PDA

View Full Version : I'm offski to Tory Town

lyonhibs
16-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Doubtless you'll all be gutted to learn that, as I just got a new job confirmed in Oxford that starts on August 2nd, this means that I'll have to pull out of signing up for the upcoming season.

I'm a bit gutted, as with the team properly organised and registered etc, I get the impression that the Beers could really be going places, and it would have been nice to have played a role in that.

As - understandably - the esteemed "management team" :greengrin are treating upcoming friendlies as an opportunity to get a final squad of 23 (or however many it is) ironed out for the amateur season, whilst I'm happy to put myself forward when available - as I have done for Sunday - I don't want to go taking the place of somebody who can guarantee that they'll be around in the medium/long term.

(Cue comments such as "Aye well yer *****e anyway, so that's no bother" :greengrin)

I'll still come along to training when available etc for the banter/fitness as well obviously, but sadly, pretty soon you'll have to designate someone else "Tarquin" "Queenie" or "David Cameron's love child" :boo hoo::greengrin

Delboy*
16-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Im gonna miss ur 50p heid n ur brewery horse legs galloping around the park!!!

All the best lad, i hope its a fruitfull venture!

Ritchie
16-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Aye well yer *****e anyway, so that's no bother :devil:

your tarquinism's will be missed!!:agree:

lordy lord!

Nando™
16-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Oh dear b**tardface.

I hate you now Tarqs.

But on a serious note, you should be deed :agree:

Mister P
16-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Shut the door on yer way out mate.....

On a serious note, that really quite sad mate. All the best in what you're doing.

By the way..WTF do you do :confused:

lyonhibs
17-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Shut the door on yer way out mate.....

On a serious note, that really quite sad mate. All the best in what you're doing.

By the way..WTF do you do :confused:

:greengrin Good question - right now I do bi-lingual technical support for numpties with broken Motorola phones.

As of August, I'll be a "Project Developer" (I know, I know, a right ***** job title) for a big Market research company called Nielsen, basically making sure that big companies like P+G, Coca Cola etc don't **** up by launching new products that nae **** wants :greengrin

Looking forward to a couple of summer footballing sessions before I leave regardless.

MacBean
17-06-2010, 01:55 PM
awra best Tarqs!:thumbsup:

Gus
20-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Good luck Tarq, i'm back home in August so if you want we can meet for a beer in tory land