PDA

View Full Version : Boozy

Seveno
17-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Nice piece of nostalgia here
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Boozy-night-to-remember-for.6367742.jp

Good to know that he thinks so fondly of Hibs but sad that he hasn't found a club yet.

If only he was fit and hungry - and back in a green and white jersey

Jim44
17-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I know he wasn't everybody's cup of tea but I think he was a great member of our squad. It's another sad case of 'chasing the dollar and failing'. - "I don't want to do any more travelling but I know the financial situation is difficult." If only you had hung around, Boozy.

HibbyAndy
17-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Cheers for that mate.Very good read :aok:

"I am a Hibee for sure. It's a club that gets under your skin, Easter Road seems like home to me

Ill never forget the East terracing that day Boozy, when you placed an Ivan Sproule cross past Gordon in the 79th Minute to make Hearts 'Beatable' To this day ive never celebrated a goal as mental as i did that day.

You made that happen Boozy , Good luck trying to get a club sorted out for your future.

Gone but NEVER forgotton.

GreenPJ
17-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Based on the latter half of last season he could easily cover/replace for McBride :devil:

Kato
17-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Cheers for that mate.Very good read :aok:

Ill never forget the East terracing that day Boozy, when you placed an Ivan Sproule cross past Gordon in the 79th Minute to make Hearts 'Beatable' To this day ive never celebrated a goal as mental as i did that day.

You made that happen Boozy , Good luck trying to get a club sorted out for your future.

Gone but NEVER forgotton.

Exactly.

His run along the East Stand celebrating that goal showed how much it meant to him as he went totally mental. Ivan's part in that goal showed he was no headless chicken, very neat cut-back.

One of my favourite derby wins ever.

"We are unbeatable"??

HAHAHA

HibbyAndy
17-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Exactly.

His run along the East Stand celebrating that goal showed how much it meant to him as he went totally mental. Ivan's part in that goal showed he was no headless chicken, very neat cut-back.

One of my favourite derby wins ever.

"We are unbeatable"??

HAHAHA

:agree::agree:

Still remember the Hearts fans at half-time giving it the big waves singing we are unbeatable..

BOOM!!! Boozy 1-0..

BOOM!!! O'connor 2mins later 2-0.

Cue the East going total ***** bananas!!!

Feeling all nostalgic now, Wonder if its on youtube :greengrin

Westie1875
17-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Boozy would be much better off career wise if he'd stayed at Hibs IMO.

RickyS
17-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Boozy would be much better off career wise if he'd stayed at Hibs IMO.

Could still be in a Hibs Jersey, money became his king and we can add his name to the "I wish i'd never left Hibs Club"

I will start with

(1) Mikey Mikey:greengrin
(2) Wee Russell
(3) Deek

.Sean.
17-06-2010, 04:38 PM
No doubt about it, when he was on his game the man was exceptional at SPL level. His vision and range of passing was superb. I'd be happy to see him back at the club. Perhaps not initially as a first pick but most certainly a handy player to have in the squad.

Out of all players brought on stage at the HOH gig Boozy got the best reception, I think that shows how high a regard we hold him in here.

Boozy... Take a bow son :applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95DGVPUkOJQ&feature=related

This is Garry O's goal from the same game. Fantastic!! :greengrin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfOXtMKiNZI&feature=related

:singing: ''Boozy, Boozy, Boozy'' :sauzee:

MSK
17-06-2010, 04:42 PM
No doubt about it, when he was on his game the man was exceptional at SPL level. His vision and range of passing was superb. I'd be happy to see him back at the club. Perhaps not initially as a first pick but most certainly a handy player to have in the squad.

Out of all players brought on stage at the HOH gig Boozy got the best reception, I think that shows how high a regard we hold him in here.

Boozy... Take a bow son :applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95DGVPUkOJQ&feature=related

This is Garry O's goal from the same game. Fantastic!! :greengrin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfOXtMKiNZI&feature=related

:singing: ''Boozy, Boozy, Boozy'' :sauzee:The same boozy that struggled to get a game for Hamilton Accies ..the same "classy" player who is now without a club ...?...time to move on i think ..

500miles
17-06-2010, 09:50 PM
The same boozy that struggled to get a game for Hamilton Accies ..the same "classy" player who is now without a club ...?...time to move on i think ..

