PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Alan Rough

Don-hibee
16-06-2010, 06:22 PM
On Real Radio World Cup phone-in tonite Roughie alluded to the fact that we are about to reveal 2 new signings from the same English Premier league side, 1 a full back and 1 a striker, could this be David Murphy and Garry O'Connor coming home :greengrin

Lofarl
16-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Would be great but why would he be in the know?

Sent from my iPhone using my own fingers

Green_one
16-06-2010, 06:29 PM
On Real Radio World Cup phone-in tonite Roughie alluded to the fact that we are about to reveal 2 new signings from the same English Premier league side, 1 a full back and 1 a striker, could this be David Murphy and Garry O'Connor coming home :greengrin

Cannot see it but I would drive down and pick them up myself, especially Murphy, as I really liked the guy. Stick Ivan in the boot while I am down there.

Never heard him give any worthwhile tips before

Phil D. Rolls
16-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Get real, we're too wee for that sort of thing. Besides we'd have to beat the likes of Hearts. No way this is going down.

GlesgaeHibby
16-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Stephen Crainey and Stephen Dobbie?:wink:

Lmc2105
16-06-2010, 06:35 PM

gray and brandy from man utd?:wink:

Ritchie
16-06-2010, 06:37 PM

:pray:

Hibs90
16-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I think he's talking alot of pish, but we will see.

hibsboy90
16-06-2010, 06:50 PM
gray and brandy from man utd?:wink:
Hmmmm....

Gray (http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BFE60904B-C2A8-4E60-9B05-700DBBC29BBC%7D&section=playerProfile&teamid=458&bioid=91990) is an Edinburgh boy, attacking wing back.

Brandy (http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7B586F3BDA-BAD0-484E-AA1B-C0464DF06DF7%7D&section=playerProfile&teamid=435&bioid=91981) is English, small and pacy striker.

.Sean.
16-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Need to wait and see, anyone else heard similar?

Smiler1981
16-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Just before we appointed Collins and Craig as the management team roughie had said on this show that they would be the new management.

PISTOL1875
16-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Just before we appointed Collins and Craig as the management team roughie had said on this show that they would be the new management.

That's true but he only knew that because Tommy Craig told him....

ArabHibee
16-06-2010, 08:19 PM
That's true but he only knew that because Tommy Craig told him....

Well maybe Murphy has told him? :greengrin

aberhibsfc
16-06-2010, 08:19 PM

Please be true. Being greedy, throw in Hart and retain the existing squad and we would have a real chance of assaulting the cups, Euro qualification and perhaps a better position in the league.

I need to go and lie down........................ nurse!!!

stokesmessiah
16-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I just read on BBC text (News in brief) that Richard Keogh has turned down that contract extension as well.....could he be coming to Hibs??? Have read in a lot of places that his missus wont move up north though !?

Anyone got any inside line on it ?

hibsbollah
16-06-2010, 09:15 PM

That would be :rockin:

Probably as much chance as it being Cole and Belletti from Chelsea.

Toaods
16-06-2010, 09:25 PM
David Gray and Danny Welbeck

Ed De Gramo
16-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Michael Hart & Stephen Elliott :wink:

graemegyle
16-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Michael Hart & Stephen Elliott :wink:

They dont play for a premier league team.:confused:

Ed De Gramo
16-06-2010, 09:46 PM
They dont play for a premier league team.:confused:

This is Roughie we're talking about.....he gets his leagues mixed up :cool2:

NOLA
16-06-2010, 09:50 PM
i could defo see both murph + GOC coming here on a seasons loan deal, they both have had injury issues, good for blues we get them fit, bad for us, they are well short of fitness i would guess, and would move back down to brum at the end of the season? just my opinion likes

Lmc2105
16-06-2010, 09:58 PM
This is Roughie we're talking about.....he gets his leagues mixed up :cool2:

when you Dye yer hair Gramo :wink:

Ed De Gramo
16-06-2010, 09:59 PM
when you Dye yer hair Gramo :wink:

dinnae tell anybody but its bean sauce :cool2::greengrin

Lmc2105
16-06-2010, 10:00 PM
i could defo see both murph + GOC coming here on a seasons loan deal, they both have had injury issues, good for blues we get them fit, bad for us, they are well short of fitness i would guess, and would move back down to brum at the end of the season? just my opinion likes

