things that these boards were built on. I'm happy to keep on disliking him whatever you or any other boogie-lover on this thread thinks.

And when have the OF ever shown our league in a good light? Get a grip man. The cretins down south made their feelings clear when reeling off the lower league clubs he had played for.

I hope they qualify, get the Ivory Coast and big Sol bursts him to pieces first dead ball.

:agree: Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how unpleasant it makes them sound.

Toaods
20-06-2010, 10:41 AM
The cretins down south made their feelings clear when reeling off the lower league clubs he had played for.

..that was not arrogance but fear.

They continually try to convince all and sundry that Forlan couldn't cut it at Man Utd but they turn out players like Heskey, Bent and Crouch.

They laugh at the Algerian keeper having a one week trial at Man Utd ..."he's still waiting to hear from them." as if meaning he's guff. meantime at the other end of teh park, David James , Robert Green, etc.....

Sandy
20-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Shame?

I can guarantee you I have more reason to dislike the Huns than you have, but to not recognise the fact that the guy had a great game and slate others for recognising it is ignorant in the extreme.

skedders
20-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Pascal Cygan, Phillipe Senderos and William Gallas have all failed miserably in this position for the Gunners and I say this with a heavy heart as they are a side I love.
Bougherra is the last thing he needs unless he's a bit of a keeper........

With Silvestre, Gallas, and Campbell all likely to leave, Arsenal would have only Vermaelen and Djourou as centre backs. Clearly they would need Bougherra more than a keeper!

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I can guarantee you I have more reason to dislike the Huns than you have, but to not recognise the fact that the guy had a great game and slate others for recognising it is ignorant in the extreme.

How can you guarantee this? PM me with your credentials if you like (don't want this turning into a flag debate do we? Or an uber-hibby one) and I'll demonstrate to you why I have every reason to hate huns. Reasons which you my friend are ignorant of.
And whether he had a great game or not is of no import when it comes to me disliking him. Remember this is the man that stayed on in Algeria to party rather than return to his club (which I hate) for vital league and European fixtures.
He is a fud and FACT - if he played for Hertz this thread would not exist.

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 11:48 AM
With Silvestre, Gallas, and Campbell all likely to leave, Arsenal would have only Vermaelen and Djourou as centre backs. Clearly they would need Bougherra more than a keeper!

Disagree. They need Bougherra like a hole in the head. A decent keeper last season however, and we may well have been discussing the English Champions.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2010, 11:51 AM
How can you guarantee this? PM me with your credentials if you like (don't want this turning into a flag debate do we? Or an uber-hibby one) and I'll demonstrate to you why I have every reason to hate huns. Reasons which you my friend are ignorant of.
And whether he had a great game or not is of no import when it comes to me disliking him. Remember this is the man that stayed on in Algeria to party rather than return to his club (which I hate) for vital league and European fixtures.
He is a fud and FACT - if he played for Hertz this thread would not exist.

I disagree with that. We're actually better than that.

Exhibit 1.... the Algerian keeper the other night (once a resident of G*rgie) had an excelllent game.

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 11:55 AM
..that was not arrogance but fear.

They continually try to convince all and sundry that Forlan couldn't cut it at Man Utd but they turn out players like Heskey, Bent and Crouch.

They laugh at the Algerian keeper having a one week trial at Man Utd ..."he's still waiting to hear from them." as if meaning he's guff. meantime at the other end of teh park, David James , Robert Green, etc.....

I never referred to English arrogance - You're letting your anti-Englishness cloud your judgement.
Forlan didn't cut it at Man U did he? So they got that bit right if nothing else. Nor did he play for Crewe Alexandra.

And anyway - the topic is surely meant to be about the display of the said Hun and not about the English media. Stay focused.

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 11:59 AM
:agree: Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how unpleasant it makes them sound.

I apologise if my opinion sounds unpleasant to you but that's the written word for you.
Huns bring out the worst in me I admit, as do the Hertz.....mind you going by a lot of the guff that gets written about them on these boards I am far from alone.
Imagine where we might be if we were discussing one of their WC stars?

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I disagree with that. We're actually better than that.

Exhibit 1.... the Algerian keeper the other night (once a resident of G*rgie) had an excelllent game.

He did? And is that the royal we or are you speaking for everyone?

Toaods
20-06-2010, 12:15 PM
I never referred to English arrogance - You're letting your anti-Englishness cloud your judgement.
Forlan didn't cut it at Man U did he? So they got that bit right if nothing else. Nor did he play for Crewe Alexandra.

And anyway - the topic is surely meant to be about the display of the said Hun and not about the English media. Stay focused.

It was Bougherra that played for Crewe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madjid_Bougherra

stay focussed...:greengrin

I think the vast majority of Hibs fans would argue they hate the Huns overall but to fail to acknowledge a quality player is a bit insular.

I've seen some superb players for the Huns... Brian Laudrup, Chris Woods, de Boer and Lafferty :stirrer: to name but a few.

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 12:23 PM
It was Bougherra that played for Crewe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madjid_Bougherra

stay focussed...:greengrin

I think thevast majority of Hibs fans would argue they hate the Huns overall but to fil to acknoweldge a quality player is a bit insular. I've seen some superb players for the Huns... Brian Laudrup, Chris Woods, de Boer and Lafferty :stirrer: to name but a few.

Come on man, I know that - call it flippancy or irony I was using it stress my point. No need for you to do yer wiki-homework. And you don't need wikipedia to know that Forlan fell on his erse at Man U.
You started this thread yourself and you're switching it from the merits of this hun bawbag to a debate about the English media.
Where are your posts from the season past discussing the quality of this player? Show me them and I will understand your affection for the man. Or has it only come about because he played well against England?
I recognise that the Huns have had great players, some of the best players Scottish Football has witnessed - what I don't do is profess my love for them all over the WWW like a number of 'us' have.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2010, 12:25 PM
He did? And is that the royal we or are you speaking for everyone?

Clearly not speaking for everyone. :wink:

But I reckon I am speaking for most on here of an open-minded nature.

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Clearly not speaking for everyone. :wink:

But I reckon I am speaking for most on here of an open-minded nature.

Must be cauld up there on the moral high ground though. I'll watch with interest for this open mindedness next time Hertz are being baited on these boards.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Must be cauld up there on the moral high ground though. I'll watch with interest for this open mindedness next time Hertz are being baited on these boards.

Focus? :wink: You said we wouldn't be having this conversation if it had been a Hearts player that had played well.

I merely pointed out that, actually, a former Hearts player kept a clean sheet against England. And complimented him on that, as others have done in other threads.

THAT's what the open-mindedness is about. As it is with Bougherra.

Toaods
20-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Come on man, I know that - call it flippancy or irony I was using it stress my point. No need for you to do yer wiki-homework. And you don't need wikipedia to know that Forlan fell on his erse at Man U.
You started this thread yourself and you're switching it from the merits of this hun bawbag to a debate about the English media.
Where are your posts from the season past discussing the quality of this player? Show me them and I will understand your affection for the man. Or has it only come about because he played well against England?
I recognise that the Huns have had great players, some of the best players Scottish Football has witnessed - what I don't do is profess my love for them all over the WWW like a number of 'us' have.

I have no affection for the man but recognise his qualities. I have watched most games on the last few African Nations and seen him play often enough in the SPL to see he can make it in the top leagues, perhaps that's why Barca or Real were recently credited with an interest.

As for him not returning to Rangers after the winning the African Nations, I have no interest in that one way or the other.

World Cups on though for a wee while yet, so you better brace yourself for a few more of these discussions, otherwise get yourself a good book to ease your tension.

On the subject of hating der Hun, does your obvious deep anger stem from some specific incident or is it just the usual hated them since day 1 stuff?

skedders
20-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Disagree. They need Bougherra like a hole in the head. A decent keeper last season however, and we may well have been discussing the English Champions.

I am referring to what is most important for next season.

It is likely that Arsenal will only have 2 centre backs for next season.
They already have a fantastic young keeper - Wojciech Szczesny - who will break into the first team over the next few years, if not next season.
Wenger has spoken about his admiration for Bougherra - no disrespect but I value his opinion more than yours.

Therefore Bougherra > keeper!

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 01:00 PM
I have no affection for the man but recognise his qualities. I have watched most games on the last few African Nations and seen him play often enough in the SPL to see he can make it in the top leagues, perhaps that's why Barca or Real were recently credited with an interest.

As for him not returning to Rangers after the winning the African Nations, I have no interest in that one way or the other.

World Cups on though for a wee while yet, so you better brace yourself for a few more of these discussions, otherwise get yourself a good book to ease your tension.

On the subject of hating der Hun, does your obvious deep anger stem from some specific incident or is it just the usual hated them since day 1 stuff?

So it's not just because he played well against England then? Just took that game to bring it to the surface did it?

His failure to act like a good professional only adds to my dislike.

The World Cup is on for a wee while yet, but whether Bougherra's is remains to be seen.
Tension? No, I don't think so. I am enjoying the WC and managing not to get too distracted by the games involving England. I find this parochial attitude to the England side a wee bit, what's the word.....? Ah, insular. That's right.

And what Hibby doesn't hate the Huns? I'll ask you this one personally next time our paths cross Smithy old chum, as I think I know your street persona differs from the one on this thread.