The issue at Hamilton, perhaps, is similar to that of McBride's experience at Falkirk. We have had McBride for a full season, and he showed that he was a very important and able player. He does well when retaining the ball, making himself available for the pass from the goalkeeper and the like. At Falkirk, he had no great out-ball. Arfield was pushing up, and out of bounds due to the players between him and McBride, and the difficulty of the necassary pass. Nor did thier wingers and fullbacks have the movement to make themselves available as an attacking threat. Some people see him as a ball winner - I don't get that, certainly not as his main attribute. He KEEPS the ball, and makes the simple pass, and makes an option for the safe pass.This is part of the reason McBride was hated by the Falkirk support, and blamed for thier lack of pace when attacking - he had lots of the ball, but no-one to feed. He found that in Miller and Zemmama at Hibs, and when Wotherspoon and Murray build up a head of steam going forward, them too. He simply found himself in the wrong team at Falkirk.

Boozy will forever and a day be, individually, a better player then McBride. No disrepect to Kevin, but the frenchman is more naturally gifted. He needs the same players to make the runs into channels, to make themselves available, and he will try to start the moves. He has a better RANGE of passing, takes a few more risks in possession, and is a bit less likely to fly into tackles as McBride, but just as likely, or moreso, to win the ones he does. I think he was asked to be a bit of an enforcer at Hamilton, and play to stregnths that he doesn't really possess. For me, that is the only reason it couldn't work out for a player of Boozy's quality there.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-06-2010, 09:59 PM
The issue at Hamilton, perhaps, is similar to that of McBride's experience at Falkirk. We have had McBride for a full season, and he showed that he was a very important and able player. He does well when retaining the ball, making himself available for the pass from the goalkeeper and the like. At Falkirk, he had no great out-ball. Arfield was pushing up, and out of bounds due to the players between him and McBride, and the difficulty of the necassary pass. Nor did thier wingers and fullbacks have the movement to make themselves available as an attacking threat. Some people see him as a ball winner - I don't get that, certainly not as his main attribute. He KEEPS the ball, and makes the simple pass, and makes an option for the safe pass.This is part of the reason McBride was hated by the Falkirk support, and blamed for thier lack of pace when attacking - he had lots of the ball, but no-one to feed. He found that in Miller and Zemmama at Hibs, and when Wotherspoon and Murray build up a head of steam going forward, them too. He simply found himself in the wrong team at Falkirk.

Boozy will forever and a day be, individually, a better player then McBride. No disrepect to Kevin, but the frenchman is more naturally gifted. He needs the same players to make the runs into channels, to make themselves available, and he will try to start the moves. He has a better RANGE of passing, takes a few more risks in possession, and is a bit less likely to fly into tackles as McBride, but just as likely, or moreso, to win the ones he does. I think he was asked to be a bit of an enforcer at Hamilton, and play to stregnths that he doesn't really possess. For me, that is the only reason it couldn't work out for a player of Boozy's quality there.

:top marks:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
17-06-2010, 11:46 PM
The same boozy that struggled to get a game for Hamilton Accies ..the same "classy" player who is now without a club ...?...time to move on i think ..

A bit harsh no?

While he was at Hibs, I think he was a player with tremendous ability and ball control who never quite reached was he was truly capable of.

I would personally love to have Boozy back at the club. Not as a main team player, but as part of the coaching staff. I think he could teach a lot of the young ones about flawless ball control and pin point passing anywhere on the field.

Could be useful IMO.

snooky
18-06-2010, 12:00 AM

The same Boozie that never tried a leg in the semi at Tynie against St Johnstone. Almost cost us the SLC. :grr:
That said, I loved when he wanted to play. His blind passes were a joy to behold.
Nice comments about Hibs in the article too. Much appreciated.

GlesgaeHibby
18-06-2010, 06:57 AM

The same boozy that helped us play football like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EJn1mAukc&feature=related

Boozy said in the article himself that not getting a proper pre season hampered his season badly last year. I think if Hibs were to get him in now he could be very useful for us after a proper pre season. He'd be a great player to have in the squad. At the moment we've had to play the likes of Rankin and Stevenson in midfield due to injuries/suspensions. Boozy would be a far better option, and would be a great player to have if we can get two attacking fullbacks as Yogi wants as his range of passing is great.

RIP
18-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Guillaime Beuzelin was one of the best stand up tacklers and long passers of a ball I'd seen at Easter Road for manys a year.

Very few of our midfield players over recent seasons have had that gift

When I worked in Glasgow, he was a firm favourite with Celtic fans - the one Hibs player they were really keen for Strachan to sign

marinello59
18-06-2010, 07:29 AM
The same boozy that helped us play football like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EJn1mAukc&feature=related

Boozy said in the article himself that not getting a proper pre season hampered his season badly last year. I think if Hibs were to get him in now he could be very useful for us after a proper pre season. He'd be a great player to have in the squad. At the moment we've had to play the likes of Rankin and Stevenson in midfield due to injuries/suspensions. Boozy would be a far better option, and would be a great player to have if we can get two attacking fullbacks as Yogi wants as his range of passing is great.

Well he would say that wouldn't he.:greengrin
At the latter end of his time with us there were plenty on here saying that he was playing nowhere near the standards the he had set initially. What has he done since leaving us to suggest that bringing him back would be anything other than a gamble?

offshorehibby
18-06-2010, 07:37 AM
I just can't get this love in with Boozy, a player that had one good game 1 in 10 if we were lucky. That's when he wasn't lying on his back on the treatment table.
It's in the past, leave it there we are building a new team, lets look forward.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Whatever people think of the guy he obviously retains a lot of good memories of his time at ER. That'll do for me! The article made for good reading too.

Jack
18-06-2010, 03:06 PM
I just can't get this love in with Boozy, a player that had one good game 1 in 10 if we were lucky. That's when he wasn't lying on his back on the treatment table.
It's in the past, leave it there we are building a new team, lets look forward.

In the 3 seasons he was with us he was unavailable proportionately less than Zooma and folk say he's too injury prone, 114 possible SPL matches in 3 seasons he played in 66 and on fewer than 40 occasions played the full 90 minutes.

He chased the money down to Coventry where remarkably he played 40 games in a single season, only missing half a dozen or so.

He’s not exactly set the heather alight at Hamilton.

A wage better spent elsewhere I feel.

MSK
18-06-2010, 05:23 PM
A bit harsh no?

While he was at Hibs, I think he was a player with tremendous ability and ball control who never quite reached was he was truly capable of.

I would personally love to have Boozy back at the club. Not as a main team player, but as part of the coaching staff. I think he could teach a lot of the young ones about flawless ball control and pin point passing anywhere on the field.

Could be useful IMO.Why is it harsh ? :confused:..i didnt mind Boozy when he was with us, good enough player but he has moved on & so have we..like i say though..if he is as good as you & others are making out why hasnt he been fixed up with a club ..?

The Tubs
18-06-2010, 05:40 PM
The indelible mark that Boozy left on my memory was of the calming effect he had on the youngsters at the beginning of the Mowbray reign. They had come in under the Boaby "oot the park for medals" school of thought and he taught Whittaker, Thomson, Brown and O'Connor to love the ball, allowing them to play their natural games.

McKenzie
18-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Sure boozy could play centre back ? :confused:

Calvin
18-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Sure boozy could play centre back ? :confused:

He played very well as a sweeper v Rangers I seem to recall.

Seveno
19-06-2010, 07:05 PM
A bit harsh no?

Could be useful IMO.

Totally agree. He could also teach them how to shield the ball. Boozy always punched much more than his weight.

col02
19-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Boozy was not value for money at Hibs imho and for a player who had something special about him when in the mood his tenure at Hibs was a disappointment.

HibbyAndy
19-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Boozy was not value for money at Hibs imho and for a player who had something special about him when in the mood his tenure at Hibs was a disappointment.

In just shy of 6 years as a poster with Hibs.net ill never ever disagree with a post so strongly as this one.

What is value for money?..

Jonnyboy
19-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Guillaime Beuzelin was one of the best stand up tacklers and long passers of a ball I'd seen at Easter Road for manys a year.

Very few of our midfield players over recent seasons have had that gift

When I worked in Glasgow, he was a firm favourite with Celtic fans - the one Hibs player they were really keen for Strachan to sign

:agree:

Pretty Boy
19-06-2010, 11:21 PM

:agree: Usual sentimental rubbish that come around after a player has been gone a while.

Boozy was a very good player for us on his day and had undoubted ability. However he had so many average games and so many spells out injured his contribution wasn't what it could have been.

It wasn't so long ago there were threads on here calling for him to be dropped and saying we shouldn't offer him a contract as the money could be spent better elsewhere. He says a few nice things about us in the paper and suddenly people are saying we should look to sign him up again!

As i said a player who was decent for Hibs and gave us a few very good memories, he's obviously fond of the club and i'm grateful for what he did in his time here. But seriously any notion that he could do a job for us now is sentimentality clouding rational judgement.

persevere1875
20-06-2010, 12:18 AM
I for one would snap him up in a heartbeat, the man oozes class, he's obviously settled in Scotland, Loves the club, and in my opinion would make an excellent addition to the TEAM at Hibs, whether that be coaching, playing, or coming on and giving us 20/30 minutes.

In my opinion our team needs a Boozy like figure right now, someone who's reached the age where he appreciates where he's been, what he's achieved and also the mistakes he's made,and can influence the youngsters around him, not to mention the kind of man when your 1-0 up and trying to see a game out, you want to see emerge from the subs bench, get on the ball and settle the obvious nerves we seem to suffer from.

BSEJVT
20-06-2010, 06:15 PM
I absolutely loved Boozy as a Hibs player, even though he had his poor games and spent a fair bit time injured.

He offered something we didnt and still dont have.

Not sure if he would still have the legs for it, but Boozy on the bench when we needed to close out games or start spraying the ball around a bit. Yes please.

Cant imagine he would be that hard to deal with as he isnt excatly inundated with offers either.

Cant see it happening though. Shame.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-06-2010, 06:21 PM
I absolutely loved Boozy as a Hibs player, even though he had his poor games and spent a fair bit time injured.

He offered something we didnt and still dont have.

Not sure if he would still have the legs for it, but Boozy on the bench when we needed to close out games or start spraying the ball around a bit. Yes please.

Cant imagine he would be that hard to deal with as he isnt excatly inundated with offers either.

Cant see it happening though. Shame.

What a pointless post :bitchy:

He was gash!, get over him and move on ffs!

.Sean.
20-06-2010, 06:58 PM
'Boozy was gash'

I've read some guff on .net, but that comment takes the piss. Easily one of the most ridiculous statements i've ever seen on here.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-06-2010, 09:00 PM
'Boozy was gash'

I've read some guff on .net, but that comment takes the piss. Easily one of the most ridiculous statements i've ever seen on here.

OH aye is that right? well you've not been reading much on here have you then?, he had one decent season in which he scored against the yams, for the love of me I can't really think of anything else positive to say about him except he was just above average, nothing else

Calvin
20-06-2010, 09:22 PM
OH aye is that right? well you've not been reading much on here have you then?, he had one decent season in which he scored against the yams, for the love of me I can't really think of anything else positive to say about him except he was just above average, nothing else

How about that in his debut season he inspired Hibs to some excellent football and a third place finish. He was the kind of player Hibs fans like to see, with the skill, ability and flair that set him apart from most in Scottish football thus becoming one of the most popular players of the last few years.

keep the faith
20-06-2010, 10:17 PM
How about that in his debut season he inspired Hibs to some excellent football and a third place finish. He was the kind of player Hibs fans like to see, with the skill, ability and flair that set him apart from most in Scottish football thus becoming one of the most popular players of the last few years.

:agree: Boozy was a class act. To say he was gash is just ridiculous.

sleeping giant
20-06-2010, 10:29 PM

Was he "gash" or "above average" then ? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
20-06-2010, 10:30 PM

Have a word. Boozy on his day was a fantastic player for Hibs.

I'd not take him back now as he's given us all he can but I hate when folk talk down his time at ER. He could do things with a ball that half the current team could only dream of

Jonnyboy
20-06-2010, 10:31 PM

More nonsense.

Still, it's your right to have an opinion

even if it's gash :wink:

EskbankHibby
21-06-2010, 06:58 AM
The lack of a proper pre-season must have hampered Boozy last season as he suggests in the article, to play so many games for Coventry in the season before must mean that he brought something to that Championship team.

