PDA

View Full Version : Europa cup tickets for £5 (Merged)

Pete70
16-06-2010, 06:11 PM
£5 Each

Well done Hibs:top marks

graemegyle
16-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Hibs have announced they are selling tickets for the European cup game for a fiver for season ticket holders:thumbsup:

See link http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100616/europa-league-ticket-update_2262950_2072429

Mikey
16-06-2010, 06:16 PM
And a fiver off the new home strip for ST holders under 15 who buy a ticket for the game.

Well done Hibs!

Hibercelona
16-06-2010, 06:19 PM
For people that have their season ticket from last season, or for people who are renewing? :confused:

greenlex
16-06-2010, 06:21 PM
For people that have their season ticket from last season, or for people who are renewing? :confused:
You have to have a season ticket. Last seasons finished last season. :wink:

Pete70
16-06-2010, 06:21 PM

Read the article:wink:

Gatecrasher
16-06-2010, 06:24 PM
well done Hibs! :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
16-06-2010, 07:09 PM
This is a fantastic deal.:thumbsup:

Well done the Hibs:greengrin

Bob Box Fish
16-06-2010, 07:10 PM
I think this is a bad move. Say we have 9k season ticket holders then that's a big financial loss if they are only paying £5 vs say £22.

Can't see the angle the club are taking justifying the loss from the £5 tickets?

Hibby D
16-06-2010, 07:18 PM
I think this is a bad move. Say we have 9k season ticket holders then that's a big financial loss if they are only paying £5 vs say £22.

Can't see the angle the club are taking justifying the loss from the £5 tickets?

It's a great move by the club - at £5 a pop more fans will want to go meaning others will be concerned that they won't get a seat (limited capacity mind) As a result many may feel encouraged to fork out for a ST in order to guarantee themselves a seat.

It's obviously more important to have as full a stadium as possible for this home fixture than for Rod to worry about a few measly quid :greengrin

Keith_M
16-06-2010, 07:21 PM

Jeezo, there's always one!

:bitchy:

TheGreenMan
16-06-2010, 07:23 PM
When is the draw for europe?

matty_f
16-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Just this minute read the article on the website - fantastic stuff - European fitba for a fiver!:thumbsup:

1two
16-06-2010, 07:26 PM
There next announcement will be that the east stand will be having its debut for the game which will get an even bigger interest and hopefully a near full stadium!

Good work hibs!!

Bob Box Fish
16-06-2010, 07:27 PM
It's a great move by the club - at £5 a pop more fans will want to go meaning others will be concerned that they won't get a seat (limited capacity mind) As a result many may feel encouraged to fork out for a ST in order to guarantee themselves a seat.

It's obviously more important to have as full a stadium as possible for this home fixture than for Rod to worry about a few measly quid :greengrin

Cant see many buying a season ticket based on one game. Plus still 14k seats available despite reduced capacity.

Good for fans bad for £.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
16-06-2010, 07:32 PM
When is the draw for europe?

Draw for the first two qualifying rounds is Monday 21 June. Draw for third qualifying round (where we enter) is Friday 16 July

.Sean.
16-06-2010, 07:37 PM

Who pished in your porridge this morning?

Great move by the club, thank you and well done :agree:

Bob Box Fish
16-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Who pished in your porridge this morning?

Great move by the club, thank you and well done :agree:

Lol. Nobody, I think Petrie is going soft in his old age.

Westie1875
16-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Excellent move by Hibs :thumbsup:

Jack
16-06-2010, 08:18 PM
A fiver is more like an admin fee. This is basically a freebie for season ticket holders.
Thank you Hibs.
Europe, all the new signings, a bargain!

HibeeMcGinn1
16-06-2010, 08:30 PM

you dont get alot of good deals for tickets here and when it does happen people moan :grr: jeeesus

H18sry
16-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Just this minute read the article on the website - fantastic stuff - European fitba for a fiver!:thumbsup:

Aye but how much are the yamfuds charging for their champions league ties :confused:

:faf::faf:

lyonhibs
16-06-2010, 08:50 PM
I thought the board were out on a mission to constantly fleece us of our hard earned, such that Petrie could open his own moustache preening salon in the Cayman Islands in a few years time?? :dunno:

Great move by Hibs - slightly less appealing to me as I'm no longer a ST holder, but that's not exactly Petrie's fault :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
16-06-2010, 08:55 PM

:doh:

Great stuff from Hibs :thumbsup:

I was going regardless of cost but the fact it's only a 5 spot makes it even sweeter :greengrin

marinello59
16-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and indeed haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. That's the wee lads new kit paid for with what we will save.:thumbsup:

Antifa Hibs
16-06-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm the first to moan like **** about ticket prices so I thought i'd better thank Hibs, Petrie and Co. aswell. I know they'll recoup money from tele, advertising, hospitality etc, but they could've quite easily charged full whack and still easily sold out, so far play! :agree::thumbsup:

NOLA
16-06-2010, 09:57 PM
its a good deal, but lets not get carried away here, we have 2 qualifying rounds to play first, i think, i dont class those games as being europa league games, if we progress into the group stages thats proper europa league if you get my drift? always one i know :)

marinello59
16-06-2010, 09:59 PM
its a good deal, but lets not get carried away here, we have 2 qualifying rounds to play first, i think, i dont class those games as being europa league games, if we progress into the group stages thats proper europa league if you get my drift? always one i know :)

Good grief I never thought of that. The club should charge us all full price then...............Petrie you fiend.:grr:

NOLA
16-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Good grief I never thought of that. The club should charge us all full price then...............Petrie you fiend.:grr:
like i said, we will get a pub team from wales probably, they couldnt justify charging full wack for that game, its a no brainer really?

Hainan Hibs
17-06-2010, 12:09 AM
A very good signing from Holland, with more signings on the way it seems, and now this?

Far far far too much positive feeling about Hibs:greengrin

If things continue Petrie will be rivalling Kim Jong Il in the cult of personality stakes:agree:

broonie27
17-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Jeezo, there's always one!

:bitchy:

Totally agree. You can't please all the people all the time eh :wink:

brydekirk
17-06-2010, 05:07 AM

:agree: well expained

scoopyboy
17-06-2010, 05:39 AM
like i said, we will get a pub team from wales probably, they couldnt justify charging full wack for that game, its a no brainer really?

Not a snawbaws chance in hell will we get a Welsh pub team, that is first round but there will be no soft touches in the third.

We got the last seeded place in the draw which means we have a fighting chance of getting through, if we had been unseeded I don't think we would have been fancying our chances.

IWasThere2016
17-06-2010, 05:45 AM
Well done Hibs. It is right we try and fill ER - otherwise why extend the capacity? It is also right the Euro games are cheap to create the right atmosphere and gives something back to the fans (especially those with STs). The next move for Hibs MUST be to grow the fan base and £5 Euro games is something the Yams cannae offer :greengrin

I'll be there :thumbsup:

Glory Glory!!

BoltonHibee
17-06-2010, 06:27 AM
Well done Hibs. It is right we try and fill ER - otherwise why extend the capacity? It is also right the Euro games are cheap to create the right atmosphere and gives something back to the fans (especially those with STs). The next move for Hibs MUST be to grow the fan base and £5 Euro games is something the Yams cannae offer :greengrin

I'll be there :thumbsup:

Glory Glory!!

Have you got a sat nav, or at very least a map?:greengrin

Sorry had to get in before you know who:greengrin

Keith_M
17-06-2010, 12:33 PM
A very good signing from Holland, with more signings on the way it seems, and now this?

Far far far too much positive feeling about Hibs:greengrin

If things continue Petrie will be rivalling Kim Jong Il in the cult of personality stakes:agree:

Do you think Petrie will start sinking submarines as well? I do believe a certain owner of a rival club still owns one.

:wink:

BonnieFitbaTeam
17-06-2010, 01:16 PM
I would see this as a calculated gamble on Rodders' part.

Attendances at previous Euro-qualifying games in July have been poor, which is hardly surprising given that many people are either away on holiday or saving their cash for spending when they do go away. Charging anywhere near 'full' price would see a crowd of about 5,000 if you're lucky, imo. A fiver encourages as many bums on seats as possible in the hope that we get a winnable tie, and the club more than recoups the cost if we draw one of the big boys - which is almost inevitable - in the final qualifying round. Full price tickets, tv, corporate, etc.

Oh, and hang on to that ticket stub if we do get through.....:wink:

KdyHby
17-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh, and hang on to that ticket stub if we do get through.....:wink:

The way I've read it, the £5 is for season ticket holders, which means it will be added to the season card? I take it the match will cost more than £5 for non-season ticket holders?

.Sean.
17-06-2010, 04:53 PM
The way I've read it, the £5 is for season ticket holders, which means it will be added to the season card? I take it the match will cost more than £5 for non-season ticket holders?
I'd expect the match to be slightly dearer for non-season ticket holders.

It's a nice perk for us season ticket holders. We do the club a massive favour by investing hundreds of pounds in a season ticket before a ball's even been kicked, so they do us a wee favour by slashing prices for us for the game.

bingo70
17-06-2010, 04:55 PM

Yes it will do, how much more will probably depend on who we get

sunshine1875
17-06-2010, 06:45 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100616/europa-league-ticket-update_2262950_2072429

Season ticket holders can buy a ticket for £5 up to the deadline of close of play on Thursday 16th of July - the date of the draw (at 1:30pm). General sale is from the 17th.

Someone should tell them that the 16th July is a Friday not a Thursday.:cool2:

iwasthere1972
17-06-2010, 06:48 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100616/europa-league-ticket-update_2262950_2072429

Season ticket holders can buy a ticket for £5 up to the deadline of close of play on Thursday 16th of July - the date of the draw (at 1:30pm). General sale is from the 17th.

Must still be using the 2009 calendar. Typical Rod. :agree:

1875 NO 1
17-06-2010, 08:05 PM

It also suggestions you are not guaranteed your own seat. Normally they say to secure your seat.

marinello59
17-06-2010, 08:08 PM
It also suggestions you are not guaranteed your own seat. Normally they say to secure your seat.

It'll be for your own seat.

bubblesmorrison
18-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Cant see many buying a season ticket based on one game. Plus still 14k seats available despite reduced capacity.

Good for fans bad for £.

maybe for once the club is thinking about the fans before there £ i think its a good idea from hibs and anyone that dose not must be a tool

HibbyRod
18-06-2010, 12:06 PM
maybe for once the club is thinking about the fans before there £ i think its a good idea from hibs and anyone that dose not must be a tool

A spanner, maybe? :dunno:

1875 NO 1
18-06-2010, 12:33 PM
It'll be for your own seat.

Not according to the Ticket Office - they don't know if you can get your own seat.

Very poor organisation.

marinello59
18-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Not according to the Ticket Office - they don't know if you can get your own seat.

Obviously that will be the case if you sit in the East.

1875 NO 1
18-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Obviously that will be the case if you sit in the East.

Applies to the whole ground. Source - ticket office

LancashireHibby
18-06-2010, 05:01 PM
£3 for non season ticket holders, well done Petrie :wink:

shagpile
18-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and indeed haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. That's the wee lads new kit paid for with what we will save.:thumbsup:

B answer.

The A answer is, i will now buy the wee lad the away kit too.:greengrin

marinello59
22-06-2010, 12:17 PM
B answer.

The A answer is, i will now buy the wee lad the away kit too.:greengrin

Ach, once he get's me in the store I'll be buying that anyway.:greengrin

marinello59
22-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Applies to the whole ground. Source - ticket office

Online sales offering your own seat as reserved.

jgl07
22-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Not a snawbaws chance in hell will we get a Welsh pub team, that is first round but there will be no soft touches in the third.

We got the last seeded place in the draw which means we have a fighting chance of getting through, if we had been unseeded I don't think we would have been fancying our chances.
Fair comment about no soft touches.

However the chances are that Hibs will face a team that many will will think of as unknown. That is reflected in the pricing structure.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Online sales offering your own seat as reserved.

Just purchased mine, unclear from the receipt if it is added to Season ticket card or if there is an actual ticket to uplift. :confused::confused:

brydekirk
01-07-2010, 10:08 PM
they told me it would be added to my ST card, to be delivered middle of july.