PDA

View Full Version : 11 Jersey's for sale blue in colour.

Captain Trips
17-06-2010, 08:16 PM
I am disgusted at that French team, not that I support or want them to win it.

There is no way all those players gave 100% and yet again their selfishness and in fighting has cost them along with bad management. Those French fans spent a lot of money to go there and at end of day they are like you and me working all week, to be shown that lack of respect for me is disgusting.

I dont like Repbulic of Ireland but at least they are honest enough to play the game and would have been far more interesting in 2010.

Scotland may be pish but at least we are honest enough to play with everything. I hate all those French players whom play when it suits, there are a few new French players whom are willing but are outnumbered by the wasters.

ionahibby
17-06-2010, 08:19 PM
I would be blaming the manager. To leave henry and cisse on the bench when they were clearly struggling was crazy, didn't understand his tactics :confused:

CB_NO3
17-06-2010, 08:22 PM
I would be blaming the manager. To leave henry and cisse on the bench when they were clearly struggling was crazy, didn't understand his tactics :confused:
To leave Benzima and Nasri at home is even more stupid.

Captain Trips
17-06-2010, 08:26 PM

I agree however no excuse for the players on the park to not be giving it all, and IMO they were not, thats the biggest disgrace of all.

Russdoorsfan71
17-06-2010, 08:29 PM

Have to disagree, the players have a responsibility to go out and perform regardless. Yes your right that the manager was to blame for tactics, but the players showed no respect to the fans like the OP mentioned and more shockingly a blatant disregard for their personal and professional pride!

****ing joke of a team!

Keith_M
17-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Good!!

After the Henry incident against the Irish, they got exactly what they deserve.

Bye Froggies :bye:

Peevemor
17-06-2010, 08:47 PM
France have been playing like that for almost 10 years now. Yes they had a very good team back in '98 but they rode their luck a bit to win the WC and even more so to win the European championships 2 years later.

That's when the manager, players and the French media decided they were true world beaters when the fact was that without Zidane they were lost.

As for Domenech, I believe he has enormous knowledge of the game, but there are serious personality and motivational issues within the French set-up and he obviously hasn't been able to rectify these (he may even be the cause - I don't know). The worst thing that happened to France recently was Zidane coming out of international retirement to drag them into the WC final 4 years ago, thus keeping Domenech in the job.

As for tonight, as has been mentioned before I find it incredible that he persisted with Anelka, who was also crap on Friday and is anything but a team player, while he had Cissé and Henry on the bench.

Ribery should also have a look at himself - either he's distracted by all of the off field tart malarky or he's been reading too much about himself in the papers and believes he's better than he actually is.

Hainan Hibs
17-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I would be livid if I was a French fan with the lack of passion and fight from that team. They accepted defeat and the heads were down after the first Mexican goal.

Domenech didn't change it even with Cisse and Henry on the bench, god knows what was going through his mind or what is going on in that camp.

Albanian Hibs
17-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Good!!

:agree:

Well done Mexico :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
17-06-2010, 09:20 PM
viva Mexico :greengrin

the French journo on the radio said the rection from the press was going to be nuclear :agree:

Dan Sarf
17-06-2010, 09:42 PM
France have been playing like that for almost 10 years now. Yes they had a very good team back in '98 but they rode their luck a bit to win the WC and even more so to win the European championships 2 years later.

That's when the manager, players and the French media decided they were true world beaters when the fact was that without Zidane they were lost.

As for Domenech, I believe he has enormous knowledge of the game, but there are serious personality and motivational issues within the French set-up and he obviously hasn't been able to rectify these (he may even be the cause - I don't know). The worst thing that happened to France recently was Zidane coming out of international retirement to drag them into the WC final 4 years ago, thus keeping Domenech in the job.

As for tonight, as has been mentioned before I find it incredible that he persisted with Anelka, who was also crap on Friday and is anything but a team player, while he had Cissé and Henry on the bench.

Ribery should also have a look at himself - either he's distracted by all of the off field tart malarky or he's been reading too much about himself in the papers and believes he's better than he actually is.

Remind you of anyone? 1966 **cough**

lyonhibs
17-06-2010, 09:49 PM
To leave Benzima and Nasri at home is even more stupid.

:agree: :agree:

Domenech is an absolute tosser, though the lack of desire shown by Les Bleus was truly appalling - and that's just from the highlights.

Glad I went for a couple of drinks with the missus instead of watching that tripe. I was supporting France in this WC, and would have been raging!!!

ionahibby
17-06-2010, 10:38 PM
:agree: :agree:

Domenech is an absolute tosser, though the lack of desire shown by Les Bleus was truly appalling - and that's just from the highlights.

Glad I went for a couple of drinks with the missus instead of watching that tripe. I was supporting France in this WC, and would have been raging!!!

:agree: 100% agreed the whole game he stood at the touchline doing nothing no passion at all? it makes it worse i had a tenner on them to get to semis :grr:

Walter
17-06-2010, 11:34 PM
I think by far the handiest bet going will be a draw between Mexico and Uruguay, no brainer

Calvin
17-06-2010, 11:37 PM
I think by far the handiest bet going will be a draw between Mexico and Uruguay, no brainer

Already odds-on for a draw in that game!

hibsboy90
17-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Regarding the Mexico v Uruguay match, both sets of players should have professional pride, and will also want to avoid Argentina in the next round. As such, they could feasibly both go for a win. As long as it's not a pumping then the loser will be fine. France would need a win against a proud South africa team in their final WC appearance for the forseeable future, and would need to score goals.

I recall a game recently between Sweden and Denmark at a recent European Championships, where a 2-2 draw got both through at the expense of Italy. Only that result would suffice. In the end, both teams went at it hammer and tongs and a late equaliser made it 2-2. A draw may occur, but both sides still really going for it.

That said, if I had to bet, I would go draw.

Captain Trips
18-06-2010, 12:08 AM
I hope South Africa win that match as the players attitude alone compared to the French deserves that.

Haymaker
18-06-2010, 02:44 AM
Picking players on signs, dreams and stars... what does one expect?

The players there are good but his pre-training involved go-karting and skiing..?

A team can only be effective when everyone is together... RD has not helped matters by his strange tactics, selections and substitutions.

However, tonights game was the best of the WC so far!

GhostofBolivar
18-06-2010, 05:57 AM
I think the problems with the French team lie with Domenech. They made the final of the last World Cup because they were carried there by Zidane's strength of will. Other than that, I can't remember the last time I saw a French team where the players understood what their roles were on both an individual and collective basis. It's difficult to play in a team where you have no idea what you're supposed to be doing.

The players clearly have no confidence in Domenech and haven't for some time. He's been terrible for the French and he should have been replaced after the last European Championships.

weonlywon6-2
18-06-2010, 06:41 AM

youve hit the nail on the head here on all your points.

just love to hate anelka,think he is over rated.ribery is a good player but the off field stuff is possibly causing issues.

after the handball thing with ireland they are going to get what they deserve

weonlywon6-2
18-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Picking players on signs, dreams and stars... what does one expect?

The players there are good but his pre-training involved go-karting and skiing..?

A team can only be effective when everyone is together... RD has not helped matters by his strange tactics, selections and substitutions.

However, tonights game was the best of the WC so far!

which is going to get better tonight when algeria upset the odds and beat engerlund :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
18-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Good!!

ditto...... Cheating barstewards

steakbake
18-06-2010, 07:57 AM
If I was French, I'd be furious at the way they basically looked like they couldnae gie a monkey's. It was reminiscent of some of our team towards the end of the season. Mexico fully deserved their win. The penalty was a belter - how much of a run-up did that guy need?

Peevemor
18-06-2010, 08:02 AM
The atmosphere among my colleagues is a bit strained this morning. :greengrin

I've been told that it was apparently Ribery and more so Anelka that forced Domenech into dropping Gourcuff. :wtf:

Laurent Blanc's certainly got his work cut out.