His game never really involved lung bursting box to box runs or pace so if we could keep him fit i would love to see him back at ER, great link player and magnificent at retaining posession on his day.

For those who think he may be a waste of a wage i read on another thread that we may have offered Burton O'Brien a deal. Sounds like Boozy wouldn't be so difficult to deal with and i know who i would prefer in a Hibs midfield/squad.

Maybe his shortcomings have been dulled by the mists of time but he was always one of my favourite players.

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2010, 08:28 AM
:agree: Usual sentimental rubbish that come around after a player has been gone a while.

Boozy was a very good player for us on his day and had undoubted ability. However he had so many average games and so many spells out injured his contribution wasn't what it could have been.

It wasn't so long ago there were threads on here calling for him to be dropped and saying we shouldn't offer him a contract as the money could be spent better elsewhere. He says a few nice things about us in the paper and suddenly people are saying we should look to sign him up again!

As i said a player who was decent for Hibs and gave us a few very good memories, he's obviously fond of the club and i'm grateful for what he did in his time here. But seriously any notion that he could do a job for us now is sentimentality clouding rational judgement.

:top marks :agree:

RickyS
21-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Have a word. Boozy on his day was a fantastic player for Hibs.

I'd not take him back now as he's given us all he can but I hate when folk talk down his time at ER. He could do things with a ball that half the current team could only dream of

:agree: what he said

also remember thinking that when the legs started to go he would make a decent CH.

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-06-2010, 12:17 PM
All I can say at the end of yet another "lets bring Boozy back" thread that some of you guys on here are easy pleased

:yawn:

Jonnyboy
21-06-2010, 09:44 PM
All I can say at the end of yet another "lets bring Boozy back" thread that some of you guys on here are easy pleased

Presumably this is directed only at those who want Boozy back? :wink:

BSEJVT
22-06-2010, 06:44 AM

Right so we have worked out you dont rate Boozy, you like to repeat yourself and you are ignorant as well as no -one else is entitled to a different opinion.

As more gems of wisdom you want to share?

Andy74
22-06-2010, 09:11 AM

I wouldn't really take him back now but when he was here he was one of the best we've had in a long, long time at keeping a football and using it.

In his so called 'average' games he still had an ability to take the ball in any position and protect it then play the ball in for others.

We got so used to him doing the basiscs well that we judged any game where he wasn't doing that little bit extra as average.

Boozy was absolutely vital to the way a very good Hibs team played and if you can't see that then fine but lets not try and tell others that they were easy pleased by rating Boozy.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Presumably this is directed only at those who want Boozy back? :wink:

:agree:

:wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Right so we have worked out you dont rate Boozy, you like to repeat yourself and you are ignorant as well as no -one else is entitled to a different opinion.

As more gems of wisdom you want to share?

Who you calling ignorant you plum! I've watched Hibs for 52 years and have seen the good the bad and the downright ugly, I never said nobody was entitled to an opinion, it just gets soooo **** tiresome putting up threads like this on the forum all the time, why not bring back everybody in the last 10 years? that ought to keep trumpets like you happy!

Geo_1875
22-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Why not just put your point forward then**** off instead of getting into an argument with everyone who disagrees with you. You must be great fun down the pub.

marinello59
22-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Please don't resort to personal abuse. Admin don't want to be stepping in and deleting posts etc.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Why not just put your point forward then**** off instead of getting into an argument with everyone who disagrees with you. You must be great fun down the pub.

So I'm not allowed to have a point of view then, if you and others think he's great then fine I'll just keep him in my bottom 100 fave Hibs players, is that ok for you?

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Seveno
23-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Who you calling ignorant you plum! I've watched Hibs for 52 years and have seen the good the bad and the downright ugly, I never said nobody was entitled to an opinion, it just gets soooo **** tiresome putting up threads like this on the forum all the time, why not bring back everybody in the last 10 years? that ought to keep trumpets like you happy!

If you read my original post, it is not the start of a 'Bring back Boozy ' thread. It is a piece of nostalgia and comment on his current situation.

Is it not right that we show an interest in a former player that played a part in a team that offered us some wonderful entertainment ?