PDA

View Full Version : Do we need another striker?

KeithTheHibby
16-06-2010, 07:15 PM
So if Stokes, Riordan and Nish all remain at the club then we are technically one down due to Benji's departure.

I wonder if Yogi sees Byrne or Zemmama filling that void or if he has someone else on the radar?

Benji may have only been a bit part player last year however he came off the bench a heck of a lot of times last season and with his departure I wonder what Yogi's plans are...

Mister P
16-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I'd say we need 4 definite strikers. players go off the boil, get suspensions and get injured. to be instantly limited to a player 'filling in the role' is dangerous. Its great to have lads who can play an attacking position, but could you imagine zumo up top, shoulder to shoulder with a CB:bitchy: no his style imo.

PeterboroHibee
16-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Would like to see Byrne go out on loan again, getting a proper season of games under his belt and hopefully develop him as a player. The problem with that is if we keep playing the other 3 strikers at the same time, does leave us a bit bare in terms of back up. Think we need at least another forward brought in, maybe 2 to really push for competition; we only have 4 proper strikers at the club, isnt enough.

HibeeMcGinn1
16-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Id love a couple a strikers in but I cant really see it. Wev only let one go so I think itl be a case of 1 in 1 out.

Speedway
17-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Gow could well be Benji's replacement.

HFC 0-7
17-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Nish isnt good enough so even if we cant shift him I would say we need a better player than him on the books so yes.

ahibby
17-06-2010, 11:32 AM

I thought it had been announced that Gow wasn't going to be at ER next Season at the same time that we heard about Benji and Cregg being out? I certainly hope so because I don't think Gow is good enough, in the same way that Rangers and Norwich didn't think so.

MixuMac
17-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Link to the announcement on official site stating Gow was returning to Plymouth

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100514/player-update_2262950_2052770

Speedway
17-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Link to the announcement on official site stating Gow was returning to Plymouth

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100514/player-update_2262950_2052770

That doesn't mean that he's not coming back.

archiebald
17-06-2010, 12:36 PM
That doesn't mean that he's not coming back.
Oh yes it does no chance of him being back.

BonnieFitbaTeam
17-06-2010, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=KeithTheHibby;2494594]So if Stokes, Riordan and Nish all remain at the club then we are technically one down due to Benji's departure.

If all three are still at the club come the start of the new season I'll be quite surprised.

Franck is God
17-06-2010, 04:32 PM
I fully expect Alan Gow to be a Hibs player next season, he returned to Plymouth as per the terms of his loan.

Plymouth said they are looking for a transfer fee and Hibs don't want to pay one however it sounds like they want him off the wage bill too so I think a deal will be done somewhere, maybe he'll come on loan for the whole season then be free to sign a permamanent deal next January? Yogi is a big fan and I don't see him giving up so easily.

.Sean.
17-06-2010, 04:43 PM
No thanks.

Could that Rooney at Inverness do a job for us?

.Sean.
17-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Nish isnt good enough so even if we cant shift him I would say we need a better player than him on the books so yes.
Hibs.net in Nish-bashing shock.

Not. it's boring and predictable.

He scored the goals in the final few games that put us into Europe. New season, let's get behind everyone from the start. Let's not berate them before a ball has even been kicked.

bingo70
17-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Hibs.net in Nish-bashing shock.

Not. it's boring and predictable.

He scored the goals in the final few games that put us into Europe. New season, let's get behind everyone from the start. Let's not berate them before a ball has even been kicked.

New season or not you can still have an opinion on a player, even if it's not a positive one.

I'd like us to buy someone better and more consistant, if we don't though i'd be happy enough having him as a squad player and hopefully he does better than he did for most of last season.