PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket - Payment Plan - missed opportunity

RIP
18-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I was getting all excited there for a minute

Since he came back from the States, my brother's been a home and away regular. Me less so with family commitments and living in Perth. However Mrs M has been happy to do her family meetups on a Saturday and the 'you do your thing - I'll do mine' on a Sat is working well.

Last week she says - "why don't you get a Season Ticket this year". Her son has renewed and her business partner.

"Take advantage of paying by DD" (I can't afford the lump sum). So I phone wee brother and it turns out we have missed the boat. He tried to say to the TO that he was willing to pay a lump sum for any missed instalments but it seems that they can't organise that! Dunning Golf Club can organise it for a few hundred members but not Hibs with 10,000 customers.

Walkups again this season for the six of us :boo hoo:

Is this a missed opportunity that we can't offer the facility to join the scheme after the first payment has been taken?

Speedy
18-06-2010, 01:01 PM
I was getting all excited there for a minute

Since he came back from the States, my brother's been a home and away regular. Me less so with family commitments and living in Perth. However Mrs M has been happy to do her family meetups on a Saturday and the 'you do your thing - I'll do mine' on a Sat is working well.

Last week she says - "why don't you get a Season Ticket this year". Her son has renewed and her business partner.

"Take advantage of paying by DD" (I can't afford the lump sum). So I phone wee brother and it turns out we have missed the boat. He tried to say to the TO that he was willing to pay a lump sum for any missed instalments but it seems that they can't organise that! Dunning Golf Club can organise it for a few hundred members but not Hibs with 10,000 customers.

Walkups again this season for the six of us :boo hoo:

Is this a missed opportunity that we can't offer the facility to join the scheme after the first payment has been taken?

Yes, although I would imagine this will be something they will be working on.

MyJo
18-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm surprised that Hibs aren't making more of an effort on this front TBH, the 10 month payment plan was a very good idea but the timescales involved in applying for it were tight and considering the end of the last season was so guff there was a fair bit of bad feeling around the club while they were trying to encourage us to sign up.

I think Hibs would benefit greatly from running a summer payment plan again where you can pay in 3 or 4 installments as the excitement builds around the europa cup, seeing the new stand take shape and new signings like De Geer being unveiled.

Jack
18-06-2010, 01:09 PM
I think it’s a case of this is the first year they have done it, first football club too I think, so it’s a case of keeping the whole thing as simple as possible and developing the idea as experience grows. That’s what I think they said at the last round of meeting the fans forums.

You could always take up a credit card with 0% interest over the next 9 months, I’m sure compare the market, or some similar site, would come up with lots of choices.

Surely one of the 6 of you has a decent credit rating :cool2:

marinello59
18-06-2010, 01:40 PM
You could look at the interest free credit on offer being an added incentive to those who decided to renew early. (An early bird offer if you like.) The deadlines were publicised well in advance so it's not as if anybody was unaware of the fact. I really don't think the club has done anything wrong here.

PaulSmith
18-06-2010, 01:43 PM
You could look at the interest free credit on offer being an added incentive to those who decided to renew early. (An early bird offer if you like.) The deadlines were publicised well in advance so it's not as if anybody was unaware of the fact. I really don't think the club has done anything wrong here.

Agree.

Taz_hibee
18-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Agree, conditions were well advertised and a limit had to be set

brydekirk
18-06-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm surprised that Hibs aren't making more of an effort on this front TBH, the 10 month payment plan was a very good idea but the timescales involved in applying for it were tight and considering the end of the last season was so guff there was a fair bit of bad feeling around the club while they were trying to encourage us to sign up.

I think Hibs would benefit greatly from running a summer payment plan again where you can pay in 3 or 4 installments as the excitement builds around the europa cup, seeing the new stand take shape and new signings like De Geer being unveiled.
de geer, when was this guy signed.:wink:

RIP
18-06-2010, 03:58 PM
You could look at the interest free credit on offer being an added incentive to those who decided to renew early. (An early bird offer if you like.) The deadlines were publicised well in advance so it's not as if anybody was unaware of the fact. I really don't think the club has done anything wrong here

I really don't think the club has done anything wrong here either. If you were a renewal - you are right, there's no excuse

However what about first timers?

MyJo
18-06-2010, 04:00 PM
de geer, when was this guy signed.:wink:

What a muppet :doh: i have no excuses for that, must have been thinking about Greer at the same time :greengrin

Ritchie
18-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I really don't think the club has done anything wrong here either. If you were a renewal - you are right, there's no excuse

However what about first timers?

Why don't you get a credit card and pay for the ST with that.

Just means you'll be paying your credit card monthly instead of hibs.

There are credit cards around that will give you 0% interest for the first 12 months.

Seemples

greenlex
18-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Why don't you get a credit card and pay for the ST with that.

Just means you'll be paying your credit card monthly instead of hibs.

There are credit cards around that will give you 0% interest for the first 12 months.

Seemples
:agree: Done that the last three years. :thumbsup:

Big Frank
18-06-2010, 08:43 PM

They haven't done anything wrong I agree, but changing the amount of direct debits collected in whatever period, is a simple computer entry.... the OP and his 5 family/friends could still have it all paid up and their last instalment being paid the same time as the 10 monthers (obviously a higher d/d)