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Focus? :wink: You said we wouldn't be having this conversation if it had been a Hearts player that had played well.

I merely pointed out that, actually, a former Hearts player kept a clean sheet against England. And complimented him on that, as others have done in other threads.

THAT's what the open-mindedness is about. As it is with Bougherra.

Re-focus - I said we wouldn't be having this conversation if BOUGHERRA played for Hearts. Different context entirely from the merits of an ex-Hearts player don't you agree? Ex-Hearts players can do what they like and do it well whenever it takes them. Good luck to them.

As I said, I watch with interest on this enlightened approach even though this whole thread really stems from a closed minded attitude towards England

Iggy Pope
20-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I am referring to what is most important for next season.

It is likely that Arsenal will only have 2 centre backs for next season.
They already have a fantastic young keeper - Wojciech Szczesny - who will break into the first team over the next few years, if not next season.
Wenger has spoken about his admiration for Bougherra - no disrespect but I value his opinion more than yours.

Therefore Bougherra > keeper!

More than one good, not to mention young, goalkeeper will be a neccessity.
You obviously keep the Gunners close to your heart as I do - if this player ends up there then we can compare notes then. I hope to hell he doesn't though or I fear that Arsene = lost plot.

ArabHibee
20-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Re-focus - I said we wouldn't be having this conversation if BOUGHERRA played for Hearts. Different context entirely from the merits of an ex-Hearts player don't you agree? Ex-Hearts players can do what they like and do it well whenever it takes them. Good luck to them.

As I said, I watch with interest on this enlightened approach even though this whole thread really stems from a closed minded attitude towards England

I may be in the minority on this one but if a Hearts player was in the World Cup and had an outstanding game, then credit where credits due in my book.

Toaods
20-06-2010, 01:40 PM
And what Hibby doesn't hate the Huns? I'll ask you this one personally next time our paths cross Smithy old chum, as I think I know your street persona differs from the one on this thread.

I'll buy...:cool2:

thefamousfive
20-06-2010, 01:50 PM
I may be in the minority on this one but if a Hearts player was in the World Cup and had an outstanding game, then credit where credits due in my book.

But if he was English that would be an outrage right?

ArabHibee
20-06-2010, 02:37 PM
But if he was English that would be an outrage right?

Obviously. :wink:

HibbyAndy
20-06-2010, 04:56 PM

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

Ill tell the jokes.

And they would get not an ounce of credit from me, Hope that clears that up .

marinello59
20-06-2010, 05:23 PM

How about if it was a Dundee player?

Phil D. Rolls
20-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I apologise if my opinion sounds unpleasant to you but that's the written word for you.
Huns bring out the worst in me I admit, as do the Hertz.....mind you going by a lot of the guff that gets written about them on these boards I am far from alone.
Imagine where we might be if we were discussing one of their WC stars?

No need to apologise. I post plenty of things that offend other people. It goes with the territory of having an opinion

ArabHibee
20-06-2010, 09:03 PM
:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

Ill tell the jokes.

And they would get not an ounce of credit from me, Hope that clears that up .

But we all know how much you hate the Hertz, so your point is, well, pointless.

How about if it was a Dundee player?

I would still say the same, what difference does it make what club team they play for?

If they play well for their country, what's the big deal of talking about it on here? Same as if they were playing Tom Kite.

Removed
20-06-2010, 09:04 PM
But we all know how much you hate the Hertz, so your point is, well, pointless.

Doubt Andy hates them any more than anyone else on here tbh.

If they play well for their country, what's the big deal of talking about it on here? Same as if they were playing Tom Kite.

Who does he play for :confused:

Toaods
20-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Same as if they were playing Tom Kite.

Who does he play for :confused:

USA:cool2:

marinello59
20-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I would still say the same, what difference does it make what club team they play for?

It was a joke. Let me explain. You mentioned that if it was a Hearts player you would be in a minority of applauding him for doing well. I made a jokey comment about if he was a player for your local rivals. Not particularly funny but a joke none the less.

ArabHibee
20-06-2010, 09:18 PM
It was a joke. Let me explain. You mentioned that if it was a Hearts player you would be in a minority of applauding him for doing well. I made a jokey comment about if he was a player for your local rivals. Not particularly funny but a joke none the less.

If you'd put one of these in - :cool2:- then I would have known it was a joke.

And you're right, it wasn't particularly funny.

ArabHibee
20-06-2010, 09:22 PM

And you're right, it wasn't particularly funny.

Woops, forgot one of these at the end of my last sentence. :greengrin

marinello59
20-06-2010, 09:24 PM

Ah. I missed out the smiley. How did we ever communicate without them? :agree: :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Ah. I missed out the smiley. How did we ever communicate without them? :agree: :rolleyes:

:dunno: