PDA

View Full Version : mint strip

hibs is life
16-06-2010, 11:02 PM
i purchased a strip for ma son only 4 him 2 have it on once 2 his football training and come home dirty so chucked it in the washing 4 it to be stained has any one else had this problem?

hibbymac
17-06-2010, 08:32 AM
i purchased a strip for ma son only 4 him 2 have it on once 2 his football training and come home dirty so chucked it in the washing 4 it to be stained has any one else had this problem?

:confused: is it just me?

Speedway
17-06-2010, 08:35 AM

Nope, not just you.

Peevemor
17-06-2010, 08:36 AM
I'd get a new washing machine. :agree:

lyonhibs
17-06-2010, 08:43 AM

You put it IN the washing machine with the hope that it would be stained??

I'd suggest an immediate reappraisal of your expectations of your white goods.

You'll be gutted when the oven DOESN'T freeze yer dinner :greengrin

Jay
17-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Haven't bought the mint strip because I dont like it but I would have soaked it overnight before washing it because of the stains. Use vanish powder along with your washing powder/liquid and wash it inside out at 30 degrees with a slow spin - no more than 1000 but 800 would do.

Pale strips are a flaming nightmare! Yellow socks gave me nightmares when my son played for one team.

I know its a bit late, sorry.

1875 NO 1
17-06-2010, 12:42 PM

My mate had the same problem with his kids strip. Took it back to the shop and got it replaced.

persevere1875
17-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Haven't bought the mint strip because I dont like it but I would have soaked it overnight before washing it because of the stains. Use vanish powder along with your washing powder/liquid and wash it inside out at 30 degrees with a slow spin - no more than 1000 but 800 would do.

Pale strips are a flaming nightmare! Yellow socks gave me nightmares when my son played for one team.

I know its a bit late, sorry.

Now thats the kind of washing advice we need :greengrin

:top marks

Emerald
17-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I saw the strip in the flesh, so to speak, for the first time the other night. I think its totally bogging and already looks cheap and washed out, I'm not pretending otherwise. My wife thought the wee boy was wearing his old washed out jimjams! :sick:

iwasthere1972
17-06-2010, 06:32 PM

No me too.

RoxburghHibs
17-06-2010, 06:56 PM

I'd be more concerned about your broken PC to be honest. Clearly the full stop key is damaged, or missing all-together. :wink:

Saying that why would you want to stain a new(ish) football top in the first place? :confused: