PDA

View Full Version : Contractor aims to have 50% of seats in for European home tie.

hibsdaft70
18-06-2010, 02:12 PM
I was down at ER last night having my weekly peek at the bulding work and the pitch. I got speaking to one of the contractors who said that Hibs had asked him to try to have 50% of the new East Stand seats in for the home leg of the European tie. At the moment the contractor reckons they are about a week ahead of the building schedule and , although he said it would be tight, they should be able to do that. If they can manage that then maybe, just maybe they might all be in for the first SPL game on 21 August.

How fantastic would that be?

This may be the reason for the £5 a ticket schem to make sure we have a full house.

Back the Tache !

brydekirk
18-06-2010, 02:19 PM
good news, hope it works out.:thumbsup:

Purehibee_MYB
18-06-2010, 02:49 PM
I really cannot wait for this season!! Couple more signings and hopefully this could be a season to remember :thumbsup:

goosano
18-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Does the whole stand not have to have a safety certificate before it can be used:confused:

DaveF
18-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Does the whole stand not have to have a safety certificate before it can be used:confused:

Not sure.

The Cooncil seem happy to enough to hand out safety certificates to a ramshackle, **** heap of a main stand at tynecastle so why not a half built modern stand at ER :greengrin

aberhibsfc
18-06-2010, 03:14 PM
It's going to be weird going to the East and not having to P on the floor, mind you, I'm sure plenty of
folk still will.

Phil D. Rolls
18-06-2010, 03:16 PM
If you listen to the Yams (who are not jealous at all) 50% should be enough.:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
18-06-2010, 03:31 PM
I was down at ER last night having my weekly peek at the bulding work and the pitch. I got speaking to one of the contractors who said that Hibs had asked him to try to have 50% of the new East Stand seats in for the home leg of the European tie. At the moment the contractor reckons they are about a week ahead of the building schedule and , although he said it would be tight, they should be able to do that. If they can manage that then maybe, just maybe they might all be in for the first SPL game on 21 August.

This may be the reason for the £5 a ticket schem to make sure we have a full house.

Back the Tache !

What scheme is this?

Gatecrasher
18-06-2010, 03:33 PM
What scheme is this?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?185570-Europa-cup-tickets-for-%A35-(Merged)

STH get europa cup tickets for £5

Bob Box Fish
18-06-2010, 03:37 PM
If I remember correctly there was away fans in the south stand when it had half the seats in? Pre season friendly mibbes against boro ?

1875godsgift
19-06-2010, 01:13 AM
It's going to be weird going to the East and not having to P on the floor, mind you, I'm sure plenty of
folk still will.
I pish on my floor twice a day, three times on giro day, what you trying to say, likesay?

hibee4life1983
19-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Doubt it, and yes, it does have to have a saftey certificate.

Geo_1875
19-06-2010, 07:06 AM
They can apply for an interim certificate if they have completed the work to a certain level. Finishing work can be done at a later date.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-06-2010, 08:32 AM

I would think the contractor meant only having the seats in place not actually having the stand open for use!!

No?

jdships
19-06-2010, 08:37 AM

Back the Tache !

I too was at "The Hallowed Ground" yesterday and was speaking to a "suit with a clipboard"
He confirmed what you say above but added ".....it is all subject to the Council/Police issuing a "safety certificate " and the securing of the area not in use "

Fingers crossed :greengrin

.Sean.
19-06-2010, 09:42 AM
As much as I cannae wait to get into the new East, i'd much rather wait until it's fully complete to watch a game from it, rather than watch the match from what would essentially still be a building site. Better holding off and having a grand opening for all early in the new league campaign.

bighairyfaeleith
19-06-2010, 09:48 AM
I too was at "The Hallowed Ground" yesterday and was speaking to a "suit with a clipboard"
He confirmed what you say above but added ".....it is all subject to the Council/Police issuing a "safety certificate " and the securing of the area not in use "

Fingers crossed :greengrin

If this stand is late I'm blaming you lot for continually distracting suits with clipboards:grr:

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2010, 04:34 PM
If this stand is late I'm blaming you lot for continually distracting suits with clipboards:grr:

Once again we play second fiddle the Big Team who i'm sure will have their new stand completed for their next European game.