PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Gould

Sylar
17-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Who the hell is Bobby Gould and by what credentials did this moron manage to secure himself a commentary position?!

Had the misfortune of hearing him slaver throughout the Greece vs Nigeria commentary on TalkSport whilst driving home - he could barely string 2 sentences together without sounding like a special needs case, constantly stuttering, going off on wild tangents and also adding a few Dutch special "eeeh's" and "uuum's" in for good measure.

I'm amazed if he managed to succesfully pronounce 1 players' name (other than Yakubu) throughout the match.

"I bet that Nigerian guy who was ordered off, eeem, [what was his name again]....anyway, I bet he'll be feeling awful right now".

Woeful!

H18sry
17-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Who the hell is Bobby Gould and by what credentials did this moron manage to secure himself a commentary position?!

Had the misfortune of hearing him slaver throughout the Greece vs Nigeria commentary on TalkSport whilst driving home - he could barely string 2 sentences together without sounding like a special needs case, constantly stuttering, going off on wild tangents and also adding a few Dutch special "eeeh's" and "uuum's" in for good measure.

I'm amazed if he managed to succesfully pronounce 1 players' name (other than Yakubu) throughout the match.

"I bet that Nigerian guy who was ordered off, eeem, [what was his name again]....anyway, I bet he'll be feeling awful right now".

Woeful!

You could have changed radio stations:greengrin

Sylar
17-06-2010, 04:19 PM
You could have changed radio stations:greengrin

But then I wouldn't have had anything to piss and moan about on hibs.net, and all the thought I put into the above post during the rest of the drive home would have been ruined? :confused: :cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
17-06-2010, 05:14 PM

Woeful!

He's terrible but at least he drowns out those hooters (http://www.partydelights.co.uk/popup.htm?/images/blowouts/BLOWHORN_lg.JPG)they keep blowing into.

NOLA
17-06-2010, 05:27 PM
ex wimbledon boss, jonathon goulds dad?

Phil D. Rolls
17-06-2010, 05:31 PM
ex wimbledon boss, jonathon goulds dad?

Other way round, Jonathon was Celtic goalie, Bobby is his dad, and he did manage Wimbledon.

heretoday
17-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Good player Bobby Gould. Arsenal? Busy 60s striker.

thekaratekid
17-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Managed Wales as well IIRC

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2010, 09:14 PM
At least he sounds as if he's actually enjoying being at the world cup. That ****in moron Lawrenson clearly hates it, and would rather be somewhere else. :grr:

Jonnyboy
17-06-2010, 09:31 PM
At least he sounds as if he's actually enjoying being at the world cup. That ****in moron Lawrenson clearly hates it, and would rather be somewhere else. :grr:

I think we'd all rather he was somewhere else G :greengrin

dangermouse
18-06-2010, 07:41 AM

I think we'd all rather he was somewhere else G :greengrin

Here's hoping wherever he goes he doesn't come back :agree:

J-C
18-06-2010, 09:16 AM

Woeful!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Gould

Thye 3-4 ex pro's on Talksport all still call him Gaffer, they hold him in very high esteem, the guy knows what he talks about, been there as a player and manager.

Danderhall Hibs
18-06-2010, 09:50 AM

Gould and most of the TalkSport commentators aren’t actually at the World Cup – they’re sitting in a studio somewhere commentating from the TV coverage! There’s a handful of them actually in South Africa the rest are just pretending.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Gould and most of the TalkSport commentators aren’t actually at the World Cup – they’re sitting in a studio somewhere commentating from the TV coverage! There’s a handful of them actually in South Africa the rest are just pretending.

I did not know that, although it makes my point even more relevant. Lawrenson make me want to turn off, his constant drivel and negativity towards anyone who is not English is wrong. :grr:

J-C
18-06-2010, 11:35 AM

The only ones not there are Ian Danter, Alan Brazil ans Ronnie Irani, the rest as far as I'm aware are over there.

Here's the drivetime show page with pics and audio stuff.

http://new.talksport.net/shows/show.asp?showId=100179&id=111131&c=100008&sCatType=shows

Danderhall Hibs
18-06-2010, 12:25 PM
The only ones not there are Ian Danter, Alan Brazil ans Ronnie Irani, the rest as far as I'm aware are over there.

Here's the drivetime show page with pics and audio stuff.

http://new.talksport.net/shows/show.asp?showId=100179&id=111131&c=100008&sCatType=shows

Danter is there. As are Durham, Gough, Quinn, Saggers and Moose.

I might have missed one or 2 but the rest are in a studio commentating from the TV pictures pretending they're actually at the match! Nigel Pearson was at Wolverhampton for Sky Sports on Monday night but managed to commentate on matches the days before and after!

J-C
18-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Danter is there. As are Durham, Gough, Quinn, Saggers and Moose.

I might have missed one or 2 but the rest are in a studio commentating from the TV pictures pretending they're actually at the match! Nigel Pearson was at Wolverhampton for Sky Sports on Monday night but managed to commentate on matches the days before and after!

As are Townsend( also doing ITV ), Porky Parry and Collymore.