Would be a great option for Mcleish if that was the case and would help us out big time.

but is O'Connor not out of Contract?
as for David Murphy he was up at Xmas time and said the only scottish club he would ever play for is us also he should he would never rule out coming back loves Edinburgh a lot.

so i hope to god it's true!!:greengrin

Lmc2105
16-06-2010, 10:02 PM
dinnae tell anybody but its bean sauce :cool2::greengrin

is this another beans job if true pal :greengrin
and get yer hair washed ya mank thats been over 2 years!!!:wink:

jojocan
16-06-2010, 10:04 PM
the chuckle brothers

No.4
16-06-2010, 10:27 PM
the chuckle brothers

No, I believe they've already signed for Hearts :bye:

.Sean.
16-06-2010, 10:37 PM
When and were did Murphy say that about Hibs Lee? Sorry can't quote your message i'm on my phone!

seanraff07
16-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Would be a dream come true if it happened, doubt it though.:boo hoo:

Albanian Hibs
17-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Would love for that to be true :pray:

:drool::drool::drool:

Lmc2105
17-06-2010, 12:23 AM
When and were did Murphy say that about Hibs Lee? Sorry can't quote your message i'm on my phone!

it was over xmas mate was up visiting friends and that said he really missed edinburgh and we asked him if he would ever consider coming back and he said he would never rule it out.
i believe it cause he loves the club as we did give him the break he needed and also he loves the city!

i just hope it's true

Hibs90
17-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Smith
Hart Murray Hanlon Murphy
Bamba
Zemmama Miller

Stokes O'Connor Riordan

Yes please though. :greengrin

Auckland Hibs
17-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Smith
Bamba
Zemmama Miller

Stokes O'Connor Riordan

There would be a few more 6-6 games with that formation!

PaulSmith
17-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Smith
Bamba
Zemmama Miller

Stokes O'Connor Riordan

De Graaf not playing? :greengrin

ski1875
17-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Im past gettin excited over these rumors from now on i won't be buzzin out my titlys until a see the face plastered on the evening news .

M8UDB
17-06-2010, 06:50 AM
:pray::pray: Murphy was just class at Hibs and i would love to see AS, GOC and DR up front for us, drooling just thinking about that front 3 :drool:

SouthMoroccoStu
17-06-2010, 06:51 AM
De Graaf not playing? :greengrin

:hahaha: good one. I would be more than happy with the above line up.

Could spell the end of Nish though

matty_f
17-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Much as he's a cracking player and would improve the team, I don't think we really need to be looking at the left back position and I think Murphy would be an expense that we could do without, unless we were getting him on the cheap.

We've got Nid that can play there, and Booth is more than capable of getting some first team action this coming season.

A right back or a centre-half are much higher priorities, IMHO.

Brooster
17-06-2010, 06:58 AM
I dont know about 2 premiership players but Hart is very very close to signing.

matty_f
17-06-2010, 07:14 AM

I hope this one happens. Right back was an area that definitely needs strengthening, and Hart will give us what we need there. In fact, if De Graaf turns out to be the signing he looks, our right side could be very strong indeed with Hart and De Graaf there.

IWasThere2016
17-06-2010, 07:25 AM

You said had signed before :devil:

You're right this time though :wink: :cool2: :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Much as he's a cracking player and would improve the team, I don't think we really need to be looking at the left back position and I think Murphy would be an expense that we could do without, unless we were getting him on the cheap.

We've got Nid that can play there, and Booth is more than capable of getting some first team action this coming season.

Unless Murray was playing with an injury towards the end of last season, imho he was poor. And i was starting to think he was becoming the player we all thought was never a left back a few seasons ago. If yogi is true to his word, and he wants both full backs pushing on, then i dont think Murray has that in him. As a defender yes, but not an attacking one.

Saying all that, he might play better with a proper left sided midfielder in front of him?

hibsbollah
17-06-2010, 07:38 AM

Disagree. Both fullback positions are weak. The argument that Murray can play left back ignores the fact that he can play most positions quite well, and his lack of pace got exposed at left back especially towards the end of the season. He might be better somewhere in the middle. There are doubts at CB as well as you say, but theres evidence that Thicot could be a long term solution next to Bamba, assuming he stays. And Murray can play there.

Murphy is the best all round defender ive seen at Hibs since Sauzee, and would be an absolutely immense signing.

Greenblood70
17-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Unless Murray was playing with an injury towards the end of last season, imho he was poor. And i was starting to think he was becoming the player we all thought was never a left back a few seasons ago. If yogi is true to his word, and he wants both full backs pushing on, then i dont think Murray has that in him. As a defender yes, but not an attacking one.

Saying all that, he might play better with a proper left sided midfielder in front of him?

Disagree. Both fullback positions are weak. The argument that Murray can play left back ignores the fact that he can play most positions quite well, and his lack of pace got exposed at left back especially towards the end of the season. He might be better somewhere in the middle. There are doubts at CB as well as you say, but theres evidence that Thicot could be a long term solution next to Bamba, assuming he stays. And Murray can play there.

Murphy is the best all round defender ive seen at Hibs since Sauzee, and would be an absolutely immense signing.

Agree with both of these posts..Murray, while continuing to give his all, was becoming increasingly exposed towards the end of last season. I'd honestly virtually start again with our defence and only retain Hanlon at left CB. I reckon Bamba will be away before the start of the season so it's important we bring in at least one, maybe two no nonsense CH who defend first and are organisers.

I'd be surprised, but delighted, if the Murphy rumour was true. Would bring some composure back there and was also useful pushing on.

I reckon Hughes will go with a 4-2-3-1 formation next season..it seems to be in vogue and I think with a couple of signings we have the players to play it.

Brooster
17-06-2010, 07:57 AM
You said had signed before :devil:

You're right this time though :wink: :cool2: :thumbsup:

Thanks for telling me I'm right. :confused:

Speedway
17-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Looking at the title of the thread I thought Yogi was taking this goalkeeping school a step too far.

Bear in mind that the EPL team in question might not be Brum. Remember Luke Ayling?

Barney McGrew
17-06-2010, 08:19 AM
The argument that Murray can play left back ignores the fact that he can play most positions quite well, and his lack of pace got exposed at left back especially towards the end of the season

Murray is like Usain Bolt compared to Murphy :greengrin

heretoday
17-06-2010, 08:22 AM
I wouldn't want any of their goalies!

HFC 0-7
17-06-2010, 08:28 AM

If players of that calibre are available you shouldnt turn the nose up. I would rather have murphy than booth. If we want to be a great team we need a good first 11 and good subs too. I dont see bringing in a quality player if available for a position already filled. Some healthy competition. I would worry if Hughes was actively looking for players for left back etc, but if he is advised of a players availability and is a good enough player, snap him up if we have money.

Speedway
17-06-2010, 08:29 AM
So let's say Roughie's right. How about starting the season with:

Brown

Hart Keogh Bamba Murphy

Wotherspoon Zoumer De Graaf Hartley McBride Miller Murray Gow

GO'C Stokes Riordan

BSEJVT
17-06-2010, 08:31 AM

Brown

Hart Keogh Bamba Murphy

GO'C Stokes Riordan

That would be fantastic but I think other teams would complain about us playing all 16:greengrin

Speedway
17-06-2010, 08:34 AM
That would be fantastic but I think other teams would complain about us playing all 16:greengrin

I was thinking that it still looked a bit lightweight in midfield as well.

Hibby Kay-Yay
17-06-2010, 08:49 AM
..............................Brown............... ........

Hart.............Keogh.........Hanlon..........Mur phy

.................De Graaf..........McBride................

Wotherspoon...........Miller..................Deek s

.............................Stokes............... .............

Strong bench - Murray, Zouma, O'Connor, Gow, cough Smith cough, Galbraith, McCann

Oscar T Grouch
17-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I heard Roughie last night too. I don't know if he was reacting to the yam @rse and camaroon bumming up the yams signing and "resisting selling Driver for too little", it seemed that way and he would not give them any more details. Hope its true but tbh, I'd prefer a EPL right back, but DM and GOC coming back to us would be sweet :greengrin

IWasThere2016
17-06-2010, 09:25 AM

Brown

Hart Keogh Bamba Murphy

GO'C Stokes Riordan

I was thinking that it still looked a bit lightweight in midfield as well.

