PDA

View Full Version : Yams Ukio Bankas in crime money laundering scheme/global stock market crash (merged)

NeilT
17-06-2010, 11:32 AM
1.7 Billion Euro crime money laundering scheme being investigated in Belgium - names Ukio Bankas.

Anyone any good at translating Flemish?
http://www.express.be/sectors/nl/finance/recordbedrag-aan-misdaadgeld-versluisd-via-ing-belgi/127007.htm

Must make you so proud to have that name emblazoned across your chest.

Woody1985
17-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Google Translate.

Record Amount of criminal money through ING Belgium versluisd Friday, May 28, 2010 on two bank accounts with ING Belgium is a record amount of EUR 1.7 billion dirty money laundered. That is more than three times each year in Belgium by antiwitwascel intercepted. The Brussels court earlier this year has been conducting a criminal investigation into the money laundering case. The accounts were accused by the bank in antiwitwascel reported, but it was all dirty money abroad versluisd. In case the name of the Lithuanian bank Bankas Ukio said. The antiwitwascel now discovered that about 460 business customers of the Lithuanian bank, from a number of tax havens, thanks to accounts at ING Belgium proceeds of all kinds of frauds, scams and money laundering could eclipses. In total, the antiwitwascel the past year 17,170 reports of suspicious money transactions received. 1020 records were finally passed on to the floor. (MH)

Financial crime can happen to any organistaion. Unless the customers were enocouraged to put their money through the bank then it's not a massive deal to be honest.

Obviously the stereotype says that money laundering will happen across Eastern European banks. I think this is why none of the major players in British and world banking would act as a clearing bank for UKIO to establish the bank here (the reason Vlad bought Hearts IMO) and still won't to this day. It's too much risk for them.

Peevemor
17-06-2010, 11:39 AM
:******::bye:

Golden Bear
17-06-2010, 11:45 AM
1.7 Billion Euro crime money laundering scheme being investigated in Belgium - names Ukio Bankas.

http://www.express.be/sectors/nl/finance/recordbedrag-aan-misdaadgeld-versluisd-via-ing-belgi/127007.htm

:hmmm:

I wonder if this will have any knock on effects for our illustrious neighbours? I would think that the tax man will be declaring an interest very shortly (if he's not already involved).

Let's hope so.

:smug:

Golden Bear
17-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Google Translate.

Record Amount of criminal money through ING Belgium versluisd Friday, May 28, 2010 on two bank accounts with ING Belgium is a record amount of EUR 1.7 billion dirty money laundered. That is more than three times each year in Belgium by antiwitwascel intercepted. The Brussels court earlier this year has been conducting a criminal investigation into the money laundering case. The accounts were accused by the bank in antiwitwascel reported, but it was all dirty money abroad versluisd. In case the name of the Lithuanian bank Bankas Ukio said. The antiwitwascel now discovered that about 460 business customers of the Lithuanian bank, from a number of tax havens, thanks to accounts at ING Belgium proceeds of all kinds of frauds, scams and money laundering could eclipses. In total, the antiwitwascel the past year 17,170 reports of suspicious money transactions received. 1020 records were finally passed on to the floor. (MH)

Financial crime can happen to any organistaion. Unless the customers were enocouraged to put their money through the bank then it's not a massive deal to be honest.

Obviously the stereotype says that money laundering will happen across Eastern European banks. I think this is why none of the major players in British and world banking would act as a clearing bank for UKIO to establish the bank here (the reason Vlad bought Hearts IMO) and still won't to this day. It's too much risk for them.

Can anyone come up with a translation of the translate?

:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
17-06-2010, 11:51 AM
It says,
On 2 bank accounts with the INGBelgium is a record amount of 1.7 billion euro criminal money whitewashed.
That is 3 times more than what yearly is caught by the anti white wash cell
The Brussels justice has since the beginning of the year held an investigation in the whitewash case.
The suspected account was passed on to the whitewashcell by the bank itself,but by that time was the money already out of the country.
In the case was the name of the Lithuanian bank Ukios Bankas named.The anti white wash cell has since then discovered thatroughly 460 business customers from Ukios Wankas originate from tax havens,thanks to the accounts with ING Belgium can through fraud,rip offs and hiding of money was it able to be whitewashed.In total has the anti whitewash cell has had in the last year 17.170 reports of suspect money transactions.From the 17,000 reports are 1020 given to administration of the justice.

matty_f
17-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Google Translate.

Not so. If a bank is found to have been negligent in identifying money laundering there are significant implications. Looking at the amounts involved, I would have thought that any investigators would be asking serious questions about how UKIO managed to not identify potential issues.

Peevemor
17-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Not so. If a bank is found to have been negligent in identifying money laundering there are significant implications. Looking at the amounts involved, I would have thought that any investigators would be asking serious questions about how UKIO managed to not identify potential issues.

The report does say that it was the bank itself that flagged the account, though after the money had been moved on.

ahibby
17-06-2010, 01:33 PM
The report does say that it was the bank itself that flagged the account, though after the money had been moved on.

Which bank though ING or UKIOS?

Peevemor
17-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Which bank though ING or UKIOS?

Ah! According to this (http://raisondetat.forumactif.com/la-une-f44/le-blanchiment-depasse-la-fraude-fiscale-en-belgique-t453.htm) it's ING that reported accounts opened by UKIO. :cool2:

ahibby
17-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Ah! According to this (http://raisondetat.forumactif.com/la-une-f44/le-blanchiment-depasse-la-fraude-fiscale-en-belgique-t453.htm) it's ING that reported accounts opened by UKIO. :cool2:

Exactamenti!

Peevemor
17-06-2010, 01:42 PM
L'an dernier, quelque 460 entreprises issues de différents paradis fiscaux ont fait transiter pour 1,7 milliard d'euros d'argent sale à travers deux comptes ouverts chez ING au nom de la banque lituanienne Ukio Bankas. L'argent a ensuite été dispersé sur l'ensemble de la planète financière.

Last year, some 460 companies from various tax havens moved 1.7 billion euros of dirty money via 2 accounts opened in the name of the Lithuanian Ukio Bankas. The money was later dispersed throughout the world financial market.

:cool2::cool2::cool2:

Woody1985
17-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Last year, some 460 companies from various tax havens moved 1.7 billion euros of dirty money via 2 accounts opened in the name of the Lithuanian Ukio Bankas. The money was later dispersed throughout the world financial market.

:cool2::cool2::cool2:

It was Vlad that caused the global economic meltdown and that is why he was immune from it. :grr:

ionahibby
17-06-2010, 02:47 PM

:faf:
You could not make this stuff up! It just gets worse for that lot.

Hibernia Na Eir
17-06-2010, 03:03 PM
HOW does this story NOT surprise me???

everyone konws they are up to no good:agree:

Peevemor
17-06-2010, 03:08 PM
I notice this hasn't made it's way across to brokeback.

If I was them I'd be bricking it.

1875er
17-06-2010, 03:10 PM

Nothing to see here move along you Junkie Peg Selling Hobo etc etc etc:rolleyes::thumbsup:

jgl07
17-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Strangely this story has not featured in the 'other place'. Obvious space filler by lazy Hobo journalists from Belgium.

If you look in the Wikipedia definitions page for Kickback this comes up:

Kickback usually refers to:
Political corruption
Bribery

They obviously know something!

hibs0666
17-06-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm shocked.

Brummie_Hibs
17-06-2010, 03:41 PM
I was told 2 years ago by an employee of a major UK financial institution who works in 'The City' that the UK banking sector know that UKIO is being used for money laundering and dodgy dealings, but at the time they did not have adequate proof, and that UKIO had not as yet breached any UK banking rules.

Hillsidehibby
17-06-2010, 03:47 PM
But they are laundering their own money and lending it back to themselves so its not laundering........

Phil D. Rolls
17-06-2010, 03:59 PM

Move along, nothing to see here.

aljo7-0
17-06-2010, 04:00 PM
But they are laundering their own money and lending it back to themselves so its not laundering........
I think that would be dry cleaning their money. Is that the same crime or a lesser one. :greengrin

GreenPJ
17-06-2010, 04:14 PM
I was told 2 years ago by an employee of a major UK financial institution who works in 'The City' that the UK banking sector know that UKIO is being used for money laundering and dodgy dealings, but at the time they did not have adequate proof, and that UKIO had not as yet breached any UK banking rules.

Along with about 99% of other banks who will be holding assets that are not as white as they should be.

lapsedhibee
17-06-2010, 04:32 PM

You write as if 1.7 billion Euros is a particularly large sum of money, whereas any fule kno that Mr Vlad would be happy to spend that on a single player if that player was right for HOMFC.

poolman
17-06-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm waiting on Cavershams Green's take on all this :I'm waiti

Phil D. Rolls
17-06-2010, 05:26 PM
You write as if 1.7 billion Euros is a particularly large sum of money, whereas any fule kno that Mr Vlad would be happy to spend that on a single player if that player was right for HOMFC.

Im trying to anticipate what the response over the road will be. I expect something along the lines of:

Posted By: Yellow Glove Jambo
Yeah but, no but, but Mr Romanov was only looking after the money for somebody else, so but, y'know it won't be his fault though, and besides though, we'll be OK because we are seperate from the bank, though and the, yeah but the holding company is OK anyway.

Posted by: JailBait
Brussels GTF ya Hobo bassas, yir poxy wee country wouldnae exist if it hadnae been for Our Brave Lads in 1916 GIRUY Cheese Eaters (or whatever you eat there).

Posted by: PaedoJambo
WEE (INSERT HIDING PLACE) JAMBO AGREES!!!!!

Posted by: John Finlayson
I once made a bet but I never paid up. So in a sense Mr Romanov is only doing what we would all do. He is cheating.

MSK
17-06-2010, 05:45 PM

If I was them I'd be bricking it.They wont though ..the yam tramps are thick as mince ...they are praising Ripemov for holding out for more cash for Driver ...eh ..more cash to line his pockets !!! ..they really dont quite grasp it those yams do they ...:faf::faf:

Sergey
17-06-2010, 06:00 PM
They (Ukio) do have previous in this.

Naughty, naughty Ukio! (http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/finances/?doc=9258)

grunt
17-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Update to Sergey's post:

VILNIUS, May 31, BNS - More than 35 million litas (EUR 10.1 mln) kept in foreign-registered companies' accounts at Lithuania's Ukio Bankas will pass to the state, the Kaunas Regional Prosecutor's Office said on Monday.
The Kaunas City District Court last week ordered that the funds be passed into the state's ownership as "ownerless property", it said.
The funds include 11 million US dollars, 765,000 euros and 25,000 Swiss francs.
However, the court's decision can be appealed within 30 days to the Kaunas Regional Court.
Kaunas' prosecutors and officers from the Financial Crime Investigation Service established that unidentified persons had registered the companies in various offshore areas. These companies were shell companies and their accounts were managed by unidentified persons.
"Given that the owners of the money have not been identified, it (the money) has been declared as ownerless property," said Zenas Leonavicius, the prosecutor in charge of the pre-trial investigation.
It was established that the money had been transferred within a short period of time from Russia's Diskount Bank via an Austrian bank into the accounts at Ukio Bankas. The Russian central bank in 2006 revoked the license of Diskount on the grounds of gross violations of money laundering and terror financing prevention laws.
Eurojust and Interpol helped the Lithuanian law enforcement bodies during the pre-trial investigation. Ukio Bankas is owned by Vladimir Romanov and smaller shareholders.

grunt
17-06-2010, 06:38 PM
They (Ukio) do have previous in this.

Naughty, naughty Ukio! (http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/finances/?doc=9258)

That's a nice, tasteful looking banking hall shown in that article. I wonder if the Edinburgh branch will have such quality furnishings?

iwasthere1972
17-06-2010, 06:43 PM
That's a nice, tasteful looking banking hall shown in that article. I wonder if the Edinburgh branch will have such quality furnishings?

If it has it won't be for long.

Yams :bye:

Caversham Green
17-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm waiting on Cavershams Green's take on all this :I'm waiti

:greengrin I'm afraid I can't really add much to what's already been said - the story is all a bit vague at the moment. €1.7 billion is a huge amount (you probably already knew that) for a Mikhail Mouse bank like Ukio, and as Matty F says, it beggars belief that it passed through their accounts without alerting suspicion. Chucking it all at ING seems a pretty cack-handed way of laundering it as well and I'm wondering if we're getting the full picture. I'm also a bit surprised that it hasn't been reported in this country given the amount involved.

As to how it will affect the Yams, they're owned by UBIG rather than Ukio (Ukio aren't in the UBIG group) and they're no longer into them For £17.6m, so on the face of it they don't have a lot to worry about. However, the apparent scale the alleged laundering is such that Vlad is almost certain to be implicated as the major shareholder of the bank. That may well have an impact on his ownership of UBIG and UBIG's ownership of HOMFC. If I was a yam I'd be pretty nervous, If I was Vlad I'd be bricking it.

hibees59
17-06-2010, 10:11 PM

:top marks

greenginger
18-06-2010, 08:05 AM
:greengrin I'm afraid I can't really add much to what's already been said - the story is all a bit vague at the moment. €1.7 billion is a huge amount (you probably already knew that) for a Mikhail Mouse bank like Ukio, and as Matty F says, it beggars belief that it passed through their accounts without alerting suspicion. Chucking it all at ING seems a pretty cack-handed way of laundering it as well and I'm wondering if we're getting the full picture. I'm also a bit surprised that it hasn't been reported in this country given the amount involved.

As to how it will affect the Yams, they're owned by UBIG rather than Ukio (Ukio aren't in the UBIG group) and they're no longer into them For £17.6m, so on the face of it they don't have a lot to worry about. However, the apparent scale the alleged laundering is such that Vlad is almost certain to be implicated as the major shareholder of the bank. That may well have an impact on his ownership of UBIG and UBIG's ownership of HOMFC. If I was a yam I'd be pretty nervous, If I was Vlad I'd be bricking it.

I've always wondered what went on behind the locked doors of their office at 10 Castle Street. No wonder they did'nt need customers !
I also think its a racing cert. if Ukio Bankas are involved in crooked dealing UBIG will be up to their neck in it as well. The whole Group have absolutely no assets that make any money, at least " Assets" they want to list on their web site.

1875er
18-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I've always wondered what went on behind the locked doors of their office at 10 Castle Street. No wonder they did'nt need customers !
I also think its a racing cert. if Ukio Bankas are involved in crooked dealing UBIG will be up to their neck in it as well. The whole Group have absolutely no assets that make any money, at least " Assets" they want to list on their web site.

I once saw a large box of Persil being delivered to 10 Castle Street... it all fits together now.:thumbsup:

HibeeB
18-06-2010, 09:44 AM
You've all got the wrong end of the stick here.

You see, the money was just "resting" in his account.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090321145841/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/c/c6/Father_Ted.jpg/250px-Father_Ted.jpg

MB62
18-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Update to Sergey's post:

VILNIUS, May 31, BNS - More than 35 million litas (EUR 10.1 mln) kept in foreign-registered companies' accounts at Lithuania's Ukio Bankas will pass to the state, the Kaunas Regional Prosecutor's Office said on Monday.
The Kaunas City District Court last week ordered that the funds be passed into the state's ownership as "ownerless property", it said.
The funds include 11 million US dollars, 765,000 euros and 25,000 Swiss francs.
However, the court's decision can be appealed within 30 days to the Kaunas Regional Court.
Kaunas' prosecutors and officers from the Financial Crime Investigation Service established that unidentified persons had registered the companies in various offshore areas. These companies were shell companies and their accounts were managed by unidentified persons.
"Given that the owners of the money have not been identified, it (the money) has been declared as ownerless property," said Zenas Leonavicius, the prosecutor in charge of the pre-trial investigation.
It was established that the money had been transferred within a short period of time from Russia's Diskount Bank via an Austrian bank into the accounts at Ukio Bankas. The Russian central bank in 2006 revoked the license of Diskount on the grounds of gross violations of money laundering and terror financing prevention laws.
Eurojust and Interpol helped the Lithuanian law enforcement bodies during the pre-trial investigation. Ukio Bankas is owned by Vladimir Romanov and smaller shareholders.

From a totally ignorant point of view on this, it would seem to me that Ukio Bankas has not really done anything wrong. They have take money in from some outside source as bankers and the only way it will afect them is that they will now not have this money in their vaults (or wherever it is they keep such sums). It might affect their share price but they have not done anything illegal.

Obviously happy to be corrected on this. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
18-06-2010, 10:24 AM

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090321145841/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/c/c6/Father_Ted.jpg/250px-Father_Ted.jpg

Ah well, that's allright so.

Caversham Green
18-06-2010, 02:03 PM
From a totally ignorant point of view on this, it would seem to me that Ukio Bankas has not really done anything wrong. They have take money in from some outside source as bankers and the only way it will afect them is that they will now not have this money in their vaults (or wherever it is they keep such sums). It might affect their share price but they have not done anything illegal.

Obviously happy to be corrected on this. :wink:

As an accountant, if I have reason to suspect that a client is involved in money laundering I have to report it to the relevant authority. I can get up to two years and/or a hefty fine if I don't, even if the relevant transaction turns out to be innocent. I don't know the rules for banks, but I would imagine they are much stricter.

It's a Europe-wide initiative, so the rules are the same throughout the EU. The implication of failing to report a case of money laundering is that you were knowingly involved in the activity.

So, if the reports are true they have done something illegal and on a large scale if I'm understanding the story correctly.

Phil D. Rolls
18-06-2010, 03:25 PM
As an accountant, if I have reason to suspect that a client is involved in money laundering I have to report it to the relevant authority. I can get up to two years and/or a hefty fine if I don't, even if the relevant transaction turns out to be innocent. I don't know the rules for banks, but I would imagine they are much stricter.

It's a Europe-wide initiative, so the rules are the same throughout the EU. The implication of failing to report a case of money laundering is that you were knowingly involved in the activity.

So, if the reports are true they have done something illegal and on a large scale if I'm understanding the story correctly.

There are lots of banks who have been acting immorally, and possible illegally in recent years. Goldman Sachs for example. I think it depends on how big you are, and how much the economy "depends" on your organisation on whether you've broken the law or not.

bighairyfaeleith
18-06-2010, 03:35 PM
There are lots of banks who have been acting immorally, and possible illegally in recent years. Goldman Sachs for example. I think it depends on how big you are, and how much the economy "depends" on your organisation on whether you've broken the law or not.

I think this is fair, given that ukio is a ****ty little tinpot bank:greengrin

Woody1985
18-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Each of the banks (as peevemor IIRC said) need to have strict ML guidelines.

I believe most/all banks will run reports against customer account data each month to look for suspicious transactions.

There will be reports that look at anything over 5k, 10k, 50k, 150k, 500k, 1m, 10m etc etc.

The more money moved the more strictly they should be monitored (I think). Therefore, moving around 1.7 billion shouldn't have been too hard to track from two accounts!

Phil D. Rolls
18-06-2010, 04:43 PM
I think this is fair, given that ukio is a ****ty little tinpot bank:greengrin

Surely "major European financier"????? How could a tin pot bank be doing getting involved with one of the world's major football clubs?

bighairyfaeleith
18-06-2010, 05:02 PM
True how much do Kaunas owe ukio?

Surely "major European financier"????? How could a tin pot bank be doing getting involved with one of the world's major football clubs?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

RickyS
18-06-2010, 05:16 PM

:thumbsup:

Killiehibbie
19-06-2010, 10:55 AM

So, if the reports are true they have done something illegal and on a large scale if I'm understanding the story correctly.The Money Laundering Act covers all financial transactions.

Phil D. Rolls
19-06-2010, 11:07 AM

I don't know.

poolman
19-06-2010, 11:22 AM

I don't know either

Sent from my peace pipe using smoke signals

Kaiser1962
19-06-2010, 05:05 PM

It may be that UKIO is just the right size and location for the EEC bigwigs to take a stand against.

Lets hope so................

Heraghty's
20-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Shocking revelations from the News of the World: :agree:

THE bank controlled by Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov is at the centre of a £1.4BILLION money-laundering probe.

Lithuanian-based Ukio Bankas - who sponsor the Tynecastle side - were reported to authorities by Belgian financial giant ING over a string of transactions in two accounts opened by them.

And anti-corruption cops are said to have discovered 1.7billion euros of alleged dirty money moved though the two ING accounts by 460 companies.

It's claimed that by the time the transactions had been uncovered, the enormous sums of cash had already been dispersed throughout the world's financial markets.

Belgian authorities are now probing the deals, and Interpol also have a team investigating Ukio's activities.

A banking insider revealed: "The sums involved are colossal.

"Some Russian banks have lost their licences over links to money laundering, so Ukio will have to prove they acted legally thoughout this."

A football finance source added: "Although Hearts are sponsored by Ukio Bankas, their owners are Romanov's offshore firm, Ukio Bankas Investment Group.

"But all Romanov's operations are intertwined, and it's impossible to know what effect, if any, this could have on UBIG.

"What is certain is that Hearts owe Romanov's companies over £35million, so he is the key to their very existence.

"In a nutshell, anything that's bad news for Romanov is bad news for Hearts."

The controversial soccer boss, 62, is the largest single shareholder in Ukio Bankas and effectively holds a controlling interest through his relatives, sidekicks and other companies.

And the latest probe is NOT the first time the bank has been caught up in money laundering claims.

In January 2009, tax officials in Lithuania revealed plans to seize almost £14million of dirty money from Ukio accounts.

And last month Kaunas District Court ordered ANOTHER £7million lodged with Ukio Bankas should be passed to the state.

:bye:

Lofarl
20-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Nothing to see here. Move along.

CapitalHibs
20-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Disagree:wink: Think the :******: This is serious stuff

Ozyhibby
20-06-2010, 07:10 AM
Still no mention of it on Kickback. Can't be that serious.:ostrich:

Leithenhibby
20-06-2010, 08:36 AM
No looking good.....

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_news/852877/Hearts-owner-Vladimir-Romanovs-bank-at-centre-of-money-laundering-probe.html

greenginger
20-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Still no mention of it on Kickback. Can't be that serious.:ostrich:

It's on Kickback, first posted on Friday, but its been shunted over to their Shed Forum as to them it not a Hearts issue.

Only about 12 posts mostly dismissing it all as a Hobo invention or comforting themselves by the fact Ukio don't hold their debt any more. :bye:

Sergey
20-06-2010, 09:03 AM
No looking good.....

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_news/852877/Hearts-owner-Vladimir-Romanovs-bank-at-centre-of-money-laundering-probe.html

I wonder how the NOTW picked up the story :hmmm:

JohnnyHibby
20-06-2010, 04:19 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2010/06/20/hearts-reject-claims-club-can-t-afford-to-build-new-15m-main-stand-86908-22346653/

hmmmm

Golden Bear
20-06-2010, 04:26 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2010/06/20/hearts-reject-claims-club-can-t-afford-to-build-new-15m-main-stand-86908-22346653/

hmmmm

Needs must ----------- now that we've got our new stand.

As usual with the deluded ones , it's a case of keeping up with the Jones's. The wee team can't possibly have something that they ain't got (or ever will have)

The green eyed monster has struck again.

:wink:

Heraghty's
21-06-2010, 09:55 AM
By the miracles of t'internet, the NOTW story is now front-page news in Lithuania. :wink:

Ukio share price continues to tumble.

Which, as you know, has nothing to do with Hearts. :agree:

lapsedhibee
21-06-2010, 10:30 AM

hmmmm

If it wasn't for the impeccably high standards of the Direly Rancid, I would have assumed in "the Edinburgh side are now looking to erect a £15m grandstand" that a typo or two had sneaked in to the phrase "£15 grand stand".

Sergey
21-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Not looking too rosy for UBIG's bauxite plant, either.

"Bosnia's Serb Republic on Thursday said it extended to eight years the period within which alumina plant Birac is obliged to pay its overdue taxes. It also provided a two-year grace period. Birac is owned by Lithuanian investment group Ukio Banko."

Kaiser1962
21-06-2010, 11:05 AM
By the miracles of t'internet, the NOTW story is now front-page news in Lithuania. :wink:

Ukio share price continues to tumble.

Which, as you know, has nothing to do with Hearts. :agree:

In all seriousness this may not be the worst thing that has ever happened to Hearts and may yet represent their best chance of dumping their debt and holding onto the PBS. It all depends on whether they still own said PBS and to what extent UKIO and UBIG are joined with each other. This may run a while yet but seems to be escalating daily.

greenginger
21-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Ukio Bankas has put a statement on its web site denying all responsibility for anything and say that they abide by all Lithuanian laws !:fibber::bandit:

Heraghty's
21-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Ukio Bankas has put a statement on its web site denying all responsibility for anything and say that they abide by all Lithuanian laws !:fibber::bandit:

Their head of finance said: "Up to now the bank neither was requested nor being informed about the acts taken by any Lithuanian or any international institution, responsible for relevant matter." !:fibber:

Unfortunately, the bank's official spokesman, Linas Kontrimas, had already told the Lithuanian Press that a report had been received some weeks ago and that an internal inquiry had been immediately started. :agree:

The Head of Lithuania's Financial Crime Investigation Service also said she has received a report from Interpol and Belgian police, and she was looking into the reports. :bye:

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Not looking too rosy for UBIG's bauxite plant, either.

"Bosnia's Serb Republic on Thursday said it extended to eight years the period within which alumina plant Birac is obliged to pay its overdue taxes. It also provided a two-year grace period. Birac is owned by Lithuanian investment group Ukio Banko."

Make no mistake, this time they mean it!

NeilT
29-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Implications of this may have landed in Lithuania
http://balticreports.com/?p=20069

Ukio Bank share price has fallen 10% in last 2 days. Most heavily traded share in Baltic stock exchange.

Woody1985
29-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Hibs.net to NOTW and now to the Baltic. Nice work guys!

Can you imagine the state of the Lithuanian finances had that clown been allowed to run the country. I wonder how much money he would have been able to generate through his businesses had he become president. Maybe enough to pay Hearts debt!

Sergey
29-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Implications of this may have landed in Lithuania
http://balticreports.com/?p=20069

Ukio Bank share price has fallen 10% in last 2 days. Most heavily traded share in Baltic stock exchange.

Indeed, a 12% hit in 2 days doesn't bode well.

Looks like there could well be :******: in the not too distant.

greenginger
29-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Another take the situation in Belgium. I think they need aboot up the a*** to get some action. :grr:

http://blogs.tijd.be/zaakjustitie/2010/06/minister-van-fraudebestrijding.html

hibee4life1983
29-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Who wants to bet that the teapots get away with it???

Though the stuff iv been reading would suggest otherwise the slimey slugs that are vlads minions will find some loophole!

Ther time will come imo, though probably later rather than sooner, a long slow painfull grind to a halt is fine by me.

Mon1875
29-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Been watching that share price drop over the last few days

http://www.nasdaqomxbaltic.com/market/?instrument=LT0000102352&list=2&currency=EUR&pg=details&tab=historical

It's now at 0.25.

Not a good sign surely. :agree:

hibee4life1983
30-06-2010, 02:10 AM
European banks to cease being saved and given loans from the european central bank, all monies to be paid by next week, ukio, your time is up!
Thoughts???

bighairyfaeleith
30-06-2010, 06:34 AM
European banks to cease being saved and given loans from the european central bank, all monies to be paid by next week, ukio, your time is up!
Thoughts???

There not in europe:confused:

Betty Boop
30-06-2010, 06:42 AM
There not in europe:confused:

Lithuania is a member of the EU.

matty_f
30-06-2010, 07:02 AM
I have made the mistake of joining this thread at a point where I've not yet fully woken up, but even if I had, I doubt I'd have a clue as to what it's about.:greengrin

cwilliamson85
30-06-2010, 07:05 AM

Is UKIO Head office / registered in Lithuania though?

bighairyfaeleith
30-06-2010, 07:21 AM

sorry I was talking about hearts:thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
30-06-2010, 08:05 AM
The law of averages would suggest that one day this will happen, :greengrin but like everyone else, Ukio seem to be hanging in there.....

For Now..:wink:

Sandy
30-06-2010, 08:08 AM

Dinnae worry, I got it mate :agree::thumbsup:

Mon1875
30-06-2010, 09:22 AM
No Ukio are not riding it out. Here's what has happened over the last 6 months.

The Ukio price has plummeted in the last few days (probably since the money laundering investigation).

http://www.nasdaqomxbaltic.com/market/?instrument=LT0000102352&list=2&currency=EUR&pg=details&tab=historical

MB62
30-06-2010, 10:18 AM
No Ukio are not riding it out. Here's what has happened over the last 6 months.

The Ukio price has plummeted in the last few days (probably since the money laundering investigation).

It was a lot lower than that about a year ago, so it's made a bit of a recovery.

There's nothing to see here, it's a non story made up by Hobos so move along :wink:

Betty Boop
30-06-2010, 10:27 AM

:greengrin

KB1
30-06-2010, 11:15 AM
What I find hysterical is that their beloved leader who has all this wealth!!??!! if you look closely the value of his shareholding in miceky mouse bank fallen to only €20,250,000.....approx half of the Hearts Debit!!!! even when you take into account UBIG and his mums holdings the total value is only €33m approx.....on this share price the bank only has a net value of €61.5m...not exactly a huge institution!!!!

greenginger
30-06-2010, 11:32 AM
What I find hysterical is that their beloved leader who has all this wealth!!??!! if you look closely the value of his shareholding in miceky mouse bank fallen to only €20,250,000.....approx half of the Hearts Debit!!!! even when you take into account UBIG and his mums holdings the total value is only €33m approx.....on this share price the bank only has a net value of €61.5m...not exactly a huge institution!!!!

The myth of Vlad's wealth was built up by Charlie Mann and his associates and based on a future Ukio Bankas share price of £5 per share. Never was going to happen !

Vlad has now disappeared from the Sunday times Rich List and the football rich list.

Is there a Football poor list ? :greengrin

Sergey
30-06-2010, 11:48 AM
The myth of Vlad's wealth was built up by Charlie Mann and his associates and based on a future Ukio Bankas share price of £5 per share. Never was going to happen !

Vlad has now disappeared from the Sunday times Rich List and the football rich list.

Is there a Football poor list ? :greengrin

Poor Vlad isn't even included in the Wealthy Lith list (try saying that after a few beers!)

Decreasing Fortune (http://www.lithuaniatribune.com/2010/06/07/richest-lithuanians%E2%80%99-wealth-shrinking/)

Zondervan
30-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Poor Vlad isn't even included in the Wealthy Lith list (try saying that after a few beers!)

Decreasing Fortune (http://www.lithuaniatribune.com/2010/06/07/richest-lithuanians%E2%80%99-wealth-shrinking/)

The main shareholder of Ukio Bankas, Vladimiras Romanovas, was excluded from the rating this year, though last year he was in fourth position.......(the businessman) did not enter the list because of the complicated economic situation in Lithuania, the worth of their assets is very difficult or impossible to count, according to Veidas weekly.

Swap Lithuania for Tynecastle and there you have it.

Sergey
30-06-2010, 04:02 PM

It's now at 0.25.

Another significant drop today with probably further falls tomorrow.

That's a 17% hit in 3 days. Ouch.

Jack
30-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Surely this drop will only be so they dont have to pay taxes?
Oops!

hibee4life1983
30-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Hee hee hee, there finito.

Bostonhibby
30-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Even I am finding my exuberance for the Yams demise as a result of the link to this dubious business a bit tiresome however on this one 2 points seem to stand out.

The universal one, that its never a debt anyway, and it wil never be an issue as Vlad is in it only for his beloved hearts who he has supported since before he became a ballroom dancer.

Europe normally does the sqaure root of pheck all when financial institutions are obviously bent, which is exactly what this sort of operator needs to survive, I wouldn't be holding my breath here as they will have made sure the politicians and bureaucrats will prefer to talk a lot and do nothing.............

Vini1875
30-06-2010, 05:21 PM
I have to say after reading the thread, which I do with most on here, I'm getting very bored with hearts specualtion and the mad ones antics.

ronaldo7
30-06-2010, 06:02 PM

It's now at 0.25.

Remember they were trading at 0.15 in 2008 and got their way out of it then.

Another big drop would do nicely:greengrin