:greengrin

YehButNoBut
17-06-2010, 09:25 AM

Brown

Hart Keogh Bamba Murphy

GO'C Stokes Riordan

I like it an 8 man midfield, that'll do nicely. :thumbsup:

Woody1985
17-06-2010, 09:29 AM

Plays for Championship side Swansea. :wink:

Aldo
17-06-2010, 10:36 AM
If we were to sign the following would we be happy

De Graff
Keogh
Hartley
Murphy
O Connor
Hart

but will have to lose some of the following

Bamba
Nish
Zuma
Stokes
Deek

I dont think we will be able to sign O Connor and keep Stokes, Deek and Nish but those 3 would make quite a good front line (albeit not the quickest). Would really like to get a front man with a bit of pace cos thats what we lack a bit up front.

TBH I think we may lose Deek or Stokes (maybe even both, hope not though) but you never know what Hughes' plans are.

Will just have to wait and see.

Long suffering
17-06-2010, 11:01 AM
the thing is while im pretty sure this probably wont be true, you just cant help getting a teensy bit excited

Long suffering
17-06-2010, 11:02 AM
..............................Brown............... ........

Hart.............Keogh.........Hanlon..........Mur phy

.................De Graaf..........McBride................

Wotherspoon...........Miller..................Deek s

.............................Stokes............... .............

Strong bench - Murray, Zouma, O'Connor, Gow, cough Smith cough, Galbraith, McCann

very strong but id rather have murray than mcbride tbh

Hibstrooper
17-06-2010, 11:14 AM
I didn't realise that Murphy and O'Connor played for West Brom :hmmm:

Long suffering
17-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Plays for Championship side Swansea. :wink:

/ premiership side blackpool :wink:

BT58
17-06-2010, 11:25 AM
i notice that no one has named rankin in their teams :wink::wink::cool2:
has he gone???????
hopefully so
hb

Hibby Kay-Yay
17-06-2010, 11:29 AM
has he gone???????
hopefully so
hb

He's just responsible for the unseen work in midfield

Dunbar Hibee
17-06-2010, 11:30 AM
has he gone???????
hopefully so
hb

No! JR is a hero:agree:

tam4hibs
17-06-2010, 11:37 AM
very strong but id rather have murray than mcbride tbh

And I'd rather have Zooma than Wotherspoon.

The nyoung lad is great, and brilliant cover - but for me wee zemmama is a hugely influential player.

I think it was no coincidence that we started playing poorly last season when he got injured. (ok - not just down to him though).

I can think of at least the 1-3 'well game where he ran the show. At Ibrox 1-1. The first 45 mins against DU (1-1) etc etc etc. He has that spark and I can't wait to see him back in the first 11.

Woody1985
17-06-2010, 12:02 PM
/ premiership side blackpool :wink:

No, on loan at Blackpool. Signed with Swansea.

We can't sign two players from a Premiership club when one of them isn't signed to them in the first place. :wink:

Long suffering
17-06-2010, 12:23 PM
No, on loan at Blackpool. Signed with Swansea.

We can't sign two players from a Premiership club when one of them isn't signed to them in the first place. :wink:

fair play your right :greengrin

mjhibby
17-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Please be true. Being greedy, throw in Hart and retain the existing squad and we would have a real chance of assaulting the cups, Euro qualification and perhaps a better position in the league.

I need to go and lie down........................ nurse!!!

i think the hospitals couldnt cope if all this came off.Doubt it very much and as my mate says will believe any transfers when they are wearing the tops in the papers.

.Sean.
17-06-2010, 04:22 PM
has he gone???????
hopefully so
hb
:yawn:

The season is over. Fancy giving the anti-Rankin pish a rest?

the happy hibee
17-06-2010, 05:34 PM
:yawn:

The season is over. Fancy giving the anti-Rankin pish a rest?
NO HES PASH :devil:

aberhibsfc
17-06-2010, 05:36 PM
I'd be delighted if Hart, O'Connor and Murphy joined, but I would like to add them to Stokes and Riordan, Zouma, Miller. If any of those left I don't think we would have travelled much further forward.

BSEJVT
17-06-2010, 09:20 PM

Correct, whose playing the Matty Jack role?

bighairyfaeleith
18-06-2010, 06:36 AM
I agree

NO HES PASH :devil:

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk